Thread where everyone is watching and discussing sport

>thread where everyone is watching and discussing sport
>united states wins medal in said sport
>foreigners start claiming said sport is not a real sport and medal means nothing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_Summer_Olympics#Medal_table
list25.com/25-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_China
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

name two sports where this is the case

and keep in mind, snowboarding isn't a sport.

>and keep in mind, snowboarding isn't a sport

case in point

Why can't other countries dominate swimming and snowboarding?

Don't think snowboarding is as popular outside of the states.

I don't understand, what is this about?

the IOC does everything in their hands for America to statpad medals

from creating 300 swimming events to creating 300 snowboarding events

remove those 2 events, and america doesn't even come top 3 in the olympics

it's as if they created 30 events (90 medals) for different types of soccer for Brazil to statpad

seen everyone do it t b h

ice skating isnt but you guys sure went crazy after that gold, even though he fucking fell.

This. Way too many swimming events in the olympics. If one athlete can compete in like 8 events and win gold they're too similar to be separate events.

>conveniently forgetting that half of the Winter Olympics is skiing, handing free medals to Norway

There's also 3X3 basketball now which is basically an automatic medal sweep for the US

not really. you should check it out. slavs are pretty good and beat americans on the regular

Lmao take your proxies off yuropoors

does anyone really give a fuck about the olympics?
let alone the fucking winter """olympics"""

>thread where everyone is watching and discussing sport
>united states wins medal in said sport
>sport is now one of the most important sports in history of sports and discussion becomes impossible due to extreme shitposting

>the IOC does everything in their hands for America to statpad medals
You say that as if the goal of the Olympics is to determine a winner and loser based on medal counts. Medal counts are just a dick measuring metric idiots on the internet use to insult each other.

>implying world """superpowers""" don't bend over backwards to """prove""" their power through the olympics as a dick measuring contest
are you 12?

Does 3X3 basketball have substitutions? If not that could be cool af.

And you bought into their bullshit 100%. So obsessed with medal counts you're literally seething right now because I questioned their importance.
And I'm 12? You're a grown man that draws a face on the sun.

america is still the best country historically in the summer Olympics without swimming medals

America barely funds most of it's athletes the way other countries do. We're just a good sporting nation (except for football...for now)

>And you bought into their bullshit 100%. So obsessed with medal counts you're literally seething right now because I questioned their importance.
what the fuck are you talking about?
I couldn't possibly give a fuck about the olympics.

>You're a grown man that draws a face on the sun.
t. a fucking leaf
lmao

>We're just a good sporting nation
no you're not.
or at least there's no way to tell since you don't play proper sports that are internationally competitive.

>no you're not.
or at least there's no way to tell since you don't play proper sports that are internationally competitive.
so what are those sports?

>it's as if they created 30 events (90 medals) for different types of soccer for Brazil to statpad

Are you sure Brazil would benefit most with that??

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_Summer_Olympics#Medal_table

Football
Cricket
Hockey
Rugby

just to name a few.

seems like random choice
here are the top 25 sports we are good at most of them:
list25.com/25-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/
And in your cherry picked list we are relatively good at hockey tho we choke alot

Just because we have our own sports doesn't mean we aren't a good sporting nation. Besides, I doubt the world would like for America to drop basketball, baseball, hockey, and American Football for volleyball and European football.

most of those sports are commonewealth circlejerk sports tho aside football , being liked by 1.5 billion south asian doens't make a sport internationally competitive , olympics are much more competitive
we are actually pretty good at volleyball even tho no gives a fuck about it , truly a sporting nation

They dominate all the football variants

>beach football
>futsal
>football 7
>free style

>cherry picked
those are the most played sports in the world.
and coincidentally they're pretty much the only internationally competitive sports as well.

>we are relatively good at hockey tho we choke alot
you're absolute dogshit at hockey.

and non team sports don't count for obvious reasons, you dumbfuck.

>12. American football
kek, only played in 1 country
>2. Basketball
top kek

bias much?

>most of those sports are commonewealth circlejerk
the only one that applies to is cricket.

>being liked by 1.5 billion south asian doens't make a sport internationally competitive
the only one that applies to is cricket.
and it's still a lot more internationally competitive than literally any sport you play.

So I'll help you two out now. You are talking about different hockeys

USA USA USA

Brazil doesn't even always in the regular football one,yeah 4 more medals to brazil , woohah they will surpass america now , you know that difference in medals between us and them is like 102 medals and at their fucking country
Our difference in medals with brazil
>you're absolute dogshit at hockey.
no we are fucking not we are top 4 with sweeden,canada and russia
> non team sports don't count for obvious reasons
we are talking aout sports retard
>those are the most played sports in the world.
and coincidentally they're pretty much the only internationally competitive sports as well.
what a retarded logic, I guess India then is more of a sporting nation than us
>waaah only my list is right

America is a great hockey nation though.

