First Look At Disney's Female Driven Animated Shorts Series 'Star Wars: Forces of Destiny'

youtube.com/watch?v=3MF2VFgCUSk

lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VMYCh8MOY5I
screenrant.com/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-male-fans/
youtube.com/watch?v=gyV7O60RCPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lol
So, exactly why are you laughing?

because someone associated Entertainment Weekly hyped up a big Star Wars reveal at midnight, naturally people assumed trailer drop but instead it was nothing but a poorly animated shorts series

>No Barriss Offee.

garbage

Why do you care?

Why do they push this so hard? As if they're doing something no one else is. I think it's cool that like kids can enjoy female characters but recently Star Wars is really trying to get some validation for what should just be the norm. Well done, you've created female characters

Ahsoka's voice actor is pretty hot.

They really want girls to like Star Wars.
Is it working?
Is there any data to suggest that more women like Star Wars now that the last two movies have starred women?

BRAVO KATHLEEN

From my generation, the only chick that liked SW was my sister; her 2 daughters hate it.

I really don't see it changing.

I guess the...trans crowd then? They seem to love it.

This is what i've been thinking. Do kids (their main demographic practically) really care about the social side of things? I feel like they are more interested in the story telling & the action than if a movie stars a strong female role. Why should females only relate to other females? Did girls have trouble understanding Lukes problems in A New Hope because he's male?

These are problems middle aged people have taken upon themselves to try and fix when no one really cared

>They

She. She really wants girls to like Star Wars.

I bet her brother's didn't let her play with their SW action figures.

Or if she had none, her dad really wanted a boy.

I occasionally have these arguments about karma with whomever around that actually believes in karma. And often they'll mention something they saw on facebook about some kid "doing the right thing". And they'll point out all the good shit that happened to them as a result. Then I'll point out that this kid mde a video of themselves humble bragging and the Karma they got in return is just shit loads of donations from suckers or people that want to brag themselves about helping someone out. If this kid hadn't made a big deal about it no one would have noticed or cared. and they definitely wouldn't be getting their trip to wherever or the tuition crowd funded like they are now. At this point I'm usually called a cynical ass in one form or another.

A business works under the same principle. I'm SURE, 100% positive there are businesses and CEOs and presidents of companies that are just basic nice people. They give to charity, they have programs to help the community, they treat all their employees well and equally. and no one gives a fuck because they don't have a viral marketing campaign showing what nice people they are. While on the other hand every other back stabbing, water polluting, job exporting, racist, sexist, hooker murdering, sociopath spends millions in add revenue to make sure you know every time they give a kid some change for a candy machine.

tl:dr
It doesn't matter what you do, what matters is what people see you do.

I thought this was pretty funny. youtu.be/VMYCh8MOY5I

She tries to pander to them and still gets this

it's Mass Effect: Andromeda all over again!

PROTIP ANIMATION STUDIOS: giving women key skill positions just because they're women DOES NOT WORK

If anything it's just going to make boys hate it

lol friendly fire. Kathleen is on their side.

what the fuck is this thing?

If you've seen her resume, I doubt she really actually gives a shit about female leads and is apart of it because it's the in thing right now.

>e 7 - woman lead
>rogur one - woman lead
> new battlefront - woman lead
>new series of shorts - woman lead

Someone please kill kathleen Kennedy

>get excited for waifu wars
>know I can't discuss it here with all the Sup Forums homo fuccbois
>keep it to myself while getting hyped internally
>except I didn't keep it to myself after all

TEEHEEHEE!

Male leads are boring.

Female leads are aesthetic af.

Yeah, when they look like that.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Rey as the new lead thinking it would be something new. Who knew within like a year, it would already be old and run into the ground

She openly said she wont pander to men anymore

screenrant.com/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-male-fans/

Nor should she. Men aren't aesthetic unless you're gay.

Oh look, its the fag who always plays female chars in vidya because he "wants to see her ass" while he plays.

This is some weird b8

I think some of you are overthinking this.

Star Wars has some female fans, but not like the Marvel stuff does. They're trying to broaden the appeal of the brand long-term (get little girls into Star Wars,and they'll be future customers).

>that projection
>with the tryhard reaction

kek

It's not for kids "caring about social issues", it's them trying to figure out how to get girls into the Star Wars brand.

Marvel studios worked it with equal opportunity sex appeal with good looking guys and shit (and the unexpected bomb that ended up being Tom Hiddleston's Loki).

They don't exactly have anything similar in Star Wars at the moment; they're trying to go the female protag route.

That is fucking retarded. Does she just disregard the majority of the fans because they're male? Her whole arguement is "you guys had the original trilogy so now its our turn". Did she think 0 girls ever enjoyed Star Wars before The Force Awakens?

I'm a girl and I didn't enjoy SW until TFA.

Check and mate.

