How would you turn cheesy shit into AAA-tier Kino titles, tv?

Serious Mortal Kombat trilogy by grounding it to a degree

The Great Shaolin Tournament
The Emperor's Tournament
The Great Shaolin War

500 years ago, The Great Kung Lao (Jet Li) defeats Shaolin monk, Shang Tsung (Miyavi) to become the third Shaolin Champion. Until, Tsung brings in a new challenger. The Nephilim, Prince Goro. Half angel/half human who stands at 12ft tall and has four arms. After Lao's death, the Shaolin monk Shang Tsung takes up black magik and brings a darkness into the Shaolin tournament.

Present day, Sonya Burke (Jessica Chastain) with her partner Jackson Briggs (Anthonie Mackie) are on the hunt for Kano (Tom Hardy), a American-Japanese who is extremely proficient with martial arts, knives and blades, he is the hitman for the Black Dragon Yakuza. Liu Kang (Ng Chin Han) is a rebellious Shaolin monk and is training for the tournament coming up, he enters along his cousin Kung Lao (Donnie Yen), an elderly Asian beggar brings together his team consisting of Johnny Cage (Tom Hiddleston), the best P4P MMA Fighter/Hollywood actor, In the year 1997, a ninja belonging to the Lin Kieu, an outcast clan due to their use of black magik attempts to assassinate Hanzo after a slight insult, but ends up burning his house down, killing his wife and daughter and giving him life-long third degree burns. The incident sends him mad, as wears dirty yellow straps around his typical ninja garb, Hanzo enters the tournament wearing the skull of his wife as a mask plated in gold and made to breathe from, it also sticks to his face. Not apart of any clan, Sub-Zero takes offense to his ash-covered, primal, yellow colors, mocking his clan's blue colors. Beneath his yellow straps, a small spring-loaded-like "spear guns" which can take out an eye, or the heavier one which can bring a person towards you. With no name. He is given the name The Scorpion. Reptile is a demonic creature summoned up by Shang Tsung to spy on the fighters from Raiden's clan.

Mortal Kombat is cheesy which is the appeal. Making it less cheesy would ruin it which is why MK1>Mk2.

Perhaps you should take a deep breath and go fuck yourself.

MK2 > MK1

And perhaps your imagination is shit, that's why you can't envision anything because you're not a creator. Having Tom Hiddleston as Johnny Cage would fuck your shit up, plus Tom Hardy as Kano (and not with a laser fucking beam eye - with an eye patch).

Maybe once exoskeletons become a thing, yeah well, yeah.

Plus having scenes like Liu Kang about to be killed by Goro, only for Kung Lao to step in at the last second then unloading generations and generations of anger upon, splitting his tendons with his hat, bringing him to his knees, hardkicking him in the balls, Lao breaks his arms then holds his head, ready to snap it. Raiden says "Finish it", Shang Tsung yells "No" and Lao just knees him in the temple unconscious. We see all these fatalities and the hero's win by not stooping to that level, except Scorpion who is just a twisted motherfucker and socially awkward around everyone else.

It'll end up turning into a Scorpion wankfest.

>Make it grounded
>Scorpion is just a burn victim for REALISM
>Lol reptile is a demonic creature summoned up by a wizard to spy on a thunder gods team

>grounding it to a degree
They did this with the Doom Movie

quips

>Mortal Kombat
>grounded

Yeah and let's have the next Star Wars be a documentary about moisture farming on Jakku.

Let's make a Dr Strange movie without the magic, because magic is unrealistic.

I wanna see a realistic Mario movie in a post apocalyptic hellscape with semi human turtle hench-- wait that actually happened.

Sure, it can be stretched but a lot of sorceror's do that. There's been reports of demon summing. I like the story of Shang Tsung - a good Shaolin monk who lusts for power and becomes a Sorceror.

I like Hanzo have a nervous breakdown and it takes him 20 years to actually find his wife and child's murderer, there's not even a "FIGHT", Scorpion just jumps in there and starts to throw his spears into Zero's eye then hooks it like a fish so he is pulling him towards him while screaming "GET OVER HERE!" in Japanese. It'd be awesome. He ends up wrapping chains around Zero's neck and hanging him then letting him go... He finally stops after he decides to unmask himself, full beard, long hair, hasn't washed in 5 years, he holds a device up to his mouth and spits fire onto Sub-Zero. Some fire comes back by accident as Scorpion just takes it but Sub-Zero is tormented and turns all black. What a noob.

>hi, my name is user and I'm obviously missing the whole point,

>Johnny Cage (Tom Hiddleston)
Count me the fuck out of brits playing cocky Americans. If money is no object just get Chris Evans for fuck's sake.

