“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

>“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_GOR5gvQwDI
youtu.be/YdH3BQ6rWMw?t=78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mumbling to yourself
What's his endgame

I'm an atheist, yet I can seemingly empathize with Jesus.

Every time I watch "The Passion of the Christ," I cry on Jesus's behalf, and it never fails. It's like his story however true, or untrue, is sad to the core, and what they did to him was wrong.

Your salvation, so show some respect.

REDS IN BEACE GEEZUS :DDDD

That's because Jesus is essentially The Golden Rule. It's an idea that predates Jesus. You can find it in Buddhism.

It's common sense, treat others as you would be treated.

The church(s) is responsible for executions over superstition and proscribing bad advice for billions of people.

It's "They know not what they do", you fucking plebian

It's because he was ultimately just some dude who said people should be nice to one another.

As a fedora myself I still can't empathize here. I guess I struggle understanding the situation. Jesus is the son of God but also God himself. Everything that happens in Jesus' life is God's plan, literally every detail is crucial to humanity's salvation down to the resurrection.

So outside of watching a person get tortured to death, the plot of the Gospels leaves little to empathize with.

>letting his emotions based on film characters mold his perspective

Pleb

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yep, that's me. I guess you're wondering how I got into this situation.
*cut to a shot of young jesus walking the halls of his high school*
* youtube.com/watch?v=_GOR5gvQwDI starts playing*

>his dad creates all humans as sinners
>his dad demands that humans spend their lives begging to be forgiven for the sins he gave them
>sends his son to Earth to die for the sins that he gave all humans
>"but dad don't wanna die"
>dad lets him die in the most horrible way
>Jesus died to forgive all human sins
>his dad now demands that all humans spend their lives begging him AND his son for forgiveness of the sins he gave them and the sins his son died for

You can't make this shit up. Oh wait, this shit is made up.

>inb4 2edgy

He didn't create humans as sinners user, that bitch Eve fucked everything up.

why do the atheists forget the incredibly and uplifting end of the greatest story ever told?

>jesus dies
>jesus rises from the dead
>he goes and speaks to his disciples, then tells them to meet him. somewhere. i'm not going to google it.
>they go to this place, he is there!
>says some shit about preparing a place in his father's kingdom
>bam, back to home planet

it's pretty great

I would imagine they leave that part out because they know they will be damned.

>If Jesus was resurrected then where is he?
Uhhh... well Jesus went back to his home planet.

I will pray for you, user.

he went to heaven obviously

the point is he will come again

any day now

When is Mel Gibson going to make a film about the dark age of Christianity when Jesus had died and they were all being persecuted?

Is this crossover ever going to happen? It should

Also, fedora-tipping atheists are not allowed in this thread, get your nihilism and shove it up your ass, along with your fedora, your katana and your keyboard, and before you start typing a really drawn out response while you tip your fedora, consider suicide.

You don't know what nihilism is.Stop saying it.

>"he went to heaven obviously. the point is he will come again. any day now." - anonymous follower of jesus, 33 AD

And you don't know what is replying without tipping your fedora, back to r/atheism with you

Daily reminder that Jesus was black.
>prone to violence
>convicted criminal
>his father basically impregnated a woman and then fucked off
>never held a job and just hung around with his "followers" all day

>never held a job
He was a carpenter before finding fame!

Just like Harrison Ford

The portal to heaven is located somewhere in the caucus mountains, heathen.

I'm sorry.
>working in a dead end job
Still sounds rather niggerish.

I love how the Jewish Expanded Universe is literally the religion of choice for Sup Forums

>So outside of watching a person get tortured to death, the plot of the Gospels leaves little to empathize with

The crucifixion is the whole fucking point. If you can't empathize with a guy being tortured to death for telling people to be good to each other, then I don't really know what to tell you.

>And god hardened his heart

No it's because he claimed to be the Son of God and the Jews were like who the fuck does this guy think he is

Socrates had a more compelling death in a similar vien long before Jesus.

The jews are responsible right?

The crowd turned against Jesus and set the murdered free instead

Jews were probably agitating the group

Do you think it's supposed to be a competition or something?

>My main role model had a way cooler death fag, and at least he was real *tips fedora* also wubba lubba wub wub shit on the floor get schwifty

I haven't seen the movie in a while but that sounds right.

I remember the movie sparked a controversy when it came out because it made the jews look pretty bad.

I think everyone can empathise with the human story of Jesus, Luke and Matthew especially get across the whole humiliation and degradation of him really well. It's a dude getting mocked, beaten up, and executed for preaching what he thought was right.

The divine aspect is what non-Christians don't relate to. Understandably because the whole thing is ridiculously fetishized in Christian art.

>I remember the movie sparked a controversy when it came out because it made the jews look pretty bad.
well they conspired to kill/have murdered the son of god on earth, that's about as bad as it gets

lol what a pussy

The jews love to focus on the sins of the goyim, but reel and squirm when their own are exposed.

>exposed
Do they even believe that shit?Their shit literally came first.

>get schwifty
Man theres a lot of shitty writing examples that could be pointed out in the first episode of rick and morty.Why might it be that this is the only one people mention?Seriously every line of dialogue the dad, or mom has is shitty.

Early persecution of Christianity was carried out by Jews. Just read the Acts, Christians were hunted down and killed by Jews long before romans started doing it.

