This movie is garbage

This movie is garbage.

Don't take the bait.

0/10

i watched it a few nights ago for 6.99 on amazon video.

it was actually pretty fucking good. it was average and enjoyable on the acting, plot etcetera. but if you like cosmic horror it'll be good enough for you. the practical effects were fucking 9/10, however, and really gratifying.

over all, i gave it a 7/10. it's a fine movie.

meh/10

this movie pays no attention whatsoever to the pressing need to reverse gender role oppression, or raise awareness of genderfluid otherkin, or even to acknowledge the white guilt our society bears for systemic oppression of coloreds and minorities. in fact, it never even mentions how terrible the holocaust was.

triggered/ten. i was literally shaking when this movie was over. maybe that's what they meant by cosmic horror? because i had to eat a whole box of cosmic brownies, i was so horrified by the insensitivity of The Void.

>reddit tries to fit in

>newfag overplays his hand with a booby trapped meme

never gets old

80s kids will appreciate it

im a 95's kid and i loved it

i was born in 89 and loved it.

what was up with the twp types of monster, is one supposed to be an eldritch and the other an undying elder?

you mean the doctor and the rest or the doctors daughter and the rest?

Its always sad to see a misguided filmmaker devote their time to the listless world of indie horror.

this was cosmic horror, not indie horror. and honestly it was pretty well directed.

>cosmic horror

random cuts of space imagery equals cosmic horror?

you clearly didn't catch the subtle timing of such things, and you clearly didn't understand why the people were mutating. seems this movie, which was not very deep, went over your head. maybe you should watch simpler fare.

>i watched it a few nights ago for 6.99 on amazon video.
>For 6.99
>6.99

The nurse monster which died by multiple axe wounds and then the daughter monster that couldnt be killed, even after taking a shotgun blast to the head.

how could you not see that it would be garbage? especially with a movie poster like that

i'm a girl :D

those were two different kinds of monsters.

the nurse caught a glimpse of some kind of madness beyond time and space that she couldn't handle. she went insane and murdered gookies boy friend. when the cop shot her, she died, and in death, that lurking madness lived in her flesh.

remember, living flesh is a PORTAL.

the daughter monster was something actually summoned through the spawning of life from 'the other side'. in fact it may have been his daughter... but his daughter exposed to the nether limits of the universe, where things older than god scratch the walls in darkness, in the space between reality and nothing. that thing was corrupted in its very conception.

so, in all likelihood, the daughter was some sort of eldricht abomination that would have had it's own name in the cursed texts of the mad arab, abdul alhazred, which the lunatic doctor had dared to read.

but it was in no way shape or form anything remotely resembling an undying eldar being.

if something like that was doing something on earth no one would survive with their sanity. no one. and they'd probably be consumed such that their souls were twisted for eternity.

this whole event was the result of a single doctor making a single faint note on a chime that some eldar being heard from a great distance and barely noted, and the eldar being approved. like a single pin prick in a parachute, this is the tiny horror that seeped through when a human dared meddle in things we are better off knowing nothing of.

how was it garbage? i rather liked it.

how is that a bad price?

goddamn, that's horrifying. Any other movies that tackle this kind of cosmic horror?

hellboy, cabin in the woods, the mist.

the mouth of madness is a similar concept. someone punches a hole in the boat of sanity on earth, and everything just starts... going wrong...

cabin in the woods is good, imagine the government operating vast conspiracies designed to ameliorate the ancient and terrible gods.

event horizon is one. they make some strange warp device, and... it doesn't work as expected. in fact it brings humanities existence to the attention of a realm we could call hell.

cool thanks user, downloading mouth of madness now.

So what was that place they got transported to at the end? Also im pretty sure that Doctor is still around some where, all he did was push him through portal, in fact he probably got more powerful being in that place.

that's where you go when you crash into the retaining wall trying to turn off at the afterlife exit. honestly i think they just wound up in some kind of service basement for the afterlife.

i was kinda confused why tackling the doctor through the triangular portal, which i understood was the breach to another realm in a similar way human flesh was a portal as the doctor was learning, why did that end the movie?

i thought the doctor was planning on going through it to begin with. but maybe he wanted to stay on earth and spread the madness, so that no one ever died again. imagine everyone on earth being undeadunalive tentacle things. what the fuck would we even do.

