If you could, what would you do to make Canada great again?

If you could, what would you do to make Canada great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec#Language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd start with a good purging.

Separate east and west Canada. The country is too sparsely populated for such a large land mass.

This election, my vote didn't even matter (Saskbro) because Trudope basically had the vote once Thunder Bay/Kenora were counted.

The demographics change quite a bit from eastern to Western Canada. It would be interesting to see.

Sounds good, but what about B.C.? Are there even any economic benefits to remaining together?

They'd effectively become the Toronto of the West i'd imagine. We might need to kick some slopes back to China but we would need to utilize the ports to sustain an economy.

I mean, what are the benefits for Eastern and Western Canada to remain together?

Economic and political stability.

Anglo secessionism would be a good start.
New country with the old flag and anthem.

Alternatively, eject Toronto from the Dominion. Force it to become a ghetto city state.

Prohibition of duty free shopping in my country. Time to ween you off the teat of prosperity and let you stand on your own 2 feet for once.

Tough love.

Where do I sign up?

It's not even really worth it right now with the state of the dollar.

We only want your cheap booze/smokes/chew anyway...

precisely this, which is why quebec could never separate, as they take out $2.84 for every $1 they put into the federal government.

If anything, we should push for recognition for the culture differences between our regions, as multicult doesn't exist outside of toronto and it is a farce to our proud heritage and identity.

this as well.

he didn't win b/c he was the best candidate, he won out imamclair as the best alternative in the protest vote. he won b/c of the gta and the maritimes.

The east needs to grow up and stop bitching about the fisheries and blaming all conservatives. they're the reason we keep electing god damn federal liberals.

also the gta just needs to be pushed towards ndp, so they can split the left vote

No more prime minister who's only accomplishment is taking selfies with college students and managing to gay up our anthem

remove cucks.

Do any leafs on here live in the territories? Been considering getting away from the sad state Vancouver's currently in

Quebec out.

Toronto can join whatever third world shit hole it's across the lake from

>multicult doesn't exist outside of Toronto

It may not be on the same scale as Toronto, but every urban centre i've traveled to in the past 5-7 years in western Canada has an abundance of poos, muzzies, chinkers, and africans. Plus we've got fucking natives out here which are equivalent to American niggers with their Gibs and pack mentality.

>the gta just needs to be pushed towards ndp, so they can split the left vote

Absolutely, the NDP can be our useful idiots.

I love me some Brad Wall.

did you faggots see the smear campaign against my boy/old MP Chris Alexander?

>NDP from vancouver says he personally gave the immigration file of the drowned beach kid to alexander personally
>inquiry is called to save face
>liberals jump on it
>CBC jump on it
>turns out he did nothing wrong, went thru the process like all other applicants, and never personally nor his staff receive that file
>damage is done anyway
>holland wins his seat back

a good career was assassinated by the left/msm

also you can't do that to toronto, as they are the pillar of capital and investment in this country

t. I hate toronto with a passion

this desu

>elect a drama teacher/snowboard instructor
>not the half-french jew lawyer
>not the albertan economist

I don't know but I want all you fucking leafs out from Sup Forums

You are literally worse posters than the Turks

OUT OUT OUT

Certainly put more emphasis on education and critical thinking. That would eliminate just about all of the posts in this thread, but I could live with that.

I love you too.

Go back in 1759 with two nukes and send them over Great Britain.

id make it a law that grimes has to be my gf

Your currency is worth less, I'm aware thr exchange rate is awful.

The cost of gasoline is significantly cheaper, designer clothing as well. Let's not pretend you faggots don't regularly cross the border to fill up your gastanks and clear out bulk-shopping stores/outlets of everything.

Stop doing it. Learn to be self sufficient.

is it really that bad? I had no idea, but it's been a decade since I've been west of sudbury.

Again though, the definition of weedman senior mostly applies to TOR, maybe VAN, but being minorities being dominated by chinese and indian with a small minority of redskins doesn't qualify as multicult.

Not that it matters, as it is a baseless and horrible idea intent on re-inventing this country's history and heritage to destroy our collective anglo-french identity.

that's 80% plus of Canadians.

he doesn't support free market capitalism and consumerism between our two great nations for some spurgy, autistic reason

why do you hate america, user? why do you hate the free exercise of capital that supports american business?

you're not a commie, are you?

