The idea of eternity freaks me the fuck out. It always has, even when I was a little kid and a Christian...

The idea of eternity freaks me the fuck out. It always has, even when I was a little kid and a Christian. If I had a choice between heaven and oblivion, I think I'd take oblivion. I've always thought of it like this:

Imagine a heaven where you can do anything you want whenever you want to. You can learn that new craft you always wanted to try and become a master at it, see all the places you ever wanted to see, meet all the people you wanted to meet, indulge every decadent experience you've ever wanted. And then do it again and again and again until it loses all meaning for billions of years. Then there's still the endless stretch of eternity to go.

Even if heaven lets you get away with really indulging your baser urges. Fuck anyone and anything willingly or not. Go on a consequence free murder spree. Destroy planets like a Dragon Ball Z villain. You'd do that as many times as it took to be boring and just keep going.

Fuck that. Spooks me like crazy. At least in Hell you could see the eternal boredom as part of the punishment.

Attached: 1168061441965.jpg (600x497, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P6KEgf7-1vY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eternalism is retarded

Not so much as christianity though

Heaven never gets boring thats part of the point stupid shit you cant comprehend heaven because your not there yet so shut the fuck up you queer redditor shill

Attached: 52C2AC12-47D3-4238-8E10-7B59B765E097.jpg (1024x557, 111K)

religion is for dumb niggers who can't think for themselves. they literally believe in a floating man in the sky rules the world, not the factual sciences.

Keep trying buddy, one day you'll get it

We all spring into existence out of eternal nothingness. Our lives are short and then we return to eternal nothingness.

But there is no reason to think we will not return again. We've done it once before.

Attached: 1560055043384.jpg (1600x955, 160K)

Attached: unknown.png (735x254, 35K)

FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT .v.v.vFAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT .v.v.vFAGOT FAGOT vFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGFAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT FAGOT

Imagine being black
That would be an eternal punishment

I understand what you mean. I too have had the same feeling that eternity would suck and become boring. It would almost feel like you’re trapped. Eternal nothingness actually sounds less scary and a little more comforting for some reason.

Yeah. How is Heaven never boring? I cannot even comprehend how that would work. I know it's not meant for me to understand, and obviously I'd take Heaven over Hell if the Bible is right about both of those, but still. Like wtf now I'm kinda freaked out too lol

Did you think that wasn’t a joke

Saying “we’ve done it once before” is analogous to saying “maybe the molecules in this soup will align in the exact same way again. They did it before, why not again?” It’s silly. Maybe they will, sure, but what’s the likelihood?

Luckily for you, nobody can prove any sort of afterlife.
As far as you should be concerned, nothing awaits you when you die.

Well the likelihood is almost guaranteed if we are talking about eternity

Yep. 100% guaranteed. Granted I only have a sample size of one. My perspective. So out of one endless eternity, one reality was borne. This is the position I find myself in. In other words: every endless eternity that I have encountered (so far) has produced my entire reality.

Attached: Ogdrazle.jpg (998x999, 195K)

I think youre just as retarded as the christians and eternalists

OP

I'm not some trilby neckbeard atheist. I don't really like hats, and I don't know where I stand religiously. My roommate is into chaos magic and that seems neat. I kinda like the idea of some kind of druid nature worshipping deal cause I like the idea but I'd end up just cobbling together some made up bullshit of my own.

I don't think Christians are dumb, or that wanting heaven is dumb. I mean maybe you can just erase your eternal memory and do everything again for the first time. Maybe it's just blank eternal bliss just being in the presence of god with no context needed like doing stuff that sounds rad as an earthly being.

Just the picture of heaven I had as a kid freaked me out, and eternity seems kind of pointless to me.

Attached: 1201822614452.jpg (600x480, 35K)

Attached: A7681566-1BD1-4E5C-AA38-C45129C4E5CF.jpg (474x252, 18K)

Why would anyone fucking do this, ouch

>FAGOT
Imagine trying to spell faggot 314 times and thinking "yeah, that looks right"

Another response to this is to define what I mean by "we." Obviously the term "we" invludes the concept of "me" and the concept of "you." But I don't believe that you and me are as metaphysically separate as it may feel. There is an underlying will that manifests itself in reality through personas like you and me. So if we tie this back to the concept of eternity we see that even if "we" don't come back to reality again (in our defined personas), the essence of what we fundamentally are will continue to be. Eternal. You and I are manifestations of the eternal. All human brings are brothers and sisters in the eternal.

