Daily reminder that there is no evidential base for atheism

>no proof there is no God
>no proof Jesus didn't rise from the dead
>but then atheists turn around and apply empiricism to nonempirical questions
>claim that only empiricism matters, as if that in itself isn't a nonempirical statement
>being this intellectually lazy

Atheistfags will get triggered by this and go into damage control mode.

Really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
nrich.maths.org/5788
biblehub.com/jeremiah/17-10.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump because that strawpoll the other day showed majority atheists on this board. That is beyond fucked and just wrong

>trying to shift burden of proof to atheists

2/10

same fagging this hard because you have no idea what burden of proof is
saged for shitty bait

can you prove that invisible unicorns don't exist? i guess they must exist them, right?

>Christians believe this shit happened

L E L

E

L

The burden of proof is on you though, and you also dont have any

see
atheism isn't a belief it is a lack of a belief

Hey the day Jesus wants to get in touch with me I will be all ears. But we havent heard from him in 2,000 years. And that's after he told people he would be back before their generation passed away.

>No proof God exists
>No proof God doesn't exists

That's why I'm agnostic

Burden of proof. That's all.

>>no proof there is a God
>>no proof Jesus did rise from the dead
>>but then religrious turn around and don't apply empiricism to empirical questions
>>claim that empiricism doesn't matters, as if that in itself isn't a empirical statement
>>being this intellectually lazy

Religiousfags will get triggered by this and go into damage control mode.

Really makes you think

See? I can do it too!

Where are the niggers?

>No proof fairies exist
>No proof fairies don't exist.
>No proof any of the other gods exist.
>No proof any of the other gods doesn't exist.
That's why i can't decide on anything. Froganon, please.

That's why you're agnostic instead newfag.

the one making the positive statement

>"X exists"

has to prove it, not the other way around you dumb Burger

I can claim that theres a unicorn on Jupiter that is controlling the universe, but that does not mean that people need to prove that there isnt to be right

>Bump because that strawpoll the other day showed majority atheists on this board.

Do you still have that one?

lack of belief is nihilism
atheism is belief in the nonexistence of god

why couldn't your retarded threads stay on Sup Forums?

inb4 every dumb flat earther, evolution denier, bullshitter congergates to this thread

> posting a list of opinions you think are "facts"
> These can't be proven, while they also can not be disproved
> That makes them opinions

Please, tell me more of your facts.

>the one making the positive statement has to prove it
but that's a retarded early 20th century meme (logical positivism/verificationism), not some unalienable rule of logic. it's just employed (circularly) as a soft form of repudiation against things that would go against the materialist worldview.

>lack of belief is nihilism

Yeah, and?

im a Misotheist

>1 post by this idea
Sage
Hide

>but that's a retarded early 20th century meme

thats logic kid, you dont get to go against it

>that's logic
prove this claim, hell, prove any claim at all whatsoever.

>claim that logic real

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

there you have it, 2 seconds on google and theres already evidence for something. Amazing!

now back to Sup Forums and reddit with you

Oldest bible in existence has no rise from the dead section. It was fantastic added after the events and fags tried to one up each other in how awesome there slave god was.

you misunderstood what i was asking, you said implicitly that logical positivism/verificationism is logic itself.

whatever though, here's what i want to express:
premises doesn't need to be 'proven' in order for an argument to be sound.
they just need to be more plausible than their negation.
a valid and sound argument is evidence.
there are a ton of valid and sound arguments for the existence of god.
but they are handwaved because nu-atheists hold to logical positivism/verificationism and metaphysical naturalism. begging the question.

Back to /b faggot. Quit shitposting this crap thread on pol

>american/christcuck """"""""""""""""""thinking""""""""""""""""""

>no proof there is no Pikachu
>no proof Mickey Mouse didn't rise from the dead
Hurr durr I'm retarded

>premises doesn't need to be 'proven' in order for an argument to be sound.

true

>they just need to be more plausible than their negation.

and they arent. Yours arent. 6000 years of recorded human history and 0 evidence for the hundreds of thousands of Gods/Goddesses. Its a moot point at this time; not plausible

>a valid and sound argument is evidence.

no its not

>there are a ton of valid and sound arguments for the existence of god.

no there arent. unless you want to present them. Which you havent

>but they are handwaved because nu-atheists hold to logical positivism/verificationism and metaphysical naturalism.

cause burden of proof is on you, not us

>burgerclap education

there are logical paradoxes in jewyism,islam and christianity

for example if jesus had risen from the dead why are there any jews still around? wouldnt they have all converted to christianity?

and why didnt jesus free the jews from rome? moses frees the jews from egypt. you telling me that gods best friend a human is more powerful than gods first born son?

