30 mins into it and legit scared for the future of film-making

>30 mins into it and legit scared for the future of film-making

Who gave this a greenlight?

Honestly only needs 5 minutes explaining all the Medivth thing with the demons, other than that is ok, not good but better than Dungeons & Dragons

>this is a film

This isn't high art, it's a product to get people into cinema seats.

If studios could constantly churn out profitable kino they wouldn't make this.

There's dozens of amazing films made every year that deserve more recognition than they actually get.

Name a more horribly cast film.

Also,

>China

Dude I don't know what the fuck they were smoking. Theres some parts with the orcs that are okay... the guy who plays Lothar was fine too I guess...

But dear lord the rest of the cast was fucking awful.

Paula Patton is fucking sexy as hell but she just walks around with a shitty mouthpiece and they digitally made her green. Like at least try to act primitive, I just don't get it.

Khadgar is straight out of an MTV show.

Medivh looks bored as hell and phones it in.

The world looks like shit.

Dialogue is ass.

But what makes no sense to me and shouldn't even be a complaint. There's literally zero fan service.

We can thank China for the sequels.

You know what's even scarier?
A lot of Blizzdrones were pretending this film was fine back when it first came out.

Because for a video game movie, it could've been a whole lot worse.

no they weren't, Warcraft fans were the first to shit on this movie because it just shat on the source material

I loved this film. I don't think Western Audiences are ready to accept High Fantasy as a widespread genre though. Which is a shame, because it could be the next capeshit given how huge a lot of Fantasy books are like the Wheel of Time and the Sword of Truth

If its not Lord of the Rings or Sword'n'Tits people associate it with dice-rolling virgins

>was obsessed as a teenager about the Warcraft-lore
>read many Warcraft-books
>played WC3 and WoW endlessly

Even I didn't see it.

Is it as bad as I expect it is?

Wc3 defined my teenage years.

Yes, the movie was shit.

>Who gave this a greenlight?

Someone who likes a sure bet?

160 mil to make
320 with ads
433 gross

Plus the long tail.

Is this where someone suggests making 100 million more than twice the production budget is just not enough to generate any profit? It's getting fucking ridiculous.

why are vidya adaptations so fucking bad all the time? the same with manga adaptations. what is it that makes hollywood literally unable to make a competent movie in these genres?

Jews don't play videogames

They really fucked up sword of truth with that shit series.

B/c the makers end up cucking themselves trying to please fans rather than making a congruent movie.
>aka reddit

How does it sell so well overseas? China?

idk most of the time they just end up either discarding the lore entirely and do some generic retard screenplay or try to please fans by staying somewhat true to the source material but completely failing at transferring what made the franchise likable to the big screen. either way they can't adapt vidya or manga for shit.

China.

This is why you see more and more "asian representation" in Hollywood. AKA fucking pandering.

China's market is so fuckhuge, one in five people on the planet is a Chinese national, and their economy is growing.

The economy of scale means that in a decade the rise or fall of your movie depends on how well it's received in China. Some argue that's the case already. But the long term effects will be horrible because China is a shitty country with massive lists of taboos (from the no ghosts horseshit to not even appearing to criticise communism or anything Chinese). So they'll start censoring. And everything will need a token Asian, or a plot point in eastern mysticism or a Chinese setting or shoehorned Pandas or otherwise blatant pandering.

Of course calling this into question or asking why we're rolling over for a dictatorship in disguise will not be allowed. Media will not ask such questions. They will continue praising this "diversity", and asking why there are still so many white people in Hollywood. Most of which are jews.

Orc parts were decent but the human parts were fucking ass and all the actors involved were so terrible

Yea I liked it too, didn't have many issues at all and there was plenty of fan service.

it was ok

Gul'dan was awesome

Now this is shit taste.

it wasn't good, but it wasn't bad enough to be enjoyable either. big disappointment

it was me dude sorry I was kinda drunk

The movie was a money laundering scheme for the chinks and mediocre schlock. Shoulda just made the second one into a movie and started the age of fantasykino.

As an avid warcraft player I can confirm this movie was worse than 9/11

Imagine if this was the last movie you made before your dad died. Like, he saw this, and then died because it was so bad and he was so disappointed in you as a son.

why would the chinks need to launder money if the people who own the corporate entity responsible (wanda) are also the chinese government?

the chinese market is a clear example of exchanging yield for volume.

not sure what user is talking about specifically bot hot money is a big thing in china. Leads to lots of foreign investment like buying half of vancouver BC and developing african colonies.

The main problem was it being rushed.
This storyline could have easily been a 3 parter and it would have been great.
6/10, i have high hopes for the future because the Illidan and Lich King movies are hard to fuck up.
They just need to take it easy and make it a multi parter or a 2 1/2 hour deal.

>We can thank China for the sequels.

there will be sequels?

What fans were they trying to please with this mess of a plot that felt like they unloaded an artillery gun into the storyline? This flick could have been a monumental success if they were "trying to please fans".

>We can thank China for the sequels.

Thank god all those chinks stopped evacuating their flooded cities to fill out Wanda owned theaters

THIS WAS A CHINK MOVIE MADE FOR CHINKS

THE CHINKS ARE THE PREEMINENT THREAT TO ANY VESTIGES OF CULTURE LEFT IN THE WORLD

PURE FUCKING GARBAGE TASTE, A PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS

It is incredible to me that they thought they could skip that part over, it makes the whole film incoherent.