Tell me about your cunt's gun laws, how bad are they compared to the best, like based Arizona...

Tell me about your cunt's gun laws, how bad are they compared to the best, like based Arizona? What are your personal feelings about them, are you frustrated about your lack of freedom and responsibility, or are you happy about living in a draconian shithole?

Picture related, the guns that out supreme overlord government deigned to let me, my friend and my otouto buy and possess.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany
dagbladet.no/nyheter/her-blir-den-helt-tilfeldige-mannen-visitert-midt-pa-gata-i-oslo---aldri-sett-liknende/
viranomainen.fi/Daniel Defense?_tr=9473
dagbladet.no/nyheter/her-blir-den-helt-tilfeldige-mannen-visitert-midt-pa-gata-i-oslo---aldri-sett-liknende/68696597
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I live in Arizona but I only own one shotgun and one hunting rifle because I am a minimum wage slave and can't afford more. My rich fag father however, has enough guns to supply a small army.

>rednecks buy guns for themselves instead of supporting their children
Fuckibg subhumans

my dad could support me if he wanted to but hes an old fashioned boomer so he wants me to make it on my own

>compared to the best, like based Arizona?
Pretty shit. No CC without permit (despite the state constitution explicitly stating I have the right to bear arms for defense); no loaded long guns in vehicles.

I live in AZ, still /noguns/ though. I live with a toddler and a very impulsive teenager.

They're not that strict. You may own a pistol or a hunting rifle, as longs as you have a permit.

It's probably best that I don't have a gun, as I will probably use it to commit suicide.

Your laws are hands down the worst out of all nordicks.

It's also your right to not own a gun, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. Just because you don't trust yourself with a gun doesn't mean that others can't be responsible.

We don't have a gun culture here. When we want to kill someone, we just stab them to death. Also, i fucking love guns, and my grandmother is a huntress.

New Hampshire here - very comfy gun laws

we have one of the strictest gun laws in the world.
for more infos en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany
in short, to legally buy and own a gun in germany you need an "Waffenschein" meaning an firearms license, for an privat person it's pretty much impossible to get one.

There's been talk in my state, Colorado, about letting school staff carry guns. I think this is a good move forward. But overall Colorado isn't the best, especially not Denver itself, but at least it's still in the USA, so it's good compared to a lot of the world.

Here's a picture of my first gun. A 1911.

Here it is after it was finished, cerakoted it in my oven.

I have it setup for 45 super instead of 45 ACP. Heaviest mainspring you can get, square off firing pin stop and slightly buffed recoil spring.

>based Arizona
this
never understood the Sup Forums >le American gun rights are bad meme

It's trendy to hate and make fun of Americans, combined with the fact that most people aren't capable of critical thinking.

love me Amerimutt memes tbf

To answer the OP they're completely banned. Unless you're in the military you're not touching one.

t. undercover Amerishot

>love me Amerimutt memes tbf
Nothing wrong with making fun of something, but this goes beyond that. People genuinely believe that US would be better off with strict gun control.

No idea to be honest. I've no desire to own a gun, or feel unsafe not having one. I don't feel distrustful towards the government in that way. I don't know of anyone in my extended family & friends that has a gun. I prefer to live in the society we have now rather than everyone armed like back in the days of the wild west. If you'd seen some of the nutters walking around in London you might understand why.

This is a pretty clear example of cognitive dissonance.

English history is full of the population being denied rights by tyrants. It's honestly a miracle that the descendants of these "people" produced the founding fathers.

IMO our laws could use some loosening, not going full don't step on snek and starting to sell guns at gas stations tomorrow morning but reservist shooting should be a more widely encouraged hobby and easier to get into. Not many countries have such an excellent basis to build a very healthy gun culture upon.

I don't think it's surprising, the people who were fed up with the Crown's bullshit moved to North America. Not all bongs are retards, and there are many people who are fighting to reinstate their natural rights in the UK. Problem is that it's an uphill battle, and the hill is steep indeed.

and if you get attacked by one of these nutters are you going to take a beating for the next 30min until the batong and tazer enforcers come?

English history is largely about them inventing modern liberalism. They might not have been as intensely distrustful of government as we turned out to be but they weren't nearly as susceptible to tyranny as continental Europeans

They might not be as liberal as they used to be but we aren't doing much better

cringe, fuck off pekka

you have no idea what you're talking about

>Tell me about your cunt's gun laws
There are 3 categories of firearms here, non-restricted (hunting shotguns and rifles), restricted, and prohibited. The first requires a simple class and license, then it gets more difficult and expensive from there. As long as you aren't a felon or mad you can get basically any gun you want, though use and transport are regulated.
>how bad are they compared to the best, like based Arizona?
They are more restrictive than Arizona's
>What are your personal feelings about them
I enjoy firearms and hunting. I currently own 3 not including my bow. A .270, .22, and a 12 guage.
>are you frustrated about your lack of freedom and responsibilit
No, I unironically believe that the Canadian system has proven extremely effective.
>are you happy about living in a draconian shithole
I don't like how arbitrary the classifications can sometimes be and would like them better streamlined.

