How do I learn about the premiere international sport of soccer (football) as an American?

How do I learn about the premiere international sport of soccer (football) as an American?

No one talks about it, it's not on television, I try to google "American soccer league" and get no results, yet it's the most popular sport in the world.

There are 7.4 billion people on the planet, and 3.5 of them watched the World Cup. Yet only 100 million people watched the Super Bowl and it's the biggest sporting event ever to Americans.

I don't get it. How do I get into this? Does America even have a team?

we already own the world. let the shitholers have povertyball. also, you have to go back.

>plebbit spacing

Honestly I got into it through playing lots of FIFA

what do you mean

user

?

Based Aragorn

based fucking viggo

if you're seriously asking then I could give you a proper and helpful answer.
but I can't tell if this is advanced b8

You don't
The sport went down hill around 2012 and it hasn't ever been able to recover
Might as well be watching squaky shoe kek

>The sport went down hill around 2012 and it hasn't ever been able to recover
what the fuck is this even in reference to?

America has a men's national team, but they failed to qualify for this year's World Cup.
The division 1 professional soccer league in the United States is MLS. Its season starts in early March.
The top three leagues considered the best in the world are England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, and Germany's Bundesliga. France's Ligue1 and Italy's Serie A are close seconds.

Playing FIFA can also get you familiar with the leagues, teams, and players, as well as the rules.

Serie A is the current 3rd, keep up. There’s a top 4 then the rest. Ligue 1 is nowhere near the top 4.

Start watching games. Don't watch MLS. Pick a European league (the Premier League is the best imo). You'll eventually start supporting a team.
Welcome to the beautiful game.

Stick to eggball or whatever you call that pseudo-sport of yours.

Watch /copalib/.

>one space is le reddit
not the fag you replied to but you are new here and just parrot shit.

even if this is bait: you cant call yourself a fan of the sport if all you do is watch EPL, like many americans do. and they dont even technically watch EPL, all they do is watch 3 or 4 of the big teams. you might as well be watching weekly soap operas or a popular tv show every week, its the equivalent.

to learn properly and know if you really like it, you gotta start local. MLS starts in a month of so, and once you see a mediocre game in front of a mediocre crowd (don't get it twisted , 99% of world soccer is actually this way, the 1% are the glamorous big teams) then you'll know if its for you.

since the world cup is coming up you dont even have to pretend to know anything either. its socially acceptable here to watch it without knowing anything, kind of like the olympics. so i have 2 suggestions

1. play FIFA games, as most younger americans are introduced to the game (not just playing, but names and teams) through this
2. watch local MLS or USL games and see if it attracts you
3. after watching the lower levels, then you can make the jump up to watching the elites so you can fully appreciate what the world class level is.

Stick ball was murdered by Steinbrenner, I only watch the NHL now

Play FIFA, seriously. Like this guy did

>La Liga
>Top 3
Oh I am laffin
The entire league is trash and Series far out paces it, hell even Ligue1 blows it out of the water and that's just Africa league 2.0

Our space program is already beating yours. Look it up. You'll be wiping our asses by 2030.