People honestly don't think the DCEU is a refreshing take on classic characters and something special other than the...

>People honestly don't think the DCEU is a refreshing take on classic characters and something special other than the usual run of the mill capeflicks that get massed produced

Honestly these movies feel mythical. A lot more so than your average fox-men or doctor strange. BvS can be watched multiple times and still retain that grand vibe. Only other cape movie I can think that can be rewatched multiple times is Cap: Tws.

>WB just copies whatever Marvel does in their movies and fails every time
>refreshing take

OP here. Just adding I love what they've done so far. And I love the updated or slightly reimagined take on these characters. Joker, lex, supes. Aqauman, bats, flash...all of them. It's a new age of heroes. Not the same old stuff we've gotten from cartoons, games, comics, etc. Why not welcome the new changes? The characters still capture that gravitas most capeflicks dont. I like the almost biblical feel the stories DC is attempting to tell. "The age of heroes" as Diana puts it

Hello, pay attention. I said refreshing take on classic characters. What does that have to do with marvel? Can you get Disney out of your ass for one second?

Firstly, DC isn't trying to tell this, warner bros is.

Secondly, Lex Luther is not a good update on the character. Batman using guns is fucking stupid. Having Joker tattooed DAMAGED across his head is really fucking stupid. Supes being an emo is really fucking stupid.

They changed the characters to the point where the only resemblance they have to their originals are their costumes. Diana isn't a fucking walking skeleton.

This picture only further clarifies how shit the DCEU is. The pictures on the left look so much better.

/thread

>something special other than the usual run of the mill capeflicks that get massed produced

you're not fooling anyone

That's because that's alex ross he's an insanely good artist

These characters feel far from mythical. Why do DCEU fans need throw out these buzzwords to feel better about their flicks?

What were MoS and BvS copying?

>Lex Luther is not a good update on the character. Batman using guns is fucking stupid. Having Joker tattooed DAMAGED across his head is really fucking stupid. Supes being an emo is really fucking stupid.

Got any actual arguments there sparky?

How much do they pay?

Want to explain to me why Lex Luthor has to be a edgelord?

Want to explain to me why DAMAGED needed to be tattooed on Jokers face?

Want to explain to me why Superman needs to be emo?

Want to explain to me why they casted a skeleton with no acting skills to play one of the trinity?

Want to explain to me why Batman has to use a machine gun on the batmobile?

DC movies are confusing and weird and depressing.

Marvel movies are FUN

Dude it's like... not funny anymore

This. Marvel films are shit but they're fun. I don't want high-school tier philosophy in my fucking capeshit. People moaning about quips would hate the fucking 80's as they were full of them in action films.

If you like BvS, fine, but pretending it's shit don't stink is the height of delusion. Marvel and DC are both shit. One is run of the mill shit, paint by numbers, but ultimately fun and enjoyable, which then gives money and makes suits more secure for experimental shit (see; Deadpool and Logan) whilst DC is literally "If we can't beat Marvel at their own game, we'll get a crazy bastard to do the films and anybody who calls it shit online will get blasted by fanboys going 'HURR UR JUST DON'T GET IT THE SIGN OF THE FLOOR THAT'S BURNT ISN'T JUST A BURNT SIGN IT'S ACTUALLY A VERY CLEVER METAPHOR ABOUT SOME SHIT I'VE MADE UP AND SYNDER IS A GOD AND HE KNEW AND HE PUT IT THERE PRAISE DC'".

Capeshit is s hit. Marvel is shit. DC is shit. Marvel is fun. DC is trying to mix two unmixable things, capeshit and intellectual themes. The two are polar opposites.

This as well. Capeshit will always be capeshit. Comics were made for kids, and it wasn't until those kids grew up and wanted people to take their stuff seriously that they started making all this pseudo intellectual garbage. Not to say it can't be done, but let's not compare Watchmen to some of the greats of literature. It's still a graphic novel. The MCU understands this. You're not going to be able to get deep into the human psyche with capeshit. Just embrace it for what it is.

>Want to explain to me why Lex Luthor has to be a edgelord?
He always was
>Want to explain to me why DAMAGED needed to be tattooed on Jokers face?
That's the joke
>Want to explain to me why Superman needs to be emo?
Try being him for a day.
>Want to explain to me why they casted a skeleton with no acting skills to play one of the trinity?
Give someone new a chance and not be bombarded with "bimbo" complaints.
>Want to explain to me why Batman has to use a machine gun on the batmobile?
He always did.

Is it like that in bizarro world?

Not OP.