Is it necessary for you to talk like a faggot because there's a theme of cosmic horror involved

lol

read a book nigger

Just something to think about baby boy

Nah he's right. You talk like you have autism. calm down its just a movie. I found myself cringing at parts of your post

>what the fuck would we even do
Kill them with fire!

>someone punches a hole in the boat of sanity on earth
Wut

>calls me a faggot

>and then calls me baby boy

whose the faggot, again?

you're insecure, that's all.

>In the tunnels of that twisted wood, whose low prodigious oaks twine groping boughs and shine dim with the phosphorescence of strange fungi, dwell the furtive and secretive zoogs; who know many obscure secrets of the dream-world and a few of the waking world, since the wood at two places touches the lands of men, though it would be disastrous to say where. Certain unexplained rumours, events, and vanishments occur among men where the zoogs have access, and it is well that they cannot travel far outside the world of dream. But over the nearer parts of the dream-world they pass freely, flitting small and brown and unseen and bearing back piquant tales to beguile the hours around their hearths in the forest they love. Most of them live in burrows, but some inhabit the trunks of the great trees; and although they live mostly on fungi it is muttered that they have also a slight taste for meat, either physical or spiritual, for certainly many dreamers have entered that wood who have not come out. Carter, however, had no fear; for he was an old dreamer and had learnt their fluttering language and made many a treaty with them; having found through their help the splendid city of Celephaïs in Ooth-Nargai beyond the Tanarian Hills, where reigns half the year the great King Kuranes, a man he had known by another name in life. Kuranes was the one soul who had been to the star-gulfs and returned free from madness.

but it would be all of us. we'd all be tentacle things. there'd be no one left untouched by the creeping chaos.

what if we started to like it? what would we spend our time doing? would we just shamble around the earth in horror until the sun exploded and put an end to our suffering?

the water is insanity

there's a lot more insanity than there is boat.

Insecure about what? You're being laughed at. Nothing to envy or get angry about my man. Cheers lmao

what was the deal with the pyramids, were they the old ones or their space ships ? maybe its like elder god apartment complex.

I've found that if I see a post on here saying a movie is shit I have about an 90%chance of enjoying it.

>laughing at people because they've read a book before

i suspect they were some kind of utility. like a hot water heater or a gas furnace that would be in your basement. probably served some kind of purpose for ancient beings that would break our entire conception of reality if we understood what they were for. probably the human mind can't comprehend it. and maybe that's a good thing.

I'm laughing at you cause you're writing a whole thesis

it's nice being literate.

It's also nice not having autism

you've been conditioned to respond to any sort of human capacity in others with mockery and saying things like 'autism!' 'gay!'. this will serve you well as you grow older and the sense of lack increases until you're 40 and fuck over your retirement for a sports car.

if i was like you, emotionally at least, i'd be mocking you for talking like you're roughly as smart as a monkey. but looking down on you didn't occur to me.

because i just don't look down.

it's beneath me, so to speak.

same

I really liked it, sorry homdog.

I remember you! It's still a shit movie, faggot!

It was actually surprisingly "white" for a movie made in Canada with all Canadian actors.

Show us your clam

oh shit, this was a leaf flick????? i'm going to have to integrate that. because now i'm ACTUALLY impressed there was no cancer in it, instead of just joking around.

if it was a shit movie why do so many people enjoy it?

10/10 kino, and this ranking is logarithmic so it's 100 times better than a 10/10 movie, 1000 times better than a 10/10 flick, 10000 times better than a 10/10 joint, and 100000 times better than a jam

the scene in the basement with the abominations that the doctor won't let die was kino, at least.

His post was fine. More often than not posters like you who have issues with verbosity are insecure about something, or plain dumb.

This movie had a fantastic setting, but story and writing done by a first year film major with mental disabilities.

Wasted potentional kino

it was average in a lot of ways, but not "bad".

i do agree that there was wasted potential. they could have made this two and a half hours long, and included more otherworldly shit and more exposition on the origins of the cult that could have made several points in the hospital more ominous through prefiguring and foreshadowing.

they may have just ran out of fucking money.