MMmm yes
Europe seething

>grass hockey
>rugby
>cricket
lol
>and it's still a lot more internationally competitive than literally any sport you play.
ahhh yes more than the olympics,tennis,boxing,golf..... cricket is a circle jerk just like baseball the only difference is baseball is liked by small islands while cricket is liked by 1.5 billions sout asians

>america is good at shitton of sports
>let me pick some few sports that americans don't play or don't care about

Buddy listen, rock sweeping is the #1 sport in the world you uncultured swine

>no we are fucking not we are top 4 with sweeden,canada and russia
you're not talking about hockey, you're talking about figure skating with sticks, that's not a relevant spot worldwide by any measure.

>we are talking aout sports retard
so I was right, you're a dumbfuck.
for non team sports the bigger the population the more players, therefore more chances at winning.
non team sports are not a good way to measure international success.

>what a retarded logic, I guess India then is more of a sporting nation than us
I don't know anything about india, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Haha cool essay doctor. Here's a dissertation for you: USA wins and you fuckin lose how about that shitbreath

>for non team sports the bigger the population the more players, therefore more chances at winning.
yeah that's why india,china,brazil are so close to us in medal numbers
You are pathetic m8 , you just want to change the detentions of relevancy and what is competitive and what's not competitive just to project your hate on america
> but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
India is the worst sporting nation in history, they are not even the best at their national sport

>lol
no argument, fantastic.

>ahhh yes more than the olympics,tennis,boxing,golf
you literally named non team sports, which are absolutely irrelevant when measuring a coutnries success compared to other in sports.

>cricket is a circle jerk just like baseball the only difference is baseball is liked by small islands while cricket is liked by 1.5 billions sout asians
and australians
and kiwis
and saffers
and central americans
and english
and irish
and I'm probably missing a few.

>south asians don't count because I don't want them to
lmao what a retard.

How many cross country ski events?
How many speed skating?
Does every particular skill in Gymnastics need a medal?

Olympics has some stupid shit all around.

Aye not nearly as entertaining as boulder push Tbh lad m8

why do you get to send 30 snowboarders to each event but only 1 rock sweeping team? hmmmmmm

Why do you fuck animals?

I fuck your mother you monkey

>yeah that's why india,china,brazil are so close to us in medal numbers
no, that's because no olympic sports are popular there, are you retarded?

>you just want to change the detentions of relevancy and what is competitive and what's not competitive
pleas point out when did I say a sport wasn't competitive.

>India is the worst sporting nation in history, they are not even the best at their national sport
I'm ok with this, I don't give a fuck about india, I don't know why you're fixating on them, maybe to look less shit at sports?

Whooa so angry at gold medals
Calm down animal fucker

>and australians
and kiwis
and saffers
and central americans
and english
and irish
and I'm probably missing a few.
that's the commonwealth retard
>south asians don't count because I don't want them to
says the guy who doesn't count individual sports
Basketball is more relevant than cricket anyways , I don't why guys want the usa to be exactly just like you we are a hue different market , the nfl is 5 times bigger than the premier league , and even tho we have different sports we excel in a lot of common international sports that we actually play

>no olympic sports are popular in china or brazil

you should just go to bed

FUCKING REKT

>the nfl is 5 times bigger than the premier league
That's only because your money, interest and attention are worth so much more than ours you fat hamburger pig

>no, that's because no olympic sports are popular there, are you retarded?
well cricket,rugby,football,meme hockey aren't popular and the Olympics is popular in china and in almost every country with some exceptions, fuck off now

nice flag

Ahaha the whole world's in a full twitch whenever America does literally anything
Imagine living your life kneeling before the best, your very well-being dependent on the actions of a completely foreign country
God damn we really are far and away the best

Bring home the gold for the best in the world

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_China

stop speaking with the argie, California has more Olympic medals than his whole continent

>that's the commonwealth retard
so what? seriously, what's your point here?
the commonwealth are a lot of countries and a shitload of people.

>says the guy who doesn't count individual sports
I'm not excluding people, I'm excluding sports that are extremely misleading for measuring a nations success compared to the rest.

>Basketball is more relevant than cricket anyways
it's nowhere near the sports that I mentioned but alright, I'll give you basketball.
but is it the same basketball though? I hear european basketball is rather different.

>I don't why guys want the usa to be exactly just like you
I don't, I just pointed out that you are not a good sporting nation, and even if you were we would never know because the only internationally competitive sports that exist, you don't play.

