What went right?

What went right?

Everything

it is pure kino and knows exactly what it wants and needs to be. The world hated it but true patricians know it will remain as the best live action anime for a while.

p.s. Ghost in the shell was preyy good still. Death Note might be good too. Weebs stay mad

That yellow car is weirdly positioned back there

That's what you call "drifting".

we talk about kino, not fucking cars here gearhead trash

Are you saying you've never experienced the joy that is The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift?

what is he staring at?

Not much,
You guys are honestly idiots for thinking it's good.
But, that's Sup Forums for ya

Is it worth a watch? Every opinion ive seen of it is either 10/10 kino or 0/10 garbo so that makes me curious. Was it just ahead of its time like Freddy Got Fingered?
Btw i grew up watching the 60s anime so i guess it helps that im familiar with the source material.

Sup Forums talks about everything. Cars, guns, wars, philosophy, work, life, family, morality, interracial relationships, science, politics, sexuality and occasionally films and kino.

I love the Mach 5 so goddamn much.

I think he's referring to the physical space the car is taking up. Just look at it a few times from the front of the car to the back of the car, and how it fits into the space on the track. I never noticed it before but it does look a little weird.

Having said that, Speed Racer is in my top 10 faves of all time. Would be in top 5 if there was a cut removing all the scenes with Spritle and the Chimp.

>Speed Racer was a huge bomb and given poor reviews

Why are people so fucking stupid

Any recs for a figure? I want one for my shelf

fpbp

Not really. I had the whole set of pic related and hung them on my wall unopened when I was a kid. I thought that was pretty cool.

top 10 villains

Its a lot of fun if you are a fan of the 67 show.

Its 6/10 for a normal flick but its a 10/10 adaption of the show. If u are already a fan than you'll fucking love it

Dreamworks face

I too was a fan of the old show and watched as a kid (on UHF)

Movie was mostly dull and a big let-down for me and my inner child. Wachowski chicks are pretenders. Most of what made Matrix any good was ripped straight off of Ghost in the Shell and Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.

Definetely worth the watch if only to judge for yourself. You are either going to love what the wachowski (at the time) brothers were trying to do by pouring love into the series or you are going to expect matrix with guns and that as Noted was one of the problems. Also it went up against Iron Man, which, while no one knew at the time it would go where it did a decade later especially with it's risky lead...it was still a ballsy move.

I will say this much, it has one of the most beautiful fight scenes on film near the end. That's just my opinion though.

Matrix with cars*, my bad.

>Wachowski chicks
>wachowski (at the time) brothers
Wait what

Completely agree. Saw this on a plane back from China and it totally blew me away. With so many movies relying on oversaturating with CGI visuals, somehow speedracer totally pulled it off. Unironically kino.

WHITE WASHING

you know what

In America the show was localized. Technically Speed is white if you watch it dubbed.

I dunno the scene where Sprite gives the main villain the middle finger and the scene where Caesar throws his poop as the henchman's mouth are pretty kino. I just dislike the cootie doctor scene.

Seconded