>Sonya Burke (Jessica Chastain) with her partner Jackson Briggs (Anthonie Mackie)
>BLACKED

I thought that too then I thought nah, Tom could capture a white Anderson Silva amazingly with his skinny, tall, lean-muscled frame. Throw in the obnoxious tattoos and these stupid fucking haircuts. He'd be a great Johnny Cage (a light-heavyweight American Conor McGregor) who loves pussy, fighting and not fighting against guys bigger than him. Cage is an anti-hero, Evans' face is too heroic.

Your ideas are absolutely terrible.

>Sonya Burke
>burke
U wot?

Tasty fresh bread op. How would the fight stadiums look? Also would Daddario play Sonya Blade?

Here's your (you)
Epic troll m3mel0rd (#)

So, would the opening to the film with a two minute entrance for Goro coming in like a prince with primal drummers in the background, almost like an actual entrance be terrible? Then seeing Goro beating the absolute shit out of the legendary Jet Li as the Great Kung Lao, shaved head, in orange and white be terrible?

Would Tom Hardy as a Jap-American, losing his eye in the tournament from Sonya cutting it out after Kano killed her former partner, be terrible? She'd had the best line, "Well, like you always said... An eye for an eye."

I see Kano as a martial artist who has got skills but isn't good in film #1 because he has become to reliant on a pistol, so he trains for the next tournament after Sonya attempts to arrest him but both are grabbed by Kahn's forces.

Shao Kahn declares his own Tournament by the end of the film. We see the classic scene of him pointing his finger at a bowed and disgraced Shang Tsung for Goro's death.

Would Hanzo becoming the Scorpion be terrible? A martial artist who is actually crazy and has crazy devices on him?

I love the idea of Scorpion wearing ashy, yellow drapes over his ninja outfit along with the gold-plated piece of mouth/skull over his grim expression... As well as his spring-loaded harpoon, which can shoot like a bullet at any time, resulting to suprise deaths.

Shang Tsung being able to morph into every fight past, present? Including The Great Kung Lao? Jet Li as the boss at the end?

Yeah, it's a money maker. We al know it.

I would have loved to see a movie based on Deadly Alliance. Hell they could still do it. DA, Deception, then Armageddon.

Mega Man is set in a dystopian future where Mega Man's brother, Proto Man, was slain in his fight to free society from a fascist dictatorship. Mega Man, inspired by his brother's death, strives to rally the city dwellers and start a revolt, but realizes that the people have become placid and apathetic to change, unwilling to fight. His brother's sacrifice having been in vain, Mega Man retreats and leaves the city to it's fate.

all you need is above average actors and great choreography. You'll never make a good non-cheesy MK. The 'realistic' shorts were alright but they can't sustain a feature length movie

sounds fucking queer just like you

You had me until Tom Hiddleston as Cage. No fucking way. Give Tom Hardy Cage and make Kano Joel Kinnaman

I feel all those storylines are terrible.

I mean you could have the Dragon King storyline mentioned in this MK reboot/re-imagining) and we open with the first fight. The very first "Mortal Kombat" fight.

The Dragon King Vs. Raiden

It's dark and stormy, Raiden throws out thunderballs left and right until we see the Dragon King in all his glory and it's the FUCKING dragon from the symbol! It's huge and Raiden ends up blowing a hole through his heart after he begins squeezing him.

The Dragon King is eternal so now he is left with a huge scar in hsis chest but that's where the symbol comes from...HIM.

I really want a Street Fighter movie starring DTV regulars Scott Adkins and Michael Jai White directed by Chad Stahelski. Turn it into a minimalist martial arts film with locations to die for.

How high are you?

Yes, that all sounds terrible.

It sounds like you are trying to make it grounded, but your idea of that is to just take out a small amount of the supernatural stuff, and replace some of it with equally ridiculous shit.
>Goro needs to be grounded
>He can't be part of a race from another realm
>Nope, he is now half human, half angel!

>Scorpion can't be a dead ninja from hell out for revenge, that isn't grounded
>Hey, lets make Reptile a demon ninja from hell lol

And the whole skull mask of his dead wife plated in gold is just retarded and edgy as fuck.
Why does Scorpion need to have his character changed when he can literally fill the role you want Reptile to fill?

Make it a Korean revenge sci-fi. Kpoop can subbed out the vegas girls.

Only change was Goro instead of being half dragon/half human is now the opposite, it gives him an air of majesty.

I love the new Scorpion, i love him having a mental/nervous breakdown. I don't like him using his wife's teeth but I do like him using just a normal yellow mask.

Reptile being a summoned demon makes total sense, it's why in the first game who can only mimmick moves from both ninjas. I see him as like a man, parading in human skin, with a ninja outfit as his huma skin is falling off.

Hanzo surviving Sub-Zero's attack and gaining revenge on him for that sounds a lot better. The rest is cheese.

