/sino/ - 中文

Franny Edition

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdQ0k4MXF0SXdTcGM
(shout out to /lang/ for the second link)

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wsaz.com/content/news/China-Energy-signs-837-billion-West-Virginia-investment-agreement-456288953.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_Two
foreignpolicy.com/2010/03/12/the-history-of-the-honey-trap/
qz.com/1064404/young-people-in-china-have-started-a-fashion-movement-built-around-racial-purity/
youtu.be/hcM_UqcorWM
youtube.com/watch?v=CDMnGzttBlQ
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKWhfOFddvwn4Giqfs6F5En-iVm0GnAy_
youtu.be/eiYV90EMYu8
youtu.be/nbTRNt_EnhE
fluentin3months.com/chinese-week-1/
fluentin3months.com/bennys-mandarin/
youtube.com/watch?v=0x2_kWRB8-A
youtu.be/mR22sV1Oq8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What did she mean by this?

My beard is getting bushy. What will be the reaction of locals in China? Will they think I'm a terrorist? Should I just trim it?

Always a curiosity since Asians can't grow beards, but depends if you are handsome or not.

>take a Mandarin class at university
>find out that Chinese is basically a caveman ooga booga language with no beauty or sophistication

>but depends if you are handsome or not
Guess I'll trim it...

>amerimutt still pushing this maymay

毛主席是我们心中的红太阳!
战无不胜的毛泽东思想万岁,万岁,万万岁!

Just make sure it's clean and well-kept lol

>Trump in 2016
>Chyna is stealing our jobs, and we're gonna get them back, believe me!
>Chyna is letting North Korea terrorize America, no more!
>I will not let products from Chyna come to America, 45% tariffs!
>crowds cheering
>Trump in 2017
>I love Chyna, such amazing people, meand Xi get along very well
>we're gonna work together to solve the Korean issue
>we're going to increase China-America trade
>meanwhile, brings a whole troupe of entrepeneurs to sign 250 billion USD worth of contracts with Chinese companies
>record scratch, freeze frame
So what happened, /sino/? What made Trump completely changed his China policy?

7-dimensional intergalactic backgammon

>still buying into last year's pro-Trump memes
Face it, being a 川粉 is so 2016.

I'm going to be a realist, one day we will have robots capable of manufacturing anything a human can. This is possible with current technology but for some reason no one wants to do it. Then many Chinese people will starve to death.

Trump is getting China's guard down

Because you smoke cock

wsaz.com/content/news/China-Energy-signs-837-billion-West-Virginia-investment-agreement-456288953.html

>chinese people

You mean africans, and the africans are already starving.

>giving China 250 billion (BILLION) USD in business
>uh, he's just softening them up
I voted for him, and I'll admit he's a complete flip flopper.
Let me be clear, I actually support what he's doing now, but I'll be god damned if he doesn't just switch his positions whenever he feels like it.
If it were possible to fully automate everything, trust me, the benevolent bourgeoisie would have done it already. Humans are still necessary.

>China thread
>Australians and Canadians

Angrosphele?

To be honest it sounds like he's been cucked by Xi. I think he mostly still believes the same things about China but during his campaign he blamed China, whereas now he blames America for letting it happen, and a likely part of that shift is being won over by Xi.

Xi is a great guy and amazing leader. He's easy to respect and admire at the worst of times, and given how skillfully his rise has been it's clear that part of it must be from his ability with words - to convince people to side with him. He has used that skill on Trump, successfully.

That's good and bad, I think. The concern isn't Xi, it's the people that will rule when he is gone that are concerning because they will inherit Xi's powerful China but they may be batshit insane and/or ultra-hawkish.

On second thought I imagine Chinese people would probably rather turn to prostitution, but the loss of face for them may as well be death.

>threatening china with massive tariffs if they don't start buying American goods and investing in American industry is "flip-flopping"

No, that's called using your leverage to make a deal that benefits you which is what he does. The trade war was a threat to scare the Chinese into coming to an agreement that will benefit the American economy without having the negative consequences both diplomatic and economic that a trade war would have.

Forgot neat pic.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_Two

Showed a qt my beard on wechat and she didn't like it. Showed another one and she said she liked it.

The Chinese are inscrutable.

Xi is cool.

