What went so right?

What went so right?
>youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k&
youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Season 1 really is the greatest season in television history.

The setting, the plot, the atmosphere, the characters, the actors

westworld wa better but this was ok

from my point of view this is a bait

Bait

>yfw you saw Episode 4 for the first time

It took me on a ruse cruise
I was expecting some Lovecraft shit with loli raping cultists trying to summon Hastur
Very disappointed but it was still a good show

People think the male leads made it, but for me it was the casting choices of mamario and ass demon Moynaghan

Retard

>mfw

You can tell this is where Pizza was going, but then he completely dropped the ball and couldn't decide what he wanted.

Yeah definitely and that would have been cool as shit

>redditworld
>good

>greatest season in television history
>everything past episode 6

'no'

this.

as much as I love it as a whole, episode 7 was a huge let down, and while the finale has a great ending, it's just not that good.

1-6 is probably one of the best things to happen to tv

You should seriously consider suicide as a viable life choice.

>stop liking what I don't like!!!1!

I don't know why does Sup Forums circlejerk over the entirety of season 1 like it's meaning of life itself.

It was good for about 5 episodes and then it went to the usual TV show "exposition - twist - exposition - twisttwisttwist" route where you end up not even caring about the who is the killer or the story at all anymore, you are just watching it because of the characters.

They pulled this fantastic trick where they included vague references to an ambiguous lovecraftian supernatural, but never actually focused on it to much or gave enough reason to believe any of it was real, thus keeping a more or less grounded story as the centre of the show.

What that did was make the unsettling cosmic horror stuff become thematic and atmospheric background noise that merely enhanced the more overt themes of going up against a conspiracy and overcoming darkness in a general and metaphorical sense.

It managed to co-opt the gravitas of a completely different genre, because it had the kind of careful, measured restraint that almost nothing has.

Then we got Vince Vaughn monolouging about the time his dad locked him in a bread bin and and left him there while he went drunk skiing in Aspen.

yep

It's actually more like "Stop not liking what I like", retard.

Season 3 is still alive, so maybe he might revisit that stuff

>stop liking what I don't like!!!1!

Are you literally retarded?

They showed real issues like pizzagate

>ywn go back to this cliffhanger, having to wait an entire week to see what happens

youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k&

HONEY BEE LET'S FLY TO MARS

So is season 2 worth watching?

>I'll tell you about the yellow king

Yes, but consider it a completely different show. It's not like season 1, or as good as season 1, so if you go into it expecting that you'll probably hate it.

What a fucking Reddit opinion.
It's an anthology you retard. Each season is going to be different.
Fuck yeah. Starts kind of slow and has some unnecessary treading water moments but otherwise it's almost as good as season 1.

Yeah because we should have Yof-Gof the Mad God from the planet Zim appear and fight Rusty and Martin

Idiots

>What a fucking Reddit opinion.
>It's an anthology you retard. Each season is going to be different.

I know, but I've seen enough people say that they hated it because of differences from Season 1 that I think it's a legitimate warning to give.

What went so right?
>youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro

Season 2 > Season 1

Actually that would be Sopranos Season 2 or 4

daddario's nude body

Only ironically.

why do the shotguns sound like lasers?

Westerworld wouldve been great if it focused on people having adventures and enjoying the park, instead of all that philosophical trite.

>used modern realities in police work instead of TV police gimmicks
>completed its entire story arc
>Did NOT cater to politically correct moral lessons, but told the story in the way evens might really happen with engages the audience better.

I keep trying to tell people that catering to political correctness destroys stories, or the believability but no one seems to believe me.
If someone is raped in a show, the show isn't necessarily instructing or teaching us how to rape, but if it shows true life consequences that can be more responsible to show that actions have consequences. That people are seriously affected rather than changing scenes to something else because it's discomforting. Political correctness is destroying storytelling.
Why can't SJW's, and feminists understand this?

>All the theories all over the Sup Forums threads after that episode

>tfw no more Satanic conspiracy kino

The writer spent a lot of time rewriting and going through countless drafts of the script
They had a good director with a purposeful vision for the work, and he had a god cinematographer
Good actors capable of both understatement and projecting extremes

Season 2 story was rushed
But I think its good in the way it didnt try to emulate season 1 and had a much more broadbased approach, its about all of LA and California and the murder is just the vehicle for the exploration.
Went from one director to a group with no other vision except clocking in
With cinematography to match, straight out of out of ncis
A pretty boy actor trying to recover from being the box office flavour of the month, ditto for the girl, and two others that were good

Season 3 of Babylon 5 you nigga

You can't tell at all
Its something the Internet completely deluded itself into believing

>not quoting what rust said to the child killer
You fail

>where you end up not even caring about the who is the killer or the story at all anymore, you are just watching it because of the characters.

That was the fucking point. Did you actually type this out thinking it was valid criticism? Jesus fucking christ.

>where they included vague references to an ambiguous lovecraftian supernatural
No they didn't the Internet imagined all that

What do SJWs and feminists have to do about this
You're just inserting your own obsessive complaints into this
Its like pants, I hate them, and this show really stuck it to them

You're also just as one sided, unable to identify the correlation.
To not see the connection makes your ignorance known, of which I can't be expected to do magic to get you to see my point with your predetermined disposition. That you believe you're unbiased, and that I am biased reveals more about you, than me.

>the point was not to care

Almond status: activated

this scene > entire reddit 1st season

>season 1
Sup Forums kino
>season 2
Sup Forums vinceposting kino

Why are people upset that there wasn't an actual cthulu at the end? I think it's much more terrifying that the evil done to those children isn't the results of some god abomination raping our reality but is instead the work of bad men.

>mfw "I know about the yella man"

>le gas mask man
>is never mentioned again

it was the old man tied down in the last episode, right?

Fargo is an anthology series done right, Season 2 of TD was just garbage

>autism

It was Reggie, the cultist Marty shoots and they have to cover up the scene to look like a shootout happened.

did you even watch the fucking show you moron?

this, the period true dectective s1 was coming out was the golden age of tv.

>ywn come back from work on monday with a fresh episode of True Detective, GoT, Madmen and Boardwalk Empire ready to watch

WU-TANG KILLAH BEES, WE GONNA SWARM
WU-TANG KILLAH BEES, WE GONNA SWARM

i wasn't ready

>people complaining about cthulu not appearing on the show
go watch ricky morty if you like that kind of meme supernatural stuff

That made me want to rewatch it

How can one show look so goddamn amazing?

gr8 B8 M8

I preferred it to season 1, but it's very different.

>Not Episode 3

But Episode 6 is trash already. The first 5 alone make it a top 10 season anyway

DA YELLOW KANGZ!!!!

i like that the it shows marty as shitty parent and dosen't try to give it a positive twist. his kids turn out captain of the varsity slut squads

So what was the Yellow King's tax policy?

Pretty sure they do a stealth edit when the camera pans up to the helicopter, but it's still a great shot.