What the heck is this red spot on the base of my shaft/beginning of my scrotum. Wasnt there this morning...

What the heck is this red spot on the base of my shaft/beginning of my scrotum. Wasnt there this morning. It looks wet but it isnt. Its just shiny and red. Its a little itchy too? It looks like jock itch but ive never had that in a spot like this. I also had an std check recently and was clean.

Attached: 20191204_233201.jpg (2116x1607, 1.71M)

That shit looks like herpes. Put tea tree oil on it after a shower and drying off properly and don’t touch it.

This

It aint herpes. Like i said, i literally just had an std checkup like a week ago.

ingrown hair user. leave it alone and keep it clean

hey OP. Not sure where you had your std check at, but if you did it at planned parenthood, they don’t draw blood and screen for herpes. They do check your blood for HIV there, but herpes isn’t one of their common testing proceedings for everyone.

l suggest having bloodwork done if you’re young enough to still be on your parents insurance, or have your own.

That shit lies dormant for years. Regardless, tea tree oil will kill any infections that may be there and help it heal

Medfag here. Upon close examination it looks like ur gay

Most places don't screen for herpes in general. Just having anti-bodies is not enough to say it's herpes. It could be anything like psoriasis, etc.

STD check doesn’t work for herpes you dolt

This is very, extremely true

Looks like you been scratching it user.

It was at my primary care doctor and im on my parents insurance still. I had a physical examination and all the bloodwork done

Good point. I’m sure we find common ground on recommending OP getting a thorough std screening if he hasn’t already. This is going to require drawing blood.

Swab of the lesion is the only true way.
If this is a first lesion go see a doc tomorrow and get it swabbed and tested. Waiting longer will have your immune system fight it off and swab tests wouldn't be able to tell.

I got my bloodwork done. I do have family members with psoriasis so im hoping its something skin related like that and not something that the doctor had missed

Also, swabbing the lesion very soon. Only way to tell.

lm optimistic for you then man. maybe dry skin from shaving or something.

Looks like syphilis not going to lie. The only reason why free clinics dont check for herps because mostly everyone has it.

If you had anything like swelling of the joints in the past, etc., then it's likely something related to psoriasis. See the doc tomorrow, get it swabbed, then if negative you might be recommended to a dermatologist. I have psoriasis and an overactive immune system in general, when it popped up on my dick I was scared to shit it was herpes.

Physical exams usually check for syphilis.

That’s quite the assumption. Even if a majority of people had it, you honestly think they don’t screen for it out of a mixture of the facts of actually having trained staff who actually know how to draw blood and run it? There’s more to it than saying they don’t test for herpes because everyone has it - it’s rather contradictory of why they’re in business. lf you asked me, l think it’s ridiculous they don’t screen for it. Analysis of the typical person going to these, ‘free clinics’ reveals how it wouldn’t be cost effective to draw and analyze blood beyond the simple hiv test they do that only takes a little while to get results back on.

The presence of anti-bodies is not proof you have herpes. Another thing they don't test for is HPV, women were given a vaccine for a good amount of HPV strains but males were not given it for several years. Back then it was said that by age 27 you are likely to have already been exposed so insurances stop coverage of the vaccine after that age.

It could just be eczema, I have an eczema spot on my balls that flares up from things like lotion, and it is highly unlikely to be an STD since I'm a virgin.

I know you’re educated on this so lm going to quit suggesting the blood work. OP has already mentioned everything’s come back clean and the photo doesn’t look like an outbreak in my opinion. l was suggesting the blood work from the perspective of a majority of folks getting tested at free clinics where they only test for a handful of surface level STDs.

It becomes a question of cost and what insurances want to cover really. A decade or so every testing facility tested for herpes, that's not the case anymore.

Looks like they're starting to hatch. Should all have crawled away in a week or so.

This is dumb advice. Try and cut it off with a pair of nail clippers, OP.

it's a syphilis lesion

herpes simplex II

that's the beginning of an ulcer.

Leprosy... got to amputate before it spreads