It's marvelous how you gloss over how often we kill and steal from each other.

This place, universe, whatever you wanna call it, IS eternal and we're just here for it temporarily. Is there really another side?

you're thinking so small. learn math deeply. there is a structure to eternity. a fractal to explore, where nothing is every the same way twice.

Oh look, another retard

It's really not.

Imagine being a lifeform floating through space on a rock.

Objective perception is the same as imagination now?

No wonder this place is going to the shitter.

so i'm taking this PHIL/REL crosslisted course that ends up being "religion vs science". we've written our final papers and mine was about christian science and scientology. both are silly but both deal with human energies. christian science wins there but scientology wins with their radio shack tech as far as being scientific.

anyway, in a group paper discussion, this funny guy that's total surfer dude sorta style, ultra laid back, high pitched voice like so smooth it's like he's on permanent tranquilizers... did his paper on "free will and its acceptance by religions". i've liked, been disappointed by his punctuality and determination to be a student, and tried to let it go but today, i started to nod in agreement as he hit the right points of determinism, the big bang, etc, and finally, i asked him if he had encountered "the readiness potential" when looking into neuroscience. he knew what i was talking about. unfortunately, he often poises his questions to the professor with an attitude that questions religion but here, his answer that there are unconscious parts of the mind that might be in control to cause that. i totally approve of the concept, but his answer shows that his laid back ass wants free will to be true, and ignores that actual neuroscience could see what the unconscious mind was doing and um, that's the whole point of the readiness potential proving free will. i still feel like keeping his as a buddy and asking if he'd like to discuss philosophy--we're both at least getting that major and he was in my early greek philosophy course last semester--and especially, free will.

i don't believe in it. if i shared my very strange story, THIS guy... might believe it.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6KEgf7-1vY

You might have Apeirophobia, I've had it and after a while it just kind of went away. Though when I wake up or fall asleep I sometimes get it as a sudden anxiety attack.

If it makes you feel better, I've mulled over the idea of heaven a lot as a consequence of my phobia and within my 20 something years of existence I've returned to old video games and movies and they've felt new again. If their really are infinite possibilities in heaven then boredom wouldnt exist regardless of time and even if it did something you did 200 years ago would be like experiencing it for the first time.

Boredom comes because you have very limited time so you always have this nagging pressure to do something significant with every moment. Imagine being able to be free from that and be able to slow down the pace whenever you want without that pressure to use time "wisely"

>Determenism
>Humans can not act other than themselves
>Ignoring all people who actually change

Inb4; but that's determined too

Well, who is determining it?

This, we dont even need to discuss religion because this.

>straw men wander in from afar, as user is lost and he brought friends
Sure thing.

What you have described is /not/ heaven. It is probably the highest level of hell, or something like it("Limbo").
Heaven is the highest pleasure, and the highest pleasure involves doing good things(For that is the only sustaining pleasure), and learning new things, and getting better.
Because there are an infinite evergrowing number of things to learn, you must imagine heaven as if you haven't already learned about everything, because you haven't. Take heaven as a place of discovery, as well as pleasure.

Now, also, heaven is not the only place you are to do this in the Christian understanding of things. There also is new-earth, a place quite like this one but without the evil.

>heaven never gets boring that's the point.
>you can't comprehend it
If you can't comprehend it then how do u know it won't get boring? Christianity is just one big fearmongering larp used to control and separate people, and u fell for it. Dumbass

Attached: 1572887550804m.jpg (736x1024, 117K)

Religious people in underdeveloped countries do this to their daughters to keep them from "sinning"

the science determiners are really funny.
essentially, they say that we follow a set of equations. Why? Because that's the set of equations people have found in order to explain how things can act the way we see them act. It goes no distance in things too nuanced for us to have yet found, or in things that we cannot see.

religion is most likely bullshit
time is a human made concept to quantify the evolution of things
you're just a confused dumbfuck
the end

"Can't figure out your problems? Confide in our imaginary paradoxical deity instead! Repent your sins and accept our impossible savior into your heart now, and if you don't you will be cast into an eternal fire because even though god is perfect he gets jelous sometimes." Kek

Fucking retarded

I suggest you look into new age spirituality user astral projection, lucid dreaming, DMT, etc.

Based

>science
>transgender rights
Pick one

Lol, no