This really wasn't that bad, in fact it was a fairly solid five or six out of ten

This really wasn't that bad, in fact it was a fairly solid five or six out of ten.

Had a good art direction and aesthetic, performances were all good and the action beats were all good.

It has its flaws mind, like the editing and pacing, but it still had a lot more merit then 90% of the competition bar maybe the earlier MCU stuff.

What the fuck Sup Forums, how was this one of the worst films of all time? Have you not actually seen that many films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
youtube.com/watch?v=DcU8wPP5Oh4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gr8 b8

no, it was, it was really bad, if you think is a 6/10 you need to watch more movies

DUDE EVERY SHOT IS OVERLY DARK LMAO

Nah, it truly is that fucking bad.

not bait, the film was fine, middle of the road with slightly above average aesthetic values

i could say the same to you if you think it ought to be lower

no?

what are your fave films op

This film is literally
>DUDE POP CULTURE LMAO
>HARLEY IS COO COO
>HYPED UP LE DAMAGED MAN SHOWS FOR 3 MINUTES
>FORCED ASS JOKES

phantom of the paradise, herzog's nosfeartu, lady snowblood, black society triology and little otic

What are yours fuckface some unknown Mongolian film released in the early 20s?

I agree OP, but a 5/10 is still quite bad in my mind for a film I was quite hyped up for. Considering how fun fury was.

Its definitely not one of Ayer's highlights, especially seeing how well he handled earlier ensemble films so well, but the hate seems far to strong for it regardless.

It was such a noisy film

It really needs another extended cut
youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks

youtube.com/watch?v=DcU8wPP5Oh4

It's fucking awful. People shit on BvS but this was a lot worse.

I thought it was all right, nothing spectacular, and the story felt really "abbreviated," for lack of a better word, like a longer movie with more time to flesh out the characters and establish a group dynamic would have made it far better,'

On a related note, there's some slick, subtle world-building going on that really brings the film up for me. If you'd like a clue as to what the Enchantress and her brother really are and what she was trying to do, check out the Suicide Squad's first appearance in comics(modern comics, I should say) and check out what it was they were fighting.

Hint:It wasn't us she was trying to destroy.

Will Smith, Margot Robbie and the Croc makeup are this films only redeeming features. It might have been watchable brainless cack rather than outright offensively bad if the Enchantress wasn't so shit in every respect.

The editing and pacing was legitimately terrible, but what can you expect when WB gave the film to a fucking trailer studio and asked them to edit the final cut.

Only good thing was katana

>What the fuck Sup Forums, how was this one of the worst films of all time?
Your premise is flawed. No one said it was the worst movie ever, but supporting it means you're validating the shit the studio did. They took the movie away from the creative team that made it, forced extensive reshoots to make it closer to their competition, and then got a flybynight trailer company to edit the final release.
Supporting shit like that is just greasing the skids for increasingly bland focus tested corporate approved anti-art bullshit.

Literally the only good thing about this movie is Katana. Not even the character, she's just hot as fuck.

>No one said it was the worst movie ever
Along with calling g it the worst blockbuster or worst comic book movie I have seen it called the worst movie period. Why are you quick to claim people do not hate the movie more than you?

>Took away from creative team that made it, forced extensive reshoots to make it closer to their competition, and then got a flybynight trailer company to edit the final release.

Sounds like almost every film ever made.

I had such low expectations going in to see it that I couldn't possibly be anything but impressed by the actual result. It's like going into the hospital thinking you have 40 varieties of cancer and you walk out diagnosed with only leukemia.

First 20 minutes or so was like a music video compilation.l, otherwise it really wasn't much worse than most comic book movies

>diagnosed with only leukemia.
Too soon. RIP in peace charlie murphy.

>Huh he thinks SS is ok I-
>better than 90%
Hahahaha

I think you see what you want to see user. I don't have the time or energy to deal with your dellusions.

I gave it a 4/10.
Of the 97 theatrically-released capeshit films I've seen, I have it at number 69.

>and the action beats were all good.

That's a fucking lie. That ending with Enchantress was fucking laughable.

im hoping for something similar as Superman 2 or Blade Runner, director gets a few more well received films out first before the original cut gets a re release a few years later.

