Are you ready for King Arthur and Excalibur kino Sup Forums?

Are you ready for King Arthur and Excalibur kino Sup Forums?

Anti Ritchie nu-males can fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=SX9y5JPuRHY

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Artorius_Castus
youtube.com/watch?v=uE9fN89Jc0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will watch on opening day. Guy Ritchie can do no wrong in my eyes, and I don't care about the 'accuracy' of the Arthur saga either

>Pacific Rim
>The Lost City of Z
>and now this

It's the great unjusting of Charlie Hunnam

I want to like this, but why does arthur have a fucking 2017 hipster haircut? it just kills any realism.

>'accuracy' of the Arthur saga
there is none, else you take the roman soldier that went to dalmatia took a sword from the slavs and then eventually settled in britain

>ritchie
I'll give it a watch

>King Arthur
>white

Getting sick of this whitewashing bullshit that's going on.

An 'accurate' movie based on the Arthurian saga, or Vulgate Cycle, would be the most boring, repetitive shit ever. I studied medieval literature (I was stupid enough to choose it as an optional module when I was an undergrad), and 99.9% of the stories are about two effeminate noblemen battling it out for hours on end to prove their honour, whilst concealing their identities because surprise twist in the end.

So... no Merlin? or is he played by Edward Norton and doesn't want to appear in the trailer?

I thought it looked like absolute trash from the earlier trailer but this looks pretty dope

Exactly why I don't care
But it has been a criticism on Sup Forums that Ritchie will fuck up the ''Arthurian legend''

I'm ready for more Guykino

Why do you faggots keep shilling this uninteresting piece of shit movie.
The trailer looks like your run of the mill shitty action movie.
Also I won't be satisfied till they make a true Arthur kino tv series of pic related.

Is this film worth watching? I remember sort of liking the first one, but it got really boring towards the end iirc

i usually really enjoy ritchies energetic directing style, apart from sherlock.

this looks like a great torrent

also, he's fucking ripped mirin.

also also, dat haircut is jarring as its literally what 90% of all males my age have right not

The trailer looked fun

>Arthur kino
>not a faithful adaptation of Le Morte d'Arthur

Game of Shadows is far better. I didn't like the first one at all but really enjoyed GoS.

I preferred the second over the first. Jared Harris is a much stronger antagonist than Mark Strong's character, but the detective aspects from the first half of the first movie are toned down in favor of adventure.

Yeah its good worst part about it is Noomi Rapace

Has a great scene with an artillery cannon

I had no idea that was Arthur Shelby

Tell me more user, I was under the impression he was welsh.

Same, but the special effects on this one seem a bit shit

This

>no Lancelot
>no Gawain
>no Percival
>no Kay
>no Bors
>no Tristan
>no Galahad
>only Arthurian Knight is Bedivere, played by pic related

The European Caliphate is just getting worse and worse.

Le Morte D'Arthur is shit friendo. Just because its the first compilation of stories doesn't mean its the best.

An adaptation of The Once and Future King would be far more interesting than Le Morte D'Arthur. Excalibur is also absolute Kino and wasn't a faithful adaptation of it either. Accuracy=/=good.

That said, Ritche is a shit director and it looks like a shit movie.

>I had no idea that was Arthur Shelby
Facial hair really changes that guy's look. He also looks completely different clean shaven.

>They're making ANOTHER Robin Hood film
>Jamie Foxx as Little John
>mfw

Nigga this ain't the Round Table, leave some room for a sequel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Artorius_Castus

>The Once and Future King
Poorly written garbage. The first chapters don't match the rest of the book with birds going on rants about niggers (literally) and Merlin spouting modern age rhetoric. The last chapters are all about Lancelot cucking Arthur, who's aware of it and happy to have his best friend be his bull but that damn Mordred had to ruin their good time.

Quite possibly the worst Arthurian adaptation of them all.

Yeah, can't wait to see who they cast for the rest of the Knights.

Not sure if kino or utter shit.

>it's a /lit/ invades a comfykino thread episode

>Basic shill thread template #23

>entire """"'theory'""" hinges on the fact Artorius sounds kinda similar to Arthur

How many black people are in it?

>its a pleb doesn't being reminded of being one episode

Are you going to call me a redditor next fucking capeshit lover?

>The first chapters don't match the rest of the book with birds going on rants about niggers (literally) and Merlin spouting modern age rhetoric

The first chapters are about Arthur learning about the natural world and what it means to be a king by emulating the laws of nature, not the laws of man. It makes perfect sense in the context of the story and Arthur's ideal vision of Camelot. Merlin spouting modern age rhetoric is more of a part of the Book of Merlyn than The Sword in the Stone.

>The last chapters are all about Lancelot cucking Arthur, who's aware of it and happy to have his best friend be his bull but that damn Mordred had to ruin their good time.

Sounds about right. Arthur is a cuck and a willing cuck in many adaptations. And it's not Mordred's fault, it's Arthur's fault. Had he not been a cuck and had he not fucked his sister then things would have been all right.