>Lex always an edgelord
No he wasn't
>LOL DAMAGED on the forehead would be a funny joke
Really?
>Superman is emo because he has to have the burden of dealing with people
You don't understand the core of what Superman is.
>Give someone new a chance and not be bombarded with "bimbo" complaints.
Cast a skeleton in a role supposed to be for big muscular woman and it's a miscast. That's what WW was, a miscast.
>Batman always used guns
See pic

Can they be sued? This shit can't be legal

>make bad movie
>spend millions in attempt to realign public opinion of the movie in order to release another movie in the franchise
>repeat

the DCEU

That explains the disney shill invasion being so bad that even the mods had to stop it, sure

I also agree with this. I like the different take of the narrative.

I can understand the comicbook fags gripe, they wanted DC films just like the marvel ones; origin story/bad guy in second film/ another bad guy in third film. That crap has been done to death

I think the DCEU film universe will be small compared to Marvel, and thats good to be honest. Alot of people are getting sick of the same crap

There's nothing refreshing about grim & gritty superheroes.

>I can understand the comicbook fags gripe, they wanted DC films just like the marvel ones; origin story/bad guy in second film/ another bad guy in third film. That crap has been done to death

Comic book fans wanted to see the characters from the comics..

I want to see Batman act like batman and superman act like superman and lex act like lex. How fucking hard is that?

What should I expect out of the Aquaman movie? I want adventurekino like it's a fantasy film.

well its a different take. Its all explained quite well

Don't let the Marvel drone hate get you. The DCEU is great and BvS is a masterpiece. They're just butthurt all they have is Russo and Takiki Wahili while DC has Snyder.

I truly hope you kill yourself Marvel third-worlder.

Luther was miscast, batman can use whatever the hell he wants joker only works if he is actually jason todd (don't see that happening) and supes as the weight of the world on hs shoulders.

All in all not too bad

Batman and Superman are archetype characters.

You don't need to fucking reinvent them, especially since you are doing a fucking cinematic universe. Nobody should take red sun superman and turn it into a cinematic universe. You know why? Because that's fucking stupid.

Stick to the actual characters. They don't need to be reinvented to work on screen.

to be fair that thor 3 trailer was quite good, even if it were cheating using a very good song (all the teenagers will be digging up LZ now ffs).
Im just skeptical marvel would allow even spielberg to make his own vision, let alone an up and coming director

There is literally a machine gun on the Batmobile in TDK and Bruce just says "Rubber bullets. Promise. :^)"

Snyder is creating the Universe. (Was)

That's Doomsday Lex for you.
Bats only used a gun in Flashpoint.
Sups is New52.
They really Fcked up Joker.

The New 52 changed the characters; In a Flash. (Get my Pun there)
No body said Diana was a skeletor.
Were people complying in the 70s about it?

Just giving my two cents here

>stickying a reminder that the thor trailer is out
>mods getting rid of shills

... are you retarded?

>Honestly these movies feel mythical.
Oh yeah, the hamfisted religious allegories really spark the imagination.

doesn't he also use a gun earlier in the comic?

The mudslime is still butthurt that BvS alludes to multiple religions.

The sticky said the contain the shilling to one thread at a time. I hope they do the same with Star Wars because fuck

TDK isn't canon

Orly

The "I dont kill people" shtick is a recent addition to his character.

When will WB hire some shills like Disney does? It honestly gets tiresome having to fend off the Disney Paki army every thread.

I don't think he was miscast. He or they just chose a really godawful direction to take the character. That guy plays dismissive and arrogant better than most. It should have been something he could have done in his sleep. They just... I don't even know honestly. I would have preferred them Digitally recreate Gene Hackman and cut his audio together into new lines rather than fucking performance.

surely thats subjective. Its fair for Snyder to use it as material to influence his film

>shills pretending they aren't shills

for what purpose

you guys don't even bother trying to change your writing style

>It's another Marvel drones pretend they didn't care for BvS while spending 10 hours of their day shitposting these threads episode
Mental illness or Disney salary? Same 3-4 Pakis every thread .

All capeshit is shit except Raimi and Burton. Nolan, Snyder, and MCU got carried away with seriousness and making money, respectively.

But Burton and Raimi had integrity. They actually wanted to make something good.

>for several days the board had a stickied advertisement for the new marvel movie

>this got rid of advertising on Sup Forums

are
you
retarded
?

It's a thing that defines the whole character.

Yeah because every hack director uses TDK they can't get enough of it and all they do is suck it's dick and Year One.

Nolan and Snyder both have integrity and their vision is clearly represented through the film. You can't say the same about the MCU. Hell even Raimi had to bend over for Sony in SM3.

>dude no killing is recent!
>has to go back to the 30s to find examples of killing

this is trolling right? or is the goal to keep posting stupid shit over and over until people tire of responding and then using the lack of response as validation?

Why does wonder woman use her bracelet things to block bullets when her whole body is bulletproof?

