Hey /b, name some underrated anime’s I should give a watch

Hey /b, name some underrated anime’s I should give a watch

Attached: 4A79402F-1D62-4A84-AE6D-DF993E6BFFC9.jpg (1710x900, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jojo

I was considering it but it got memed to hell

Big O, if you’re into highly sophisticated stuff, Investigating, and giant mechs it’s perfect. Basically anime Batman

Boku no Pico

Golden boy

Berserk if you haven’t watched it already but I’m sure by now just about everyone and their mothers has.

Attached: 129A4E27-FE2D-4B2D-8AB2-55423584F382.jpg (320x320, 37K)

rising of the shield hero if you like a good isekai

What’s golden boy about? And I’ve seen berserk and I really loved it

Attached: 617EF8F7-9CF6-4F7B-A90A-A4EC42E7361B.jpg (750x353, 210K)

All isekai is overrated and trash, fuck off nigger

paranoia agent, serial experiments lain, rebuild of evangelion, boogiepop phantom, texhnolyze, perfect blue, millennium actress, tokyo godfathers, the girl who leapt through time, gantz, samurai champloo, paprika

Also, I recommend Future Diaries, kinda boring first 10 minutes but picks up

Attached: 29DD3073-7440-47C1-9044-0EEC3EBC3DA8.jpg (750x562, 372K)

Unpopular opinion but I actually really liked Re:Zero it’s okay

Attached: 361C24A8-835D-4A09-BE87-E52B3ECB8C09.jpg (1125x757, 606K)

underrated

Gantz is the shit

Speed Grapher

gritty, lots of violence. There isn't a lot of anime like it.

I’ve seen samurai champloo and I really enjoyed it, gave me nostalgia of samurai jack some how

Attached: 1A28E940-2F89-4DE3-BC4E-B77390FF38FE.jpg (750x1056, 135K)

What’s your preference OP? Are you into the classic stuff from 80s and 90s or do you prefer more modern stuff ?

Give Desert Punk a shot, think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by it.

Attached: 1319505_Japanese_ShowDetailHeaderDesktop_e46a487d-2988-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (1920x750, 156K)

Read baki, hajime no ippo, watch shigurui then finish it by reading, gantz is a trip, gurren and SPACE * DANDY if you slept on them.

Naruto.

Watch the OVA of Battle Angel now that’s a good one and I think it’s underrated even after the movie came out. Sucks it’s only got 2 ep but I enjoyed them

Naruto is gay, tried watching that shit can’t stand naruto himself he’s too annoying.

I really lean towards older stuff such as 80s -90s but I’ll plop my ass down and binge any anime if it isn’t trash

Attached: 797FE45A-01BD-4953-A941-04537F24EA03.png (540x490, 457K)

Black Lagoon

I loved space dandy and watched it all, the pup episode hit me to close to home haha

Attached: B3AF76F6-92AF-4D3D-8216-3A6F2ED862F7.jpg (400x400, 31K)

FLCL

I’ll defidently check it out looks neat from the ss you posted

Safe to assume you've seen GiTS, Akira and Jin-Roh?

FLCL still has to be one of my favorites since I’ve rewatched it like 500 times

Attached: 2ED0413E-532B-45CC-BAD7-768882A020D0.jpg (750x544, 432K)

correct my friend

Nice dubs and I loved black lagoon

Also nice dubs user

If you've never done a deep dive into the gundam series that's definitely a good week or 2 down the drain, the lupin shit is tight too, escaflowne is a pretty good old school mecha as well.

I’ve seen gundam and I love lupin too, haven’t seen escaflowne so I’ll
Check it out

Certified S-tier soundtrack would play to my in utero child

>Goldenboy
English dub is superior just because of how ridiculous it is. A little bit too much fanservice for my personal tastes, but the characters and story are AMAZING. I went from laughing and fapping to putting on my study glasses and analyzing it. Holy shit I love this anime.

>Rising of the Shield Hero
Great story. Great characters. Great concept. Always entertaining.

>Kakegurui
Gambling anime that is outright ridiculous. Season 1 is spectacular. Season 2 is good until the last five or so episodes, where it takes a quality nose dive.

>Dragon Pilot
This has amazing characters, and is funny for what it is. Unfortunately, the last five or so episodes absolutely ruins everything, ALMOST bad enough to make it irredeemable. I mean, it was like they ran out of money and just threw everything in a blender. Totally sucked, which is too bad.

>Azumanga Daioh
English dub OR Japanese dub, both are good. I know this is a classic, but it's fading away in to legend, and deserves more re-viewings. The characters completely carry this show, to the point where once it ends it makes you want to cry. Phenomenally ridiculous.

>Nichijou
Middle child of Anime. Due to bad timing it was very neglected, almost to the point where it's criminal. Once you get over the over-the-top silliness, its true charm comes out.

As for Anime Movies:

>A Silent Voice
This is my favorite Anime movie. One of the best stories, and some of the most complex and deep characters I've ever seen. I haven't seen an Anime movie that makes me care more deeply for ALL of the characters as much as this movie has, all in a few hours time. If you haven't seen this movie, watch it.

