Medal Count "importance"

Unironically, what is the purpose of counting medals?
Regardless of who leads two weeks from now, any country that isn't the United States will still be inferior to the United States, precious metal discuses aside

Other urls found in this thread:

www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/dp-pd/prof/details/page.cfm?A1=All&B1=All&Code1=01&Custom=&Data=Count&Geo1=PR&Lang=E&SearchPR=01&SearchText=Canada&SearchType=Begins&TABID=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pissing contest

Why do Americans count it as whoever gets the most second or third places?
first goes to whoever has the most gold, you dumb participation trophy mother fuckers.
Also why does an entire hockey tournament count as one event?

>choosing total medal count over most golds

This is what happens with your country hits 56%

Gold is the only medal that matters. Silver and bronze are just arbitrary loser medals.

Pot meet kettle

www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/dp-pd/prof/details/page.cfm?A1=All&B1=All&Code1=01&Custom=&Data=Count&Geo1=PR&Lang=E&SearchPR=01&SearchText=Canada&SearchType=Begins&TABID=1

Yeah but we arent Sup Forums shitters so its okay. Nobody here cares.

>everyone doesn't get a medal
capitalist pig fascists

This "competition" is a scam and the IOC has lost all legitimacy as they ban clean athletes and had to return medals to athletes they took them off all because they are Russian

All person with an ounce of intelligence is not watching this rigged crap

Why does Canadia care seeing as you don't make the top 3 in either method? Maybe one day you'll finally pass the Soviet Union, you've only had 27 years

Why do you always mock americans for caring with medal counts? I'm sure if they actually cared they'd sort the tables with something silly like showing silver first, then gold, then bronze.

We won 2010 came third in 2014.
When was the last time you guys finished first?

>One soccer medal
>One tennis medal
>No racing
>No basketball
>No polo
>No rugbt except for 7s

Only commies and insecure meme countries care about the Olympics. The best sports aren't even in there.

Nope. Now they have baseball ahain, so it's just rugby missing. Maybe replace soccer with it.

>mfw Americans abuse the stupid system that awards a trillion medals for swimming events just to call themselves winners

top sides

Yeah, swimming is the only reason America has won 1018 more gold medals than Portugal

>look guys I just fished 20 golds yesterday for swimming lol
>meanwhile team sport teams play a whole week just to get a medal
sides drifting away

>4 gold medals in his entire country's history
>The Following countries have won more
Taiwan, Colombia, Algeria, Slovenia, Morocco, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Ireland, Georgia, Thailand, and lots lots more

but it's okay Portugal, even though you've been trying for 96 years, at least you're tied with Tunisia

kek I thought we only had 2, that's even better

>0 Stanley cups
>0 Superbowls
>0 grey cups
>0 world series
>0 world baseball classics
>0 IIHF championships
Olympics were your only shot and you blew it.

theres more focus on whos leading the gold than than there use to be
wrong I remember when I was a kid all that they focused on was total medal count and they dont now theres pretty equal footing given to both
you retards realize this is how the vast majority of medals are won. countries just statpad all their medals in sports nobody else cares about. Theres a fucking thread about the Netherlands up showing just that

Should be a weighted points system. like 5-2-1, 5-3-1. So it kind of ends up being like soccer in that it pretty much goes in order of who has the most golds unless you spam a ton of silver and bronze

Winter is a shit season anyway.