Be honest Sup Forums. Let's put Marvel aside for a second. Are you really happy with the how the DCeU turned out...

Be honest Sup Forums. Let's put Marvel aside for a second. Are you really happy with the how the DCeU turned out? Do two middling movies that "look nice", and one of the worst movies of all time (Suicide Squad) really do these characters justice (no pun intended)?

Why is it so hard for people to acknowledge that these movies have serious problems?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
youtube.com/watch?v=DcU8wPP5Oh4
youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1ZAtoErQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you have to go back

acknowledging flaws is the first step towards admitting inferiority so brandwarring retards can't do it

>We will never get a true to form Justice League movie
>For the next ten years we'll have the fucked Snyderverse until the film bubble explodes

I mean, did anyone really think Batman could beat Superman?

Why can't they just make a great noir Batman movie, where he actually does detective work with inner monolgues? Why does every movie involve him beating people mercilessly when he only fights like 45% of the time in comics?

>Are you really happy with the how the DCeU turned out?
I really fucking wish we got a good edit of Suicide Squad.

Yes I am someone who really likes the casting of Jared Leto as Joker but the dialogue he was given wasn't that good and the editing no doubt ruined what could have been a decent movie.

To me if they bring Jared Leto back as the Joker, have it that he rips off the DAMAGED tattoo on his forehead and mails it to Batman or something.

I so wish they had done a Harley and Joker movie first. But then I also wish they had done Man of Steel 2 and the Batman movie first before BvS.

WHY did WB have to rush the movie and cram so much in BvS and so much in Suicide Squad??

As far as things go for Justice League, I am not really excited to see it. The trailer looks bland and I am not a fan of the quips. I prefer the tone that BvS had which was basically the same tone Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had YET the critics call BvS too dark and say that is why the movie failed... no the movie had too much crammed in and if they had done a MoS 2 and The Batman first believe me people would have liked it more and it would have made sense to then kill Superman off showing people respecting Superman more in MoS 2 and then everyone crowded around Superman's memorial would have made more sense.

I see not much hope for the DCEU at the moment until the Batman movie releases but that won't be until 2019 or 2020 so a long time still.

>Are you really happy with the how the DCeU turned out?

Nope.

>Do two middling movies that "look nice", and one of the worst movies of all time (Suicide Squad) really do these characters justice (no pun intended)?

This is by far my biggest problem with the DCEU, they seem to get every character horribly wrong

>Superman has the charm and personality of a rock
>Batman is a psychopath who lets his emotions control him
>Wonder Woman is an unattractive, uncharismatic skeleton with a bad accent
>Flash seems to be "le epic nerd guy" who always makes pop culture references
>Aquaman and Cyborg seem to share the same problems that Superman has, this will probably be the same with Shazam.

It's kinda sad we will never see a proper adaptation of the Justice League, it just seems to be getting worse and worse. Snyder just simply doesn't understand any of the characters.

>MCUck had to make a new thread after getting BTFO in the previous one
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I literally said "put Marvel aside", because I happen to be a diehard DC fan who doesn't care for Marvel. I did not make a previous thread, I just want to know if actual DC fans can talk about the DCeU critically without resorting to name dropping Marvel (something I asked not to do in the OP). Thanks for the input

How did the DCAU do a better job at building a universe?

They did have the advantage of being multiple series, yes, but even one episode of any DCAU show had more sense of an overarching universe than either Marvel or the DCEU.

All these years I wanted a Batman Beyond live action movie, but the way the DCEU is being handled has turned me off it.

OP's pic is exactly what they should have done to introduce the Justice League.

They shouldn't have done a stock standard origins movie, the DCCU needed something different. They should've done Kingdom Come, where it's set in an alternate future where the Justice League was already established, and has already fallen apart, but they're coming together again to deal with the threat of their own kind, not some extraterrestrial alien character like every other goddamn movie.

It also would've been the perfect jumping in point for Captain Marvel, with the whole redemption arc thing, because his origin movie is gonna be cheesy and terrible.

