Where they the best team in the world in 2000?

Where they the best team in the world in 2000?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GsxjHe07LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FkWSUo1Gp08
youtube.com/watch?v=KokMCTvYk6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

quite literally and unironically who

>bulgaria
youtube.com/watch?v=3GsxjHe07LQ

>brazil

No

No, he just could fix them

Yes
All the we don't care nonsense is just beta virgin a/sp/ie asshurt
That entire real Madrid team was playing their hearts out wanting to win
Still remember hierro, r Carlos and the rest seething

Fluking a one match supercup doesn't make you the best team in the world

They won that final vs Real Madrid and then another final vs Milan in 2003, thus placing themselves as one of the clubs with more international titles, only after Real Madrid.
So I'm gonna say yes... they're far from being a one season wonder that got a lucky cup. They absolutetly bossed southamerican football during the 2000s AND they ratified that dominance in the intercontinental cups vs the two top European clubs in those years respectively (who weren't exactly playing with their B team either).

t. Ri/b/er

Ahhhh, I see the SEETHING RiBer fan has joined us!

>fluking one final in the supercup
>fluking a libertadores final
>fluking a champions league final
>fluking a WC final

They had to play more games to get there

>Winning a tournament that defines who is the best, doesn't make you the best

No seas gil

> everyone who disagrees with me has to be a River fan

Oy vey, I guess Leganes is the best team in Europe now.

>Sao Paulo is on the list
>don't put Al-Ahly
biased graphic (yes I know the text is a the bottom, but the hue titlelet doesn't deserve to be on the list)

>only after Real Madrid
>pic clearly says Al-Ahly is second

sos alto salame entonces, los de riber por lo menos tienen excusa

I miss Riquelme badly, lads

I'm a Boca fan, I rate the actual competitions like Libertadores, I'm sorry if I not delude myself into thinking that the Intercontinental ever meant something

Of course. South Americans used to have the best teams in the world until the 90s when it got even and that Boca was basically the last one of those even teams, after that europe got more money and now they have all our stars.

The only people that think european football is the only good football in the world are 15 year old bandwagoners that are too young to know what they're talking about.

Alto sala me loco, toda la razon, +1 tigre, pasame tu cuenta así te sigo

This was the best team in 2000

Many European Cup winners refused to play in the intercontinental cup the year after, that's how little the trophy mattered. Happened about 10 times. There were many incidents where the south American teams would just play violently against their European counterparts because of lack of proper education and hygiene

Pussies

b-b-but they develop our talent!!!! if it wasn't for europe they would NEVER become good! you should thank them!!!!!
>buy 13-20 year old prodigy
>wait until he reaches his peak at 24-30
>goly shit bois look how gud we are at developing talent! best football in the world

utter whore shit. ac milan of late eighties and early nineties, bayern munchen of mid seventies, ajax of early seventies real madrid before that

he has a point

wew lad

> ac milan of late eighties and early nineties,
Lost to Spfc
>inb4 t-they didnt care
youtube.com/watch?v=FkWSUo1Gp08
Btw you are just a romanian gypsy, you don't actually have a word in this discussion

>Africa

>african football
>matering

why the fuck do i see larry david posted on this board every fucking day

nah Im dutch.
>cherry pick meme match
fuck off irrelevant monkey boy, what even is an spfc

>i am dutch
Even worse.
Talk to me when your muslim shithole at least reach a WC final.

why do teams always pose like this?

Ah yes, the argentinian Donovan.

We reached a final more recent than you (and a literal dwarf cucked you in the quarter finals) How about you talk to me when you don't get raped in front of the world in your own country. Obrigado

underrated

>Anelka
Get the fuck out

>players play with passion
>waah why are they so manly and violent?

This is why you guys are losing the cultural war.

No

>encouraging chimp behavior
Never change, Urgay

>t.

do you make a thread just to post that one video?

soccer team pictures are so fucking stupid
just take a knee so you won't embarrass yourself

this, aguante el futbol latinoamericano

Just stop being poor then lol

>everyone who disagrees with me is a River fan
t. retard in denial
>muh murderball is manly
Kill yourself, my man. You too, you overly nostalgic turd.

