Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o
youtu.be/P9tTCGqrr0o
youtube.com/watch?v=UkGH8YtIbic
youtube.com/watch?v=CeKWVuye1YE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The jerk

superbad has to be up their. also the general by buster keaton

Ghostbusters (2016). That was a fucking riot.

>superbad
I don't know if you're joking or not because I've never seen it

It's Judd Apatow right? That's why I think you're probably kidding

Airplane!, Life of Brian, Step Brothers, Hot Rod

Coming to America or Raising Arizona
I never get tired of these.

Superbad was American Pie for its generation. The first 30 minutes are solid and it sort of loses its way after that.

Naked Gun

Superbad is surprisingly not shit for an Apatow flick.

I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago and I concluded the same thing. You nailed it, OP. Honorable mention Caddyshack, Naked Gun, Vacation (original).

>Caddyshack
I barely even cracked a smile at this shit.

I think Naked Gun is better, but I wouldn't fault someone choosing Airplane!.

Airplane
Animal House
Naked Gun (first one)
Austin Powers (first one)
The Nice Guys is a relatively recent flick but it will be remembered as one of the funnier films of the past few decades

imo, superbad was the point where comedy just started to be shit.

Out of the way, plebs.

The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie

>The Nice Guys

such shit taste

Really? Fuckin' Ted Knight in full form.

Well-articulated response, my friend! Thanks for contributing. :)

Young Frankenstein.

For some reason I just never found it funny. I realize that's a minority view.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

American Cox: The Unbearably Long Self-Indulgent Directors Cut is the single funniest movie ever made.

A Fish Called Wanda literally killed a guy.

Only Seth Rogan movie thats funny

Hot shots!

Top secret!

Young Frankenstein is the funniest Mel Brooks movie at minimum.

I don't care what any of you nerds think of this movie or your buzzwords. No movie has ever made me choke as hard or my jaw hurt as bad as watching this for the first time. It never gets old either. Not a single wasted line or shot; every scene has some little moment of pure gold. Quotable throughout the entire thing.

This is Spinal Tap

its solid throughout, user.

>most acurate portrayal of high schoolers
>10/10 exposition
>christopher mintz-plasse's performance as mclovin
>10/10 characters including mclovin, officer slater, jonah hill(in his only good role, led to his being typecasted), michael cera(same as hill), and prime emma stone(well, 2nd after easy-a, not saying shes great at all but she was good in sb).
>balances outrageousness with sensetive moments that let the characters breath
>10/10 ending

Windy City Heat

youtu.be/P9tTCGqrr0o

Airplane, Some of the Naked Gun movies, and The Big Lebowski are the all time funniest movies

Superbad is funny to normies, hilarious and SO relatable and nostalgic to betas like the leads, and a quotable riot with feeling of detachment and false superiority to Stephen Glansberg's like myself.

>Well I didn't hear anybody laughing, DID YOU?? Except at that one guy who made sound effects...

Of all the Apatow movies, I like Superbad the best. Another movie from that time period that I think was surprisingly funny and good, was Role Models, also starring Christopher Mintz.

>Beyonce pouring sugar on my dick

Aw man, you made me want to rewatch it.

Top Secret!

I liked Caddyshack and it's good, but I just can't put it on the same tier as Airplane! which is a clear next-level up over it.

Naked Gun, Vacation, Blazing Saddles... greats, but are they as good from beginning to end as Airplane!, I don't know.

Coming to America is excellent.

this is spinal tap
stir crazy
blazing saddles
airplane i/ii
sons of the desert
the pink panther
the 3 amigos
the man with 2 brains (dr. hfuhruhurr lmfao)

Johnny Dangerously

Hard to argue with Airplane. I'd put Big Lebowski and Borat way up there on the list as well.

Airplane is the actual answer but There's Something About Mary is the funniest film of the last two decades.

Also Superbad is shit.

I'd rather watch dumb and dumber

>No one here has watched any comedy from before the 90s.
Sad!

Preston Sturgis has a number of screwball comedies better than anything mentioned in this thread by himself.

>"But Mod Dynamite....I shitpost in the community!"

Top tier.
10/10 soundtrack as well.
>his head fell off?
>yeah he was pretty old

You're sad

because airplane is from 90s

kill yourself

This underrated masterpiece. Not a single unfunny joke.

Is Superbad super bad?