But no, DC is perfectly happy with retarded movie after movie which are just Frankensteining the "good bits" of popular comic arcs together to form clusterfucks. There really is no saving this mess.

>Superman has the charm and personality of a rock
My favorite part of Superman is when he is talking to Lois in MoS in pic related. He actually has some charisma to his voice and seems very confident.

THIS IS THE SUPERMAN I WANTED HENREY CAVILL TO BE!

I already argued why I think Superman in the DCEU has so many problems yesterday so putting it lightly I said:
>His parents gave him horrible advice of letting the people on the bus die instead of him saving them
>Martha tells Superman that he owes the world nothing which is absolutely pathetic. He is Superman and yes DOES need to take care of the world. Maybe this is a Jesus reference Snyder did with the temptation of Jesus doubting himself but then showing this scene in BvS is wrong and this scene should have been in a Man of Steel 2 where Superman questions himself but when BvS comes around, he is confident as ever whilst Batman still hates him as Superman tries to prove to Batman he is worthy or something like that. Would have been way better than the movie we got

I still believe the reason Superman screams when he kills Zod is because he realizes he has just killed the only person he can relate to and now he is stuck with humans on Earth who he cannot relate to at all. He even tells Lois "Superman was never real" in a scene in BvS which proves that Superman does not want to be the savior that his true father kept thinking he would be.

In the end, Snyder's Superman is a Superman who doesn't want to be a savior, and he freaks out and decides to destroy the world when Lois dies.

Yes. I'm more than happy with it.

More like "Batman is whatever the film makers think will net them the most money/audience reactions/etc"

Batman went from die hard killer to a quirky quipster in a matter of one film. Anyone who cant see how this is a major problem is blinded by sheer want for the the movies to be good

Yeah bullshit you were shilling so hard for Civil War until you got exposed. Bitch fag.

user you are mistaken. Badly. Add to the discussion or leave, no one here has any intent of bringing up Marvel

There is already a thread up. You got destroyed already. This conversation already took place. Why did you make a new thread?

Again, only thread that was made by me. I just want a discussion from purely the DC side, from actual DC fans. Not everything has an agenda

Because you know how shit Marvel looks in comparison to DC. You would rather have a circlejerk shitting on DC because you got shat on hard the previous thread for wanting Marvel with Superman.

I want to say something on top of this.

The reason why Batman vs Superman was a highly requested and adored fight was because the two are both heroes but with different methods and motivations. Batman fights crime because his entire life was shattered because of crime, through his parents and city. Meanwhile, Superman fights crime because Earth became his home and humans became his family, he is doing it to save "his" people.

But no, both are moody fucks in this movie.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT are the DC fanboys really fucking pathetic?

SO MUCH good information on why the DCEU is failing has been displayed in this thread and all they can say is "MARVELFAGS".

Do you people ever actually listen to criticisms and then try to argue against them?

Can you read this image and try to debunk all these points without just spazzing out and saying "MARVELKEK HERE GO AWAY THIS MOVIE IS PERFECT AND U DONT UNDERSTAND IT"

HOLY FUCK. Is this what triggered, buttmad assholes do? Come into a thread and derail it saying "NICE JOB IN THE OTHER THREAD"

Legitimately not the OP of any other thread, I made this thread to have a constructive thread about whether or not people who like DC are happy with how things turned out. IT HAS NOTHIG TO DO WITH ANY OTHER THREADS OR MARVEL. I'm not wasting another reply on this shit

>putting yourself in a screencap after getting destroyed
lmao marvelcucks not even once

And just as an aside, look at the image number under the picture in the OP, go back to whatever thread youre talking about and compare. You stupid fucking moron

>each one minute apart

hahahahahahahaha

Sup Forums was destroyed by the same thing, Sup Forums was already a shit hole but whatever, constant fanboy whines about some other company when not everyone is in either camp.

There were so many different ways they could've done the DCEU, one of which being not to use the Doomsday plot points in a fucking Batman v Superman movie.

