Discuss now that the hype is gone and the dust has settled

discuss now that the hype is gone and the dust has settled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE
youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loved it. Haven't enjoyed a show that much in a long time.

me too

Cult-quality classic. Can't wait for next season.

Loved it

Had to turn it off after 30 minutes or so. It's so damn tryhard and stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE

pure kino

>four posters
>four positive responses

If it can maintain Season 1-tier quality into future seasons, it might end up my favorite series ever.

jude law was amazing

i'd have preferred a tighter plot but i can appreciate it for what it is

outstanding dialogue and characters at times

>opening with Lenny crawling out of a pile of dead babies
>"What have we forgotten?"
>"We have forgotten to masturbate!"
>mfw
>Lenny going full autism and destroying the church's world reputation
>the "sexy and I know it" scene
>that fucking threesome scene
>then at the end Lenny starts to get his shit together
>the "peace" speech
>the "smile" speech
>Kurtwell's confession to Lenny
>"There are only two reasons a human being would get down on his knees. One is to pray, and the other is to know himself."
>Gutierrez having to sit there listening to a fellow abuse victim explain how he became an abuser
>that episode with the fat person needing to be crane lifted out of her apartment
>tfw she backed out of it

This show was fucking amazing.

this scene is excellent

I really liked Spencer as a character

>i'm sexy and i know it starts playing
If you didn't drop this series in this exact moment you need to get off Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs

telekino

>lenny asking god to smite the evil nun
Kino

Pretty good show.

Pure shit.

At first I thought it'd be a pretty decent show but fuck dude after like the 3rd episode the whole thing honestly had me fucking floored. Kinda made me wanna convert to Roman Catholicism sometimes

I liked the shots very much. what else is worth checking out by this guy (Great Beauty?)

Love Jude Law because he is my nigga and love the pageantry and symbolism of the Catholic church (the true Christian church).
I was unsure of some of the character's motivations and that is always a pleasant surprise.. I am still not sure if I like TYP because he is chaotic good or malevolent cunning..

I found decent streams but lost a few scenes here and there when Voiello was speaking Italian to his helper guy or a few scenes that has spanish in it.. that was a little annoying but I don't think I missed much. still wanted that juicy dialogue though

i've been a RC my entire life (baptized and 1st communion) this series made me want to become a monk in the vatican

Wrong, he just said something had to be done

It honestly makes it look pretty nice. Never thought a show of all things would actually kinda make me kinda believe or at least hope

>discuss now that the hype is gone and the dust has settled
>the hype is gone
>the dust has settled

*walks towards you*

His Holiness I...

can someone give me a lil clue in about the Tonino character with the stigmata ?

that was some of the point I lost a lot of dialogue because my stream lacked english subs

I've been a monk in the vatican my entire life, and this show made me want to become the Young Pope.

THE ADDRESS, YOUR HOLINESS

>Sup Forums constantly bitches about left wing propaganda
>Sup Forums LOVES this show
>It's literally a horror story about Donald Trump being Pope and how Christianity is full of hypocrisy and corruption

>You want to know what became of Tonino Pettola?
>Look, well... Tonino Pettola... what happened is that...
>Jesus, what an unseemly thing!
>I didn't want to, but the Pope...
>Basically, Tonino Pe...
>Oh God, I was about to tell you!
>No, my friend. You'll have to forgive me.
>But I... I can't tell anyone what became of Tonino Pettola.
>Forgive me, but I can't even tell you, and you're my best friend.
>There are certain secrets so important that only one person should know them.
>Don't resent me for this.
>I love you like the son I never had.
>But I can never reveal to you what became of Tonino Pettola.
>Merry Christmas, Girolamo.

Basically, it ended up being one big "fuck you" cop-out.

you either didnt get past episode 3 or misunderstood the show completely

As a Christian Pastor who has struggled with belief in God but not God's existence, I have found this show to be spot on in a few key places. Particularly Penny's comments about all priests being cowards.

>The true Christian Church
Pfffff

>shows arent allowed to be fun

youre dumb

uhh yes?
I am not following. what were they doing in his house in the end?
did the reported believe him? was it just some hoax? for what purpose?

In the last episode, Voiello almost tells Girolamo what happened, then doesn't. Season 1 never tells you what actually happened with Tonino.

May I cup your balls, Holy Father?

If I wasn't married to god I'd let her drain me so much she'd start sucking out my fucking soul

me three

I really loved it. I can't remember if I've ever cried over a stupid TV show before, but episode 9 got me good

No it's a part of a greater whole

>the other is to know himself.
what does this mean

Anyone kinda wished he stayed true to his roots and maintained the harsh outlook he had? I know it was good for the arc of the season to go from ruthlessly conservative to a loving liberal but I feel like any subsequent seasons as a result will be much less enjoyable without his eccentric/autisitic type behavior (making kids cry, never taking photos, verbally berating the cardinals, etc etc)

blowjobs

Former Roman Catholic and altar server who thought about being a priest. The show made me want to go to Church again.
Have you not been confirmed yet?

