Should I watch the original series to prepare for the new one?

Should I watch the original series to prepare for the new one?

well yeah

It's not a reboot, it's just season 3. So yeah you'd probably be pretty lost

Nah I'm not. Shouldn't have to watch some 30 year old TV show in order to enjoy a new one, it should be able to stand on its own.

It's not even a long runner bro. You can run through it in a weekend and change

I hope the new one maintains the sense of humour the first two seasons had

a trend I've noticed with a lot of reboots/continuations/revivals is that they all fucking lost their sense of humour

You could save even MORE time if you just skip the new season, too

I watched both of the seasons in 2 days to catch up, AMA

What did you think

I loved it tbqh. Though i didnt enjoy the whole bird deal from the first season, it had too high of a driving force for the plot to be played as a joke. It felt awkward and forced. Aside from that, season 2 had a much more weird, albeit pleasantly so, tone than first season. I cant decide if i would like to see a third season closer to the first or to the second.

Waldo the bird is in like one episode, season 1 ends with like 5 cliffhangers because they wanted to ensure a second season it's not a particularly good closer

Is that film worth watching as well? I'm going to start the first season tomorrow as I've never seen it

season 1, season 2 then watch the film

Why would you be interested in this if you hadn't already seen the original? This question makes no sense.

>hey guys I heard this thing is popular with "nerd culture" and I want to get in on that!
>lol I just love all things nerds and camp and cult I need to watch this!

I fucking hate you OP. And don't you pretend to be a lynchfag either, if you were you would have already checked out the show.

y u heff to be mad

Watch the first three minutes of the movie, pause it watch the first two episodes, go back to the movie for 20 minutes, then knock out 4 episodes. Then watch the movies deleted scenes, start season two, then pick up where you left off in season 1 but only for half of the next episode then go back to the movie for 30 minutes, cut right to the beauty contest episode and boom you're all caught up

Not OP, but I'm pretty sure David Lynch himself would tell you to go fuck yourself. I would guess that he'd be thrilled to find a new, younger audience for his work. There's nothing worse than a possessive, elitist fanboy who gets some pathetic sense of accomplishment from "being there first." All you did was sit there and watch a TV show. Get over yourself. I know it was bait, I don't know what's wrong with me

>It's bait to tell someone to fuck off and watch the original

How stupid are you? Use your fucking brain. I know for a fact Lynch would hate you and wouldn't want to deal with yet another brainlet.

I hope not, I want S3 to go full FWWM/Inland Empire territory.

Guy who played Hawk says it's still funny.

Claimed Andy and Lucy are "are better than they ever were"

Just look at how funny it is how much they've aged.

you kno, you were actually on the right track there...

Hey guys, it's me David Lynch.

You're wrong, go fuck yourself, I'm pleased to find there's a new young audience eager to experience my work.

I'm watching the last episode right now.

Just saw this, I can't believe Lynch is actually gonna do it, the absolute mad man.

YES, ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? FUUUUUUCKk