>cape vincent, NY is a short ferry ride away from me
>might go there today

give britain control again

Why self suffice when we can leach on your decaying nation

Easy, bring back the PC party and eliminate the Cons. One good right party vs a three way left split. Suddenly Canada becomes moderately right again, and continues to prosper.

Then we can be eu for a short while

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Either you're subservient and dependent on the superior American economy and admit your inferiority, or you stop coming here and hold onto the false ideals of Canadian superiority.

Can't have it both ways.

>learn to be self sufficient
says the amerifat who is at the same time relying on Canadian oil and other Primary sector resources

Separate the West and the East. Toronto and Montreal shouldn't be making the decisions for Sask, Alb. BC, ect

>decaying
>staggeringly more successful than a British colony

Why is living British Royalty on your money? Is it to remind you you're someone else's property?

> Canada
> Great Again
> Again

Start using all that soil that you have, you guys have the same potential as the US, just not enough ppl.

Untrue, most of American reserves are from Alaska and Texas which are American territories.

Stop duty free shopping in my country maplenigger.

70% of their country is frozen tundra. You're retarded.

The Anglo nations should come closer together. We should start with trade deals, and then perhaps investments in the more sparsely populated areas such as the Australian Outback and Canadian territories to take pressure off of the big cities in those countries, and make them cheaper to live in.

It's to remind us we don't have Obama as our leader

MB for western Canada please

Why did the Queen just draft Canadians into the Turkish conflict instead of her own soldiers? Is it because you ARE her soldiers and to be used as cannon fodder before she deploys British people into a potentially hazardous warzone?

I'm trying to figure this out.

Commonwealth Free Movement Organization. Go sign the petition. I don't have link sorry

They still have a ton of good land, they just need to bring back family values and start making at least 3 children each family. I've been there, I know the one all mighty single road, and I've seen there's plenty of space on both sides of that road.

I'd rather die for queen and country than an ape

There aren't enough people and there is my enough money. They'd have to import an awful lot of labor to accomplish that.

oops, my bad, yank. I think you might be assuming I'm a syrup nigger who thinks canada is better than the united states for some archaic reason.

It used to be "we are more european and thus more sophisticated than you" but now it's "at least we aren't american!"

I fucking despise those people. Canadians who can't find anything to be proud of in our great nation's history and heritage and resort to comparing us to the US is fucking ridiculous.

America is the best, the Constitution is the greatest document ever written, and I'm glad we are neighbours and friends. 100% genuine.

Does that convince you?

the proportional power of toronto and the GTA is much too high, but those provinces relay on the infrastructure, investment, and opportunities that only come via Toronto.

Without Toronto you'd be forced to look at Vancouver and increase port exports. But to where? Too expensive to ship anything but lumber down the west coast of america, meaning you'd be reliant on the chinese paper dragon economy.

we didn't rebel like you did, we are proud of our dual-heritage of being a product of the Anglo and French empires, arguably the greatest empires of the modern age.

It's our past and our pride, why take pot shots at it?

this desupai.

God Save the Queen and the Maple Leaf Forever.

Trade deal incoming in the next month or two, tell May to put on a power-suit.

Your Queen is a Germanic Jewish usurper. The house of Windsor has no genetic ties to the true royal bloodline of Stewart. None. Your life is a lie. Stop coming here to shop.

>Bulgaria
>12% Muslim

Fuck off slav

>If you could, what would you do to make Canada great again?

Remove welfare from natives.

Prove me wrong. Pro-tip you can't.

>relying on Canadian oil and other Primary sector resources

Sure, USA would collapse without Canadian resources. There are no other sources, anywhere...?

Try paying for socialized healthcare if we were forced to defend our own borders. The US has been paying for Canada's healthcare since it came into existence.

you are quite articulate for a mexican intellectual, pedo.

see you in toronto in december ;)

you're entirely right, btw.

we can do it without importing foreigners and development takes care of itself. British real estate moguls are looking at Canada and Aussie land for international investment opportunities.

This is our thread m8. You and King Kong can leave

The Norse lived in Canada for hundreds of years before the Dutch arrived with their fur trading empire. England was late to the party, unfashionably late.

have fun with that spotty satellite internet and $15 cereal boxes m8

Stop duty free shopping in my country.

I thought trade surpluses were supposed to be a good thing.

I lived in vancouver for about a year after collage.

I'm going to nyc in 3 days, also planning to visit canada, see you there in a week john.

the french were the first to establish a presence.

