How old were you when you realized that the British Empire was the greatest civilization to ever grace God's green earth

How old were you when you realized that the British Empire was the greatest civilization to ever grace God's green earth

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore
youtube.com/watch?v=IzRhFH5OyHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was the last hurrah of the White man

george washington is rolling in his grave OP

unironically about 3 or 4

The founders left because Parliament wasn't being British enough

ugly women though

I don't know, are you technically zero when you're born?

Dieu et mon droit

In the 1700s, the British became addicted to Chinese tea, simultaneously they took over the Indian peninsula against the wishes of its native people. A few years later they realized India was an unprofitable venture, so they realized they had to extract some money from it. So, they took opium an extremely powerful drug from India and sold it in China against the laws of china. When the Chinese authorities had the audacity to try to stop the British from violating their sovereignty and act as history's greatest drug kingpins within their borders, they used this as an excuse to invade China multiple times, force the Chinese to pay for the honor of being invaded, and stole territory after territory from China.
And the British called themselves civilized for doing so.

If they didn't want to get invaded then they shouldn't have been weak fucks

>country prides it's self on being the most powerful country for the last 5000 years
>gets demolished by island apes

So might equals right then? So the British Empire was justified when they invaded the US and burnt down the White House?
No matter how much you worship your former white masters, they'll never accept you. Either way, the British "civilized" Empire acted in an extremely immoral and barbaric way.
I'd like to see the British try the same thing in the 21st century. They couldn't even hold onto a tiny little island under the Iron Lady.

The colonies would have rejoined Britain with greater autonomy and representation if it hadn't been for those meddling kikes from MassiveJewShits

lol

>The colonies would have rejoined Britain with greater autonomy and representation
Would you agree to the US becoming a part of this glorious empire? General Washington would be ashamed of you.
And Hong Kong did not ever belong to Britain, it rightfully belonged to China, and the UK had no say in its sovereignty.
>those meddling kikes
Actually, it was the Brits realizing they could possibly defend HK from the People's Liberation Army that led them to give HK back. There were no mystical Jews pulling the strings.
Stop being a cuck for our former imperial oppressors. The British did unspeakable things to the American people as well as peoples across the world.
>taking pride in barbaric shit white men did over 150 years ago
The British government of the 19th century was the most ruthless and amoral in recent history, hardly better than Genghis Khan.
I dare ask you, do you think the British could replicate such a victory in 2017? The days of British glory are very far away in the past now. You all couldn't even keep HK in 97. Thatcher's knees buckled when 1.5 meter tall Deng Xiaoping told her the Chinese could take HK back tomorrow back in 84.

Oh and also
>would
That would imply most former British imperial subjects would have preferred to stay in the Empire. As multiple anti-British rebellions and independence wars have shown, most residents of former territories wanted to be free of British rule.

>The British government of the 19th century was the most ruthless and amoral in recent history, hardly better than Genghis Khan.
Wrong. Which former Crown possession do you hail from, my friend?

>General Washington would be ashamed of you.
Literally all of the Founders except for the (((Merchants))) from Baltimore and Boston were pro-British and were assblasted because Parliament wouldn't return to the status quo after the 7 years war. If the merchants hadn't kept the war going for so long and purposefully ruined any chance we had at reconcilliation then most of them would have been happy to return to the British fold

Massachusetts weakened Britain and forever doomed the white man

Actually it's very right. It would take many hours to go into detail on every single massacre and violation of national sovereignty, as well as just plain drug smuggling 100s of times larger scale than El Chapo. The United States of America, celebrating 240+years of being away from Westminster's tyranny.
Stop being a god damn anglo cuck. The perfidious Albion have been sowing seeds of wrath across the world for centuries. Go live in the UK if you like em so much.
>pro-british
>washington
>the leader of the continental army
Woah, this historical revisionism is delicious.

>the founders were upset because Parliament wasn't acting British enough
>obviously they were anti-British
Fuck off back to your shitty little island O'Paddigan

I'm guessing India

>So the British Empire was justified when they invaded the US and burnt down the White House?
the fuck

>O'Paddigan
*buzz* WRONG.
The Parliament had and agreement with America and then went back on it. They encroached on our autonomy and acted like assholes generally speaking.
*buzz* also WRONG
I'm from the USA, and you can git out if you like the Brits so much.

>our autonomy
>our
your family wasn't even here bitchboy

>our autonomy
t. American since 1965

And you're right, they fought because they wanted Parliament to back off, not because they wanted the British out. Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were probably the biggest teaboos in American history

>So the British Empire was justified when they invaded the US and burnt down the White House?
the USA hunts terrorists and traitors halfway across the world, so did we. how is it diffrerent from attacking the house of osama?