Yes, that was the implication. Most British people do not believe in right to self-defense.

>a culture based on owning instruments designed solely for the purpose of killing

yes, that is truly the highest form of culture a country should wish to achieve

>muh feelings

>muh guns

>That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.
-George Orwell, an Englishman.

I honestly think that the British government mistook nineteen eighty-four for an instruction manual.

shit's fucked desu

>hitler was killed by a gun
Now your hatred makes sense. Will you ever be able to forgive guns?

>the people who were fed up with the Crown's bullshit moved to North America.

Wut?

I think you and the yanks itt are confusing the Crown for the British parliament. Historically the British Crown promoted use and familiarity with weapons, especially bows, among the people. In 262 years of Canada under the same Monarch as Britain, no one has tried to disarm or overly regulate our guns and we enjoy more relaxed gun laws than many parts of the USA, particularly large municipalities.
Having said that, the Brit was right, our guns are for hunting, collecting, and investing. No one here owns a gun for defence or protection against a shitty government.

Not as strict as in most countries but they're still fairly strict. Basically you need to have a permit to own handguns (not sure if rifles and automatics are allowed, though personally I've never heard of non-military people who have them); to have a permit, you need to undertake a whole-day written and psychological exam. The permit is for two or three years if I recall correctly, then you have to do all of that again. My family has a gun but I think it's in a safe and I don't know (and don't want to know) the combination and personally I've never even seen it.

>No one here owns a gun for defence
Delusion.

>As long as you aren't a felon or mad you can get basically any gun you want
Except AKs, because they're evil. Or any other gun on the prohib list.

>No, I unironically believe that the Canadian system has proven extremely effective.
Yes, because wasting tax money with an ineffective registry and forcing gun owners to limit their semi-auto mags to 5/10 with an easily removable pin is so reasonable and so effective.

You're better off than Bongs and Nips, but that's where it ends. Even Krauts have better laws.

A man with a gun is a man who isnt a slave to destiny

Being capable of using lethal force if needed to protect yourself or your loved ones isn't a bad thing, nor is keeping up or developing our capability to defend our nation.
Not to even mention that shooting is fun and animals are tasty

>No one here owns a gun for defence or protection against a shitty government.
Go to /k/ and talk to your countrymen, you'd be surprised.

you're going to die one way or another
be it a gun loving autistic manchild or a reasonable human being with common sense

We are speaking in generalities.

Like I said, I would like to see the sometimes arbitrary classifications more streamlined and sensible, the AK is a good example, and is non-restricted if it's a Saiga shotgun, which is just a shotgun AK . I have no problem with magazine capacity restrictions because again, they are primarily for hunting, and an ethical hunter has no need for more than 5 rounds immediately available. If we had open boar hunting or coyote hunting with no bag limits I would understand the need, but we don't have that.

Be that as it may, you can also be a reasonable human being with common sense and a gun, which is the best of the bunch.

Georgia (US)
you can own any handgun or long rifle you want without permit unless you want to conceal it in which case you must get a CC permit through your local police department where you are subject to a background check. You used to need to go through the same process to own a suppressor but that was lifted fairly recently and you just need to register them and pay for a $200 tax stamp.
You can also own a fully automatic weapon as long as it was manufactured before 1986 although you can only buy them from approved dealers and you are subject to another $200 tax stamp and another background check.
The pictures about buying AR-15s and stuff at walmart are 100% true. I can drive to one and be back at my house with one in my hand within about 45 minutes.
Additionally, my state is known for having a few cities/towns that REQUIRE the head of each household to own a gun with exceptions given out to those with disabilities or if you are ideologically opposed for whatever reason. The places with such laws are noted for having far lower crime rates than the surrounding areas.

I dont actually own a gun myself, although I would like to one day as they are quite fun to own and shoot

Or if it was my use of the word culture that triggered you, I think that is what you need to develop in order to have a populace of responsible gun owners

I’m happy to live in a country that 99% of population doesn’t have a gun
I can hang out anywhere without worrying to be short

I'd say it's just plain common sense.

>wah wah wah wah wah wah

Here's your (you) fella.

Well if they were a nutter with a gun, they could of shot & killed me.

Speaking in generalities, of course there exist Canadians who consider self-defence when purchasing guns, but it is not a common selling point here and is considered an added perk. America by contrast markets many guns for the personal and home defence market.

Personally, I'm a fudd. While I like and use guns I also promote sensible legislation and safe storage, transport, and handling.

You're talking about need, how is that relevant? You don't NEED free speech either.