Not enough.

Sorry to say but King Arthur, your national hero, is a cuckold. That isn't a fault of the adaptation for admitting that Arthur is a cuck.

Spoiler alert :
Film ends with Galahad meeting an ash haired girl going by the name of Ciri, who refers to herself as the lady of the lake. Part 2 of the saga revolves around nimue.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but the entire book is disjointed and broken. You go from constant fourth wall breaks like Merlin bitching about Adolf Hitler in the beginning to grimdark murder everyone cuckold fantasy in the end.

T.H. White has admitted that he didn't write the whole thing as a novel, but it was a patchwork of stories he slapped together and it's painfully obvious the whole way through.

There's a line between Arthur finding out Lancelot is sleeping with Guinevere and the righteous fire he rains down on them in most adaptations, and the Once and Future King where he finds out about it, is happy about it, and beats his tiny dick in the shadows watching Lancelot bull his wife.

Star Wars trailer this friday, get ready for months of shill nightmare

I have no problem with /lit/ or Arthurian Legends, but there is a board for that for a reason.

I mean fuck, even redditors know how to use subreddits.

will this be historically accurate?

when was he justed?

It's fantasy

yeah we all have the same fantasy of seeing the Arthurian story portrayed in a historically accurate way. like the way it really happened. that's why i want to know IF IT WILL. wtf

What historically accurate way? The story of King Arthur is fantasy. Its about a wizard and a magic sword for fucks sake.

What he means is if ti will be believable and accurate to the time its set in which it probably will fuck up.

John Boorman's Exclibur is the only King Arthur kino I need.

I have no room in my heart from Kingz of Anarchy.

I didn't know he was justed either but he did back out of 50 Shades of Grey when he was the lead role. Hollywood can really fuck actors over if they back out of or refuse a high-profile role like that

i know that magic isn't real gmafb. but Merlin was real. he lived in a house of 77 windows. all of that stuff happened. if it wasn't real why would they make these films (kinos)? the whole story of ARTHUR has been ruined time and time again by mony python and all these. i want to see it as IT REALLY HAPPENED. in England. that is my fantasy.

Looks fun, even if it does go to far with the CG.

That said, Sam Neil's Merlin is still my favourite version of the legend.

>probably will
The trailer already has two handed swords, full plate armour, crossguards, kite shields, full helmets, heavy cavalry, niggers, elephants, stirrups, epic castles, t-shirts, women in important positions and dragons
None of which are historically accurate assuming we're talking about 5th century British Isles

>Sam Neil's Merlin

Good taste

I thought it would be more along the lines of the popular high middle ages arthurian tales than the kino 5th century arthur.

>yeah we all have the same fantasy of seeing the Arthurian story portrayed in a historically accurate way
But this isn't a fantasy user, it already exists.
youtube.com/watch?v=uE9fN89Jc0Y

Full plate is anachronistic in Arthurian tales no matter how you look at it. In reality it was developed at the same time as first European firearms. Before that it's ringmail all day every day, coat of plates for rich fucks.

This looks like such hot garbage

no girl Arthur, no watch

Is this actually good?

It's only a fucking classic

It's slightly aged now, I mean you're not going to get LOTR battles, but it's a damn good movie. I haven't watched it in a decade though, I'm going to watch it tonight.

JACKY BOYYY

Get the fuck off of this board if you need to ask this
Why don't you ask if Conan is 'actually good' too you fucking homo

It's not terrible, but it's not great either. The whole thing feels really strange, and perhaps due to the editing and strange scoring, there's very seldom any feeling of tension or excitement. Also, the ending makes no sense if you don't know about the way the Arthur legend typically ends with Arthur taken to Avalon.

The new Transformers is going to be a better King Arthur movie than this piece of shit ahahahahahaaha

not gonna lie
this looks really really shitty

just another stylized garbage cgi action fest with no substance based on myths and legends. fuck hollywood

I doubt /lit/ gives a shit about any of the Arthurian literature. Your average fantasy neckbeard probably knows more about it than they do.

No

go to bed Gay Ritchie

probably just unfinished

Your average neckbeard has never read Thomas Malory or Chrétien de Troyes

I know /tg/ is just a tumblr colony these days but they know fuckall about Arthurian myth despite how much of it is responsible for the fantasy shit they enjoy. They're a board that holds ASOIAF and Martin the Taxman to high standards of course because they genuinely believe that tax policy shit is what makes a good setting.

This pretty gay tbhwy.
I would rather see a 5th century based arthur story like the movie with Keira Knightley and that guy from children of men.
It should be accurate for the time period though.
So clashing shieldwalls instead of that gay ass total chaos type fighting that hollywood likes so much.

>tfw I just remembered that roundtable scene in the new trailer

Neither has /lit/.

This user and frequent /lit/ user has.

>King Arthur isn't being played by a nigger man

Dropped