JACOB'S LADDER

Sup Forums's thoughts on Jacob's Ladder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTgmXiID0gs
youtube.com/watch?v=EfMjoVYcg9g
youtube.com/watch?v=6krzUvx5Waw
youtube.com/watch?v=HF_rd2YFEiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

really good. the Nurse sequence was very creepy.

>it ain't me starts playing
Christ

DUDE JUST ACCEPT YOUR DEATH PEACEFULLY LMAO

George Costanza is in this

My asshole bleeds for such a film. True kino.

Legit the scariest film I've ever seen.
Almost ever horror movie has some kind of rules to how you stop the horror or the horror is in a location like a house or something.
Most horror in horror movies have some kind of way to avoid it or stop it.
But in Jacobs Ladder what's sop fucking scary is how this nightmarish shit seems to happy for no god damn reason at anywhere at anytime.
It could be a bright sunny day and creepy shit will still happen,
He can be in a crowded party and even then he's not safe.
Its scary as fuck and so unsettling

>can't post in a thread without resorting to ebin memes

I forget that everytime I rewatch it

The ending ruins it

Would you rather have had this?

youtube.com/watch?v=yTgmXiID0gs

How so?

Agreed. I think it's that situation of something on a higher plane interacting beyond your power that makes it so frightening. I'd love to see a director's cut with all the chopped scenes

>and your holdingon, you'll see devils tearing your life away, but if you make your peace demons are really angels freeing you from the earth. Just a matter of how you look at it, thats all.

Never saw it?
What's it about?
What's this about a ladder?
Is Jacob scared of heights?
Sounds pretty awful.
I'll watch something else.

One of my favourite films of any genre. Absolutely love it, pitch perfect and consistent atmosphere.

I don't think it's that. I think that the chemical warfare that got dropped on him, opened up doors to the spiritual world. The demons are bad and always horrify Jacob. God is the only who sets him free and is the only kid supernatural being Jacob meets.

Jacob can basically see into the supernatural realm like John on the Island of Patmos hence why he sees that woman turning into a monster/dragon. It's the spiritual things that are going on, that's all.

this is a great point. you can't control it. you can't fight it. you can't escape it.

>bright sunny day and creepy shit will still happen
True, like when those qt black girls ad lib a song about him, the postman, and not two minutes later he almost gets run over by creeps.

downloading this now. i'll probably watch it tomorrow during the day desu famalam

Nice, prepare to be disturbed

I've seen it a few times before. Last time probably 4 years ago. Definitely a top 5 horror movie.

About to go to bed, no fucking way am I watching it before going to bed.

Good call, I did that recently and couldn't sleep for two hours just thinking about death and mortality

So basically..none of the stuff back in america happened? Like the conspiracy with the drug testing and the random people getting killed, it was all in his head?

Except there was chemicals used on them in the beginning...or was that all a dream too?

It's been awhile

>"Dream on"
Whoever thought of this, knows how to drop bombs on a viewer.

>It's been awhile
All the more reason to rewatch it.

All I can remember is that he sees people as monsters and there's an 'army drugging soldiers' conspiracy.

I watched this for the first and only time while in a hospital in Germany after being wounded in Iraq.

Was very sleep-deprived, and on more pain medication than is probably healthy.

The movie freaked me the fuck out, and was seriously wondering why this was in the movie bin there in the first place.

The experimental drugs were definitely given to them. All the drug stuff after back home is Jacob's idealized vision of the outcome surrounding it

Also posting the deleted scenes in case people haven't seen em;

youtube.com/watch?v=EfMjoVYcg9g
youtube.com/watch?v=6krzUvx5Waw
youtube.com/watch?v=HF_rd2YFEiw

Personally I think they should've kept the last scene, feels like a better summation of the film events and Jacob's journey

fuck yeah

Hold up nigga
Was this in Stuttgart, and JL was on tape with a paper/cardboard case that was torn and taped back up?

oh shit. Wake up, user! WAKE UP! YOURE HAVING A NIGHTMARE!