Do you not know your own country's history? Do they not teach you in school about all the invasions, burning, pillaging and what not? In the War of 1812, the British so politely came back to North America and burned down the White House.
Regardless if my ancestors were here in 1776 or not (most Americans are descended from post independence immigrants anyway) I am an American and I identify with my country nationality, of birth, my parents' birth, where my family has lived for the better part of a century. So yeah, our autonomy. And you're again not answering my arguments.
t. American since 1965
Again, not an argument.
Parliament's agreement with us WAS PRECISELY to back off from American internal affairs and they DIDN'T. They clamped down on us until our forefathers could not stand it anymore.
>Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were probably the biggest teaboos
Not an argument. I drink tea, I do not care for the Albion. And obviously you do not know enough about Franklin and Jefferson to know they vastly preferred the French over the British. Jefferson was the freaking leader of the pro-French faction in pre- and post- independence America.
>the USA hunts terrorists and traitors halfway across the world, so did we. how is it diffrerent from attacking the house of osama?
And I vehemently disagree with my own country's imperialist foreign policy. The fact that the US took over from Britain the position of global hegemon is quite lamentable, and General Washington would have also been completely against it. Look up his farewell address of 1799. TLDR: he was against foreign entanglements.

Make America British Colony Again

>British Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore

Make Britain Great Again

>Do you not know your own country's history?
Not only did *YOU* start the War of 1812 you nutty bellend but you'd invaded Canada and torched York (now Toronto) to the ground over a year prior. Where on Earth are you getting your facts from?

Reaction images do not constitute an argument.
NEVER, 1776 FOREVER!
Lol, the British in all their glory got fucking wrecked by a country that fifty years prior didn't even have electricity. The Brits were already in decline by the 30's.
>Since the outbreak of war with Napoleonic France, Britain had enforced a naval blockade to choke off neutral trade to France, which the United States contested as illegal under international law. To man the blockade, Britain impressed American merchant sailors into the Royal Navy. Incidents such as the Chesapeake–Leopard Affair inflamed anti-British sentiment.
Hmmmmmm, really makes you thank, don't it?

>Reaction images do not constitute an argument.
neither does your autistic screeching

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=IzRhFH5OyHo
DEATH TO ALL BRITISH IMPERIALISTS!
I'm presenting actual arguments here. If you don't like it, then frig off.

>I'm presenting actual arguments here. If you don't like it, then frig off.

Reminds me of the tacitus quote on the Romans "Where they make a desert they call it peace."

Respond to the arguments, mane.
Yep, that's basically the logic of legitimizing British, or really any country's imperialism. Suppressing the local population by any means possible until they give up resisting = creating peace.

Start making arguments fagboi

I already made arguments in previous posts, then you got autismal and started posting reaction images coupled with greentext. Go back to the previous posts and reply then. Or just don't.

American culture is literally an offshoot of English culture. America is the new England.

>I already made arguments in previous posts, then you got autismal and started posting reaction images coupled with greentext. Go back to the previous posts and reply then. Or just don't.

>They clamped down on us until our forefathers could not stand it anymore.
It wasn't really that they wanted to rebelled as the majority where still pro british (specially the south), rebellion was far from it, they wanted to make the british stop being assholes toward the coloniest when they refuse to help pay for the french/indian war, but it became tit for tat with the bongs going apeshit and the colonist doubling down on it.

Then it became ye old vietnam war for the bongs when they try to fight the colonists.

This thread proves why Anglos are despicable. Danes should have killed all the vermins when they cucked them

American culture has been separate from England for almost two and a half centuries now. Our political systems are quite divorced. Presidential and Westminster Parliamentary systems are vastly different. Maybe at the beginning we were very similar, but we've already been evolving so differently since the 1770's, you can hardly call American culture just a simple direct descendent or sister culture. Cowboys, rock and roll, Hollywood, car culture, egalitarianism and anti-elitism. America has become something very, very different from little England.

>Maybe at the beginning we were very similar
In some small ways yes, but the founding fathers where so traumatize by the buttrape old king george that they avoid anything to do with the british political system. That meant more power to states and no federal governenment to speak off.
Only reason that didn't became the way was due to Washington having fight a war with retards in congress being indecisive fucks that they kept withholding supplies/money for the army, he focus on having a stronger federal government after the war.

You are clearly very deluded and have zero clue what you're talking about, since you're quoting from wikipedo try reading the full article:
>On June 1, 1812, President James Madison sent a message to Congress recounting American grievances against Great Britain, though not specifically calling for a declaration of war. After Madison's message, the House of Representatives deliberated for four days behind closed doors before voting 79 to 49 (61%) in favor of the first declaration of war. The Senate concurred in the declaration by a 19 to 13 (59%) vote in favour. The conflict began formally on June 18, 1812, when Madison signed the measure into law and proclaimed it the next day.[14]
>[...]
>Earlier in London on May 11, an assassin had killed Prime Minister Spencer Perceval, which resulted in Lord Liverpool coming to power. Liverpool wanted a more practical relationship with the United States. On June 23, he issued a repeal of the Orders in Council, but the United States was unaware of this, as it took three weeks for the news to cross the Atlantic.[72] On June 28, 1812, HMS Colibri was despatched from Halifax under a flag of truce to New York. On July 9, she anchored off Sandy Hook, and three days later sailed on her return with a copy of the declaration of war, in addition to transporting the British ambassador to the United States, Mr. Foster and consul, Colonel Barclay. She arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia eight days later. The news of the declaration took even longer to reach London.
This led to an American invasion of both Upper and Lower Canada (not for the first time either) that was largely repulsed and driven into retreat by 1814. That is the fact of what happened, it's not a matter of argument or debate.

