Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country Sup Forums?

Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country Sup Forums?

>pic related

Attached: 1430073146925.jpg (1500x1500, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4wFsk9p7g_c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not using a CNC machine to make your own fully automatic unregistered rifle.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (480x270, 19K)

better question...why don't u fuck urself with ur AR?

Is this some random pic you downloaded? I like the style of the old AR-10, hit me up with where that stock/pistol grip set came from if it isn't custom

They're so damn cheap now, everybody should get one.

Attached: AR_centerfire-promotion-copy.png (700x420, 146K)

Not a huge fan of direct gas impingement systems.

>Not using a shoelace to modify your semi auto into a full auto
Pleb.

I've heard those suck, how about an MP15 for 500?

Love em, own em... but check out some videos on .223 vs a carbine for in home defense. Some pro, some not, but good info about penetration, noise, ease, barrel length. Etc..

In due time, as for now however, I own an M14 and many other rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

Sounds to me like you need either a nice compact machine pistol or a bullpup with a short barrel. Depending on the size of gorilla entering your home.
You may also want to consider a sawed off remmington or a sawed off Canadian cooey. I hear Cooey makes some robust guns. or at least made before Winchester bought them out...

>Not assuming I don't already own an unregistered full auto with high cap mags in a state with mag limits

What do I look like some kind of communist pinko?

Nice raifu. How do you like that brake?

It looks like it would blast gas all fucking around to the sides and back into your eardrums every time you shoot it.

Should have put a comp on it.

too expensive

He said AR not AK trash

>Not using a coathanger
youtube.com/watch?v=4wFsk9p7g_c

You either have a DI gun that gets dirty and needs to be cleaned slightly more often or you have a piston gun that beats itself to death eventually. For a person who lives in the US, DI is better because we can clean it and lube it and have no problems. But for somebody who lives in Sandland or the jungles of South South Mexico/ cocaine land a piston gun is better because it requires almost nothing to keep running until it just gives up and breaks at which point they just steal another one.

I saw a guy make a point about the shotgun, or s&w governor type thing.
What if.... someone grabs someone else in the house. You gonna fire at the intruder with a shotgun while he's holding a family member?

I prefer a shotgun so I can give the cops something to vomit over when they finally show up.

I own few. Own a Mega Arms 16" carbine, have a Short Boi SBR, with a Spikes lower with PSA completed upper that I've just passed like 3k rounds with no problems.

That was an AK that dude did that with? Thought it was an AR and in the same concept as bump stocks. Which would work with any (in theory)
And that's way too complicated. I need pliers for that. And only works in that exact control group.
Shoelace works on everything. And only takes me pulling on that loose thing that hangs off the sides of my shoes.

The biggest thing we need defending from are the idiots running the government.

>I've heard those suck, how about an MP15 for 500?
Much better choice, absolutely nothing to do out of the box with the M&P other than load it up and PEWPEWPEW

It takes distance for a pellet group to open up. Within the averedge American home the distances are too short for the group to spread out. If you train with your selected weapon enough you will be able to know where to hold in order to hit the intruder and not the family member.

>AK trash
AK's are more than fine when they're made by a reputable source.

The AR15 is a good rifle for women and invalids. Men use 7.62mm.

I might play chicken and kinda maybe squeeze too hard and hope that my wife doesn't take too much flak in the face.... if that's what you're asking.
Because as a crook, do you wanna fuck with a dude who's willing to blow his wife's head off to stop you from stealing his TV?

Shotguns work fine, i don't need range in close quarters and don't need to defeat body armor.

>Not 8mm Mauser
Pleb.

Shut the fuck up. Shotguns have a 1" spread per yard. Shooting some one across the house...might as well just shoot your family member too.

How do deer slugs fare against standard body armor? Because that's a pretty hefty mass with a lot of energy. I'm not sure standard vests are designed to deal with that.

Unfortunately due to Democrats, and Russia becoming Christian. AK's are no longer imported from Izhmash. They're the only AK's that truly mattered.
Because of the Russia Russia Russia thing we will never see the era of the cheap quality AK again.

Attached: 1575933450550.jpg (631x960, 134K)

>hi I'm an idiot who likes buying new barrels over and over again.

Yeah that's one of those things you do once just for shits and giggles but only a moron does that to make a full auto.