"this" meaning the god isn't real comment

>he owns a neck beard

Jesus I can smell the doritos he keeps in his fedora from here.

why did you leave out jesus's 3 days in super hell where he had to bear the sins of all of humanity future and past?

>Do they even believe that shit?Their shit literally came first

what are you trying to say?

Do Jews even consider jesus god/the son of god?If not, and they are right, then what does it matter?I'd assume from a Jews perspective they did nothing wrong, and didn't do anything.

*god flashsteps behind jesus* Nothing personal, son

>Do Jews even consider jesus god/the son of god?
Of course not.

>then what does it matter?
They demanded that a man be brutally tortured and killed for disagreeing with them.

>I'd assume from a Jews perspective they did nothing wrong, and didn't do anything
From a Nazi's perspective, Hitler did nothing wrong.

They don't which is why it's the dumbest religion. There is no spiritual reason to be a jew because they're guaranteed to go to hell because they believe the real savior is yet to come.

Hitler didn't do anything wrong, and jewish mythology is way cooler.He deserved it.

>There is no spiritual reason to be a jew because they're guaranteed to go to hell because they believe the real savior is yet to come.
At least they're more realistic.

I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THINK I AM
A GOD
I JUST TOLD YOU

>jewish mythology is way cooler

Semitic religions all prey to the same god, dummy.

Gods not the only character though

Why can't one of the world's biggest religion have a deity that looks cool and has cool super powers? Zeus could shoot lighting and shit. Jesus does what? Walk on water and heal? That's lame as fuck.

Because the powers aren't the point. It's how it relates to being human. This guy put it well, check his dubs while you're at it: >I think everyone can empathise with the human story of Jesus, Luke and Matthew especially get across the whole humiliation and degradation of him really well. It's a dude getting mocked, beaten up, and executed for preaching what he thought was right.

>The divine aspect is what non-Christians don't relate to. Understandably because the whole thing is ridiculously fetishized in Christian art.

Christian mythology had some cool stuff, but unimaginative artists ruined it

> angels described as Eldrich beings of countless arms, wings and eyes. "Wheels within wheels"
> lol, let's just portray them as humans with wings

Ahh I've heard of that. I love the idea behind the angels.

>Get ready for the Kingdom of God!
>Does nothing but help people find lost keys and win sports matches for 2000+ years
Really made me think...

All the "cool" christian mythology shit is more jewish than christian though
Christian mythology is boring as shit

Angels can look like all sorts. Some just look like people, some can turn invisible, some are weird monsters.

Because it is a god that is basically Human. Every physical flaw of being human but with a heart that just sees others as "human" even if they did wrong to him.

Despite that thoughShit like that is cool. Also, the "birth" of hell is also another cool story.

Because it's superfluous nonsense you fucking teenager. It isn't important for Satan to be a JRPG final boss. What's important is that he was cast out of Heaven and tempted Adam and Eve.

Nihlism: the 'nothin personnel, kid' of philosophy.

God is such that humans literally can't visualize him yet he makes logical sense. That's pretty neat.

I picture him as a hot milf

He's so imaginary you can't even imagine him.

He is a super-personal being.

As imaginary as and literally the logos, yes.

I liked Shin Megami Tensei's art and take on deities

actual words
>my god, my god, why have you forsaken me

>He is a super-personal being
Does this mean I have mommy issues? I might.

As another fedora, I want to sympathize... unfortunately, he's a fucking kike. So yes, he deserved it.

Tell me what an omnipotent being looks like.

he's a big guy

Like a butterfly

Well for one thing, I would assume epic sense of humor. I mean if you're GOD you must have a badass sense of humor right?

Bible God, not one joke. What kind of a shit-ass fake God is this anyway. Unless you count what he did to Abraham but that's more like a prankbro.

I think that the style is nice, but it's still your typical japanese anime shit.

Christ goes beyond the golden rule; he asks for a change of heart.

The golden rule is easy; an office worker can practice it while gritting his teeth in unhappiness. Christ bears the suffering of others so that our suffering is not in vain.

I'm atheist but bible has ton of good ideas in it, the two don't contradict each other.
And I mean Jesus was damn near perfect the way he was and lived, I legit look up on Jesus in lot of ways and the story is fucking great.

It's our universe and everything we see around.

>still your typical japanese anime shit
Of course. I just like the art desu

probably because of this.

>god's that faggot putting poison in a nigga's ear when you're not around just to stir shit

Unless you were a Very Very Naughty Boy in which case you have to go to the Very Very Naughty Place!

I always understood this as God using the actions of humanity to further a greater goal.

Its the same as Gollum being the one who ultimately destroys the ring.

Yeah, no. The universe is the universe. God is God. People don't go to church and say "I worship the universe."

This.

Fuck god for this. Interfering with mortal affairs.

If you can rationalise him, then he is not God.

Last Temptation of Christ > The Passion of the Christ

OH riddles precious! We loves riddles.

George Clooney, is that you?

youtu.be/YdH3BQ6rWMw?t=78

Hell is just the emptiness of living with your own ego for an eternity.

you have to go back

Bowie alone sets it off

Last temptation is a comedy.

Sure, every knew religion gaining speed gets hated on. Just look at Mormonism and scientology, it's just harder to prosecute by death in western society these days.