So it costs about $35,000 per inmate per year in the US

So it costs about $35,000 per inmate per year in the US.

Crime is a socioeconomic illness.

If we spent $14,000 per household on say; $800 for rent, $200 for food, and $400 on spending money, and threatened to revoke it for life if you commit a crime, we would not only take the economic reasons for crime away, we'd have a real deterrent.

In addition, we'd save tens of billions of dollars each year on incarceration costs by preventing crime with positive reinforcement.

Trust me I grew up in New York. If your average kid pushing an ounce of weed a month could get $400 in cash, $200 in food, and free rent for life, they would never risk that cushy lifestyle for anything.

It's a win-win for everyone.

Attached: prison.jpg (300x168, 6K)

ITT: OP attends high school macro once

Attached: Snapchat1739580089.jpg (750x731, 40K)

Doing some further math, if we were to convert prison costs to social welfare, every household in the US below the poverty line could receive about $16,000 in social welfare.

Not only would that money solve the reasons for gang violence, robbery, and drug crime, losing it if you commit a crime would be the ultimate deterrent. All the while solving the economic and social ills of the country.

We cant afford to do this OP. We have to give millions and billions of tax payer dollars to millionaires and billionaires so they can get a third or forth yacht

implying criminals think they get caught

Attached: chillin.png (1193x629, 657K)

I know you're joking, but we could literally spend $16000 per household on 3 households for every 1 person that is deterred from being incarcerated due to incentives. We'd literally save about 132 billion dollars per year by doing this.

Sorry we have more important matters to worry about. For example billions of people around the world that will never affect your average American citizen in any way.

Have to factor in all the extra bastard kids they'd be having if they weren't caged up for years.

I did factor in children.

You're going off the assumption that giving someone 7.45 an hour will stop crime.
So that's saying that anyone with a minimum wage job has zero economic reason to commit crime, so they won't.

And if you add it to a person already working, then you're assuming that 15 an hour will make everyone shit rainbows and ignore whiskey.

Fuck off

All the extra/additional bastards. They'll average an extra 2 or 3 a year when not locked up.

No one is talking about work. This would be a catch-free social safety net like they have in Germany.

It's racism.

Attached: borrowing.png (700x901, 308K)

Let's pretend your plan works. It would only cut down on crime driven by economic disparity. Which, I'll give you, is a decent amount.

It doesn't get rid of the murderers, shooters, rapists, kleptomaniacs, and general greed. People won't stop running guns and drugs and shit for millions just because they get 16k a year. You're also not factoring in the consideration that some people are just mentally insane, or straight up evil and crime will continue.

So yeah, you might reduce crime by a bit. I'm all for UBI and stuff like that - help those people who are committing crimes GTFO of their situations and better themselves to contribute to society; but I think it's a smaller fraction of people than you'd realize and crime would also evolve rather than go away. Maybe we'd have less home break ins and less ghettos but you'd likely see more mental illness, shootings, domestic violence, etc. All things that go up when people get more comfortable and no longer have worse problems to worry about (and can afford the means to pull them off).

Again, all for UBI and helping people, but don't underestimate human nature being garbage.

We have safety nets.
The problem is people, not invectives.
The "per hour" was what the amount you stated would represent.
Simply having extra doesn't do anything but make people used to having things for free. And having extra money for the majority of people that are willing to commit crime is irrelevant. You're assuming all crime is to feed a hungry kid or pay the electric.

Bro, I grew up in nyc. Let me explain the process.

It starts with poor people. No money for food, rent, so on and so forth.

The comes the crime. Robbery, but more importantly drug crime. Drug crime leads to organized crime. Gangs form. Gangs fight other gangs for control of the drug flows. Murder then comes from this.

I don't really necessarily mean ubi, just a western european economic federal safety net for the poor. It would literally end up saving us money overall from the money we'd save on incarceration.

Kergesat (spelled wrong) has an UBI video on YouTube. It's one of those good ideas that works on paper.. but only when you rule out every individual that would simply exist to exist.

Bro, when I was younger, I needed help.

5% of people who need federal section 8 housing assistance get it. There's no such thing as cash welfare simply for being poor either.

The only safety net we have is food stamps. And cash benefits are only for the disabled or retired. Other than that, unemployment is the only actual safety net there is.

But you're going off of the assumption that $14000 is all it would take for a person to completely avoid a life of crime. Why not simply give someone $65 for a bus ticket out of New York City then?

There's plenty of other options besides section 8. There's plenty of local and state level assistance out there. When you give people cash in hand and tell them to go spend it on only the necessary things what you typically end up with is someone with a prepaid phone and a Netflix account as opposed to bread cheese and milk. That's why there are food stamps instead of simply checks. Anyone can get unemployment for a period of time also. So if you needed assistance you should have looked at all of your options instead of simply wanting cash instead of having to go through all the necessary channels.

Bro

Bro, do you have any idea how dumb black people can be?

You're basically giving them a lifetime supply of free newports. Crime would literally cease to exist, especially if you put a stipulation about having a clean record on the benefits.