>Meanwhile, Superman fights crime because Earth became his home and humans became his family
You see, this is entierely the opposite. Superman doesn't consider humanity his knew home. He is a sad lonely kid who is depressed that he killed Zod and now has to walk amongst humans.

He destroys a military satellite at the end of MoS and threatens the military to not spy on him.

This is an unstable Superman who when Lois Lane dies, he becomes literally Hitler and gets a group of soldiers with Superman badges on their arms (like the Nazi uniform) as he assigns them to kill remaining humans.

Also, remember when everyone discussed pic related so much when it was in the trailer and guess what... Snyder gave us NO BACKGROUND TO THIS EVENT. It was just a 5 minute scene and then it ended...

This is why the critics call BvS a random movie with random events that don't fully explain any meaning behind what is happening in the scene.

Hey user look there are STILL people not understanding how to properly fucking debate
once again I am called a marvelcuck when I CLEARLY put forth my points to why I have problems with BvS

Is it just me or are these people fucking insane?

I have written paragraphs of my problems and they give me the same response every time

>Batman went from die hard killer to a quirky quipster in a matter of one film.

Yeah i noticed that too in both trailers, both interpretations are wrong. Batman is not a psycho and he's not a quirky dad, im not asking to make an exact adaptation of these characters, i just want them to actually understand the characters and not write them like they come from some edgy fan fiction..

I was more talking about Superman in general and not in these movies.

It's an interesting take on Superman, but you have got to ease people into this idea.

Man of Steel was mediocre, Batman v Superman is, honestly, one of the best superhero movies ever made and Suicide Squad was like a scientific experiment to capture all the things you shouldn't do in an action movie.

You put your arguments forth every day, for days on end for months now. And they get debunked every time only for you to return the day after as nothing happened. This is why nobody bothers with your dumb concern trolling anymore. Nobody falls for it anymore.

It might've worked with the right setup, but these feel very rushed in terms of writing and character development.

Saying its one of the best super hero movies is pure conjecture. WHAT makes it good? Because all I see is fanboys saying "ITS GOOD" while the people that dislike it actually have arguments and valid opinions

>but these feel very rushed in terms of writing and character development.

Fuck, i meant these FILMS feel rushed in terms of writing and character development

>Why the Martha scene is terrible edited and why critics and majority laugh at it for failing to capture the true emotion it was intended to do

Snyder spent how long watching an editor edit that scene and not once thought of anyway to improve it? For a visual director, Snyder slacked off with the Martha scene and here this is how he could have made the Martha scene actually decent:

>When Batman is standing over Superman, flash to white and replace Batman to be Bruce's parents killers and then flash to white and replace Superman to be Bruce's mother on the ground. This way Batman realizes he has become just like the killer who killed his parents.

>Cut to dialogue of Alfred about "Good men becoming cruel" as it then cuts to footage of Superman saving people that we saw at the beginning of the movie

Batman now realizes he is making a mistake by killing Superman and the reason he stops isn't just because their mother has the same name which is how the horribly edited approved Snyder version makes it out to be.

If David Lynch had directed this scene, he would have made it extremely brilliant with horror images of Bruce realizing he has become the parents killer with Superman's face transforming into Martha.

>a good edit of Suicide Squad
shuuuuut the fuck up.There is no good version of that movie.Your just letting corporations meme you you fucking sycophant.

>but these feel very rushed in terms of writing and character development.
THAT'S MY POINT!

Snyder fucked up by not doing a Man of Steel 2 and The Batman first before BvS

>There is no good version of that movie
Yes there is
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks

youtube.com/watch?v=DcU8wPP5Oh4

So much content still needs to be added to make another extended cut to properly fix up Harley and Joker

Taking itself seriously and trying to have actual themes and allusions and shit without sharing Nolans strict obsession with being grounded and realistic. Which, by the way, also ruined Inception.