The few vikings that were here lasted less than two generations, as trying to farm in newfoundland was more difficult than in scotland or ireland.

the dutch trading companies came here to establish an economic foothold, but nothing substantial ever came from it. Instead, they went further south by the coast where it was fertile and easier to live, New Amsterdam aka Jew York.

The point still stands: this country was established by Anglo and French empires, and was then populated and settled by irish and scots.

thanks for trying your hand at canadian history, yank.

You couldn't even keep Canadian oil Canadian. You realize the level of foreign investments makes the controlling interests foreign, right?

That massive pipeline currently being constructed belongs to Chinese, Arabs and Americans thanks to your PM. All your gold and diamonds belong to Russia because they're the only people trained and able to mine/live in those arctic conditions.

How long are you going to make excuses for your Countries shortcomings ITT? I'll readily and willingly admit to my country's faults.

>1608 is when Europeans came to Canada to start doing business.

You realize that the Norse never left Canada...right? Newfies are a mutant population of Irish mixed with Norse people. Just go there, it's awful.

They were more than capable and did in fact do massive amounts of business in what is now Canada having successfully thrived for 1,000+ years in Iceland/Greenland prior to occupying ans establishing colonies in Canada. Significantly colder and more desolate there than in Quebec, Ontario or Newfoundland.50

>You couldn't even keep Canadian oil Canadian. You realize the level of foreign investments makes the controlling interests foreign, right?

You mean all those Canadian companies that bought dirt for pennies and sold at oil = $150/barrel?

The Chinese are welcome to overpay for our resources and we'll buy them cheaper on the open market.

>That massive pipeline currently being constructed

What massive pipeline?

Some of the norse survived for far more than two generations, they settled up farther north in areas populated by Inuit.

They ended up getting caught out by temperature changes or some shit and ended up breeding into the Inuit tribes. You can still find traces of norse blood in some Inuit tribes to this day.

Thanks for trying your hand at Canadian history, LEAF.

>You mean all those Canadian companies that bought dirt for pennies and sold at oil = $150/barrel?

Yeah, the ones that are now closed because Oil is worth less than $60 a barrel and they couldn't afford to compete.

>The Chinese are welcome to overpay for our resources and we'll buy them cheaper on the open market.

Except that that isn't how markets work, and the Chinese aren't overpaying.

>What massive pipeline?

Take your pick, there's three currently under construction, all 3 of them are owned by foreign investors.

With pleasure you crown loving cuck

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

This is why you retards depend on America for everything.

>takes almost $3 for every $1 they put in

You can't afford to leave, you're ours.

France will give them gibs. Right? Kek.

Montréal is a nice city though bantz aside.

That's categorically untrue, all of it.

The only settlements on the extreme east coast of NFL lasted maybe 2 generations, anything else were expeditions looking for land or resources.

none of that is sourced and none of that is true.

also

>he thinks foreign investment into resource-industries means they're foreign operated/controlled

top kek for thinking you know anything about resource/mineral legislation in canada.

It's incredibly ridiculous that a retard like you is smug in your errors.

saudi's tried to push frackers out of the market, ended up fucking us. the wars will envelop saudi arabia soon enough and oil will sky-rocket.

Maybe not, but I wouldn't worry. If oil is good, great. If not, we needed to diversify our economy anyways, as we look like (on paper) a 3rd world model.

I wouldn't worry about the paper dragon of china. They don't have long until something catastrophic happens either economically or politically that'll throw their assumed weight on the international markets in turmoil.

>owning a majority of a company in any industry heavily regulated and taxed by the feds
>feds are still able to exercise executive rights

Enough separitism nonsense, from Quebec or Alberta.

We're all Canadians damnit, we can solve our problems without splitting our nation up.

>Except that that isn't how markets work, and the Chinese aren't overpaying.

Buying Canadian oil companies when oil is valued at $150/barrel is the definition of overpaying. What do you think the value of the investment the Chinese made at the peak of oil's value is worth now? I guarantee it's not =.

It's not being built.

Not enough cultural enrichment

>trading with China is bad

They're an economic super power. A lot of our trade currently relies on China

Quebec here. I'm not necessarily for separation, but don't you dare call me a Canadian. I'm not part of your artificial nation.

>4 stages already complete and emptying oil and natural gasses from Canada
>it's not being built

Lolwut

>I'm french

Look at your flag again.

I never claimed I was French. We were separated from France earlier than you were separated from Britain.