Bro, ....

I took the bait.

>There's plenty of local and state level assistance out there.

Name one motherfucking program idiot.

>815872852
yeah someone explain to this retard how we all need to chip in on billionares having multiple houses on each continent before i punch his teeth in.. also major corporations dont pay taxes... PANAMA PAPERS

I grew up and still live in Chiraq so I know whats up too. I also worked law enforcement for 6 years. So yeah.

Well then you'd have to agree with me that an overwhelming portion of gun crime is gang related.

Or we can just follow through with the death penalty. Getting rid of all that trash just sitting there.

Emergency housing, especially if there's kids involved, even if it's at a shelter or halfway house.

Unemployment

No er can turn you away, and at a certain point you qualify for state ins. Kids are covered if under a certain income.

Free trade school for 2 years, with local career center providing assistance with gas, clothing, rent or mortgage, daycare, and food.

Snap cards ( food stamps)

Health department.

Dental care based off income.

Wic

Policy by electric company to not shut off power to the elderly or to individuals on life saving equipment.

Second harvest programs.

Free and reduced school lunches.

Every large church has a food and clothes pantry.

Volunteer work for a local goodwill type place pays in goods.
But you really just want to know how to get that free phone, right?

/thread

California: section 8, WIC, unemployment benefits, medi-cal, in home support services (IHSS), Medicare (if over 65), social security benefits (if they qualify due to disability), welfare payments, work for rent programs, adult day care, homeless shelters which offer 3 meals a day. Just to name a few.

There's also that thing where you can... you know... move.
You can literally drive out of the ghetto. You don't need a record label to fly you out.

Section 8: I already addressed this.
Unemployment: I already addressed this.
Medaid/medicare: This isn't welfare.
Social security: I already addressed this. There is only disability and retirement.
"Welfare payments." : You made this up.
Work for rent: you might as well just get a fucking job.
Adult day care: You're kidding right?
Homeless Shelters: There's no way you think this qualifies as "Welfare."

>I need a phone and money for weed

I'm studying for my PH.d in sociology and I have a note 10 plus 512gb. I also don't smoke weed.

There is a lot of private jail, they build it to "serve the gov."
Gov, has to ensure a quota by contract, so they can maintain that one and build more (repeat)

Police have a quota too, they get promoted by arrests and shooting, (win win for them)

The Major use that statistics to show how hard they work to keep the city "clean and secure"

Ad to that formula Judges, Prosecutors, employees, Lawers (a lot of them)

But it is just a system they need clients to survive, and you are one.

Taxpayers provide the money.

Attached: BN-UK569_NYBAIL_GR_20170725133940.jpg (1242x810, 98K)

Oh well if you have that many gigs, why are you worried about free food? Fuck man. Living the dream right there. Flashing sd cards to the bitches. Making it rain megabits in the club.

Fuck that. Keep the criminals locked up.

You were implying I don't even have a phone.

I have the strangest impression that you're obsessed with the "512gb" part a bit too much for that not to be a projection.

You were implying that a dozen programs don't help, and "might as well get a job" was a bad thing. Mr memory boy. Mr gigabite man. Cash memory. Big daddy KB.
>cache rules everything around me
>CREAM
>get the memory
>dolla dolla bill yall

This guy thinks I was trying to like, make some kind of big statement about my phone being 512gb or something.

Must be a fuckin nerd.

A lot of it, yes. But it doesn't get rid of the guy who shoots his baby in the face because she cried too loud. Or the woman who drowns her kid because she's psychotic, or the schizophrenic who skins someone alive because "they had wires in them from the FBI"

We could also just execute all violent criminals. Lots of problems solved right there. God, I wish Death Note was real.

But if they had like, 14,000 a year, that wouldn't happen.

Okay crazy shit you've seen as a cop aside, the majority of crime comes from being low income.

Lol this guy still thinks I was trying to make like, some kind of fashion statement about having a 512gb phone.

I was saying I have an expensive phone already, and don't need one from the government, dipshit.

Lol no, I was showing off my dick size with my phone capacity lmfaoo what a fuckin nerd.

Impressive.

>dude just don't do nothing because
brilliant counter plan

I was thinking the same thing. Probably got an iphone6.

Oh my god, this fuckin neckbeard still doesn't get it.

This is not a silver bullet solution. First it would only work for non violent offenders. I volunteer at my local jail, and the vast majority are violent or repeat offenders. Ive seen so many people get out and piss away their new chance. You might think free money would change that for them. But most of them have bigger problems than money.

It also rewards the wrong behavior. I could just commit a minor non violent offense to receive free money. There would still have to be a significant jail sentence. At best your suggestion could be a pilot program for very specific cases to give young people a second chance.

seems familiar......

Attached: commies.jpg (594x775, 104K)

Your definition of welfare programs is wrong. Those are all social welfare programs enabled through tax payer money. You can't dismiss them just because they aren't your ideal programs. Free pay checks isn't the only form of welfare.