>Implying the scene with Harley, a psychiatrist, Tom Cruise riding a motorocycle and drifting off of it isnt actual cancer
>Implying that scene with the Joker and the truck driver isnt fucking cringetastic

No. It was ot good in any capacity. HUNKA HUNKA will haunt this franchise for all time

Man of Steel is a masterpiece
BvS the ultimate edition was fine
Suicide Squad was fun but w mess...would have preferred the original Ayers cut

Wish they were more successful so WB could take more chances on weirder properties

Suicide Squad is by far miles better than BvS (the original cut I am stating not the WB pop cut)

Maybe not exactly how you described, but yeah, Snyder should ahev used some DIRECTING to put his point across.

>Snyder fucked up by not doing a Man of Steel 2 and The Batman first before BvS

Yeah, a different writer and director might've pulled it off, instead we got this trainwreck..

The original cut didn't have Joker say HONKA HONKA

See

MCUcks still this butthurt BvS was kino while all they have is Russo and Wahili garbage.

>b-but we're not Marvel drones promiseeee
It's OK, I'd be mad for months too.

>Superman is a sad lonely kid
So basically silver /Bronze Age Superman

Nice job offering an opinion on a character you don't know anything about.

Atleast they are original works, there is a lot of passion in the films and it's interesting to see if it pays off as a meta narrative while watching a DC movie.

MCU is just straight garbage, It's made for the same people who enjoy nickleback and league of legends, fucking brazilians or other third worlders or stupid women who don't know better.

>Talks about Marvel being butthurt
>Only people bringing up Marvel are the butthurt fanboys who cant handle the fact that their movies arent up to par with the god tier comics

Its a self ful-shilling prophecy

Further proof people cant defend the DCeU without bringing up Marvel

STOP BRINGING UP MARVEL kek you people can't read the OP?

>the fucking Martha twist
>good
>ever

The original cut would still have been a mess. There is no way to salvage that movie, nor BvS

>Nice job offering an opinion on a character you don't know anything about.
I don't read the comics but watching Man of Steel and BvS, I literally just outlined how Superman is in those movies.

Face the truth and stop getting sad with facts

You're not half as subtle or clever as you think you are.

Why are you so triggered at the mention of Marvel being utter shit? We should appreciate DC for not being as much of an absolute clusterfuck. They did that right. Avoided the MCU cancer.

Hehe I just trolled U

Capeshit is trash, kill yourself for even caring about this topic

>The original cut would still have been a mess.
It at least had Joker brutally kill some people and actually make his scenes seem a little more long rather than just 1 minute scenes placed randomly in the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1ZAtoErQM

>Atleast they are original works, there is a lot of passion in the films

Are you sure about that? Because BvS felt like another soulless cashgrab, hell, the movie even stops for a minute just so they can set up the sequel..

Because the OP clearly says "marvel aside" and the rabid fuckboys just can't help themselves

Because OP knows that Marvel is so dog shit that he wants to tunnel the conversation into only SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT DC WHILE IGNORING THE WORLD AROUND YOU thread.

Sorry bud. Marvel is shit. And DC deserves props for not being the same cancer-infested ass stain MCU is.

>Original works
>BvS had teaser trailers for movies to come opened mid movie

These Marvel shills tend to copy criticism against Marvel and then apply it to DC films.

This is straight up copied from a recent Civil War thread (because it actually applies to CW). I'm starting to think it's either brain-dead third-worlders making these threads or elaborate bots.

>15 pesos have been deposited into your bank account

Why do people even choose sides? I grew up with Marvel AND DC, as did mostly everybody else here. I want both companies to make good movies. The problem is, under Synder's direction, DC is 0 for 2 in good Superman movies and 0 for 1 in good Batman movies. I didn't even watch Suicide Squad, because the editing, from what little of it I saw, was horrendous.

It has to be said that David S. Goyer is a fucking hack. He got lucky being paired with the Nolan's. Everything else he has done is shit.

