What could be the repercussions for staying with someone you no longer love, just because they are happy...

What could be the repercussions for staying with someone you no longer love, just because they are happy. What could be the outcome of my life with this decision? Any advice?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Interesting

you will be unhappy

I did this for 3 years.

In the end she broke up with me and i realised i wasted those 3 years. I also ended up cheating.

Just dont do it. Take my advice.
Better to be happy alone then unhappy in a relationship.

This is my situation too my friend.
I am 42 and married and I no longer know my wife.
She's just not the kind of person I want to be married to anymore.
If my life weren't so fucking easy right now, is leave.
There's not even anyone else, I just don't want to be married anymore.

You will achieve something similar to what monks experience probably. Something transcendent.

What if she's in denial and thinks she is happy with me. Even though I see her miserable. I got a pretty good feeling if I don't end it soon or eventually, I might end up offing myself

If you love someone, you never stop really. You just grow apart.
You can find meaning in making other people happy. My wife has been emotionally abusive to me, and damaged our relationship. She is trying to change but the damage is somewhat done, and I am changed now. I love her though, and we have a daughter. Their happiness is more important than mine.

That's pretty much my situation, except the kid. But I feel her happiness is more important than mine, but in the process I'm becoming emotionless. Not caring about anything or anyone.

this is pretty true
had to break it off with a girl I still love after 4 years for similar reasons
got tired of feeling responsible for her happiness and constantly being made to look like a fool for having her back
at a certain point you sometimes have to put yourself first no matter how much you don't want to
good for you though, your kid will be much better for your selflessness

Knew a guy that did it, his resentment towards her just built up for years until he just packed his bags and left one day while she was out shopping. All his friends sided with his wife and stopped talking to him. Fucked him up emotionally and financially.

Dub dubs.

Thanks anons. I know it's tough. Without a kid you could probably get out of it and still try to make sure she is happy? I don't know how her emotional state is though.

557 here
I hope she's happy but I know she's not but I wasn't happy with her and I got to a very low point in my life where I had to decide to focus on myself
I probably would have stayed if we had a kid but neither of us ever wanted any
main issue I think is we both enabled each other in depression, anxiety, and unhealthy coping mechanisms and we weren't going to get better together

Hmmm...So he was behind of that?...

Attached: 4471574960377701.jpg (1434x1180, 69K)

She's pretty fucked up, she when through some messed up childhood trauma, plus being abused and manipulated by her parents even past the age of 20. Which is one of the reasons she convinced herself that she needs me and is happy. I'm past the point of fixing, but I know how to control my mental state so I don't fuck insane. But I feel being with her will end up making me snap. At the same time I still want to take care of her and help her get better.

op what's your initials

That is a rough situation OP.
I am not to that point yet but we have some work to put into our relationship.
All I can think for you to do is softly manipulate her into not wanting to be with you. If you are really done though, it's not doing either of you any good to stay together unless you can commit to selflessly choosing her happiness and living for that.

I'm sort of in the same situation, except I don't want to leave the girl because:
>she gives me stuff
>i want her to be happy and i like the sex
>she has the power to absolutely destroy my life because she's "in" with the local government

We had a fight today because she refused to sleep over at my house for what would be the first time ever in our FIVE MONTH RELATIONSHIP. Her reasoning is "muh family mad" even though she's 18 years old. I asked why she doesn't just say "fuck off" to her family, she replied with "I don't know you enough to say "fuck you" to my family". I've known this bitch for THREE YEARS and dating her for FIVE MONTHS and she refuses to acknowledge I exist to her family, much less sleep over at my house because "omg they sad :^((". I understand the family bullshit, but not sleeping over? Something's up, and every time I call her out on this shit, she has a fucking meltdown. We had a two hour argument over this shit and she went home anyways. She's a cunt like this sometimes.

What do Sup Forumsros?

I have a 4.5/10 wife and 3 kids. She used to be a 8/10 and really cool. Now she is a fat old nagging cunt, and I secretly hope she will get hit by the bus.

I'm old, most of you are young - just leave bad relationships before its to late

Pics please. I want a before and after for curiosity,

What do my initials have to do with the situation I'm in

all these faggots that get married and then regret it later. its fucking pathetic. When u get married you make a promise. good and bad times. egotistical losers lmfao. I am selfish. I hate children and to a certain degree hate relationships. yes i get pussy losers but relationships are overrated. Surround yourself with good friends. Life can be extremely enjoyable as a bachelor. Most people are pussies and cant stand the thought of being alone for a few days let alone weeks. If you think about it its cringy

going to bed. Good luck OP. If you are a ticking time bomb, better just end it.

I guess you could understand it to a point except I've been with her for ever 10 years literally spending the first 9 trying to impress her and win her over, but she had always been manipulative and abusive both emotional and physical. Now I'm just here wondering if it's worth it.

Well I don't mind being alone, I was once afraid of it. Not anymore. That was one of her main threats to me was leaving me but she would always bluff, but I stay because she wants my help to get better.
I feel like I am a ticking time bomb. I just don't know I'll snap.

If you got a family, ride it out for their sake.

If there's just two of you and you don't give a shit about the girl, it's not even a question, go do something else. Do make sure you can do better than her though, otherwise you'll just be a lonely hermit while the woman will get a boyfriend and be over you in a month.

I'm not married yet and I have no friends except for my GF. Without my GF, I have literally no-one because I live in an isolated region and I relate to literally no-one here. I am autistic and no-one can tolerate me. The only person who can even bear to be around me is, of course, my girlfriend.
I couldn't do the bachelor bullshit. I'm stuck here until the mid 2020s anyways.