Look kid, your ideas probably sond great in your head when you're playing with your figures in your moms basement, but if you actually think something like that would look good on the screen then you're a moron.

Having gone to film school and learning about film structure, and knowing about directing and visuals. I think there would be classic moments there - that are come naturally. I think the dynamic and chemistry of the characters would work big time with Sonya, Anthony Mackie as Jax, with a cocky Tom Hiddleston as Cage, Liu Kang and Donnie Yen as Kung Lao led by some Asian beggar. It could be really funny for an R-rated flick. Treat the source material with respect.

People moaned how Heath's Joker wasn't perma-white but it fit Nolan's vision for his Batman universe. Just as how like all of this fits my vision for a Mortal Kombat trilogy.

Hiddleston saying he wants to be taken seriously and this seems like a step-down from his usual gig, only to get slapped by Raiden. I love Raiden as a blind, old beggar too (he can take any form - he feels that this is the best to bring the team together).

Kano being an American slob (like a Jap-US Kevin Owens) who's really good with a knife.

And Hanzo's family being killed then his quest to find his attacker. Classic revenge.

Set up for MKII, Raiden goes into his God-mode and destroys Kintaro when Kahn is about

Deadly Alliance had an awesome story. I agree that the other two were shit. Especially MKA.

>The Scorpion (2019)
>Sub-Zero: Mythologies (2020)
>The Scorpion 2 (2021)
>Special Forces (2022)
>Shaolin Monks (2022)
>Mortal Kombat (2023)
>MK: Ice & Fire (2024)
>Shaolin Monks 2 (2024)
>Mortal Kombat 2 (2025)
>Sub-Zero 2: Cyborg (2026)
>The Scorpion 3 (2026)
>Special Forces 2: Black Dragon's Revenge (2027)
>Raiden: Origins (2027)
>Mortal Kombat 3 (2028)

I highly doubt you have finished high school, let alone gone to film school.

Your ideas are all over the place.
>Needs to be grounded
>Half angel half humans
>Sorecerers
>Demon ninjas
>Thunder gods

>Serious
>It could be really funny if Raiden slaps Tom hiddelston xD

>Classic revenge story
>Scorpion instantly attacks and kills Sub Zero without a fight

Please no.

Played the fuck out of Sub-Zero: Mythologies on the genesis when I was a kid,
I think I still remember a couple fatalities

*N64

>Johnny Cage (Tom Hiddleston)

Your Kano sounds dangerously close to the embarrassment that was Colin Farrell's Bullseye

Not really. Prologue opens centuries before with the Great Kung Lao vs. Shang Tsung. Shang Tsung can't handle the lost so he introduces Goro from Outworld. That's the prologue. Goro still looks like Goro, except more savage and total beast. (Half angels/Half men were called Nephilims - Giants in the Bible, k?)

Shang Tsung is a Sorceror, he is suppose to be a demon too but I like him being a sore loser Shaolin monk who loses his way and heads down the darkside of the Shaolin arts (why he is still alive 500 years later is because since Goro won, Goro never ages but Tsung figured out - how that system works)

First act sets up Kung Lao's and Liu Kang's relationship, and how they sort of hate each other. Lao fears that Kang might turn into Tsung or something.

Chosen for the tournament. Tournament is ultra-rare, no invites, you have to be chosen by one of two people only. Raiden gathers Cage, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sonya Burke and Jackson Briggs.

Sub-Zero's Clan is an outcast Clan because they use black magik, they are able to manipulate ice and use it as a projectile, throwing fresh ice that will quickly set is impressive, they're on Tsung's team along with Kano. Kano killed Sonya's former partner in the FBI, an "Eye for an eye" he gloats.

Hanzo is the wildcard, he just boards the fucking ship on a broken down boat - and grapples to the top. Sets up the characters.

Second Act has them training and fighting.

Sonya earns her nickname "Blade" after she takes one of Kano's blades and cuts out his right eye, instead of killing him.

Sonya advances but now has to up against Sub-Zero, Zero just wrecks her. He throws ice bombs which explode shares of legit hard ice - like grenades. Zero is OP as fuck.

As Sonya's on the ground and Sub-Zero is about to pull her head off, a harpoon hits Zero's wrist who was trying to freeze the neck. Raiden tells Tsung to call it off. Tsung just says, "an eye for an eye, right" in Mandarin.

A harpoon flies out and grabs Sub-Zero.

Not even realizing it, Hanzo or "the Scorpion" is dragging Sub-Zero towards him with two harppons in him from his wrist. A lot more fighting. Lao asks about his ancestor. Backstory, subtle exposition.
>Third Act involves the real reason, the twists
>Raiden is actually a fallen angel who using the Tournament so one day he may get back into Heaven
>Final fights Lao Vs. Goro, Kang Vs. Tsung

Yeah that sounds fucking terrible