Why the FUCK are they speaking French at the olympic games? I can understand them speaking Korean, and English...

why the FUCK are they speaking French at the olympic games? I can understand them speaking Korean, and English, but why French?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_de_Coubertin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pierre de Coubertin you dummy

Haha, dumb anglo

Was expecting an American flag tbqhwyt

yeah idk, there's like no french people even competing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_de_Coubertin

French is the gayest language in the world

Do French ever feel bad that you never win the games you created?

we never win anything, we are just good at hosting sporting events

t. american twang

for some reason French or Swiss (who speak French) run every international sport federation.

CHOOOREYYYYYZZZOOOOOH

Before english taking over, french was probably the most widely known second language for the whole world, just like english now. It was tasteful and in tact to know french or use some french words. Something to be viewed as fancy, likewise with knowing Latin

Serious question here : why do Americans always have to show to the whole world that they're clueless about everything?

I mean, if I was a retard, i'd try to keep it for myself.

English is just retarded inbred latin with 10% of germanic words though

It's weird to think that the Russian aristocracy spoke better French than they knew Russian. The Slavophiles resented the fact that some Russian aristocratic families (especially its younger members) had a poor grasp of their native Russian tongue, but spoke fluent French.

Because the modern Olympics is a French invention, Frodo.

Can't really say about that much, not an expert on Russian history, but I believe they didn't want to be associated with their people, who were Muscovites horde (in some way, but that might be exaggeration)

Are you fucking 8 years old?

Because they were founded during the time France was still relevant.

should be switched to italian

spanish is just gay Latin though for people with fat tongues

like 1/3 of War & Peace is aristocrats talking in french to each other

All the niggers

It's pretty easy to explain for Switzerland.
>central location within Europe
>good living conditions
>generally stable economically and politically
>willing to go along with shady financial shit
>neutral, so no chance of the headquarters getting attacked in retaliation for something the government has done