>the nfl is 5 times bigger than the premier league
your country is about 5/6 times bigger than the UK

>and even tho we have different sports we excel in a lot of common international sports that we actually play
such as

>its okay when norway does it

I was thinking more about india and brazil 2bh

>the Olympics is popular in china and in almost every country with some exceptions
in china sure, but there are about 5 countries that give a fuck about the olympics, and that doesn't even mean that the olympic """sports""" (such as running and swimming, great sports) are popular in those countries necessarily, what's important is the event.

>I don't, I just pointed out that you are not a good sporting nation, and even if you were we would never know because the only internationally competitive sports that exist, you don't play.
Do you even know what a sporting nation is? It doesn't meaning being good at 1 international sport , it means being dominant in all kind of sports . Go take some esl courses m8 , the word you are thinking about is soccer nation which ofc we aren't

>I couldn't possibly give a fuck about the olympics.

Weird that of the four sports you listed as relevant. Soccer, field hockey, and the more entertaining version of rugby are all in it. So it's a little odd you don't care about the Olympics

>but there are about 5 countries that give a fuck about the olympics
lol, go google the rating retard.
>''''sports''''
kys, you aren't the guy who decides what's a sport you are just a retard who only cares about soccer just nlike most of your countrymen and that's why Argentina is not a sporting nation

>Go take some esl courses m8 , the word you are thinking about is soccer nation which ofc we aren't
ok, which internationally competitive team sport are you dominant in?

SERIOUSLY? KEK

and brazil is still woefully incorrect

yes, based california , they are even relatively good at the winter olumpics
>ok, which internationally competitive team sport are you dominant in?
We are good at basketball,volleyball ,lacross,baseball,ice hocke,team rowing,team swimming,beach voelleyball,softball,team athletics,team figure skating

theres only one sport meeting that criteria

I've noticed not just Sup Forums, not just Sup Forums, but literally all the internet got a lot more angry and edgy once all these 3rd world countries got internet access.

>Soccer, field hockey, and the more entertaining version of rugby are all in it.
there's no rugby in the olympics, and the olympics is a youth tournament in football.
that's how fucking irrelevant the olympics are.

>ratings = caring about it
give me the world cup final ratings for USA.
and then tell me if rating has something to do with people caring about it.

>kys, you aren't the guy who decides what's a sport
no, I'm not, never claimed to be, I'm merely suggesting their status as sports is questionable, but they may very well be, that's all.

>you are just a retard who only cares about soccer just nlike most of your countrymen and that's why Argentina is not a sporting nation
I care about several sports, like most of my fellow countrymen, don't know where you got that data from.
and what are you basing this "Argentina isn't a sporting nation" statement on?

btw, numbers of population don't matter that much in relevancy because an american sports fan is worth 5 times a non american sports fan , pic very related we bought the most tickets in the world cup even tho its our 5th biggest sport only

Nice pic

>and what are you basing this "Argentina isn't a sporting nation" statement on?
it's shit at the Olympics the most relevant multi- sports event and it doesn't dominate any single sport in the word

Rugby sevens, the more entertaining version.

thx

>Argentina the neighbor of Brazil and finalist of that world cup
>that number
what an irrelevant market

>it's shit at the Olympics the most relevant multi- sports event
sports like running and swimming? things that humans do to get to places, not to compete, fantastic.

>and it doesn't dominate any single sport in the word
now you're just showing how retarded you are.

nah, there are several.

>the more entertaining verison
you mean the less popular version? that's literally not rugby.
lmao

>sports like running and swimming? things that humans do to get to places, not to compete, fantastic.
retard
>and it doesn't dominate any single sport in the word
what sport is Argentina number 1 in ?

you pretty much get it, i would argue strongly though that socker is a borderline top 10 sport here though

>half the German population, who are actually world champions
>sold more tickets

Lots of Argentines bought their tickets in Brazil though, so they're recorded as ""Brazilian""

>data as of June 5
>Argentina finalist
that data is from one month prior to the final, you dumbfuck.

ahhh Germany is fucking far from Brazil , traveling from Argentina to Brazil is much cheaper you cute small irrelevant sports market

>2.96/3.10

tickets are sold before the WC even starts, are you this fucking dumb?

im talking about travel coasts you retard

Hey Argie, do you hate Americans?

Too bad being non-white isn't an Olympic sport or you guys would be top 3 every Olympics

>retard
superb argument.

>what sport is Argentina number 1 in ?
as of right this moment?
hockey and futsal.
including past times? the list would be too long and I'd have to research, but obviously football is one of them.

see You could buy the tickets from Brazilians ticket holders before the game, that's what most people did

C'mon don't be like that.

what's a travel coast?

can't answer for all of us, but I don't.

Do you mean field hockey?

I mean hockey.