Trump was blaming without naming Obama and Bush and Clinton, his predecessors whom he despises.

Trump is following the economic philosophy of the "American System" which existed prior to the Cold War. Economists such as Friedrich List (you could call the system "Listism" like Smithism and Marxism) form the cornerstones.

This system emphasizes RECIPROCAL trade, meaning that trading with China and Saudi Arabia is fine as long as they're buying our stuff too- with the ultimate goal being to eliminate the trade deficit and reach neutral levels on trade. This is why Trump sold 200 billion dollars worth of shit to the Saudis months ago and brainlets complained- Trump's plan has always been to sell shit to the guys we are currently buying shit from in order to whittle the trade deficit down to nothing like it was before the 1960s when our trade deficit began it's march to the 2010s when it has ballooned out of control to our detriment.

Reminder to STAY AWAY FROM CHINESE QTs if you aren't a NEET.

>MI5 is worried about sex. In a 14-page document distributed last year to hundreds of British banks, businesses, and financial institutions, titled "The Threat from Chinese Espionage," the famed British security service described a wide-ranging Chinese effort to blackmail Western businesspeople over sexual relationships. The document, as the London Times reported in January, explicitly warns that Chinese intelligence services are trying to cultivate "long-term relationships" and have been known to "exploit vulnerabilities such as sexual relationships … to pressurise individuals to co-operate with them."
foreignpolicy.com/2010/03/12/the-history-of-the-honey-trap/

你真漂亮

idk what universe it is where selling American goods is a bad thing for the country.
trade is great and is the absolute best way to ensure relations between China and the USA don't implode like a lot of people seem to hope they will

An American user was telling me that this is a big problem for the US military, especially in Hawaii.

>tfw no chinese qt gf that pressures you into giving up state secrets for sex

>current year
>not stealing chinese state secrets with your bwc
shiggy

Trump paying tribute to the Steamed Bun, as is customary when one meets the Huangdi

>willing to disgrace ones heritage, betray ones country and shame ones family by screwing with chinks

Do you guys know much about Chinese culture?
Are they less stringent on personal space? My lab partner keep putting her hand on my leg and I feel like that's something you do to people you are close to here. I think she is just one of those really open and social people though

yes
t.chink

wake up user, stop touching yourself when you fall asleep during lab, its quiet embarrassing desu ne.

She is sexually harassing you, but I guess you like that kind of thing.

She wants your penis. Chinese girls are extremely promiscuous. They're probably the easiest girls in the entire world second to Filipinas.

>and the third got cucked by Christianity and the Turks.
One could say exactly analogous shit about the Chinese.

qz.com/1064404/young-people-in-china-have-started-a-fashion-movement-built-around-racial-purity/

>At each APEC meeting throughout the years, attendees have been given “local dress” from the host region, in a well-documented and cringe-worthy tradition that begin in 1993 when Bill Clinton handed out “bomber jackets” during a summit in Seattle. Accordingly, at the 2001 meeting, leaders gathered for a photo opportunity in a traditional-looking outfit referred to as “the outfit of the Tang” (tangzhuang). Curious photos of the leaders collectively smiling in their newly acquired outfits, and of George W. Bush, Jiang Zemin, and Vladimir Putin chatting earnestly in the “outfit of the Tang,” quickly spread across official media, the Sinophone Internet, and around the world as representations of China and Chinese tradition.

>One problem, however, emerged within this representation: the outfit of the Tang was not in fact a product of the august Tang Dynasty (618–907 CE). Despite the seeming precision of this name, the “outfit of the Tang” is in fact a vague term used to refer to a variety of Chinese-style clothing, a concept first constructed by Chinese overseas during the late Qing Dynasty in relation to “Western clothing” (xizhuang). The outfit on display at APEC was in fact known as the magua, an originally Manchu style of clothing that spread throughout broader Chinese society during the Manchu-dominated Qing Dynasty (1644–1911 CE). Ninety years after the fall of the Qing, Chineseness was thus being represented on a global stage through what could be viewed, in a nationalist and essentialist lens, as the clothing of a peripheral or “barbarian” people at best, or even for some, the imposition of an external conquering power.

i swear most of the questions about history are fkin baits.