FPBP

careless immigration policy / refugee programs have fucked this country.

I never said trading with China is bad.

I would caution over-reliance on them, as it would only take a few short steps to get them on the brink of destruction.

ergo why the chinese CB has more foreign currency on hand than the rest of the world's CB combined, and why investor confidence in international investment of china outside banking is next to zero.

they are also not a super power. the united states is, and perhaps the collective EU (including Britain). Too disorganised in labour and standards, too regulated in commie kickbacks, too corrupt. It also doesn't come to terms with the fact that china is not a culturally, economically, or politically homogenous country.

We have to reckon with the beast we have created with our trade, at some point.

>I'm not Canadian
>I'm not French

What are you then?

annex it

Quebecoise, of course.

Bloody hell...

So, Canadian. Okay.

As a commonwealth I truly hope you understand Britain would never let you establish your own country without earning your freedom through warfare. I'd advise you against going to war with Britain.

Nah, you were subordinated to the Anglo-Saxon race by Wolfe on the plains of Abraham.

Irrelevant. Nations exist irregardless of countries and borders. There's a clear distinction between Canadians and Quebecois. I don't know anybody here who call themselves Canadian.

>I never claimed I was French. We were separated from France earlier than you were separated from Britain.

This is an interesting take that I've never been exposed to before. The "not a real nation" is clearly something taught by separatist Quebecois, but interesting none the less. Care to elaborate?

Do you mean to say that you were "not a vassal of French imperial hegemony and financial interests" before 1763?

>irregardless
>countries exist without borders

Laying it on thick. Here's some haute patisserie for your efforts mon amis.

No, what I'm saying is that we were separated from France and evolved differently enough to be considered a fully distinct nation, and not "French". French is our language, but not our identity.
I said nations exist without borders. Nations and countries are two very different things. Go look them up.

>irregardless

that's a word on uneducated faggots use, user. Seeing as you're on Sup Forums and not that, I'd urge you to extinguish it from your grammar (I'm assuming you speak english 2nd).

That "clear distinction" is only clear b/w rural quebecois and urban canadians. but we are virtually indistinguishable when you compare like with like.

The scots who settled the rideau lands also settled the banks of the st lawrence in quebec.

also:
> I don't know anybody here who call themselves Canadian
>2011 census Quebecois put their ethnicity as "Canadian" over 33% of the time
>the rest were "French, Scot, Irish..."

Nuke everything except scottish NS and NFLD

Get rid of Trudeau. That's literally all you have to do. Outside of Ontario and Vancouver, everybody laughs at him. We're already still very white and still very Christian so that's accounted for.

also Canada's too large and disjointed in culture to justify us being one united country, most federal politics only effect Ontario and Quebec.

The west, the east, and the north almost never play a role in federal politics.

I live in the shithole that is Victoria. First thing I'd do is round up all the homeless and send them into the ocean on a garbage barge filled with crack and meth. Any who manage to return are sent to Vancouver

You east coast cucks literally gave us Trudy over EBTS.

It's you that deserves nuking desu.

>(I'm assuming you speak english 2nd).
I do, but I'm indistinguishable from a native English speaker.

>That "clear distinction" is only clear b/w rural quebecois and urban canadians. but we are virtually indistinguishable when you compare like with like.
That's bullshit. Obviously we're more similar than, say, a Canadian and a Russian, since we're closer, but we still have well enough differences to be distinct people.

census Quebecois put their ethnicity as "Canadian" over 33% of the time
Yeah, because we've unfortunately got a ton of immigrants here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec#Language
If you were to ask only real Quebecois, it would be way under 33%.

I agree, you're a second nation but you're within a nation. I support your nationhood and actually support most of your ludicrous language laws in all things. I want Quebecois culture to survive, but two things need to happen:

>1. stop electing liberals and faggy socialists who want to import french-speaking africans to destroy the ethnic homogeneity of quebec, while also platforming to treat visiting anglos like shit b/c they don't speak french
>2. anything subsidised by the government must be offered in english

If you can go to vancouver and demand healthcare in french, the opposite must be allowed in quebec.

separatists are just commie agitators who were supported by (((experts))) since the 1830s.

East Coast isn't cucked, they just vote liberal because conservatives fucked the fishing industry nearly three decades ago now.

They're the equivalent of Aussie tasmanians. They spew conservative/traditional opinions but they always vote liberal out of spite.