How did this crash happen? Who is at fault?

How did this crash happen? Who is at fault?
Left: cracked front right headlight
Right: dented rear left door

Attached: 20191207_232354.jpg (2896x2896, 696K)

Bump

you cus you're shit at driving?

both drivers probably but im sure both drivers will happily disagree with me and call me kind names

Looks like right tried to change lanes and didn't see left.

That being said, it's left's fault for owning a volvo.

Looks like the left hit the right. Right car is dented so far back that they couldn't have done it.

As a crash reconstructionist, the silver car sideswiped the white car. You can’t say who caused it without more info.

OP here, this happened on a highway, why do you say the silver car side swiped the white car?

impact sites don't tell you what happened

could be a cunt ran into someone for no reason
could also be some idiot went when it wasn't his turn and got hit
could be a 50/50 cause it was in a parking lot
could be some idiot driving out of an alley without stopping or looking

all kinds of things it could be

Needs more info. Looks like silver hit white car(due to scraping on silver and not white)

Read

Can’t be completely positive without higher resolution pics, but the damage on the silver car looks like it’s going from the front to back due to the patterns in paint transfer/scuffing in the silver car and the damage to the chrome trim on the white car. My guess was the silver car was going faster than the white.

You really can’t say who caused it without more info.
The silver car could’ve been trying to merge to their right into the white car or the white car could have turned left in front of the silver.
If I had to guess, given it was on a highway and without any other info, I’d say the white car probably cut the silver one off.

Damage tells you everything that physically happened between cars. Doesn’t tell you exactly where they were when the impact happened though and that part makes a big difference in who caused it.

OP, can you tell me if I’m right?

I’m curious now, but I’d like to get on with it because I’m tryin to fap, not work.

OP here, for the police report:

VEHICLE 1 STRUCK VEHICLE 2 ON THE LEFT SIDE AND LEFT REAR. VEHICLE 2 WAS TRAVELING AROUND 30 MPH NB I-95 IN THE 2ND LEFT LANE. WHEN VEHICLE 1 SWERVED OVER INTO VEHICLE 2 HITTING THE LEFT SIDE.

*from the police report

Cars were parked side by side. Silver car backed out and turned his wheel prematurely while backing.

Which one was yours?
Was vehicle 1 going faster?

Read

That only gives one speed and you didn’t say if you were 1 or 2

OP here, Volvo started from a dead stop in the left lane (bumper to bumper traffic). Not saying who I am, because I don't want to bias the opinion.

Is the crash being contested by both sides?

No way to tell.

Op here, Yep. On the day of the crash, the officer said the other driver's story matched mine and that they were at fault. Then the other driver told their insurance that it was my fault.

So you’re in v2...
Did the officer not put driver statements in the narrative?
I always put statements, short ones, in there just in case shit like that happens. Call up the officer and ask if they have BWC or mivs footage.

Officer has been working with me to get this straightened out. We filed an FOIA to obtain a recording from that day. Other insurance company is accusing him of lying because he didn't watch the crash happen.

lol. Just because he didn’t see it doesn’t mean he didn’t hear the other driver telling him what happened.

I always tell people to take pics. Always take pics of the other car first in case they run then record the other driver. You don’t have to stick a phone in their face, just try to get the audio.

Anyway, good luck