Wanted to destroy all machines right hence the whole "new gods" babble.

Think they were referencing Brimstone from the first SS story, just another big angry semi-god that wanted to restore the planet to the olden days

As far as capeshit villains go, Enchantress was pretty good, especially the dirt witch look she had

fuck is that what actually happened?

what would you say is better then?

i thought it was pretty good, the silhouettes in the mist looked nice and the cunt punch was funny

>Enchantress was pretty good, especially the dirt witch look she had

>dat first transformation

One of my favorite moments from the whole movie.

God dam I just wanna take her and give her a bath, if you know what I mean

>One of my favorite moments from the whole movie.

The only good moment from the whole movie. Fixed it for you.

O S C A R

>this wasn't that bad
>I'd say it was a fairly solid [50/100 F] or [60/100 F]

You need to watch more movies if you think 5-6/10 is passable at all. MST3K is a good way to calibrate your 5/10 and under ratings, so you'll never look like an idiot again.

>Meme show is how to rate a film
kill yourself my child

Harley Quinn was literally pointless and unfunny. I will never understand her appeal besides being fap material.

You needed more?

That was the only good thing in the movie

is not terrible, but it's just average

msm needs to single out an scapegoat as the "worst movie ever" once in a while, in order to keep selling their comercial uber mediocre bullshit

No one seriously says that this is one of the worst films of all time but you giving it a 5 or 6 out of 10 is evidence of you not having watched many films.

>a fairly solid five or six out of ten.
how is 5 or 6 out of 10 good?
You where that kid that tried to not fail classes instead of getting good marks, weren't you?

If a movie's editing focuses more on style and less on coherency, then it is automatically horrendous.

5-6 out of then is average/above average, retards.

if you really think ss was worst than 50% hollywood bullshit, you don't even need to watch more movies, cause you're mentally challenged.

>average/above average
yes but that doesnt mean "good"

I hope you're happy with your 6/10 job and 6/10 gf

When you start off by rating something a 5 or 6 out of 10 you kind of shoot yourself in the foot in terms of convincing people it was good. 5 or 6 translates to average, maybe just above average. It's like someone saying well it could have been worse after watching something totally fuck up.

I'll give you that this board and critics and twitter... you know what, pretty much everyone, exaggerates and makes mountains of molehills about every little thing. And that expectation can skew your view of things. I watched it myself after hearing everyone elses opinion of it and I thought or my feeling was 'Oh, it's not that bad'. And it wasn't, it wasn't the absolute unwatchable travesty of film making people made it out to be. BUT it still wasn't good.

the no1 flaw in that movie for me is that they went for the traditional capeshit plot of "villain no x tries to destroy the world with gigantic [insert x]".

Seriously, if they kept it focused on the joker and on an enchantress that simply possess people or some shit, it could have been great. I was actually surprised that they did not do that.

I thought so too, but then I realized it's based off a Fucking comic book and doesn't have to make sense, plus they actually nailed her outfit to a tee

I don't think it was a travesty or the worst movie ever made, but it was not good. Not even average.

Hot mess, that's a good descriptor for it. They had everything they needed to make a better movie but they just couldn't put the pieces together.

a below average movie being called "terrible" and even "worst" is just as biased and misleading as a bellow average flick being called "best of the year" (ie _________________)

that bullshit marketing lies have no place in a film discussion board.

This was about a 4/10 post,

Not the world. Not even people.

You're a pleb lad
even lower than Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums combined

please go back to whatever site you or board you crawled out of

>"wasn't that bad"
>"solid 5/10"
Triple A movie ratings basically range from 5/10 to 9/10, so a solid 5 is the biggest pile of garbage possible with a 175 million dollar budget.

I agree with you OP, but people on the internet are extremists when it comes to opinions

It did some stupid shit, the whole 3rd act is horrendous. But it isn't nearly as bad as people say

BvS though, is awful.

haw haw i liked the music they played it was like listening to a really good dj haw haw

Is she full CGI? She looked and moved so weird at times it felt like some odd mix or some shit.

I have no idea. I think sometimes they were using that effect you see in some horror movies where they seem simultaneously sped up and slowed down.