>because airplane is from 90s

facepalm.jpg

getaloadofthisguy.png

personally i enjoy hot rod

but most zucker/abrahams/zucker movies are hilarious.

kentucky fried movie
airplane
top secret
naked gun
naked gun 2 1/2
hot shots
hot shots part deux

Tropic Thunder and The Hangover

Kung Fury
Black Dynamite
Young Frankenstein
Spaceballs
The Three Amigos
Fletch
Any Leslie Nielsen comedy
Cable Guy
Grosse Point Blank

>Kung Fury
Get the fuck off this Earth

Oh you watched it sober. Too bad for you.

My dad didn't laugh at it either. He has no sense of humor.

If it was a good comedy it'd be funny no matter if you were drunk, high, sober, or whatever.

That's not true. Intoxicants can change lateral thinking, so if a comedy is written with lateral thinking in mind then intoxicants can enhance the experience.

History of the World, Part 1

I'd have to agree, OP.

Runner ups would be.

The Gods Must Be Crazy
Naked Gun
Spaceballs
Three Amigos
Im Gonna Get You Sucka

The movie is funny because it's funny. I need the intoxicants so I can forget my life long enough to laugh at the movie

Kung pow
Kung fu hustler

>The Nice Guys
i'm a super patient person but didnt last 10 minutes

yall are some fucking plebs

Snatch

Spies Like Us
Stripes
Blues Brothers

>you know those blaxploitation movies that are funny already?
>well we're going to do the same thing but make it wacky!
and you call other people plebs

My negros.

Shhhhh, you'll wake up the other bitches

Life of Brian is better.

Hell, the way some christians got butthurt about Life of Brian was more fun than a lot of the movies mentioned in this thread.

Kung Pow
Scary Movie 1
Basketball
Cannibal the Musical
The Onion Movie

Airplane is hilarious, but no movie has made me shit myself in hysterics like pic related

Putting this up there too

Naked Gun > Airplane

THAT was my virgin alarm, it's programmed to go off before YOU do.

definitely an underrated movie

Is this the best mix of sexy and funny ever?

>not seeing the fun in fools who refused to see that it wasn't a movie about Jesus

You can believe in Jesus all you want. But when you're having a debate on television because you think your faith is being hurt by a comedy movie set at the time when Jesus lived then you better get ready to have your ass laughed at.

I liked Trading Places

VINTAGE BUZZ HARLEY

why were tits so much better in the 80's

No internet

They really weren't. That lady just happened to have some really great ones.

>Shaolin Soccer
one of the best action/sport/comedies ever created
and
>not a single mention of Hot Fuzz
come ON

Less pollution. Less plastic crap. Less diabetes. Less endocrine disruptors in the environment. Less childhood obesity.

Pic related is top tier.

I'm not the person you replied to, but you're a fedorafag because you brought up some bullshit subject that anyone who disliked Life of Brian (which is purely theoretical as nobody does), disliked it because it made fun of Jesus. Or that your bullshit assertion that it made christians butthurt as the primary reason it's comedy is so great, makes you a fedoratipping faggot of exceptional rank.

This Is Spinal Tap is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkGH8YtIbic
or the big lebowski

I did neither of those things. Stop looking for things to be outraged by.

I stand by my assertion that the fact that there was a public debate aired on television over a comedy movie because of a butthurt priest is fucking hilarious, and easily rivals a lot of movies mentioned in this thread because of the insanity of there being a publicly broadcasted debate on such a silly subject.

This is Spinal Tap; Back to School; Caddyshack; The Foot Fist Way; Fletch; Fubar; Kingpin; Happy Gilmore; Vacation; WNUF Halloween Special

>I did neither of those things
>Hell, the way some christians got butthurt about Life of Brian was more fun than a lot of the movies mentioned in this thread.
So fuck off, you're the one that started it with that dipshit comment, you deserve any fedora images (You'd) at you. You could've just said "Life of Brian was better" (which is the truth), but no, you had to add some fedora-tipping bullshit for the (You)s.

How the hell can you not see the funny in this: youtube.com/watch?v=CeKWVuye1YE ? Not only does it have funny people saying funny things(and I don't mean just the Pythons), it's got the ludicrous basis of having a long televised debate over a comedy movie, where a bishop simply refuses to acknowledge that the movie wasn't ridiculing Jesus.

Was it because I said "some christians" rather than explicitly pointing out the debate? I just assumed everybody would get what I was referencing since it was such a thing along with the movie.