/rec/ thread

the best kind of thread in Sup Forums. always helps someone out.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMI1g8dovQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

other german cinema to see

How are movies like this which praise the German army allowed to be made?

This movie is so fucking harrowing. I love it. Russian qt was best.

Comfy swedish movie. A must see for everyone.

Found out what to watch for tomorrow. Thnx user.

I just looked up this director's filmography. It is completely kino

Favorite horror flick. I loved it when I saw it. Hated how it became the mainstream hipster favorite horror flick.

Major Kock is the real MVP in Stalingrad

We don't do these threads often enough.

>tfw Sup Forums is littered with constant shitposting
not complaining, i enjoy the shitposting as much as the next user, but I miss that one thread which recommended my 10 next movies to see

btw, pic related is Pusher I. The whole Pusher Trilogy is an amazing experience. Directed by N.W. Refn.

I'm not complaining about the shitposting either, there's plenty of room for both.

This one is a trip.

this movie fucking SUCKED

>inb4 6'1" and 5'11"

>this movie kills the Sup Forumsposter

There's a movie in Spanish (it may have been set in Mexico though) I've been trying to find lately, it had a single mother and her teenage daughter taking refuge with a cult who come to revere the daughter as an incarnation of Mary. I remember the daughter going mad with power. Anyone know what this could be?

Desert comfy movie. Starts strong, finishes weak but its briddy gud.

yes, she was very cute

Desert and steppe core always comfy.

Campy post-USSR crime drama. I heard that this was Yeltsin's favorite of all time.

Move out of the way, plebs!

This was woman-kino

It doesn't. It just humanizes soldiers in the Wehrmacht. There is no triumphalism in German war movies.

pls no

;_;

I know that most of the soldiers were just normal people but it is hard to praise an army that is following the orders of a genocidal megalomaniac.

>Brat

I watched this and the sequel, first was cool, second was epic, lead actor was a true star; read he was sorta like James Dean over there?

A question: are these movies pushing an (((agenda)))? I wasn't redpilled when I watched them, but haven't rewatched or rec'd for that reason.

>shhhhhhh

you suck

>Birdy (Nic Cage kino; supremely under seen)
>The Last Detail (masterpiece; iffy about
Linklater doing the quasi-sequel)
>April Fool's Day (comfy, clever cult slasher)
>The Burning Moon (autistic German horror)
>12:01 (HBO movie; don't be offput by Groundhog's Day premise, this did it first; rad cult sci-fi comedy w fun cast)
>Stoked: Rise and Fall of Gator (super dark doc about super-kewl 80s skateboarder who went nuts and murdered GF)
>Thief Who Came to Dinner (Ryan Oneal's best role after The Driver and Barry Lyndon; under seen; true gem)
>A Town Called Panic (animated LSD and laughing gas taffy)
>Devil at Your Heels (golden cult doc / dark comedy)
>The Beaver Trilogy (too obvious?)

It takes jabs at both the US and Russia. In a deep level it has criticisms of both countries but mostly of Russia. However, the main point of the movie is to just be entertaining comfy movie. That's what I basically took from both of them.

HIGHLY recommended.

Thanks m8. I didn't recall any pandering. I'll never forget watching these movies, then going to imdb to see if the actor had done Hollywood stuff later, and finding out...you know.

Sucks.

>are these movies pushing an (((agenda)))?
Balabanov is well known in Russia as a leading producer or "chernuha", films that are so dark that you feel like shit after watching them. I doubt you can call it an agenda, but he does has a bias to show everything in an extremely bleak light and to have his entire cast portray horrible cunts.

Also, he's dead now. So is the actor playing in Brat, he died while filming a movie in the mountains, they got caught up in an avalanche or something like that.

FRESH FROM MOSCOW
OVER VOLGA CAME
TO COMRADES AID

CITY IN DESPAIR
ALMOST CRUSHED BY THE FUHRERS ARMY

youtube.com/watch?v=UMI1g8dovQ0

>So is the actor playing in Brat, he died while filming a movie in the mountains, they got caught up in an avalanche or something like that.
HOLY FUK!

>not ulzhan
Come on azmat

some Disney films you should see if you havent seen them:
Boatniks
Island at the top of the World
Swiss Family Robinson