A 4 inch barrel with the "self defense" .410 shells is about a foot wide at 15 feet. Why train to aim high and away when you can simply train to hit a target with accuracy? And why risk the adrenaline rush rather than simply having a weapon that is more predictable?

Level three up stops them, but armor only protects what it covers when it comes down to it.

Basically. Which is why I'd advise building an open bolt fixed firing pin grease gun type thing if you want full auto. It's just a milled mass of steel and a tube more or less with a basic sear to hold the bolt open.

AK platform rifles have the charging handle wielded to the bolt carrier so it reciprocates as the rifle operates. If you tie a shoelace to the trigger and then wrap it up and around the grip and then up and around the handle as the bolt goes into battery it pulls the trigger. That is a boot lace full auto.

AR platform rifles do not have a reciprocating charging handle and thus it cannot work. BTW most AR mil spec trigger groups are set up in that similar fashion and will work with the coat hanger technique. It just takes specific fitting.

Me.

Also if you're "training" to graze a target with even buckshot, then you're limiting your bullet to a .38, rather than a well placed anything besides a 22.

I've moved on.
It's cheaper and more in line with the desire for full auto to just make your own grease gun in your garage. Buy as many barrels as you want. They aren't the controlled part in the US and go to town.

When I think of home defense shotgun I think of my Rem 870 with a stock and an 18 in barrel. It is way more predictable and easier to point. If you want a home defense shotgun why are you using a judge?

Yeah, because of Sanctions, Sandy Vag, etc, buying a 400 AK that is reliable is not there any more. You could get a wasr, still have issues with QC, PSA is just shit with their pins, Noveske needs to hurry up with their shit. Still doesn't take away that AK's are fine when made by a reputable source...the price might be jack shit retarded, but I'll stand by them if the work is done right.

Let me guess... Glock mags?

If we goin' bargain bin, why not?
Gotta arm the redneck army. But we ain't got a lot of money, right?

Stock and grip are wood, long handguard that's not picatinny or mlok, whitish receiver, "let it rain" dustcover. = owner is autistic

Who cares if he picked Glock mags, at least he picked a mag for a reliable source that works.

Cheap my ass, faggot. Anything more than free is bullshit.

You still have the spread. The off target kick. Length. There's just better options if there's other people that might be within a foot of the intruder. The only one up is that very unmistakable sound a pump makes. Might make someone think twice. Assuming they can hear it.

everybody should carry guns , and be able to shoot whom ever we find threatening. like in the olden days.

you young people dont know the good ol days, with no negroes and indians.

lets go shootin. shootin is life.
guns is life.
I love guns and war...and shootin.
Eeeeeaaaahh!