shit just doesnt add up

>present them
alright here you go.

p1: whatever begins to exist has a cause of its existence (PSR, ex nihilo nihil fit)
p2: the universe began to exist (incoherence of an infinite regression of events, impossibility of an actual infinite)
c1: therefore, the universe has a cause of its existence.

p3: the cause is either impersonal or personal (law of excluded middle)
p4: the cause of the universe is not impersonal (impersonal causes cannot alone elect to change one state of affairs to a different state of affairs)
c2: therefore, the cause of the universe is personal

characteristics of the cause:
• personal (c2)
• timeless (existed causally 'before' time)
• spaceless (existed causally 'before' space)
• unimaginably powerful (created the entire universe)

I'm OP btw I forgot my pic from last weeks silent retreat to the forest.

>no proof there is no God
The positive claim is the one that needs to be backed up by evidence so you must prove there actually is a god.
>no proof Jesus didn't rise from the dead
There is no proof that he actually existed either so take that off the table.
>but then atheists turn around and apply empiricism to nonempirical questions
So just because we don't add magic to our understanding of the universe we cannot know the universe?
>Atheistfags will get triggered by this and go into damage control mode.
I really don't give that much of a shit believe in whatever sky magic you want just don't shitpost on the board with it.

>I can't differentiate between agnostic and gnostic atheism
seriously goy?

>p1: whatever begins to exist has a cause of its existence
>p2: the universe began to exist

The universe has been around forever.

>p1: whatever begins to exist has a cause of its existence (PSR, ex nihilo nihil fit)

and first point falls apart by itself

Lemme guess you think the big bang happened from nothing? ehhhh wrongo, before the big bang all the energy/matter that is now the universe was highly condensed. But not nothing. No beginning, and no end in sight. No God needed

MFW OP thinks existence can be a predicate...

>Trying to argue with incomplete fragments instead of the argument as a whole
Nice. Your chopped up counterarguments actually proved his point too.

>im so fucked in the ass by cultural subversion that everything must be a -ism

t. all of you

in the parentheses you've excluded i gave backing reasoning for the premiss

the argument is for the efficient cause, not the material cause.

an efficient cause is what brings an effect into being, what produces an effect into existence. while a material cause is the 'stuff' out of which things are made.

for example: michaelangelo was the efficient cause of the statue david, and the material cause of david was the block of marble that michaelangelo sculpted it out of.

citation needed

Right next to the squirrels.

Atheists are like dumb-ass dark age Christians who didn't believe in bacteria until someone invented a microscope.

Why do you think that we only think empiricism matters. Mathematics and other analytic propositions can be proved through deductive logic.

The rest well ya... We need empiricism.

Got a sound argument for God to exists without a single synthetic proposition? If so then show it.

>before the big bang all the energy/matter that is now the universe was highly condensed
What created this ball of energy/matter?

>in the parentheses you've excluded i gave backing reasoning for the premiss
All you said was that it's impossible.
Why should it be impossible? It's the same premise you presume about your god.

Only a complete fedora fag would even give a shit about the fragments of the arguing style rather then the substance of the argument.

Sounds to me like you're presuming shit too, saying a timeline doesn't have a beginning.

1st law of thermodynamics.

Burden of proof is on you.

Are you telling me that it Kant be?

Yeah because anachronism is such a great way to view history. Those dumb Romans. They didn't even have antibiotics. How could Aristotle not believe in relative motion. What a dumb ass.

probably just proxies and botfaggotry

>you: HURRRRRRRRRR

theres your response

and as stated the universe always was, there is no efficient cause for it

Atheism just means you don't believe in God, it doesn't mean that you know for a fact that God doesn't exist.

But even if God existed I would not worship him, because if he is truly good he wouldn't want me to waste my time praising him.

Alright then, let's talk about the substance. OP says people like you claim everything needs to be empirical, and never back this assumption up. You did that.

nothing, it existed. The most predominant theory out there is that the universe is in flux. Were in the expanding part right now, some time in the future it will begin to condense again, and repeat.

>Extrapolations
Ok, thanks. I won't argue anymore.

"Atheism" is basically an industry, sells books and documentaries

John Green for Smart Teens

there's no proof of anything. atheists selectively apply their skepticism and deny the reality of God. then they just believe in what they find emotionally satisfying.

example: they believe other people are real and theirs is not the only consciousness so they don't feel lonely, even though there is no way whatsoever to even ascribe a probability to it.
virtually anything you can question has the same level of uncertainty.

atheists are cowardly faggots. take your skeptical spirit and take it as far as it will go. when you come to the abyss, leap naked into it. God will be there to catch you.