>Manfu, or Manchu clothing, thus provided a spark, to borrow Maoist terminology, which started a Han prairie fire. The answer to Manfu was found in Hanfu, or Han Clothing. According to movement histories, a now untraceable post was distributed on a number of Chinese web forums criticizing the APEC photo-op. This post reportedly declared that the most outrageous aspect of this sartorial slight was the simple fact that there was a far more suitable choice for representing China: a traditional style of clothing, purportedly first created at the time of the mythical figure the Yellow Emperor and worn for millennia by the Han, the core of Chinese civilization.

>This clothing, portrayed in sketches attached to the post, was characterized by broad sleeves and flowing robes decorated with brilliant colors and elaborate designs, and was known simply as “Han Clothing,” or the traditional clothing of the Han. There is in fact no clear history indicating that there was any such apparel in existence under the name Han Clothing, but as an imaginary tradition envisioned as having been present at and thus providing links to the many celebrated moments in Chinese history, Han Clothing thus becomes a tradition inextricably intertwined with greatness.

No fap is a hell of a drug
I'm messed up

People are retarded

I like zhu lin

>turks
Wot

They have nothing to do with China

>ywn be a big nosed redhead stereotype laowai getting state secrets
why even live

Just make sure you don't give her too much money

>Despite claims to the contrary, the existence of these pyramid-shaped tomb mounds was known by scientists in the West before the publicity caused by the story in 1947. Shortly after the New York Times story, Science News Letter (now Science News) published a short item saying: "The Chinese pyramids of that region are built of mud and dirt and are more like mounds than the pyramids of Egypt, and the region is little travelled. American scientists who have been in the area suggest that the height of 1,000 feet (300 m), more than twice as high as any of the Egyptian pyramids, may have been exaggerated, because most of the Chinese mounds of that area are built relatively low. The location, reported 40 miles (64 km) southwest of Sian, is in an area of great archaeological importance, but few of the pyramids have ever been explored."[6]

WE

Good thing I'm poor

youtu.be/hcM_UqcorWM
Trump's granddaughter singing in Chinese

>tfw Trump is lecturing Vietnam right now

youtube.com/watch?v=CDMnGzttBlQ

Mongols, Manchurians.

r-rude.

K E K

>Sian
>pyramid
>not qin shi huang succeeded to live forever
>gets underground because fuck everyone
>use technology to create more cute terracotta for pleasure while other terracotta male go out to work for him

The Terracotta Army is a hoax.

Turks are called xiongnu living in current Xinjiang
Mongols are in mongolia (wow that's a surprise)
Manchurians are nomads living somewhere between russia and Beijing
You've got all messed up senpai

Kek

And Mongols, Manchurians, (even Turks like Uyghurs) all got cucked by Han in the end, their lands, people, cultures are all China's now, can Greek say the same to turks today? Why don't we stop bringing this old quarrel into new thread?

turks =/= xiongnu the concept of Turk didn't exist when Xiongnu was around. Xiongnu disappeared during the 400 ad, when the roman empire was still around. They also roamed around the area of current day mongolia.

Exactly, Xiongnu are "proto-Mongols", and Han fucked them up good!

I know all that.
I said "exactly analogous", not "exactly the same".

Let's have some lovely folk songs from our beloved "ethnic minorities siblings" in "China" such as Mongols and Uyghurs, no fighting, no divided and conquer trick from the West.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKWhfOFddvwn4Giqfs6F5En-iVm0GnAy_
youtu.be/eiYV90EMYu8

>can Greek say the same to turks today?
Yes, in a sense, you can say that. Turks aren't the same as the stepniggers who came down here. They are "essensially" of "Greek/Persian" culture.

youtu.be/nbTRNt_EnhE

do Chinese people have stereotypes for certain provinces/areas of China? Like how the US has rednecks in the south

Didn't you ask this before do you want us to give you a whole list, some provinces are even divided themselves to a point that they don't consider the other part the same province.

yes all southerners are short, greedy subhumans with fucked up shit like eating live rats.

>They are "essensially" of "Greek/Persian" culture.
Right...., go tell that to Turks.

You were "Eastern Roman Empire" before Turks conquered you, did Turks called themselves "Roman Empire" or "Greek Empire" after they conquered Constantinople?

