Why was one a success but the other a bomb?

Why was one a success but the other a bomb?

With Lucy people were willing to give Black Widow a shot because they didn't know any better

Because people knew Scarlett was too fat for Major.

Too fat.

lucy was simpler and the story was made so everybody could think of himself as superpowerbeeing who just has no full brainfunction.

shell was already made stupid enough for a general audience but seemed still distant to the average consumer.

Would have sold more tickets if she went nude as Major like in the anime

Lucy was honestly the worst movie ive ever seen. Horrible plot and the lead girl was a terrible actress 1/10 just because i was dumb enough to sit through it all

one had Morgan Freeman narrating the trailer

>anime fangays don't like the live action because it's shit
>normies don't like anime live actions at all and won't see it

that's why

But she isn't nude. It's like calling a mannequin in a shop 'nude', yeah you might win an argument on technicality but since it's a fucking mannequin who the fuck cares? And don't say SJW care, I know they're trying to give inanimate objects rights.

Freeman literally narrates like a good 5 min of bollocks about evolution and then gets shoved into it.

GiTS has made 110 million at the box office. Heading for a profit.

some people still thought Hollywood was good in 2014

Luc Besson vs a literal who

>anime fangays don't like the live action because it's shit
i'm an anime fangay and i thought it was just fine

>implying johnny pleb knows or cares who directed what

Need to double that to cover advertising costs

because she didn't turn into a flashdrive tower at the end

It's funny because everything is better than Lucy was.
GOTS is only slightly shittier than the anime. 6/10

Stop trying to make anime real, it's never gonna be real.

I fastforwarded at least half of the movie. It was an atrocious mess of a plot with zero suspense, lame action and some of the worst science ever conceived.

Because Lucy sold more tickets, duhh...

She's not nude morons, it's flesh toned in the anime. You can see the neckline and at the end when she rips her limbs apart trying to open the tank you can see the suit tearing off too.

This.
It was limitless on drugs with superpowers based on """science""", and horrible acting.
People realized how bad she is and simply don't watch her movies anymore

The general audience doesn't care about hard fantasy scifi unless it's based on something every Normie would know.

Ghost in the Shell was terrible, dumbed-down, shit-garbage.

But it was still a hundred times better than Lucy.

2014 Scarjo sold tickets but 2017 Scarjo doesn't is that what you're telling me

Because one was good and one was weeb shit

the successful one was 30 minutes shorter and not about a subject everyone already has expectations for.

>Heading for a profit.

It's fucked mate. Reminder that DragonBall Evolution made a profit and GiTS wont

>normies
>liking anything anime related

Ayy lmao I could have saved them $100 million and told them not to bother making it.