Also, what kind of fucking "Intercontinental Cup" only has two teams? The fact that it only had two made it a mickey mouse cup, like many super cups around the world. The Club World Cup is more prestigious, and surprise, Europe is dominating it now.

>t. retard in denial
Yes. Yes you are.
Let alone Boca's dominance at regional level, when the time came for deciding who was better between the top European/Southamerican clubs, Boca won. Twice. Period. Everything else is an excuse from people who wishes his club would've won the title, but didn't, and/or was probably nowhere near even playing it.

>The Club World Cup is more prestigious

>95% of the Final games are between UEFA/CONMEBOL teams anyway.
Ahhhh, those pity invites from AFC, CAF, CONCACAF and OFC surely gave the Cup its much needed prestige!!!

How did Bayern Munchen beat Boca back then?

São Paulo fc supporters : 25 million
Rumania pop : 19 million
SPFC is literallt bigger than your gypsy slum

>Bolivia XI
>the best team in the world
lmao

what the fuck? anelka is one the most talented strikers i've ever seen

In the 1990s Argie clubs were loaded.
I remember River buying Ortega from Parma, and Delgado from Racing to Boca, both in 2000. At the time they were the two most expensive transfers in football history.

meme game

>that roberto carlos goal
>literally PES goal

t. envidious riBer

being champion of the world beats the shit out being the "best team" tho

never won a FIFA title, only African titles

Europeans don't care about the Intercontinental Cup / Club World Cup

They declined to play most of the time, or fielded their B/C-team, and yet have a winning record against South America, that tells you everything you need to know about this shitty cup

South American football is vastly inferior to European football, that's why Europeans have won the last 3 World Cups, and will continue to dominate

Ah yes, Riquelme meme... The legend of Villareal. The owner of one lucky trick. The bane of speed.

Riquelme is better than every croatian ever tho.
Hell, even palermo is better than all you slavs

W-Where is River?

>RiBer
FTFY

Go to sleep, Santiago.

are south american povertyball games just 22 guys rolling on the ground pretending to be hurt for 90 minutes? asking for a friend.

No. youtube.com/watch?v=KokMCTvYk6E

European soyboys always complain South Americans play too "physical" and "aggressive".

Riquelme is poor man's Robert Prosinecki

i remember pre 9/11
brazil lost to france and i was fucking devastated.
got so mad i watched the 2nd mortal kombat movie because they took at least a year to be put on PPV but my grandma had a black box and then I played turok and quake in the n64.

nevar forget

He was goat when he was 19yo, the age 21 he was shit.
Not to mention he is a cunt.

Agreed

yeah, we lost to """"""""""""france""""""""""""'

Euros are shit, we produce the best players in their Championship and they still denial that we had better teams in the past, gotta hate those fitlhy muslims.

Just remembered this Boca had three Colombian lads, Cordoba, Bermudez and Serna

Then Vargas and Perea, they were good too.

>Euros are shit
>7-1

We woned against your shit team tho. Is that what eastern europeans do? Because they hardly ever accomplish anything they use their "european" status to compensate that?

We are only 4 milions. If we had 200 milions like you we would have more trophies

>woned

won+owned, narigon.

this damage control

Ortega was underwhelming in Europe and was considered disposable. Please do not embellish his transfer, as much as I liked seeing him dribble, he screwed his own career up numerous times

Your ego is too big, argentnegro, especially for a small baller such as you.

We are three million and we have more than them.
You are just shit.

>muh sekrit club
Anyways, now that Europeans actually care, and South Americans aren't allowed to chimp out there (club World Cup avoids South America like the plague), surprise, Europe wins all the time.

None of what you said refutes my argument. Boca had major refball throughout their "dominance" much like Real Madrid in recent history. You are still desperately attached to your nostalgia for that Boca, it's just sad.

don't project so hard unto strangers

Nobody said anything against Uruguay, just against Brazil. As a football nation, Uruguay is among the GOATs with Iceland

>urugay
>some results in antiquity
u r gay

Is what I said true or not? Wasn't it the most expensive football transfer in history at the time?

It wasn't. You're thinking of Crespo.
Plus, I'm seeing some sites listing Ortega as a "free transfer" to River. Even then, when you consider the adjustment for inflation, it's even less true.