Epic meme, friend. I bet you thought Metro Vancouver was all of Canada, huh?

Too bad Canada is 80% white while the US is 60%.

>they may have just ran out of fucking money.

Seems more like they ran out of fucking common sense.

The plot and pacing is fucking epileptic with how it jumps all over the place to the point where you can't even remember characters' names or who was in what scene and when.

The story can barely take place because they have to jump cut to a different scene during every piece of exposition.

"80% white" can be 1000 white people.

america is the #1 repository of white people, the ONLY repository of white people with guns and dicks, and the simple fact is that most american land is 95%+ white. so-cal, so-tex, and cities are something like 90% nigger and spic, and the 10% white people there are wealthy as fuck and live in gated communities.

i didn't think so.

stick to comic book movies

>2deep5u

k

This is like when Prometheus bombed and shills rushed in to defend it endlessly.

Prometheus wasn't that bad either. muh ancient aliens. i liked the void a lot better. i think they both have potential for continuing storymovies.

If alien: covenant is any indication people are desperate to pretend prometheus never happened.

This movie will probably go the same route considering they both suffer from the "great setting, horrible writing" problem.

i don't think the writing was bad, just average, only it seems worse because of what could have been.

either way i'm not saying either were amazing. just enjoyable and decent. the visual effects in void were top notch though.

t. jerk who doesn't understand that what they pulled off for just $80.000 was pure kino

fucking 80,000?

only 11,500 people have to pay to see this to break even. holy shit. most movies couldn't do catering on 80k.

>but it would be all of us.

i thought it was just people who read the book or saw the movie transformed? The rest were killed by the transformers, except for the main character who was either written to survive or knew how to ward them all with all the doodles in his cell

>For just $80,000.

Don't be purposefully misleading.

They RAISED $80,000 from Indie gogo.
But have yet to disclose a budget, which is very telling.

oh i was just imagining what if it really went all the way. 100% failure. all humans are horrors now.

if i'm not mistaken, basically sutter cane's madness was reaching a critical mass where it'd rapidly spread to everyone forever. but the hero saved the day.

i just wonder what earth would be like if no hero saved the day in 'the void'.

would the navy seals n shit be enough to shut down the breach once it reached town level before they realized what was happening?

I heard it was $1M total and the $80k was for additional creatures. Still, if this was done by a conventional production company it would be $120M at least

Eh, I thought it was pretty good. Not In the Mouth of Madness-tier, but alright. A solid 7/10. Though I'm biased since I like the theme. Would've been better if it had a bad end.

Its getting more hate than it deserves though, by people who don't understand where the movie is coming from. It's clearly lovecraftian through and through, complete with characters who don't matter (lovecraft barely even has named characters outside of herbert west) and extremely powerful antagonists whose goals aren't to kill you but to get you to do their bidding for them.

More annoying are the people who straight-up have to much ADHD to pay fucking attention to the film enough to notice basic shit like the mute guy pointing to his wounded throat to indicate why he's mute. "Why does that one guy not talk? It's never explained!" C'mon dude, not every movie needs to have all the characters stopping everything they're doing to directly face the camera and exposition dump in your face, or have them explicitly narrate everything they're doing.

I was too dumb to notice a couple of things myself, though. Like, what started the whole thing in the first place? I get that the two guys' family got fucked by the cultists somehow and the older guy surprised them by coming home, leading to whatever adventure him and his buddy were on when the movie started, but how did that happen?

They were obviously really careful up to that point, having gotten away with huge amounts of murders. Why would they be killing people in their homes instead of in the hospital? And what exactly was the timeline with the druggie? He suggests that he just got nabbed by the cultists after some chick lured him in with the promise of drugs, but we see a polaroid picture of him in the hospital clearly suggesting that he's been with them for a long time. And why would they let him out of the hospital and bring him with them to other families' houses?

It is a bit odd. They are milking this thing about doing such amazing things on a shoestring budget, but won't actually release the budget. I'd wager, even with hack practical effects would be several million at the very least.