And why you're defending something that can be bypassed with common tools is beyond me. If someone wanted to shoot a bunch of people, do you really think he gives a shit about magazine capacity restrictions? And if public safety is not an interest, why limit it in the first place? Annoying law-abiding people is all that the law is good for.

Anyone who is licensed can own a firearm for hunting. It has to be properly locked up and cared for, but they're not difficult to obtain. There's a big gun shop a few kms from where I live.

> without permit unless you want to conceal it
Just now learning this, time to go gun shopping.

>The pictures about buying AR-15s and stuff at walmart are 100% true.
The ones where I live only sell ammo, what county are you in?

>few cities/towns that REQUIRE the head of each household to own a gun.....having far lower crime rates than the surrounding areas
I think Kennesaw did it to take some strain off of the cops, as opposed to lower crime.

He's attempting to just abuse language, make false claim bout his country and then excuse himself from needing to be honest. Use the word need as a manipulation tactic.

>Georgia (US)
Thanks for DD.

Chatham county, right outside of Savannah

>Well if they were a nutter with a gun, they could of shot & killed me.
And if you had a gun with you, you could actually defend yourself.

>Savannah
o shit ngr
Are you in Bloomingdale or Garden City or some shit? The ones in town don't sell guns from what I've seen.

You need a seperate licence for each gun, taking several weeks every time, and they last 3 years/cost €80
You need a reason like sport/hunting/pest control and you have to be a member of a range/club/have your own land, self defense is extemely unlikely to work out
Break action shotguns are fine, semi-auto is ok if it's 3+1 I think and pump action is a no-go
Bolt action rifles are fine as long as they're under 50cal, no semi auto centrefire though but semi rimfire is ok
Nothing that looks like it's military, this is completely undefined ofcourse but basically just rules out those straight-pull ar-15s the brits like
You can't get pistol licences anymore, or anything that could be concealable I think, you can keep renewing old licences though
Longrange is really the only competition here, but you aren't allowed to reload your own ammo
Suppressors are just tick a box on the form if you want to get one for that gun
You need a safe bolted to your house and it has to be inspected, more than 5 guns and you need an alarm

I don't shoot so I don't care much, I think the actual laws don't specify much so they aren't too shit, it just comes down to what the gardaí consider reasonable
Overall the situation is kinda shitty

>Personally, I'm a fudd. While I like and use guns I also promote sensible legislation and safe storage, transport, and handling.
You're free to buy whatever guns you personally like for whatever reason, but fuck you for limiting others' gun rights to just what you perosnally enjoy. What you consider reasonable is not so reasonable under scrutiny.

They sell AR's at mine but I've never seen anyone buy anything but ammo from Walmart. Don't know who would want to buy those guns anyway

port wentworth. The walmart in Rincon carries all kinds of hunting rifles and ive certainly seen AR-15s in there before but truth be told I havnt been there in ages

>self defense is extemely unlikely to work out
Doesn't Ireland have castle doctrine, i.e. if you happen to own a gun, and shoot a burglar, you won't get convicted?

broke people

>Rincon
oh, that makes perfect sense actually.

The civilization you live in is built on people dying for things greater than themselves, its not just about whether you personally live or die

>Well if they were a nutter with a gun, they could of shot & killed me
Slave morality

Not american tier castle doctrine but yeah, if you happen to have a gun and a guy happens to be attacking you in your own house you're ok
But getting a licence for defense is not very likely to happen

>licence for defense
You need a license to defend yourself?

I literally live within 15 minutes of where Daniel Defense was founded. I had no idea they were even a thing outside of america

>Not american tier castle doctrine
>He can't shoot up a school because someone broke into his home
The absolute REPUBLIC of Ireland.

New York. Shit laws.

it's probably that they need a license to own a gun and giving "self-defense" as a reason probably isn't going to work out. It's like that in Canada from what I've heard

There are a lot of laws that are easily broken, we still have them because they make a difference in terms of liability and in the judiciary. Your car can certainly go faster than the speed limit with a tiny mechanical adjustment (foot on the accelerator) but most of the world still has speed limits. You also aren't looking at a lot of things like the fact that most gun crimes aren't heavily premeditated. Most shooters who kill aren't planning ahead far enough to watch a Youtube video on expanding magazine capacity and then doing it.
America has some similar laws btw, waterfowl hunters for example are required to use only 3 shells and sometimes place in a plastic magazine restrictor.
As for freedom of speech, it's difficult and takes too long to explain but cuts to the heart of deep Anglo culture, especially as it relates to USA and continental European cultures. Basically Anglos are naturally impericists, whereas they are rationalists. We just usually have different ideas about inherent rights and how they apply to everyone.

You should actually go and check.
Guns or not, courts here are pretty consistent about self defense.

