Marriage General Thread

Just got divorced today. I'm ordered to pay up. Hold me Sup Forums.

Also, marriage discussion thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvLn3wenWUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you a nignog?

>not getting a prenup

I think ive found the woman of my dreams. Been dating for 1.5 years, never fought once. Its like we are cast from the same mold, pure bliss.

Should I end it?

>I think ive found the woman of my dreams. Been dating for 1.5 years, never fought once. Its like we are cast from the same mold, pure bliss.

OP here, why would you end it? Just wait 5+ years for marriage.

I got divorced in 2012
Luckily we were just 22 and had no real assets and we just split the furniture
No alimony
No children
Just lawyer fees

>ex wife married three times since the dissolution, married to this Army guy who divorced her after his PCS ended, another guy she followed to Washington and the dude beat the shit out of her and now married to another Army guy who she has 2 kids with and I hope she's doing well

Getting married was the second worst decision I ever made.

>>/adv/

Oh forgot to post to OP--

I hope you don't plan on keeping any semblance of a relationship with your ex, unless kids are involved.

Divorces suck, but you never want to mend a failing marriage when only one side wants to work things out

>5+

Been dating my girlfriend for 4 years and it feels like we started yesterday.

I wouldn't put a ring on any woman's finger before 10 fucking years. Even then I probably won't, we make enough money that involving the state in our affairs is probably not worth it to us.

The fact that you need a lawyer to get divorced..shame on you.

>implying they matter
>implying the judge won't just say it's "unfair" and tear it up

>25 years old
>gf has been dropping hints she wants to be married
>love her, but she's my first and I want to try other people before I commit
>don't want to lose her though
>don't want to marry to old like my parents did
>don't feel ready to marry
Help

>Falling for the marriage jew
>Not signing a pre-nup

Dumbass, enjoy having half your shit taken and paying alimony.

God, I'm so torn over this. It makes sense not to legally get married, it sounds like such a huge hassle. But I just couldn't have children with someone I'm not married to, that's such a trashy thing

What does everyone think about this?

no kids; yes i never plan on talking to her again.

Just get married. If it doesn't work out get a divorce. Get a prenup if you are that scared it will end in divorce.

I got away with not paying alimony

Who gives a fuck, you utter beta. Real alphas dump their seed in women and then gtfo.

If you don't want to get married, don't get married.

You have to be willing to let her go, faggot. Otherwise she'll have your balls in her pocket.

Say "I understand you want to get married, but I'm not ready. I don't know when I'll be ready. If you can't accept that, there's the door."

and the first?

>tfw i live in a no alimony state
feelsgoodman

I waited 9 years before i proposed then we had a super cheap supper/justice of peace ceremony because we both didnt care about showboating our "union" like the thousands who get married and have a huge expensive wedding after one or two years then get divorced when they realize who they actually married

Leaf, it'll be autumn soon

>prenup

AHahhahahahaha

youtube.com/watch?v=lvLn3wenWUM

>love her, but she's my first and I want to try other people before I commit
Tell her that. If she has a problem with it then the marriage will suck anyway. If you are afraid to be 100% honest then the marriage will probably suck anyway

She's not forcing marriage or anything. Just very subtle hints, to there point where I know she'd say yes if I asked.

Yeah, half of me wants to think that if I get married now, I'll have "time" to divorce and explore other options later. But that thinking seems so degenerate and wrong.

I hear ya, but I wouldn't leave it hanging in the air. If she really wants to get married and you're not ready it's unfair to keep her hopes up (unless you don't give a fuck.)

heres some important questions to help you out, remember be honest.

1.- was she a virgin when you had sex with her?
2.- is she the same race as you?
3.- is she the same religion as you?
4.- does she come from a broken home?
5.- does she have any tattoos or piercings or wild dyed hair?

Tell them you won't pay up.

File for Bankcruptcy.

Give no fucks

If you're sure you'll be itchy then break it off cleanly, don't waste her time. But take it from me, it gets harder to find women as you get older.

>marrying a virgin

>getting married because you love her

You get married to have kids and to raise a family. Love doesn't happen untill you have kids. Do you really think you can love someone with absolutely no connection to them outside marriage and a child? Will you die for them if you don't have the previous 2 things? I don't think so.

