Why did Jesus say to turn the other cheek? are we supposed to let everyone do whatever they want to you?

why did Jesus say to turn the other cheek? are we supposed to let everyone do whatever they want to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

dharmagates.org/other_cheek.html
youtu.be/DsxA7OU7fR0?t=1m31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He also whipped the shit out of some shekel grubbing jews...

After you turn the other cheek
You run out of cheeks to turn

Turn the other cheek unless it's a jew because they'll steal your wallet while you're looking away

>are we supposed to let everyone do whatever they want to you?

it never meant to let someone abuse you. it meant that if someone does something that appears to be offensive, try to see it as something else; maybe they are just in a bad mood, or maybe it was accidental.

in other words, don't run around with a huge chip on your shoulder trying to be offended. which is why blacks and SJWs are always pissed off - they want to be pissed off.

Buttcheeks are in turn

We have a saying here in Sweden: Real men do not fight back. It's considered rude.

Yeah. Pretty much. You know that saying, "God helps those who help themselves?" Bible never actually preached anything close to that.

Mass shooting when?

Fighting back makes you the bad guy. Just ignore it or get an adult/police officer.

ThIs

"My Father's house was once a place of worship, but you have turned it into a den of thieves.

Very good goy...

Let the muslims rape your women and children...fighting back is wrong and you could get hurt.

Gah

Tick me off when this happens

Jesus works on a level of arrogance you'd only find from someone claiming to be the physical manifestation/divine son of a universal creator. It's basically him saying "don't sweat it down here, I'll fuck them up for all eternity afterwards".

Jesus fucking christ sweden

pisslam was not invented yet back then

Nice one.. nobody cared to see the filename. Fish.. meet hook

No, in the Bible it actually says more like;

And if he should strike you across the face, turn the other cheek, offer it to him and say "would you like to strike this one too"

Basically, offer yourself up for a beating, maybe peeps will decide to not bash you

My Reverend always interpreted it as a strength thing like "Is that all you got? I've got another cheek here, go on have a go"
Basically that you're too strong for them to hurt you because Jesus is by your side and also the UDA.

Jesus never said not to fight back, you turn the cheek to petty offenses and those who attack you with guile or rudeness (aka peter and the tax collectors) if someone comes after you or those you loves life or safety for any reason you dont feel like dying for then you curb their teeth

the new testament is just the moral guide to humanitarianism. anyone who worships things in that book are nuts.

Yes same for Canada; If you kill your enemies, they win.

To not get everybody killed in a bullshit fight for 'muh honor'.

How's that working out for you?

I hear the French president is also big on this mindset

>I can only interpret things in a literal sense

Australian education.

the word "cheek" has always been mistranslated

the correct word is "cuck"

>Proverbs 25:2
>It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
Indeed.

But every day you take your time to look at things you've lost / can't have / won't have. You do it to get offended; else you would do something about it.

Because Jesus was a fucking cuckold hippie.

>focusing on your duty and not your ego
>cuckold hippie

Yes.
A christians is not supposed to protect himself in any way.
Let niggas kill you and then the god will punish them and reward you.
Slave sheeple religion.

It is always taken out of context.

The point of "turn the other cheek" wasn't "just get beaten lmao". The thing is that getting slapped in the cheek was considered a huge offense. Turning the other cheek was an act of defiance of the aggressors offense. It's basically saying "so?" to someone who says they're mad at you.

Could you tell me which verse that is?

In actions he rarely turns a blind eye to sin.

>be french
>gets raped and run over by muslims
>literally does nothing

Read this.

Don't start shit over petty things.

>In actions he rarely turns a blind eye to sin.
He got himself killed so that the people would feel bad abot themselves.
So Yes.
When people are beating you up keep turning and they will feel really bad about themselves when kicking you

When your enemies kill you you to to heaven.
Right goy.. i mean christians, turn the other cheek.
The god will punish them i swear.

It was considered undignified to slap an equal on the cheek with the back of your hand, or your left hand.
Turning the other cheek dares the guy to backhand/left hand slap you, calling him out and making him look like a douche to everyone watching if he follows through.

It's partly passive-aggressive but it also allows room for some reconciliation before the other guy decides to go full retard.

>tee hee, we have to get used to it!

Or just read

There was a significant cultural context with the phrase when Jesus spoke it. Back then there were actual laws about how you were allowed to slap people, with what side of the hand and in the way you slapped slaves and wives and whatever. Jesus was speaking to people who were being oppressed, and the act of turning your cheek would socially force the person hitting you to admit you were their equal. He wasn't telling his followers to just bend over.