We have a saying here, "dead men tell no stories", and this implies that if you are in a situation where you are required to defend yourself, it is highly expedient to just kill the other guy, because you can otherwise have to pay their medical fees, or at worst go to jail.

I don't know about Ireland, but if your judicial system follows the laws of logic, it should be much the same.

It's dead men tell no tales

fuck's sake

>tell no stories
i may have had a sensible chuckle

America
bretty good

You have to understand that we Euros are not free individuals, we have no rights unless they are granted by the government. Only government sanctioned speech is legal, you need a license to have necessary tools to protect yourself (and will be likely fucked over in court regardless), and even if you are just walking along downtown, you might get searched without any probable cause.

dagbladet.no/nyheter/her-blir-den-helt-tilfeldige-mannen-visitert-midt-pa-gata-i-oslo---aldri-sett-liknende/

Run this through Google translator,it's about how Norwegian police just decided to search random passerbys.

excellent thread
not Sup Forums tier sperging, and not regular Sup Forums funposting either

Oh, they are. Expensive as fuck, though.
viranomainen.fi/Daniel Defense?_tr=9473
Welcome to Finland.

It says 404 for me.

We have some problems too with checkpoints, like police stopping legal motorists to question them and see if they're drunk. We really need to find a way to stop this.

>We really need to find a way to stop this.
civil war nao

Washington doesn't deserve to exist

Pretty sure most of what I'm talking about is done by state police. But I understand your general sentiment. Washington is far outside its boundaries.

What are the posters ITT's opinions on what gun regulations should there be, if any at all? With respect to incendiary rounds, fully auto guns, anything?

First example is a false equivalence. Your cars are not limited to just what your max speed limit is, are they?

You don't even have to watch any videos, removing the pin just takes a modicum of common sense.

And most shooters who kill don't preditate their crime don't shoot so many people either that the magacity capacity would be an issue.

>incendiary rounds
>full auto
neither are problems

>what gun regulations should there be
A class of people prohibited from owning guns is fine. Like felons, violent offenders, and the like.

Messed up the link.
dagbladet.no/nyheter/her-blir-den-helt-tilfeldige-mannen-visitert-midt-pa-gata-i-oslo---aldri-sett-liknende/68696597

What about background checks on gun purchases?

Why are you so obsessed with freedom? At what point do you just become an anarchist? Western Europe, Canada, Australia, et al., have these laws because they have proven effective in reducing crime rates. We are social creatures that have to live in a civilised society, we can't just satisfy our own needs all the time, we have to make allowances for others and work to strike a balance. The only people who are consistently unable to understand this are the deeply selfish, autism sufferers, and Americans.

That's just an enforcement of the law I mentioned, wouldn't it be? That's not an actual control on guns. Background checks should be provided free of charge and instantly.

>Why are you so obsessed with freedom?
lolcanada

Full auto is less dangerous than controlled semi-auto, generally speaking.

Incendiary, ap, ap-inc, etc. are not issues. Simple rifle fmj goes through most soft body armour anyway, and cause more damage in soft tissue than ap which just pokes a hole through.

I'd say civvies should be able to own 100% of everything the government can.

honestly, anything that the US government touches turns into shit. I don't know enough about the situation to try and come up with a solution that they won't fuck up

only so long as it isn't made public. Knowing the government's track record with keeping sensitive information private, I wouldn't trust them with this

I think you're paranoid.

& if they didn't have a gun they couldn't shoot me in the first place. The chances of this scenario happening in this country are so low I'm not preoccupied with having to take a gun with me everywhere I go.

Why do you want to live like a slave?
>Western Europe, Canada, Australia, et al., have these laws because they have proven effective in reducing crime rates.
That is completely wrong. And even if it wasn't, so what? Living in a free society has some risks involved.

That's true. Just asking, I pretty much agree with you.

>we have to make allowances for others and work to strike a balance
It's not my job to provide for others

>Most British people do not believe in right to self-defense.
Odd then really considering we have laws that allow it.

But you know better, eh?

>you need a valid reason like working for judiciary where you risk getting shot
>Pass the mental health and background check by local police station checks,the state and finally personally stamped by the federal Inspector General of the Police
>Only one gun ever. Shotgun,hunting rifle or handgun only.
>Your license states the amount of ammo you can own, once empty go to the police station, hand in all the bullet casing and they will give you letter of authorization to buy ammo
Extremely hard to get, even ISIS are reduced to arsonists.
A necessity, having commies shooting and beheading at random till the 80's is not something we wish to suffer again. Better them using pipe weapons than factory grade ones.

But don't you guys believe in disarming, aka dis-empowering people, so they can't actually defend themselves?

you have no idea of german gunlaws.
"to legally buy and own a gun in germany you need an "Waffenschein" meaning an firearms license, for an privat person it's pretty much impossible to get one." Lacher des Tages