Wait, you actually prefer the British iteration of The Office?

Wait, you actually prefer the British iteration of The Office?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j1qtsLfZWWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No but I like to say I do on Sup Forums so people think I am cool

I prefer British humour to American humour, but I can't stand Gervais, so the US version wins by default.

are there two different versions of british office? i could have sworn I say one that unknown actors then I saw one with that atheist fat faggot.

the only British comedy I enjoy is Inbetweeners

>lumping british comedies together
>lumping american comedies together
>calling them distinct

this is one of the dumber patterns of thought out there desu

>there isn't a distinct difference between European and American humour

sure.

British one is better. I can't get into any American comedies apart from Community and even then I've never found it hilarious.

Britfags enjoy getting depressed during "comedies."

if you are lazy and hate nuance, then yeah, go ahead and enjoy that generalization. The Office and Monty Python rely on completely different forms of humor, as do Arrested Development and Married with Children

Are you seriously autistic?

I didn't say one is better than the other. I say I usually prefer one over the other, but even then I admitted I preferred against the usual on the office.

Of fucking course it's a generalisation, are you seriously this pedantic?

you actually prefer Erin over Pammy?

Go away jenna

The Americanized version represents a complete misunderstanding of the subject matter. They took the setting and the fly-on-the-wall gimmick and thought that's what the show was all about. The original is far superior.

I like them both equally

>Wait, you actually prefer rubbish over garbage.

The UK office is the kind of "cringe" comedy popular with millenials. The US office is a character driven sitcom.

Thing is when the American version tried copying everything that made the British version so good, it sucked. When it became its own thing, it improved.

>attempting to use the word "iteration" without knowing what it means

Without stakes, nothing is really that funny, just mildly amusing like US sitcomes are.
What happened to the Beckettian horror of pic related when it crossed the channel is a case in point.

>"Cringe" comedy popular with millennials.
You literally can't process what its about can you?
>The TV man made me feel bad mommy.

oh please, anyone who uses the term "Beckettian horror" doesn't know anything about comedy. basically you gotta have a doofus who everybody likes to laugh at and then a cool guy - maybe a little bit dorky but not too dorky - who looks at the camera when the doofus does doofy things. actually both ITERATIONS (permutations if you will) of Das Office had these characteristics. Neither one was remotely sophisticated.

Hate the term "cringe" Even Gervais and Merchant said they never intended their stuff to be cringeworthy and that it's funny because people can relate to the characters.

Yep, Ricky said Brent is based on his old boss for example.

Patrick Stewart's and Liam Neeson's appearances in Extras and Life's Too Short respectively were funnier than any performance that hack Gervais has himself given.

>liking either Office
Both are complete shit for different reasons.
Kill yourselves.

It's clear from the XFM shows, Hello Ladies, Derek and the David Brent movie that Merchant is the funnier and better writer of the two. But saying that even Merchant on his own isn't that good. Wish they'd work together again.

people who prefer the British version over the American version are what you call "reddit"

Bullshit. There's heeelarious JimPamDwight (Jim likes to prank Dwight! Pam gets wet when Jim does so!) screenshots on the reddit front page every now and then, never seen any from the BBC show.

The German version is the best. Shame no one understands it.

yes. the british version is more real to life, the american version is much more cartoonish. they are both great shows, but the american office drags on too long, especially after steve carrell left.

Brit The Office "Top 25 Funniest Lines"

youtu.be/j1qtsLfZWWQ