>from ruthlessly conservative to a loving liberal
he didn't even cave on the abortion bit they had to trick him into signing that document...
I would say he was moderate at best by the end

First half of the season was Old Testament Lenny. Second half was Lenny Christ. If you prefer the first 5 episodes, you're basically a Jew

I kind of felt that his transition wasn't totally "earned" but I have a hard time articulating why. Seemed like quite the about face to me. But I'm sure he'll be up to old tricks if they ever make a second season.

maybe the most /lit/ show of the decade

One of the best series in recent years. Glad it didn't devolve into "HBO SHOW WITH SEX, DRUGS, AND VIOLENCE BUT IN THE VATICAN!" I loved the moral ambiguity of all the characters.

how is that knowing yourself? more like knowing the person you're blowing

I've never seen it, so I'll ask those who did - is it some sort of anti-Catholic propaganda? How is the faith treated in it?

>It's time for your snack

Oh how I and my family all laughed.

I loved it. It was very comfy.

>I've never seen it, so I'll ask those who did - is it some sort of anti-Catholic propaganda?
No
>How is the faith treated in it?
Well

>Have you not been confirmed yet?
No I stopped attending church after 1st holy communion. I don't have a real reason why and it took 15 or so years before I really expressed any regret about it

I don't know how my life would be different had I continued on but I still hold some fairly conservative beliefs and balk when people call me out on my contradictions, you know like a good lapsed Catholic

given my level of geo-political awareness I don't know that I can trust Pope Francis.
the catholic in me still acknowledges and respects his position though

I'm pretty much agnostic and by the end of the show I wasn't far off them kind of believing in god

If Lenny survived one possibility is that season 2 will be about Lenny going too far in the other direction (giving the "we have forgotten to masturbate" speech in real life), and Voiello/Gutierrez will have to be the ones to reign him in rather than Spencer.

But I wouldn't consider him to be a loving liberal at the end. The only things he softened up about were his retarded "absence is presence, the pope can totally be like Daft Punk and Bansky" act and beginning to reconsider his stance on homosexuality after seeing how Gutierrez handled the Kurtwell case.

Not at all. The characters are complicated, they question their faith and make mistakes. The writers raise a lot of questions about the changing place of religion in society, but they don't mock it, and they definitely don't treat faith in God as a joke.

>"absence is presence, the pope can totally be like Daft Punk and Bansky"
I feel like he might have been on to something there. Would his speech at the end had the same impact if not for his present absence?

dropped it before i finished the first episode

literally a show for 80iq americans who want to lord over 60iq americans

Sup Forums memed me into thinking it was good but really its just your average hbo garbage for mouthbreathing netflix retards

great post!

thanks im glad you enjoyed it

I don't think Lenny was originally planning to make the smile speech, though. He was willing to use his first appearance just to tell Catholics not to vote in the Italian election, and he was probably dead serious about doing that.

For what it's worth, the characters and the tone of the show change a lot over the course of the season. It's not ten episodes of wacky Lenny drinking Cherry Coke Zero and verbally battering his staff.

but you probably wouldn't like it anyway. I think that episode was designed to thin out the audience a bit

I breath through gills though

>tfw this show got me try to cherry coke zero and now I'm addicted to it

This . The tone shifts wildly at the end of the second ep. I'd at least get to that before dropping the show because it's fantastic and you're really missing out.

im glad they had an entire episode dedicated to letting non-retards know that the show sucks ass before wasting too much time with it

It's still great, nothing has changed. Speech in Africa made me cry.

How do I get qts to be all over my dick like they were with Lenny and his bisexual orphan bro?

You have to be a handsome man like Jude Law, it's not rocket science.

Why is he so obsessed with Esther

Because he was attracted to her, and because she was the first person who actually believed he was a good Pope

I saw his attachment based around connecting her desire to be a mother to the idea of a mother to his own mother

Be genuinely handsome and you'll get women noticing you and talking to you. Be handsome and wealthy or charismatic or powerful and women will literally throw themselves at you.

>tfw the opposite of all of that
should I just end it

>the hype is gone
In the past week I've gotten 3 people to watch the show and 1 to get an HBO subscription

absolute objective kino

>Belief in God but not God's existence
So you're saying you believe that God exists, but don't believe he's a personal God that plays an active role in our lives or something?

Also, I really want to believe but I have trouble reconciling what scripture says about things like the sin of homosexuality, the age of the Earth etc. with what we know to be true from scientific observation. Any tips?

>reconciling what scripture says about things like the sin of homosexuality, the age of the Earth etc.
the bible, torah/talmud, quaran were all written by men user that's not even up for question. what inspired them to write such vivid things is a totally different debate.

not that other user you were conversing with sorry, I just have lots of introspection about my own faith I struggle with often

It's an admission of your own "weakness", choosing to submit instead of fighting.

she was the only one who liked his address (where he sperged out at the laser pointer lel)

So is this supposed to be about some Sup Forums type person becoming pope. Does he succeed in destroying degeneracy in the western world?

be handsome and unattainable.

Not really. He gets the ball rolling.

why didn't the pope tell his swiss guard that his wife was cucking him

sounds cool, sick of seeing movies, and shows about how awesome sex and drugs are supposed to be. I mean not that they can't be, but it's hardly even counter culture anymore.

My favourite show is The Sopranos and I liked this season more than the first season of the The Sopranos

Because he's a saint

I have the high ground, Voiello.

I cried like a bitch after the miracle scene

I cheered like a bitch after the miracle scene

I came like a bitch during the scene where his hot af mom prances around nude

same fuckin thing here, weird

Mad Men got me smoking lucky strikes. Best damn smoke.