I get it, I just wish they'd find something else to squeeze money out of rather than raping a pretty beloved movie franchise

I'm a SW fan and I wasn't a girl until TFA,

Check and mate.

For Force Awakens, 70% of ticket holders were men between 18-40-something. That's not bad, but that means there's a large untapped market they want to break into.

Female protags are a way to do it, as most guys aren't going to give a shit one way or the other, even though most women over a certain age aren't going to give a shit either.

Getting interest from female youths may create a bigger pool of fans in the future, though. Still early to tell whether it'll pay off, though, same as Microsoft giving a small fortune to acquire Minecraft (to get potential future customers early on)

Eh, it hasn't hurt anything so far (female protags). Rey is fine (though still not explained enough on why she's the way she is), and what's-her-face from Rogue One is just as boring and bland as all the other characters in that movie.

Maybe that'll change, but nothing bad has happened yet.

So he pegged you in one, right?

No, Rey is definitely shit and TFA is a worse movie for it. It's also fuelling furious debate between retarded trannies who are way too invested in pop culture and media and people who think the new direction SW has taken sucks ass.

Kathleen Kennedy said the focus is on drawing more female fans. She admits that males don't matter because they'll watch either way.

You keep repeating this and it's simply a false belief. Little girls don't give a fuck about this stuff, no matter how many women are in it. How many girls are into Metroid because the protagonist is a woman? How many of them watch slice of life anime like K-On? How many of them give a shit about any male-oriented action game/movie or hobby just because it's got females in it?

Marvel is flopping with everyone, by the way. Women didn't suddenly start buying Marvel comics because the SJtards had their way with writing white men completely out of story lines and plots. Don't be fucking ridiculous.

>No Imperial story
FUCKING
DROPPED
IM SICK OF FUCKING REBEL WANK GIVE ME EMPIRE WANK REE

I think i'm more worried about the future of the movies themselves than the cast. I can really see Star Wars just becoming like Marvel, just shitting out souless movies made by people who don't have any love for their craft and just want to make a shit ton of money. My room is littered with Star Wars but I know for a fact that in a few years i'll just start to hate the franchise

>Rey is fine

No. She's terribly written and terribly acted. And she actively hurts the movie. No amount of backpedaling in the sequels will justify the poor decision making that was her character in The Force Awakens.

>You keep repeating this and it's simply a false belief.
I never claimed it was MY belief, I'm stating why they're likely doing what they're doing.

It's the same as with race. There are plenty of black dudes that don't give a shit whether a superhero is black or white; they fucking love Superman and Batman.

I'm saying it's a purely marketing thing from movie execs who seem out of touch about what people care about.

>Maz
>still has a shitty voice actress that sounds like she's doing a bad impersonation of an asian character
lol

Going to just have to agree to disagree here. I found her very charismatic and fun. My main issue with her is that she could do everything way too damn well, and unless they explain why in the next movie, it will get annoying over the entire trilogy.

You and me both. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm fully of the belief that they'll make everyone sick of this brand. I'm no RLM fanboy or anything, but Rich Evans basically hit the nail on the head with how Star Wars (despite being a sci-fi which could span multiple worlds) is extremely limited on what they can do with it, where even if they churn out Marvel crap all the time, they have enough different shit to make them unique from each other in some way (despite being formulaic). They're going to kill Star War over the next decade if they don't slow down.

Jinn whatever was bland as fuck, though.

>tfw overheard my niece talk about how "no star wars is a boys thing, none of the girls like it" when TFA came out

>destroying an amazing franchise and pushing a political agenda that won't even work

what a joke.

>becoming

We're already there.

having a female protagonist is not "pushing a political agenda"

let's not get stupid here

Her over-competence and lack of flaws really hurt the film. Other characters were made to look pretty dumb and redundant for her sake. Finn was the biggest victim of this. And Daisy Ridley didn't do much for me. In some respects she's worse than Hayden Christensen. Though both had to deal with terrible material.

Fair enough. The reason it worked for me was because the "they keep flashing back to some mystery background for Rey", so it lead me to believe that there's some reason that she's as competent that she is that will get revealed.

If that doesn't happen, she'll be a complete shit character, but I can see why it might bother others.

I read a rumour that they'll be taking a 10-15 year hiatus from main story after episode 9 so a whole new audience will be around for episode 10 which would be fucking amazing (if only they didnt spam us with origin stories in the 10-15 years)

Could be good if they go that route.

As much as some of their ideas of origin stories annoy me, I do actually want to see Ewan McGregor do an Obi-Wan movie. Despite me not caring too much for how the prequels turned out, he was a bright spot in the prequels, and think he can do a great Obi-Wan with good material.

Yeah, that's all it amounts to, what they're doing.

>Fair enough. The reason it worked for me was because the "they keep flashing back to some mystery background for Rey", so it lead me to believe that there's some reason that she's as competent that she is that will get revealed.

