Jedi morals

Would Qui-Gon Jin have been justified in simply killing Watto, then just taking the ship parts as well as Anakin and his mother with him?

yes

>My mystical religion justifies cheating, stealing, killing, if it follows the Will of the Force
What did Lucas mean by this?

Yes. But he had some time to kill instead so he gave watto a chance to do it willingly.

The problem is in a lot of ways you're dealing with a combination of moral relativism and predestination at the same time.

The 'will of the force' is more like the best possible outcome, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean you survive. QED what happened to Quigon at the end of TPM.

Sith are like bad children and Jedi are good children and they die about the same amount of the time.

Sith want to be free of the forces control but ultimately are driven into an uncontrollable emotional blindness and Jedi are blinded almost as equally by the lightside, to better options.

Meanwhile the regular people are getting stomped on by religious nutjobs.

reddit spacing fuck

How would you know?

because i'm not an ignorant retard like you

Any reason is justified for killing jews and jew lookalikes.

So you go to reddit is what you're saying.

I still don't get how there wasn't a single currency exchange system. Even if Tattoine wasn't a member state of the republic surely it had connections with states that were. Hell surely smuggling operations would have had use for the currency. The exchange rate might have been shitty but surely a deal couls be made.

>reddit spacing fuck

I don't mind this.

It is more aesthetically pleasing.

Nobody spaces shit like this on Reddit though. Like, just try going to the site and look at the comment sections.

Its literally "LOOK AT ME!" the post format.

>A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense
>never for attack
No, he wouldn't be justified.

no it's not. It objectively more pleasng on the eye.

Yeah it's almost like he's making a reply with the intention of it being read by others.

>like, just
literally typing like a redditor

Says the poster literally typing like he hasn't even finished 2nd grade.

>caring about grammar in this shit thread
reddit

It's fine if you don't have 4+ lines all single line and spaced with a double space.

Even you have the common sense not to put a double space between the reply number and the first line.

Text on Sup Forums

Is very compact

If you let it spread out sideways

And don't write vertically

Like an attentionwhoring cuckold

Is using the grammar of a teenage girl more mature to you than not capitalizing words on a message board?

No it is not.
Spacing paragraphs is fine game, but doing it to each sentence is dumb

It's the fedora of written text, like overusing semicolons.

well said, fellow redditor

Like, just, ehhh, blurgh

You don't type these things out unless you're a teenager.

You just put a single space after one sentance. It's like you subconciously want to do it.

Reddit

Semi colons are fine if you know how to use them. Ellipses, however, are cancerous as fuck.

Lmao typical redditor response

>It's the fedora of written text, like overusing semicolons.

this, so much this.

omg are you me?

>literal owner of slaves

Absolutely

not if you know how to use them

What if I am a teenage girl? Perhaps the mere thought of even posting int he same thread as a girl scares you that much.

Exactly, single space. No need for more.
Second sentence wasn't a continuation of the first, so I spaced.

>white male ignoring (and by doing so, condoning) slavery

typical

>What if I am a teenage girl?
Then post your fucking feet, roastie.

Go to /lit/ if you want to post about proper type formatting

R E D D I T S P A C I N G
R E D D I T S P A C I N

R E D D I T S P A

R E D D I T
R E
R E D D I T

R E D D I T S P A

R E D D I T S P A C I N
R E D D I T S P A C I N G

plz no bully

imagine getting bothered enough to comment on reddit spacing

fuck up cunt

Calling a reply a "comment"

Your reddit is showing

Qui-Jon was an outliner an considered a weirdo by other Jedi too. He didn't stick to "protocol" like the others and Obi-Wan was the same.

He was trained by Dooku after all.

Stop commenting mr trip

My god. The reddit spacing is strong in this thread.

but I have always wrote like that, even before reddit

Will you faggots shut the fuck up about reddit, nobody fucking cares, jesus christ.

Protip: Most people don't know what the fuck semicolons mean. Anyone reading a text in which you use semicolons will just assume you're a twat.

There probably was, and Watto just didn't want to deal with the hassle. Which would make Quigon trying to mind trick him into accepting slightly less shitty of a thing.

If Hitler were Qui-Gon things would have gone done differently.

i wasn't though you absolute illiterate

"he commented upon x"
nothing to do with the format of either website dumb shit

But Watto didn't give the mother up, why didn't Qui-gon kill him then? His actions caused the mother to get killed which lead to Darth Vader which lead to the collapse of the Jedi Order

oh look, another newfriend trying to fit in by accusing everybody of being "reddit"

>reddit invented paragraphs
no

>reddit invented the verb "to comment"
no

They were attempting to interfere minimally in the planet. They weren't even meant to be there; they were supposed to be back on Naboo. Killing a local business owner who would have associates in the area would attract the attention of authorities/the Hutts, and lead to further bs

>one of the first scenes to ever show the Force being used way back in 1977 shows it can be used to alter minds and control people's actions, and yet no one complained about it until the prequels

Luke tried to use it to manipulate Jaba into freeing Han too. I don't see how that's different or morally superior to trying to free a slave.

Qui-Gon probably had other plans like coming back and free the mother too since he is the only one that seemed to care but he died.

Fucking Padme should have used some money to save the mother of the kid that helped you defeat the Trade Federation tho, she was a fucking queen and she knew she was left as a slave

Republic credits could probably be traced, and in the world Watto rolls in that makes them a liability

not in the eyes of the Jedi or the law of the Republic. as far as the Sith are concerned, yes. if the jew isn't strong enough to hold on to his belongings, then he doesn't deserve them.

>Would Qui-Gon Jin have been justified in simply killing Watto

Yes.

>Calling a (you) a reply
I have the high ground

He could have just put him in force stasis or something and just made a run for it with the parts and Anakin and his Mother. Literally the same thing as scamming him with worthless money or cheating him on a bet

The Force isn't like the Holy Spirit or anything, why would it have morals?

But muh bomb in muh head

>another thread turns into accusatory Reddit fest

Great job guys! Really improving the quality of the board

>man feet
>teenage girl

Pick one you fag. Just cut your dick off and work your way to suicide already

gb2r

Why do people have such a hard time with reading comprehension? Is it a phonefag thing?

What the fuck? I've been doing this since as long as I can remember, and I swear, hand on heart, I've NEVER intentionally been on Reddit in my entire life. I was also just on /fit/ a few minutes ago, and someone pointed out the "Reddit Spacing" thing there too. Is this simply a hot new meme?

Fucking hell; I use semicolons for fucking everything. Am I secretly Reddit? This can't be happening, I'm in charge.

>a hot new meme
It's been a thing for at least 6 months you fucking normalfag

>a space religion that defends balance, life, not engaging needless fights and mutual respect for the nature and all the living beings (Yoda said shit like that in EP V)
>randomly killing an alien and taking what he needs because he can

You tell me

>randomly killing an alien and taking what he needs because he can
You mean like what they did to Jaba?