This link explains it better:
dharmagates.org/other_cheek.html

Where did he turn the other cheek?
He didn't when the (((merchants))) had stalls at the church

> "M-m-muh open to interpretation"
> Jesus literally says "do not resist an evil person
> but user he didn't mean not to resist an evil person

It is always funny how any no name plebian christians are able to twist the holy word of god so it fits basically any narrative.

Your "law" means nothing if anyone can interpret it as he seems fit.

Also you are just a bunch of migrant loving cucks.

I've just been schooled.

Why wasnt I taught this back when I actually did go to church?

wtf I love Jesus now.

Nice shitpost

>striking someone deemed to be of a lower class with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person "turned the other cheek," the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed.
>An alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was demanding equality.
literally google it retards
Lots of Christianity's "let them walk over you" shit is more like "if someone fucks with you be as passive-aggressive within the law you can be" but retards, ie you, take shit literally and out of context

Not an argument dear friend.

Also how do you feel about USA being only 60% white now, Pedro?

> "M-m-muh open to interpretation"

see
Ive already been schooled mate

You're not being very nice about this for a Christian

I might start lurking in the Sup Forums is a Christian board threads

I'm not Christian, people being wrong on the internet just makes me mad. Sorry for being rude.

Theologians mostly agree that self-defense is okay. Rebelling against temporal authority because they are not Christian or whatever is divided.

He also said

>I do not bring you peace but the sword.

He also said "Return your sword to its place, for all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword."

I guess he had a different meaning for sword in both passages.

> see both of these quotes
>bible is not full of shit

Christians are so silly.

"Return your [penis] to its place, for all who will take up the [penis], will die by the [penis]"

Translation is either beautiful or accurate. Plebs shouldn't be able to read, I'm more and more convinced every day.

I mean, the ideal scenario was that they'd learn to think for themselves, but the real issue became that they started repeating more complex bullshit memes.

You are a plebian if you, even for a second, considered the bible to be the truth.

Also
> holy word of god
> lets not translate accurately

I hope you are telling that yourself every night befor you fall asleep, when the fear that you are living a lie is the strongest.

I'm keeping my options open. I think it's more of a key or guideline. A mystery book, if you will. I consider myself somebody who has not read it, so can't say either. Would have to learn so many languages to grasp the full picture.

"Koetahan poeka jaksaa."
Try to translate that. Try to translate the context of a library of books with language shaped to different context altogether, with several missing books, verses...

First quote meant to , but since it is the same person it doesn't really matter.

Well, it still doesn explain how world was created in seven days, how just two people were enough to start a healthy population or how come there is no evidence of global flooding... but yeah, keep your options open. Maybe you should grow a beard and stop eating pork too, just in case.

*disdain for plebs intensifies*

>forget context
>forget genre
>IT SAYS THIS SO IT MEANS THIS, DON'T YOU DARE CORRECT ME
I will correct you, though. Genesis is written in poetic verses.

hehe this.

I always saw it like this, the surrounding passages create the context to support this. It's all about holding grudges, letting petty things hold you down. You forgive someone who gets overly aggressive in an argument but when it comes to self-defense, you run out of cheeks and fucks pretty fast.

These are interesting posts, I didn't know anything about the roman laws.

>Well, it still doesn explain how world was created in seven days
Oh, but that it does. With his Word; be it Logos or information... This one would demand further research.

Well then, how come the "poetic verse" is "the holy word of god"? Did god told us the truth about the universe in poetry just to troll us? Or wtf does that even mean?

And it still doesn't answer the flood.
Or the kids eaten by bears for laughing at a prophet... an many, many more completly out-of-ass bullshit parts of bible.

Yet, there are still people like you who do believe that this is somehow the truth.

Absolutely disgusting.

And what "genre" bible has anyway? Sci-fi? Low fantasy? Complete bullshit? And why are you believing that then?

>Well then, how come the "poetic verse" is "the holy word of god"?
Why not? What is wrong with poetry?

Enoch is relevant to the Flood. The oldest book, surviving only in Ethiopia. I have yet to delve deeply into it, but I do believe that the end of Ice age has something to do with it...

Yeah, totally. It would take some evidence, because, these are pretty outrageous claims. I mean, entity capable of creating universes with one single word is also somehow interested in my masturbation habits and likes the smell of burned bovine meat? That's totally making sense.

He also said "do to others as you would do yourself"

Which is basically eye for an eye.