I'm not disagreeing with that.
Anyway, what I said at the begining, is that Turks and Christianity disrupted Greek continuity about as much Manchurians/Mongols/whatever and Buddhism/Confucianism disrupted Chinese continuity, i.e. not that much.
Turks have a state now, and so do Mongols. Doesn't mean much.

But that's the issue, your "analogous" is false, Manchu and Mongols are all assimilated into Chinese society in the end, Yuan and Qing are also all become Chinese dynasty in the end( they literally said it by themselves and recognize by contemporary foreigner countries in the same era). "Not" very similar to your situation.

If you want to promote Greek nationalism and identity reconstruction, you can go start your own thread, you don't have to persuasive me, and I won't "discuss" this any further.

Stop having this non productive argument and move on

*persuade

Anyone ever been to Chengdu?
Interested in going for a few months but would be interested in some first-hand experiences.

Been in Chengdu for quite some time.

A really nice and laid back city.
Especially like the Pandas there.

I've never been to mainland China, what do you think it would be like for a white guy?
The goal of the trip would be to improve my Chinese, but at best, it is currently 2/10.
Any advice or input on the idea as a whole?

Is trump lying about his height or is Xi 6'2

fluentin3months.com/chinese-week-1/
fluentin3months.com/bennys-mandarin/
youtube.com/watch?v=0x2_kWRB8-A

I was there last year.

I felt like just another white boi, and that natives had already become arrogant/put off by foreigners by the time I came there. There are tons of European Chad normie students studying in Sichuan University and the other unis, tons of Russians and Slavs teaching English illegally, so they are far used to white people by now. You likely won’t stand out and experience ‘white god syndrome’. I’m assuming you won’t have much money and you want to earn some coin while studying to support yourself, but there will already be russian and europoor scum taking all the jobs in the city so you might find it hard to get some work. Also found the city to be a bit boring and limited after a while.

In short, I wouldn’t ever go back there. Maybe it’s nice to visit for a few weeks, but I wouldn’t live there. Your experience may vary. Depends if you’re really good looking and not an autismo, and can speak some passable Chinese I guess.

I find this 斯琴格日乐 is really good.
youtu.be/mR22sV1Oq8w

They are pretty much unknown people who's just there and doesn't belong to any cunt around… and it's quite okay to assume they're just mongols or somewhere close to them
Not much is left behind when they got rekt and not assimilated though

For white guy with extreme fear to get rekt or robbed in some small, shitty cities or turk or Tibet monk cities, yes it's a relatively safe place.
However, you'd be pretty much considering Shanghai as your first trip, since it's like the city with influence from west, advanced, clean and friendly to white city out there so that you know you can't deal with china when you can't endure shanghai

This boat wasting designed to accommodate the ample frame of the average laowai

You are wrong, but since you don't want to "discuss" this any further, I'll just leave it there.

Don’t listen to this stupid Jap. Shanghai isn’t a friendly city, it’s like Tokyo where all the locals are cold, and only focused on money and work. Also it’s NOT a good place to learn Chinkese, there are way too many foreigners and you will never be forced to leave your expat bubble and converse with locals.

I’d say go to Nanjing, Hangzhou, or Beijing

I'm that chinese in japan though burger friend
In addition, I said that first visit should be in Shanghai, not study there

The only reason why so many shitty whites come and leave shitty impression about china is because some others who are used to china suggest some minor places to go and the whities be like "why where's muh white clean toilet, clean air, clean streets and white restaurant" instead of trying to know more

Well your choice of Hangzhou and Nanjing is good though, even though Beijing's pollution might get whities to bitch about it though

>没关系,备胎娘会跟你一辈子的!不要再去想ac娘了!
你的回应?

Geeze this "Franny" is only 13??

I thought she's 23...

Meeting a girl later for coffee to give her a "private English lesson"

you're gonna fuck it up

我只想看A主席女装!

"Fuck her up" you mean

呕呕呕

>not considering the possibility of it becoming a real private free english lesson

is there ANY good reason to use Beijing as a capital instead of Nanjing unless you are a steppe horsefucker emperor who wants to live closer to home?

Mao suppossedly initially wanted to settle in Nanjing as capital, but since it was both the capital of a defeated dynasty and still filled with the vengeful ghosts of those killed in all the wars and massacres there, it is a bad place to start a new dynasty.

Mao was a very traditional emperor when it comes to founding a new empire.