glowing

you forgot the
~~~~~~~~~

Attached: 1563587527672.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

I think it was Samuel Colt that created what was called "the great equalizer"
The crossbow was a similar concept before. Something you can arm peasants with and have them be halfway effective with.
Nuclear weapons are the newest one. Everyone plays nice when you got the latest and greatest killing tools.
It's a funny thing that.

>>Not using a CNC machine to make your own fully automatic unregistered rifle.
Being this retarded that you think you need a CNC machine to even fucking do that. Thanks for showing your power level, you no guns faggot,

YEAH! The chinese have been doing it in small shacks with files for fucking decades!
>no joke.

The jigs for incomplete lowers even come with bits too. Freebie.

If only you read the fucking post user. Reread the first sentence.

>not using a file and a pair of calipers to check your thresholds.
Fucking christ you guys make me sick.

Uh, you can 3d print, or even coat hanger a drop in auto sear, retard. You can also get a 80% lower and finish it in your garage with very few power tools.
>The jigs for incomplete lowers even come with bits too. Freebie.
No 80% jig has any freebie, blue print, etc that would aid you in making a auto sear.

Lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident, you fucking glownigger.

Ohhhh. I get it. You're a fucking retard with a shotgun that's not paying attention. You got a sword by your twin bed too? Maybe a couple matching yeet cannons in a fanny pack hanging from the top bunk?

>>not using a file and a pair of calipers to check your thresholds.
You make me sick with how fucking retarded you are, you no guns faggot.

>calling the guy who correctly identified the ability to create a decent weapon with files a retard, whilst making the same point.
Someone needs to be less autistic.

Oh cool. I'll just toss mine since it doesn't exist. Thanks G I Google.

dude, /k/ is further down the list.

>AR-15
fucking pleb. get back to me when you get into the AR-10 range

Attached: 465d1fe6-7a4e-4cf2-b3bb-98a434af1a0d.png (1280x1240, 828K)

>Not using an MG42 to keep home invaders at bay
The fuck is wrong with all of you?

>not paying attention
I believe the discussion was usage of a judge over invariably better weapons.
The poster indicated that in order to remain in the realm of shotguns, he imagined his own, and described it.
You, however completely didnt pay attention to the words said and in turn just said something which wasn't originally relevant to the question at the end of his post.
You're not paying attention moron.

Wtf would I need a file? I can get a god damn 80% and finish it with a fucking hand drill (which I have several times). If I was making this shit at home from complete scratch, yeah, a file would DEF need a file. Literally the only one who is autistic is you.

no wild hogs worth worrying about around these parts, i have small kids in the house and can;t trust them not to fuck with it and it only takes one lapse, no point having it for home defense if it's not loaded and ready at all times, and finally if i'm the one that has to pick up a rifle to defend this country then we've already lost because there are far more qualified people in the military doing that job already

Did you at any point in your process happen to deburr, finish, reshape, or really do anything at all that related to cutting metal?

No comments about shotguns? Spread even from full length barrels? Length being an issue? Kick?

You've never held a shotgun, have you?

Well, either way, you just go full Biden and fire away darlin.

>tfw I make a comment about cheap chinese knockoff guns
>It turns into an autistic rant about the need for files in gun manufacture
Neat.

>Biden
I prefer Cheney.
Hunting accident....

Shotguns not having range is a video game meme
With a shotgun you can aim better than with a pistol at 50 metres as you lay her onto the shoulder
A pistol is not a bad choice for home defence tho

Oooh. Good point. I was thinking of the "2 blasts in the air" thing.

Again, if it were relevant it would've been added, but you dont seem to understand how the flow of conversation works.
Why would I make any remark based on that when I'm simply calling you out for being a hypocrite?

There's two blasts in the air for sure.
Then a thud as your "accident" unfolds.
Just like a "Bob Ross" happy little accident.
Know what I'm sayin'?

>the new Sup Forums
Yeah it'll be that way.

No, I dont even think you knew what you were saying.

It's always been that way.
You remember "Sup Forums will argue about anything" threads?
They spawned for a reason.

See that's why I was talking about carbines. Just as easy as a pistol but with a little more accuracy and control. Compact also.

I don't think you understand much of anything.
Now file my edges, bitch.

Been talking since it started. Shhhhhh now.
Shhhhh

Dude.
Holy shit.

True, but its evolving, like language, but faster.
Just little things get tossed into it until the whole page is just arguing.

It looks aesthetic tho

You think you're gonna pick a headshot on an intruder holding a family member or loved one period?

Good. Hopefully this thread will get pruned now so dumpster guy and his dad can clean their shotguns

Because I'm right handed and left eye dominant.

I do infinitely better with pistols.

With my MG42 I just walk my kill line from the wall above his head into his ass as he runs away because he knows that line is going straight for his face and there's nothing he can do about it.

So because I correctly called you out for misinterpreting the posters reply, you now just want me to not talk.
Very convenient.

Do you think you have a better chance of doing it with a shotgun versus a single bullet? The odds are going to suck either way, but you're picking the worst option for that scenario.

What? I don't like rough edges....

Shhhhhhhhhh.
You got school tomorrow. Seepy times.

>this reasoning
now you lost me.

Stops them from killing but won't it still knock them on their ass pretty hard?

>projection.

It probably wouldn't stop it from killing them, the equivalent force would be enough to perform a precordial thump.

>You think you're gonna pick a headshot on an intruder holding a family member.
At the 20-30 ft of an indoor confrontation?
Of course.

Attached: 340PD_7yrds.jpg (750x562, 67K)

Shit sorry dude here.

Attached: HH-chalk-file-2.jpg (1200x1200, 151K)

I'm saying don't fucking shoot. If they've grabbed a loved one its over unless they struggle like hell. None of us are gign or swat or gru or anything else. I love guns and I'm pretty good with mine but I will never be good enough to shoot past a loved one's body. The risk is too great.