This movie's only claim to fame right now is being """"low budget 80s horror""""" and I'm really starting to wonder.

>would the navy seals n shit be enough to shut down the breach once it reached town level before they realized what was happening?

If it was truly lovecraftian, that's probably what would happen. The world would ALMOST end, with the potentially world-ending threat not being defeated by the hero but then the army comes in to destroy it after the main character's story is over. But then the main character will reveal that their efforts were for naught as he knows the horror is still there, waiting for its next opportunity to attempt to rise and destroy the world, when the stars are aligned.

Then sometimes he reveals he was the horror all along.

i want to see a movie about THAT. the black ops military agency / Special Containment Procedure foundation / XCOM that has to deal with it when this shit happens, and monitor for events of extinction level threat like this.

may I introduce you to the transformers cinematic universe. but seriously folks that would be a good angle although it would be difficult to make without falling into the same tropes of other "military vs big enemy" movies.

you would make it light hearted in tone, to contrast the darkness that can't be fully conveyed in a movie.

the main characters would be some sort of administrators who casually talk shit while watching 500 black ops soldiers get chewed up and spit out by retardedly malignant evils.

i used to read like, every single SCP and extended universe thing on scp.wiki. Dr bright and Dr Clef would make amazing protagonists. think cabin in the woods, people casually administrating to these kinds of horrors and just... doing their job, really.

maybe starship trooper esque in just tons of extras getting mowed down.

that does sound pretty cool indeed

I'd take it in a different direction. Going your route would be difficult to differentiate the movie from Cabin the Woods. You take a serious approach to the film. Have some eyewitnesses from the first encounter be interviewed by the military, but most of them are insane now. The military has an idea of how to stop the monster, besides nukes. Every military encounter goes horrifically wrong, there's friendly fire, troops are led into what are essentially traps. But it turns out that the monster has infected the minds of several military officials, even the guys at the top, because the insanity and mental control is contagious. Then the fighting goes from on the "battlefield" to inside the command center and pentagon etc. Just before the end of the film it's revealed that the monster is nowhere to be found. It seems to have left the planet/dimension because its work is already done - the entire world is insane and in chaos.

>history never discovers what actually happened and just has to refer to it as 'the event'

>movie ends with the good guys not having won and whether or not humanity survives is completely ambiguous

nice touch

>"i was only pretending to be reddit"

never gets old

how do you even know what reddit is? you must have spent time there and are trying to throw off the trail of suspicion by accusing others.

>things just happen

best kind of movie

5/10 at best, prove me wrong.

>prove me wrong

it's 6.5/10 at worst

consider yourself

disproven

>disproven
I SAID PROVE

desu i could tolerate another cabin in the woods

disproving you is ergo cogito sum disproving me non qua sine.

therefore, you, are, finished.

Seeing as how you didn't PROVE me wrong, it's time to end you boy.

disproving you IS proving you wrong, brainlet.

now get on your knees. we're going to play a little game.

>disproving you IS proving you wrong

Should have know I was dealing with a hick. Listen to me boy, you NEED to PROVE me wrong, you hear me boy?

4/10.

YOU ARE NOT ONLY DISPROVEN

YOUR CLAIMS THAT YOU NEED TO BE PROVEN WRONG SEPARATELY FROM YOUR RIGHTNESS BEING DISPROVEN HAS BEEN DISPROVEN

YOU HAVE BEEN UTTERLY DISPROVEN

YOU MAY HAVE NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING

YOU MAY ACTUALLY NO LONGER EVEN EXIST

same, but it should be made by the original CitW people. a direct sequel.

Im watching it right now

I fell asleep watching it, woke up 10 minutes before it ended and then turned it off.

It was like a parody that's how bad the acting was, don't fall for the bait.

welp
that was................. weird

7/10

itt: reddit

begone pleb

It's 6.99 more than I paid.

What was weird about it?

It was like the most traditional horror movie I've ever seen.

Must not watch many movies. I couldn't even separate the movie from an average episode of Black Mirror.

>This movie had a fantastic setting

yeah, zombies in a hospital has never been done before

no, that was a typo, the total budget was $80. and it showed.