As the United States raced against Russia to put a man in space...

As the United States raced against Russia to put a man in space, NASA found untapped talent in a group of African-American female mathematicians that served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in U.S. history. Based on the unbelievably true life stories of three of these women, known as "human computers", we follow these women as they quickly rose the ranks of NASA alongside many of history's greatest minds specifically tasked with calculating the momentous launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, and guaranteeing his safe return. Dorothy Vaughan, Mary Jackson, and Katherine Johnson crossed all gender, race, and professional lines while their brilliance and desire to dream big, beyond anything ever accomplished before by the human race, firmly cemented them in U.S. history as true American heroes.

>As the United States raced against Russia to put a man in space
This part sounds true.

WE WUZ SCIENTISTS N SHIET

is that an official blurb? appallingly bad writing.

Yep.

None of those sentences makes any sense.

Never mind "unbelievably true life stories" whatever that is. If it a story is unbelievable then why are you asking me to believe it?

I also don't believe that 'many' of history's greatest minds were (a) American (b) alive in the 20th century (c) worked for NASA and (d) were specifically involved in putting John Glenn into space. That sounds improbable to me but its just my opinion.

I guess this is what happens when you let Millennial 'social media marketer' types write copy but I'm surprised nobody at 20th century fox stopped it.

itt dickless mouthbreathers threatened by a legit genius black woman and her NASA buds

go back to Sup Forums underachievers

Woah, check out Mr. Sensitive over here

>If it a story is unbelievable then why are you asking me to believe it?
Because it's true?

What's the real truth behind this obvious propaganda? Did they just work with NASA and cucks blew them out of proportion for the sake of the film?

Why are blacks so fat.

>a group of African-American female
>known as "human computers"

>you will NEVER have sex with qt of the century Janelle Monae
Murder me now

Reminder that /ourniggeratthemovies/ based Armond White likes this.

This is now a Janelle thread

Something cannot be 'unbelievably true', its a contradiction in terms.

It's just a figure of speech, if an odd one. You people are idiots.

gross

Autism in its raw form. Impressive.

Very rude

It isn't a figure of speech, its just plain old illiteracy.
As is "quickly rose the ranks" for that matter.
Read the second sentence out loud and then tell me what you think it means.
Communication matters yo.

It isn't autism. It is far more worrying that you think things like this don't matter.

Why do african-americans claim the achievements of mixed race people?

Please do not post such hurtful things, user.

pretty much all african-americans are mixed, thought not as much as her.

You're right. Figures of speech can topple down dynasties.

I know it, but they tend to be 20% white or less, and even so they claim the achievements of people who are 50% white or more.

One drop rule.

apologise

>black people aren't really black

Here we fucking go.

WE

WUZ

The creator of the Harry Potter copypasta is a professional blurb writer?

NASA

same reason Sup Forums calls obama a nigger

>If a story is unbelievable then why are you asking me to believe it?
That phrase is supposed to evoke some sort of "whoa it actually happened!" response in your head. It is manipulation but it's not contradictory.

N

I wish I was dominated by legit genius black woman and her NASA buds

Just not the ugly ones from the movie

SHIEEEEEEEEEEET

Black people are black, but people who are half white or more than half white definitely are not black.

They did some basic math with the help of a slide rule, and there were other black employees before them. The actual events were historically irrelevant in every way imaginable.

>but people who are half white
May also be half black. They're still black.

The one drop rule was created by progressives and was only relevant for a couple decades.

Half black, not black and half white, not white.