Is this it? Is this all you can conjure, Saruman?

>Is this it? Is this all you can conjure, Saruman?
He just HAD to fucking say it didn't he?

>Major bad guy: Sauron
>Secondary bad guy: Sauron-Man

BRAVO TOLKIEN

>Saruman sounds too much like Sauron
>Let's drop the S, call him Aruman from now on
>But you still called him Saruman earlier, won't that confuse the audience more?
>Nobody will notice

BRAVO BAKSHI

I always wondered if they just go to Helms Deep why doesn't the enemy just surround them and wait them out, i mean they have nowhere to go and the enemy have access to all there land without having to fight.

Saruman wanted to get the ring ASAP before Sauron could

Stories need shit happening. The novels were slow enough as it is. Realism should not be at the expense of the story.

Saruman doesn't want to pay their wages when he can just make more urukai to replace the dead

but yet for some reason the novels speeds up so fast during the battle of helms deep i find it hard to keep up

Waiting is time consuming as fuck

The Battle of Helm's Deep is legitimately poorly written, one of the lowpoints of the books

Theoden was the best character.

>in the book they go to face the enemy

>in the movie he is a coward who retreats to helm's deep

It would be funny, if Saruman had no actual meaning linguistically or in context to the universe of the books...but it does...

>Uruks waiting around
By the end of the first week the half of the army would have killed the other half.

What do you think looks better to Sauron? Your boss?
>crushing and decisive defeat
>letting your major force sit, inactive for probably months when they could be helping with the final push on Gondor
Sauron and Saruman were already suspicious as fuck about each other

That's literally not how it happens in the film at all. Are you genuinely autistic?

>Aragorn and the others say they have to go and face them
>Theoden says "Nope, we are going to Helm's Deep and wait until everything is over"

watch the movie before shitposting

That's what a human army might have done.

I distinctly recall the battle of Helm's Deep being a thing in the book.

You are grossly oversimplifying every Theoden scene. Do you have trouble reading emotions or understanding a scene? Nothing thematically suggests Theoden is a coward. Where you got that is beyond me. You honestly do sound autistic.

>Theoden says "Nope, we are going to Helm's Deep and wait until everything is over"
Fucking Christ, you have to be baiting. This is not how it happens.

There was an alternate route out of the mountain that the women and children took that would allow the secret sneaking of food and supplies into Helms Deep to essentially make a siege meaningless even if they attempted it. The Helm's Deep folk could easily reverse-siege the people outside almost.

As well the Uruk's might as well assume reinforcements are on the way and they should wipe out the people inside fast as possible to take the fort.

I actually find it tremendously well-written and exciting. So much so that even though I've read the novel about 18 times I still forget that Gandalf is going to arrive at dawn to relieve the defenders

>And with that shout the king came. His horse was white as snow, golden was his shield, and his spear was long. At his right hand was Aragorn, Elendil’s heir, behind him rode the lords of the House of Eorl the Young. Light sprang in the sky. Night departed.

>‘Forth Eorlingas!’ With a cry and a great noise they charged. Down from the gates they roared, over the causeway they swept, and they drove through the hosts of Isengard as a wind among grass. Behind them from the Deep came the stern cries of men issuing from the caves, driving forth the enemy. Out poured all the men that were left upon the Rock. And ever the sound of blowing horns echoed in the hills.

>On they rode, the king and his companions. Captains and champions fell or fled before them. Neither orc nor man withstood them. Their backs were to the swords and spears of the Riders, and their faces to the valley. They cried and wailed, for fear and great wonder had come upon them with the rising of the day.

>his spear was long
Come on.

That's because you americans pronounce Sauron as Soron, but it's actually pronounced Sao-run.

TL note: "saru" is Japanese for "monkey"

Nobody grows anything outside castles in the Jacksonverse so they'd probably starve too

literally monkey man

by that time meat was back on the menu so the men in helms deep would just keep ordering it and never starve

>dino saor
You bongferatus are hilarious

>they invented the language

>saur
They invented greek?

The ancient greeks were Brits. That's why movies always cast them with Brits.

"dinosaur" is not a Greek word...

You might want to keep that to yourself.

not the alphabet
nothing of this would happen if they read those letters how they are supposed to be read

Sauron should be spelled with a fucking 'o' like Souron. Tolkien was a contributer to the Oxford English dictionary and he couldn't even get that shit right.

Because the Uruks would start killing each other when their meat ran out

there were less than five hundred people there at the fort they could eat rats and cave mushrooms for a while

>Er... *snigger* Is this it? *kek* Is this all *lols* you can conjure, *ayy* Saruman? Lmao, what a fag.

Geez, he didn't have to be an asshole about it.

>After fucking up Theoden says 'who am I, Gamling?'
>Gamling is literally standing right behind him

What was Theoden's problem?

You got me there

underrated post

>suffixes are pronounced the same as prefixes
Murrican education everyone

>Invaders are brown people
>symbol is the (((white hand)))

you aint finkin like a ork

>not the alphabet
What? The meaningless arrangement of letters doesn't fucking matter kiddo

But it's true. Part of the root word is latin.

(You)

Please tell me you aren't dumb enough to think that the alphabet is actually meaningful. You don't think that A, B, C are always arranged like that...right? Or that it means anything?

that wasn't the argument we were having

and how is the alphabet not relevant for a language? it's literally the starting basis for it

Sauron is Elvish for "Abhorred", Saruman is based on an Old English term for a craftsman.

It's just an arbitrary ordering. Kek no, the order of your languages alphabet is not the basis for a language.

I don't get it, please explain user
t. dumdum

Bernard Hill mentions in the commentary that there's a scene where he confesses his cowardice to Eowyn. To paraphrase: I didn't lead that last charge. It was all Aragorn. I had given up.

Yeah, he was a pussy. A redeemed pussy, by RoTK, but still kind of a pussy.

Well, that scene isn't in the extended and that still doesn't make him a pussy. I think you are projecting onto the film, nowehre are you supposed to assume that.

I honestly think you watched the film wrong if you took that away.
>wanting to protect your people from open war
>makes you a pussy despite fighting on the front lines as a king, in every instance you are in the film

Just fick off already.

Fick lol