I never said we hated the British to the core, but they treated us like shit from the 1760's on. They pushed Americans and pushed and pushed until they couldn't take it anymore, and they decided to completely divorce from the British Empire. I mean it's right in there in the Declaration of Independence, we wanted nothing to do with Britain from 76 onward:
>When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them
>when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government...
None of this changes the fact that Britain was using its naval force to stop peaceful trade of neutral powers with France, and imprisoning American sailors to be used in their anti-French meat grinder.

>They pushed Americans and pushed and pushed until they couldn't take it anymore
No, they pushed and we pushed back and they pushed and we pushed back until the war. Btw, when the continental congress come together, more than half where not aware they where going to sign a rebellion against the british empire (if they knew, the people that organized it knew the meeting would had imploded). And some did walked out. People where very divided about the whole issue.

It was good but not that good
Roman Empire is still the best

And it was in the Americans' right to push back because they were being unduly punished. There was only ever division because people knew the British would be willing to shed a lot of blood to retain their position of power, and yet sill, at the end of the debate the large majority of representatives voted in favor of independence. And as the war happened, the American people were united in their common goal for freedom, so much so that after the war they kicked out the cowardly traitors to the cause into the northern, frozen wasteland of "loyalists", known as Canada. I guess that explains why they're such weak cunts up north.

>this buttblasted paddy

Not an argument, and stop being a cuck for the Anglos, again.

>paddy """argumentation"""

Whatever may have been to cause is irrelevant. The Americans started the war, staged the first invasion and even torched the first capitol building (the Palace of Parliament in York). How is this not getting through to you?

>unduly punished
it all started with the french/indian war and someone had to pay money wise for it. If you think it was unduly for the colonist having to pay for it is up to you.

>There was only ever division because people knew the British would be willing to shed a lot of blood to retain their position of power
Part of it, other big part was the financial impact it would have since britain was the biggest trade partner and the vast majority of the senators where wealthy landowners, specially in the southern colonies with so many british loyalist might lead to a mini civil war (which it did, probably the most brutal part of the war where the majority of atrocities where committed by both sides) and the dependence it had with britain on its cotton/tobacco trade.

There was also the ones that believe the constitution was terrible since it talked nothing of individual rights (bill of rights was later added on) and thought they where replacing one tyrant government for another one or put too much power on the federal government.

You think too much about the war of independence like a middle school kid.

>Whatever may have been to cause is irrelevant.
>The Americans started the war
*buzz* WRONG, classic British deflection. Start a conflict with another people, they take action, then blame them for the war. The Albion did this in America, in China, India, Africa, across the world. Anglo trickery is without bounds.
The US only got angry when the British, against all international law, used military force to prohibit trade between two other nations, one of which had no position on the French-Anglo War and then through their wanton aggression kidnapped American sailors to use in their unholy war. If the Eternal Anglo had not done this, there would not have been a War of 1812.
None of this invalidates the American Revolution. Obviously there were divides in the front, but altogether they agreed to kick out the Albion. And they succeeded.

On a semi-related note, let's talk about another incident of British magnanimity.
>During the Second Boer War (1899-1902), the British rounded up around a sixth of the Boer population - mainly women and children - and detained them in camps, which were overcrowded and prone to outbreaks of disease, with scant food rations.
>Of the 107,000 people interned in the camps, 27,927 Boers died, along with an unknown number of black Africans.
Brits don't care if you're black, white, yellow. If you stand in their way, they will massacre you. Any "promise" they make, they will break.

>but altogether they agreed to kick out the Albion
I don't you fully grasp how indecisive they where and how close it was for the whole project to sink. You ignore that fact, you ignore a large part of the reasoning behind the war and why they even sign the constitution in the first place.

>they succeeded.
Half, the other half was outside powers (specially the french pretty much sinking bong ships carrying soldiers/supplies) meddling and the other half was vietcong war tactics used by the colonist when they kept getting their ass handed trying to fight the british on fair terms. Majority of big battle victories where toward the end of the war.

>I don't you fully grasp how indecisive they where and how close it was for the whole project to sink
In the end they agreed, that is what's important.
>outside powers (specially the french pretty much sinking bong ships carrying soldiers/supplies) meddling
Well gosh, obviously a previously non-existent country bringing together a makeshift army, obviously it's not going to be extremely adept against the most powerful nation on Earth. Towards the middle and end though, the Continental Army became bona fide quality fighting force.
>vietcong war tactics
All is justified in the fight against the eternal Anglo t-b-h. Long live 1776!