SO - forgiveness is a virtue. But not absolutely necessary.

It should be praised.
But shouldn't be the absolute.

If you have no choice but to fight, you must fight.

Self-destructiveness is the deadly sin of wrath.
Ignorance and tolerance is sloth.

It requires balance.

It means don't be petty not be a cuck

>Yeah, totally. It would take some evidence, because, these are pretty outrageous claims.
Outrageous? Hm. Have you heard of the double slit experiment? The world behaves as a virtual one. youtu.be/DsxA7OU7fR0?t=1m31s

Well, it is difficult to translate and highly open to interpretation, user. How can it be a holy word of god like that?
How can it be law?

Jesus Christ... so you now claim that parts of bible account for a ice age period?
And that humans were building cities (sodom, gomorrath) before that? Man, you Christians are totally deranged or really lacking elementary education.

Whether it's the truth it doesn't matter. The memes matter.

> The world behaves as a virtual one.
> totally proves that god of bible and only god of bible is really

Man, are you retarded?

>Well, it is difficult to translate
Was it meant to be translated? No. It was meant to be spread.
>highly open to interpretation
What is wrong with that? You want an oppressing law above you, controlling your every action?

>Jesus Christ... so you now claim that parts of bible account for a ice age period?
The only period where the flood would have any relevance. The following floods would obviously affect mankind, explaining the flood myths being in numerous civilizations across the globe.

>why did Jesus say to turn the other cheek?
because he wanted people to use emotional assault instead of physical. Christianity is about passive aggression and other emotional assaults and abuse, Judaism is concentrated on vengeance and Islam is concentrated on spreading like a disease.

Because it was written during roman times to support the rule of Constantine.

we have a saying here dont let shitskins fuck ya womenz

This.

>The world behaves as a virtual one.
>totally proves that god of bible and only god of bible is really
Evidence can be evidence even if it merely points in the direction of certain option... How many crime investigators come with 100% proof?

You really want to be spoonfed everything, don't you?

>The Bible claims in the very beginning that Sun is merely a source of light, not a god like in nearly every religion around
>The Bible claims that Words were used to create
>several millenia later people create virtual realities with patterns of information

You'd last about 5 seconds here then m8

It's ok fella check the flag bantz is life

>Well, it still doesn explain how world was created in seven days, how just two people were enough to start a healthy population or how come there is no evidence of global flooding... but yeah, keep your options open. Maybe you should grow a beard and stop eating pork too, just in case.
It doesn't need to. It isn't a scientific document. The entire premise is He created and ordered all of it, with special attention to man(kind).

You can read more into it if you want, it isn't necessary, but it is still consistent if you get over the definition of "day" as it's original Yom, simply meaning "a finite period of time". We even do this with English. "In the day of Joan of Arc". She didn't live for a single day, we understand it referring to a time period.

What's more, a common gripe over the scientific inaccuracy was recently demonstrated to be nonsense. Used to be skeptics would cite verses of plant life beginning on the land as a strike against the Genesis creation story, based on the assumption it began in the seas. Recent fossil evidence points to the Genesis narrative as probably being more accurate, with land plant fossils dating well earlier than it was previously suspected life had even begun in the oceans.

Read the Bible seriously. Not "literally", because do that and you end up with silly readings for "day". Just read it seriously.

>>The Bible claims that Words were used to create
>>several millenia later people create virtual realities with patterns of information

humz really makes you think

>Or the kids eaten by bears for laughing at a prophet.

you just made that up

When he said "turn the other cheek" he meant "be a cheeky cunt m8"

Jews are so vicious that they would start a war or kill someone over something like a slap on the cheek.

Jesus wasnt saying that you shouldnt defend yourself from aggression, he actively evaded the people that hunted him several times. He said that in certain situations it's better to defuse than to escalate, because that's what real peacemakers do.

That's also a powerful propaganda tool, you establish moral superiority over your enemy. Gaius Julius Caesar did that with his famous clemency. A negative example would be Churchill's indiscriminate bombing of civilian targets in WW2 the day he took office, that's the typical abominable anglo-jew behaviour Jesus was fighting against.

Christiancucks took this to extremes like the retards they are. The gospel of christ does not negate your right to self-defense, that's simply a false interpretation.

>And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

>tare

And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

>tare

2 passages with the word tare

>1 post by this ID

I'm Catholic but I've always had trouble with this passage. Seems like Trudeau-tier logic to me

"Spread the other cheek and back that ass up" Jesus Christ