Snyder and Goyer completely fucked up the universe, god help the people that have to clean up their mess.

>snyder has integrity

turkish air knows how much integrity he has. also jeep, sears, 711, ihop, etc, etc.

She isn't bulletproof.

He's a fucking monster, everytime someone tells me x costume is too stupid to work irl I die inside thinking of his stuff.

It's a thing that made him marketable to sunday morning cartoons. Your mommy and daddy aren't going to let you watch a show about a serial killer.

If you just want the comic stories retold, why not read them again??

It's impossible to discuss DC on the Internet. Disney shills have completely penetrated all forms of social media. I have to hand it to them, they have absolutely obliterated WB in marketing. The way they killed BvS before it was even released was nothing short of masterful. WB Marketing still lives in the 90's. Meanwhile Disney is fucking them all over with a thousand shills.

Why do you dc fucks have such a hard time accepting that no one 20 years from now is going to be like "oh shit, I haven't seen justice league in a long time." And pop it in.?

Go look at some of the shit that almost happened with nolan's trilogy.

It's clear WB is fucking things up, hard, and snyder is just too much of a company man to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Of course snyder is also legitimately retarded so whatever.

The people whining here don't care about the comics either. They just want something to whine about so MCU looks better in comparison. It's shill wars. Don't trust anything you read here.

No one now is going to be like "oh shit, I remember Doctor Strange exists." And pop it in.

ever consider most people just don't like the DCEU? that it isn't paid shilling, that its really just people expressing their distaste for a completely botched series of movies?

Imagine being this butthurt the MCU will never have a talent like Snyder.

It's ok you'll always have the Russos to direct CGI airport fights. What an auteur!

no one has seen it yet, who knows. I may think about Batman v Superman in 20 years time, but who knows; there will probably be another film with the same title before then

so I shouldn't trust people trying to say bvs was actually good?

Someone who "doesn't like DC" doesn't spend 10 hours of their daily time for years on end talking aobut how much you don't like it. We know who you are. We know what timelines you post in the most. We know your arguments. It's all the same recycled shit. It's all the same writing style. You're not fooling anyone.

THOMAS WAYNE AS BATMAN is in the fucking filename.

This is Earth-2 Batman, Bruce died in the alley and his dad went full Bronson in Gotham.

No one 20 years from now is going to go "oh shit, I haven't seen Avengers in a long time." And pop it in.?

make up your own mind. It clearly has a mixed opinion. Just dont ever watch the theatrical cut, its like mental gymnastics

Yeah they will, people will marathon the entire MCU, even the worst ones, just because it's part of the larger, amazing set.

negro, no one does that.

by then it'll be bigger than Eric Robert's filmography, and probably have more shit

Sorry abot that
Let me show you BRUCE

the extended cut didn't add anything meaningful to bvs

You've built quite the gestalt universe for yourself. Where everyone with a brain agrees with you and everyone else is a paid shill. Bravo, you're taking mental illness to new dizzying highs.

Yeah sure you don't.

Sure you don't...

it made it somewhat redeemable. I liked the politics side but thats just me.

They can't all be zingers, but be sure to absolutely trash the next bad one they release... which will happen any day now... right? right guise?

are you trying to imply I posted any of those?

>He's gonna use Final Crisis as an example

Morrison makes Batman use a gun to fucking save the universe for a very specific reason and you'd know it if you read it.

>literally says "I'll make an exception just for you" a couple of panels earlier

Are you done?

Yes it did. The smaller nuances that makes the story richer.
How many hours a day do you spend your time in these threads? It's a religion to you. Or job. I don't know which is worse.

all it added were more plot threads that would be abandoned as soon as lex kidnaps martha.

I don't mike mcu either... It's fucking stupid, fans of both sides are seriously bragging about who is fucking a bigger ant hill.

the story was shit, so making it richer isn't a good thing

there has been many to be fair. Not to be a dickhead in a BvS thread but Civil War was the final straw for me. It was a 2 hour fuckabout building up to something with a result of 'tune in next time for'

No "plot threads" were abandoned as they tied into Lex's conspiracy. Why do you keep spout these lies every day?

I think the reality is the DCEU shills started forcing a brand war because that's easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU.

>How many hours a day do you spend your time in these threads?
I just got here, literally my second post in this thread you just replied to.
A day? Under one, less than half an hour usually. I have shit to do. Kek strike me down if I'm lying.

I'm just amazed as I browse these threads that people with your cognitive impairments can even exist let alone function well enough to shitpost.

You've already exposed yourself by admitting you have a corporate bias. Go whine more about Suicide Squad winning Oscars. That meltdown was hilarious for weeks.

not a single aspect of "lex's conspiracy" mattered in the slightest to his kidnapping of martha.