Having my gf watch star wars for the first time with me

>having my gf watch star wars for the first time with me
>start up episode 3
>when you press play on the menu the transition is windu arresting Palpatine and him attacking
>literally ruining a major plot point before the movie starts
WHAT THE FUCK WHY WHY

You deserve it you prequel shit eater

How could you post here any not know this?

I've seen it before. She hasn't. And we're doing it in machete order.

user, if you watched it in order, it's obvious that Palpatine is the emperor.

If you watch it in any other R*ddit stupid fucking order, you deserve much worse

You deserve to feel bad for watching the star wars-prequels

What the fuck is machete order

Stupid bullshit StarCucks claim is "le true order" to them.

I repeat myself, if you are voluntarily introducing her to the prequels, and before she has a chance to see the originals, you are a shit eater.

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

Does she pay attention or does she just flip through her phone

Both

...but... Why? How does that make sense?

y u r so nu

NORMIES GET OUT

Can I get sauce OP?

i havent heard this machete thing before but my guess is ep. 4 and 5 first so you dont get the "im your dad" moment spoiled, then watch 2 and 3 for emperor-vader relation build-up and finally the ending to the whole thing with ep 6. Forget phantom menace exists

how did I do?

Sorry bub, I usually don't click on Star Wars threads. You'll never guess why.

Basically. 2 and 3 basically become flash backs and you end with 6 for the climactic ending.

Are you threatening me master Jedi?

>tfw gf has never seen, and doesn't want to see star wars original films
>mfw gf thinks hobbit films are better than lotr films

>Forget phantom menace exists

Woah, what if you actually did this and just let your imagination fill in the backstory?

Which movies/scenes would be best skipped to optimize this series?

>tfw no gf

Starcucks is the term for people who go to starbucks. The correct vernacular is Cuckwars, faggot filth.

>your girl like hobbit films
>your girl will watch lotr before star wars original trilogy.

Your girlfriends a faggot dude.

Lotr blows Star Wars out of the water you little bitch.

lol why

Cause they fucking suck and she doesn't need to know that stuff. It's way better just watching the originals and leaving the prequel crap intact in imagination

Except that order is shit because you get the surprise and then have to sit through 2 or even 3 prequel films in a row just to see the conclusion. The correct order was posted by some user here on Sup Forums, and it was

4 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 3 > 6

This way, you get most of the backstory out of the way before the twist, and after the big reveal you get to watch Anakin's downfall, followed immediately after by the conclusion to the series. It keeps the tensions high and doesn't bore you to death by making you have to watch 3 films in a row just to get to Return of the Jedi.

Disney Star Wars is not canon btw

I sort of know that feel

>read a book's introduction
>the goddamn introduction spoils the story

Everything ;^)

Agreed.

3 several hour movies about walking to a volcano.
Your taste in movies is dog shit

That OP image gave me PTSD from that scene in Man's Best Friend where the dog with spliced DNA swallows that cat whole like a python.

>machete order
So you're a retard? You deserve it.

Machete order means that she's already seen Episode 4 and 5 by the time they watch 2 and 3, then 6 caps it all off.

>read old-timey novel
>chapter names give away the entire chapter
>Chapter Seven, In Which Our Hero Meets a Lady and Falls in Love, All the While Oblivious That She Is His Long-Lost Sister