Why do you presume it's a line?

Thanks. This is a board about news, politics and current events anyway, that shit should go to /his/ or /x/

>and as stated the universe always was, no efficient cause
>before the big bang all the energy/matter that is now the universe was highly condensed.
pick one.

trolls trolling trolls

pick both, cause evidence points to it.

Go back to Sup Forums you god damned wothless cock sucking faggot.

Seems like you're the triggered one, friendo

>"Atheism" is basically an industry, sells books and documentaries

So is any other religion, what's your point?

so there was just a singularity of matter that exploded for no reason? (you said no efficient cause.)

who believes in magic now, leaf?

I think I should tell you that I'm the same person.

Alright there are 4 possible outcomes of our life
1. God doesn't exist and you believe in him. Congrats you wasted time going to church.

2.God doesn't exist and you don't worship him. Alright no wasted time at church.

3. God exists and you worship him and are granted eternal life and happiness in heaven

4. God exists and you don't worship him and are sent to hell.

Seems there's a lot to gain from worshiping him and not a whole lot to gain by not; really just some saved time.

Got sick a week ago. Stomach pain was so painful I almost prayed to god to help me. Was going for 9 hours. Took all my willpower to tell him to fuck off and that he does not exist. Damn, that was close.

here is a good thought experiment to help you understand:
nrich.maths.org/5788

>No proof that something doesnt exist

Yawn. Ever got through the sticky at the top by any chance?

Virtual particles, radioactive elements radiating out alpha waves, those things happen for no reason as well.
Since it's possible with those why wouldn't there be a naturalistic cause for that singularity of matter to explode?

Now THAT'S insecurity. You're seriously that concerned about feeling right for the sake of feeling right?

Pascal's Wager. The problem with that is there's an option 5. It's in Jeremiah 17:10:

biblehub.com/jeremiah/17-10.htm

So, don't bother with Church, keep your thoughts and actions upstanding and just, and you still come out OK in the end.

>there is no proof you're not a kike

OP BTFO

>no proof Thor doesn't exist
>this means Thor must exist

This is how retarded you sound.

Which god?

>no proof there is no...
>no proof there is no...
>no proof there is no...

Not sure you understand how logic works.

>evidential base for atheism

There is no rational reason to believe in a God at this time which is evidence that you should not hold a belief in a God if you wish only to hold rational beliefs.

Time is all we have, Cucko.

What if you worship the wrong god and get sent to hell or an equivalent anyway?

What if the way of worshiping god is flawed and you get sent to hell anyway?

What if you live as a good person and get sent to heaven/good afterlife even if you didn't worshiped that god?

oh man, the sexual frustration

>flux

aside you fell for your own b8

Science can prove there were fewer species of animals back when this happened, so basically its entirely possible.

Checkmate Atheists

>this guy still posts
I thought this bait got old.

He didn't SAY God must exist, he said you have no proof he doesn't. And you don't have proof God doesn't exist, you're just applying skepticism where you want to.

I have been an Atheist for like 5 years now.

I'm deciding about going back to being religious, because I think the way society is going is proof that the Bible is divinely inspired.

The more people separate from the core values of Christianity, the more you see degeneracy. Revelations is being fulfilled.

daily reminder that the child like princess is an Iranian jew.

>But even if God existed I would not worship him, because if he is truly good he wouldn't want me to waste my time praising him.

Why do you think you would understand God's plan?
An all powerful being won't look at the universe the same as you.
Your time on Earth was given to you by Him, supposing that God is real, so why is it not possible to spare some time to acknowledge and praise your creator?

>I think the way society is going is proof that the Bible is divinely inspired.
Nope, predicting that men indulge in degeneracy when embracing nihilism is just common sense.

No proof jesus even died.

They didnt crucify people that way either (on a cross, or nails through hands). They put you on a post and arms were stretched vertical.

Spanks of a mock execution to symbolize stripping someone of their (social) authority. People got pissed at what he was saying so they got the romans to put the slap down. But couldnt let people turn into martyrs for him dying and let the place burn down.

So mock execution, shaming. Trying to destroy his following but not turn them rabid.

Also jesus saying "I am the way" is mistranslated meaning while the words are correct. By saying he was the way, he was referring to doing things the way he does them.

And most of those secrets... about the I AM force, and the Christ Power which he used... were pretty much lost after the Bible was created and the spirituality handed down through generations was replaced by a seedy religion.

Lose magical powers, get replaced by nothing more than "hope".

#Hopium

If I prayed it would feel like i'm starting to loose my mind to the pain. It'd be like both my flesh and spirit are being destroyed, not just flesh. Scary thought.