OP mentioned Marvel in the first sentence you droolng retard

Yeah I'm a huge DC fan and DCEU sucks and so does Snyder and fuck yes Disney rocks! Takiki going to make CAPEKINO HAHA REKT DC

To me, BvS would have been AMAZING if the movie ended after Batman saved Martha.

GET RID OF FUCKING DOOMSDAY AND THE WHOLE 3RD ACT WITH WONDER WOMAN!

People call BvS some type of unique movie but they literally follow the Marvel genre by ending the movie with a giant CGI fight fest.

Or maybe they could have ended it with Batman actually killing Superman. Imagine sitting in the theater and it cuts to black as the spear jams down Superman's throat and then next scene is Superman's funeral as Bruce is just standing back watching everyone before walking off as it cuts to Alfred sitting sad in the office thinking what has Bruce done. Suddenly it cuts to black as it has a close up of Bruce looking terrified surrounded by blackness...
the Giant Bat returns as it brutally eats Bruce -
representing that Bruce has finally become the demon he has fears. Cut to credits

>This is straight up copied from a recent Civil War thread (because it actually applies to CW).

Has it never ocurred to you that maybe the DCEU and the MCU are no different and that they're both mediocre cashgrabs so they can make more sequels?

They are completely different. And you hate that they are. You hate that MCU is infantile garbage for kids and you're just a manchild clinging on to a cartoon movie while Snyder's films are actual films. Stay mad Marvel drone.

Fuck man, that would've been great.

Everyone brings up how good the symbolism is in this film but nothing ever relates to Bruce ever thinking about his actions.

>Yeah I'm a huge DC fan and DCEU sucks

Yes, it is actually possible to like DC and hate the DCEU. There is no paradox in that sentiment.

I still think that the DCAU has been the best non-comic version of the DC characters.

Just like the Marvel Animated shows from years back were the best Marvel stuff sans Raimi's Spiderman and number 2... and Blade too I guess.

Nice uninformed opinion

I bet you think Pa Kent wanted the kids on the bus to die
Try watching a movie with your Autism glasses off

Batman vs Superman was poop.
Suicide Squad can't even be called poop because it would be insulting to poop.
Man of Steel sort of worked for me, I don't know why but I liked it.

Jessie Eisenberg's version of Lex Luthor though, I mean what the fuck?

Superman Returns is almost unwatchable but Kevin Spacey is way better as Lex Luthor. I sort of wish they would have recast Spacey as Luthor but then the studios wouldn't have been guaranteed to have a young Lex Luthor in the next 25 scheduled Superman movies they have planned but unwritten.

So does Snyder have footage of all the execs killing/fucking underage taiwanese ladyboys?
That seems to be the only reason why he wasn't let go

Hey OP I fixed that for ya.

Thats not half bad, could've worked and fit in nicely with bruce's nightmares

>They are completely different.

Im sorry but they're not, SS, WW and the JL trailers just proves this even more, they're adding quips to the films, they are pretty much the same shit now.

>To me, BvS would have been AMAZING if the movie ended after Batman saved Martha.

No, the movie was pretty fucking garbage even before the giant goblin came in. Superman was boring and unlikable; Batman was evil and unlikable. Lex's overly-complicated machinations served no purpose half the time (e.g., the Middle East incident, the entire Batman branding criminals subplot, and blowing up a Congressional building).

The movie was irredeemable far before Doomsday showed up.

The difference between Marvel and DC is that one can watch a movie like Dr Strange and go "oh that was...forgettable" but still be mildly entertained for an evening.

It's because no one gives an actual fuck about 90% of Marvels characters.

When one watches something like Suicide Squad and has to sit through "THIS IS KATAWNA" and "HONKA HONKA" with characters like the fucking JOKER that are beloved and acclaimed, it's fucking embarassing.

Watching Batman say "I'm rich" in the Justice League trailer before that fucking corny song came on made me almost keel over.

Batman is BATMAN. He deserves a better movie universe.

You've never seen the original cut you fucking dumbshit.

Actual viral marketing

>I can't refute this so let me make a le contrived el statemento

I don't think it would've saved the movie completely but it would've been better than what we got as a third act

Tell me what is wrong about liking DC in general but not the DCEU?