Anyone who gets married and doesn't immediately try for kids on your wedding night is a fucking retard and should not have gotten married in the first place.

maybe you should talk to based Stephan Molyneux for counsel if you need any.

>never fought once.

red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag
red flag
>red flag

>but she's my first and I want to try other people before I commit

This is how I know you're stupid.

How the hell did you end up marrying the bitch?

This guy's a nigger. Don't listen to him. If you've never fought it just means you've never had reason to.

t. man in successful relationship of 15+ years and only 4 fights. So long as you're a strong man and you know exactly when or why they are feeling the way they do you'll be fine.

Just never let yourself become unattractive, fat or stupid and you got her for life.

Fucking this. If you don't ever fight (and prove her wrong) she will fuck you over in the long run.

>american justice

>I'm ordered to pay up

How much, how long and on what grounds?

What is this meme? Don't pre-nups hold up in some countries?

She's fucking Jamal behind your back.

>marrying used goods

This is probably the best advice, but I can't imagine a person talking that conversation well. She told me the same, I'd be devastated.

Why? It's a feeling I have. I can't control it. Obviously I'm not fully emotionally developed, that's why I'm asking for advice on Sup Forums of all places.

It's not me letting her do whatever she wants. Because we know each other's boundaries. We have no reason to fight.

would have said the same thing myself 10 years ago

She was holding back a LOT and it all starting coming out literally on our honeymoon.

Then the floodgates opened when we had kids 7 years ago (wound up with a multiple birth)

I'm in counseling, she's in counseling, we're both in couples counseling.

I pray it ends soon either through divorce or death.

You've got a good thing going. The marines say, 'make a decision and then make it work'.

>Just never let yourself become unattractive, fat or stupid and you got her for life

while she becomes unattractive fat and stupid

>she's used the moment you first fuck her

Dude stop being a kiss less virgin you nigger. If you are with someone who's not a virgin but only has had sex with one other guy and you can perform better than anyone else previously you got it made.

>have big white cock
>every time I penetrate her she enjoys the pain of getting stretched
>says I give her the virgin pain she never had
>only had been with one other guy ever
>I stole her from that guy

sure kid, keep telling yourself that

> I love her

just get married you idiot

people like you deserve to get ripped off

My situation is opposite: my "wife" made a shitload of money, and I was a househusband. We don't have kids. Due to my state's laws, she is fucked.

>a fucking beaner
I bet you believe in what those shitty soaps tell you while you watch them with your abuela and mama and tell you you should be like those cucks on TV.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that

prenup
get married
be happy you have a loving wife

You're not 18 anymore, fucko. The "try other people" routine is no longer an excuse.

Damn man that sucks. Hopefully you don't have kids, I had to deal with my parents divorce at a young age and it was shit. The thing fucks with your head.

sorry dude mexifag is right

>Oooh it's so big user
>Stretch me out user

you're a sucker

>falling for the matrimonial jew

Now you can run through a bunch of 20 year olds and act like a teenager again. You're going to be the 40 year old that dresses like a bro and works out all the time.

Your life has fallen apart.

Youre one dumb motherfucker. I hope you didn't actually believe her

>If she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you

Married for 6 years. 3 kids, 9, 8, and 1 year. We're thinking of having another.

If we ever get divorced. Hey, shit happens. It shouldn't hurt longer than a few weeks. I pretty much don't care about the money. She can have it all if she wants to. Means shit to me. All I do is spend it for the kids anyway. Besides, she's a pretty normal and stable person ... for a woman I mean.

>implying me stealing from her means she cheated

You are the dumb fuck that can't read based on insecure assumptions.

move to Canada

I just left mine today at midnight.

>not getting a dakimakara

Sounds like she broke up with you 2 months ago senpai:

Did you check your spam folder?

Well she did, she didn't tell me about it. No text, no call, no voicemail, no email or skype.

I took a month off work and heard nothing at all for this month so that's it.

If she*

stuck 9 creme eggs up my bum

Don't worry user, we'll always be here

>Why? It's a feeling I have. I can't control it.
Says basically every deviant person on earth. Man up, man.

so uh...
gonna post pics?