When could this have possibly taken place though? She looks like she was about six y/o when she was abandoned on Jakku. How much could she have learned and who would have taught her? Are we about to get another chosen one type character?

And think about things like this: Kylo Ren, the man who personally slaughtered a new batch of Jedi and sent Luke (the man who defeated Darth Vader) into hiding, is completely rekt by someone who hadn't heard of the force until a couple of hours before the fight. That's hard to stomach even with Ren's wound.

I think she would make an interesting villain. But Disney wouldn't go that route.

Because it looks like garbage?

100% agree on the Obi Wan story, I've been wanting it for so long and Ewan is just the right age to pull it off. Why are we getting a young han solo movie? It will be so weird having this new actor pretend to be a young harrison ford. Why did we even need to know minor details like how Han & Lando met? Some things are left unsaid.

Another idea I would like would be a Plagueis & Palpatine story. It would be so great to have a movie through the eyes of a young palpatine rather than generic hero #52 like Jyn

It's a shame they never made Plagueis instead of Snoke in the Sequel Trilogy. It'd make a lot more sense and ties all trilogies together. Deep down I'm hoping Snoke is Plagueis but they'll never do it. Would of been great aswell.

TFA comes out, people know him as Supreme Leader Snoke

TLJ comes out, Revealed that Snoke is a title he gave himself and is actually Plagueis, vague backstory dialog

Plagueis & Palpatine backstory movie

then episode 9 to finish us off

Hope that's not the final animation style

I'm British and all the girls at my school loved Rey.

I'm surprised they were able to identify with a woman who refused to wear a headscarf.

>0:49
His face says it all

i think it is astonishing how this miniseries for little girls from a multibillion dollar corporation looks even cheaper and bland than early 00s flash animations like star wars gangsta rap.
Best thing is that they say all of this is canon, so all of the nerds who claim rebels to be something a grown man can watch will also watch this shit.

PS: don't forget to buy your Barbie knockoff doll

When does the fucking TLJ trailer drop

It better be tomorrow

You know the only good female character they ever made was Ashoka and now they are going to ruin her by shoving her in everything
When the fuck does this cartoon even take place? Post clone wars but before rogue one? we already have Rebels. But if this is even earlier then that Ashoka should be in hiding with Rex not ducking around

How does it feel that Disney has hijacked SW and turned it into gender propaganda?

The Empire is a (white) human supremacist organization now. It will never be shown in a positive light.

To say there's a timeline where Warhammer 40K is as popular as our Star Wars and feminists are driven insane because the main characters are all 7+ feet tall aryan demi-gods

sad timeline we live in. the feminists are still insane and we have feminist star wars instead of 40K

Funny thing is the Rebels were all White in the OT as well, but the new writers seem to think it was diverse

Battlefront 2's campaign is about a black Imperial woman following the command of another black Imperial woman who became Grand Admiral post-Endor

That was before Disney.

Talking about the new one.

youtube.com/watch?v=gyV7O60RCPI

>didn't play SWBF2
>didn't watch the trailer for nu-SWBF2
>still reads and writes in this thread

How fucking autistic are you?

Thank god. I was getting really tired of them making the empire out to be white nationalist. You can be a tyrannical empire while also being diverse, at least in the star wars universe.

MUH FEMALES

The animation is horrible and Kathleen Kennedy is literally the devil

Out.

I agree and I don't know why I thought she was gonna be black judging from the character.

Disney must be stopped.

Women don't watch Star Wars. There are no Star Wars "fangirls." The only people who will watch this are tentative Star Wars fanBOYS.

Women were a mistake

>implying any female lead in a SW movie will look that attractive and scantily clothed

You're dreaming bud

Just seeing Kathleen Kennedy makes me mad nowadays, also I realized I don't give a shit about star wars anymore

100% on the money user

Same desu

>new uncharted-like sw game from dead space developers - male lead

Source or gtfo.

SW has been a pleb shit franchise since Return, I for one would be glad to see it dragged down to the depths of the ocean never to be seen again, all the more so if what drags it down is its own stupidity
Get some money and time and creative energy into new IPs for fuck sake

The last EA conference at E3

Star Wars is fucking dead.

Who are they supposed to be, is one of them Aphra?

do wimmen even like star warz tho

No

Judging from this video alone there's no Aphra in sight. It makes sense since they are probably lazy as shit to turn the comics into animations while they can just take movie scenes from the other characters and turn them into animations.
Shame, Aphra is kind of cool considering the nu-canon is shit in general. Either way, this shitty animation doesn't do any character any justice.

So now instead of Thrawn, grand admiral Sloane takes command over the armed forces of the empire after RotJ.
Women sure will feel empowered now!

>They really want girls to like Star Wars.

What if?

WTF, why the quality of the design looks worse than a deviant art fanfic.
Is that a troll thread?

Not him but
>not playing the old battlefront games
You have shit taste. W