Because DC has the better comics, even after the horrible start to New 52, and pretty much everything else.

But the DCEU rubs me the wrong way, just like the MCU after Avengers. Fuck DCEU using the death of superman that fucking early and fuck MCU for ruining characters into quip machines, especially Ultron.

>WHY did WB have to rush the movie and cram so much in BvS and so much in Suicide Squad??
This is what happens when you eschew artistic integrity to chase a business model a competitor recently had success in.

No, to the corporate fanboys out there I am not saying Marvel had more artistic merit.

Can you please provide proof that there is a wide-spread conspiracy by Disney to attack and discredit the DCEU? Why do movies like Lego Batman get good reviews, but BvS and SS get shit on? Is Disney only paying people to hate on specific Warner Bros productions?

You sound like a 9/11 or Moon Landing conspiracy theorist.

This is one of the most sane things said in this entire thread.

DC is a higher standard, watching them flop around while Marvel makes competent normie shit is infuriating.

ADAPT THE COURT OF OWLS, ADAPT YEAR ONE. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE ONE MOVIE IN. My God.

That's the thing, DC's characters are that known that they could've adapted any story and people would be ok with it having no continuity with other DC films. I would prefer that.

>but still be mildly entertained for an evening.
Are you 12 or a geniune Marvel shill?

>Marvel movies are forgettable, yet competently made and entertaining afternoon viewing made with characters no ones knows or cares about
>DC movies are gross flanderizations of characters that are universally loved, and shift tone and artistic integrity based on critic feedback and what will make the most money

i find it curious how "I'am very smart" anons will defend these movies to no end just because Snyder put a few religous metaphors, philosophy and symbolism in them.

It's almost like an fail-safe for his movies being shit.;

The bad scrip dosn't matter, poorly developed characters, bland cinematography, weird ass decisions by the characters, because that one shot is suppose to be Jesus looking down at people, don't you see? Or Superman dad's sacrificing himself represents "blabla". You'll have these guys write like 10k essays about how something that felt really poor and bland in the movie actually is good becaus - symbolism - and you just don't get it.

It's really uncanny, never seen anything like it before to such a degree.

And finally you have the "le'marvel conspiracy". Honestly the marveldrones (that will defend anything marvel, i mean) are just normie fanboys that have shit taste, DCucks/fans are delusional plebs that think they're some kind of clever, outsider patricians that sees some grandeur everyone else just arent clever enough to get

Is your next post gonna be in full spanish Pedro?
I can tell you are flustered

Lego Batman isn't MCU. It's pretty obvious there are viral marketers making star wars threads, MCU threads. There are marketing companies specifically focusing on impersonating real opinions of people, Sup Forums is a prime target as it's one of the largest sites and people trust you from your first post. Disney products are shilled most blatantly, the MCU is a cashcow so obviously they'll put down the DCEU.

>Batman is BATMAN. He deserves a better movie universe.
We'll always have Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and to a marginally lesser extent Batman 1989.

Hello? I asked you a question. Are you 12 or a geniune Marvel shill to have been entertained by Dr Strange? Hello???

I'm someone who enjoys superhero/comic shit you fucking autismo. Watching an episode of Daredevil on my lunch break and saying "hm that was pretty good" is what Marvel movies/shows are meant to do. They play it safe. I don't remember 97% of any of it because its basically well made shlock.
DC has the opposite problem, they play t fast and loose and make poor made shlock that destroys love for characters like fucking SUPERMAN.

So... you are not going to answer the question then?

What is wrong about someone liking DC in general but not the DCEU?

>muh fandom
You don't belong here, all capeshit is trash but the DCEU gives some decent gaffs
You sound like a muslim, "don't depict superman incorrectly or I'll behead you!"

Hey spico, your shill is showing.

Basically you are a giant manchild who spergs out the moment someone breaks Marvel's tired Iron Man formula.

Got it. Stick to MCU.