>Redline
A cruel final call of passion for a studio which by completing this movie (took them 7 years) it officially bankrupt them. Characters are cliche, and there isn't really a story, but its world building and action is just such a mood to experience. Highly suggest it.

Attached: silentvoice.jpg (800x450, 37K)

Visionaries

Noragami. Not so much underrated as not as well known as it should be

One of my favs just a shame it went for 2 seasons

The best

Good Shit

This fucks

If you want to blow some time Legend of the Galactic Hero. Also I enjoy Claymore

not to sound like a fag but silent voice honestly was pretty good, had me tearing up at the end, not going to spoil unless any other anons wanna watch it

Jormungand
Desert Punk
Hellsing Ultimate, even if it is normie tier
Mardock Scramble
Welcome to the NHK

Also, that one about the computer programmer who befriends a young girl and constantly has to defend himself against accusations of pedophilia kek. I can’t remember the name, but it was funny as fuck

SAO Abridged

I know people give it a hard time because of its content, but A Silent Voice approached the theme like actual adults. It's weird seeing a movie where everyone can be considered "bad," yet at the same time nobody is. Like I can't explain it, and I've watched it four times already. Probably why it's caught my eye.

As a stand alone story and movie, anime or otherwise, A Silent Voice stands on its own as high quality. And the music is done masterfully

If i can get you to read anything today by god read shigurui or baki

Attached: DaOGlc9VAAU3oLU.jpg (728x1065, 206K)

Chobits?

More shigy

Attached: shigurui-1141589.jpg (800x1143, 172K)

Kek no. Why are you putting me on the spot and making me admit I watched chobits, man? that’s not cool

“Battle programmer Shirase” was the title, I think.

Bbrruuhhh you're the best shigurui is one of my favorite animes. I haven't read the manga is it worth it??? I want too know what happens between gennosuke and irako at senpou courtyard

Fuuuuuuck yeah it's worth it i think mangarock has it all read it now.

welcome to the nhk is pretty accurate to most fags on this site

Attached: 1569901238280.jpg (225x225, 11K)

definitely "baccano!" dont bother with drrr its a pile of dog shit

Attached: 1474592461188.png (772x576, 358K)

Thank you user fair tidings my friend. Farewell

Attached: 1575497891104m.jpg (575x1024, 51K)

I’m glad someone agrees

Attached: ADD4C57B-80AF-4685-9DA6-B934DB4A4566.jpg (1334x1222, 291K)

I'm waiting for season three probably one of the best seasonals imo

Space Dandy especially if you have access to acid or shrooms me and a buddy watched both seasons beginning to end on acid it was an experience

"Another"

Attached: 010.jpg (2963x4215, 1.28M)

“Blood blockade battlefront” the soundtrack is on the same level as cowboy bebop

Claymore isn't talked about much. I think it was neat.

And Lupin the 3rd. It was pretty popular back in the day, but it's kinda faded from discussion. Worth a watch.

Attached: 1564030645127.jpg (1080x803, 124K)

This show is the reason I hate umbrellas.

this show kinda dookey

Gunsmith cats

Kinda underrated but not really, attack on titan. Legit one fo the best pieces of fiction I've ever watched.

>Kakegurui is a show that is unrealistic with terrible odds which forces the mc to win off the bat. No great odds.

Kaji Ultimate Survivor is a different story were the odds actually effect him

Clannad is a nice anime and the second season (Clannad After Story) will make you tear up

>Midori
>perfect blue
>barefoot gen
>ranma 1/2
>grave of the fireflies

>underrated
>grave of the fireflies

Attached: 1499900106804.gif (320x200, 561K)

(OP)
>Michiko to Hatchin
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
>Wicked City
>Neo Tokyo
>Robot Carnival
>Baccano

anime is for fucking losers

Just watched flip flappers and thought it was great.

checked
on the last episode of the BL ova but it's pretty much my favourite instantly, 2 seasons is damn short though

>>Neo Tokyo
youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60

Spoiler
>he turns into the bad guy

I liked Ergo proxy quite a bit. It took some weird turns but on the whole I thought it was dope

I dont care what any user says I'm gonna save you, gaysuke

Castle of Cagliostro is pretty underrated for a miyazaki flick, secret of mamo isn't far behind.

Make sure you check out the Dub version even if you are a big sub guy. The dub is like twice as funny.

Evangelion its a mindfuck

Spoiler, he never pretended to be the good guy. He was the guy who would do any fucking down and dirty deed to survive.

Its a masterpiece

Anyone have thoughts on GTO Great Teacher Onizuka?

Attached: 427663c5467a47bba8920b42b0d914601421362319_main.jpg (1064x1596, 323K)

See if you can find a show called Planets, About a corporate division that cleans up space debris in earth orbit. I haven't seen it streaming anywhere but it is one of my all time favorites.

loved it

>Also I enjoy Claymore
Totally botched ending though. That's what happens when the anime ends and the manga is like halfway done.

10/10

Good Shit

DAKARA LONELY, LONELY
SETSUNAKUTE

Can confirm legendary.