Make a damn near-perfect movie with an airtight script, spot-on acting...

>make a damn near-perfect movie with an airtight script, spot-on acting, beautiful cinematography and genuine love for the craft
>it makes no money and gets snubbed of any glory because someone somewhere was black and liked dicks a little too much

Hollywood is fucking dead.

Also what are some other neo-western movies that I should watch? I only know about this and No Country for Old Men.

3:10 to Yuma, Unforgiven, Assassination of Jesse James

it's a solid 3/5 let's not go crazy over here

I don't care about the supposed politics involved in this movie getting snubbed, I care about my bromance coming to a quick and brutal end

>Billboards every intermittent scene that says banks are bad

I sure liked the subtlety of this movie.

I agree with you man, but you can't oblige people to go to the theater for a movie. The ones who care anyway are increasingly fewer with each passing year.
And critics are too far gone in to their identity politics circlejerk to have any objectively valid opinions, and I don't think the situation is salvageable anymore.

Just accept the fact that the industry is in terminal decline and at some time in the next couple of decades it will disappear altogether.

>3:10 to Yuma

That movie sucked though

It's not THAT great. I enjoyed it but it's not any kind of masterpiece that will go down in history. There's already a shitload of movies about people committing crimes for a "good cause".

>gazillion dollar industry
>going anywhere

I liked this movie.

That is all.

Look it's a well executed movie, but ultimately it's forgettable.

The subject has been overdone so much that it didn’t bring anything new to the table.

fractional banking is a fucking meme. credit unions have every benefit of a bank without the kikery.

It came out at the same time as Oscar® Winning Suicide Squad, so everyone was watching that instead.

i cant stomach watching the redditors on nu/tv/ discuss this modern masterpiece. same fucking scum who call this film mediocre then go post in the dr.who and capeshit threads.

It was good, not great. The kind you kinda forget but then remember ten years later as being pretty good when Bridges dies.

not our fault "old" Sup Forums created a shitposting singularity and opened a portal to redditor dimenshion

Yes it only tripled its budget making dozens of millions, got near perfect reviews and was nominated for fucking everything including four academy awards now if there ever was a reason to start race war and kill all niggers and liberals then this is it.

this movie was fucking boring

Fuggin loved that movie. MOTY imo.

It also had a cool ost and i hate country music.

>western

I think I found the problem, OP.

I didn't think it was that good. It wasn't very original but it did an amazing job at being what it was.

agreed and I'm black

but i wanna whine about hollywood!!

Best film of 2016 and it's not even close.

>make a damn near-perfect movie with an airtight script, spot-on acting, beautiful cinematography and genuine love for the craft

lol. It was cliche and boring. Only good for one watch. Just from last year, Embrace of the Serpent was miles better.

how was it cliche

Taylor Sheridan is a hack Hollywood writer who uses hot-button social issues to further his own career and make his brainless genre flicks: Drug war for Sicario, financial crisis for Hell or High Water. Lord knows what he has concocted for this: NoDAPL maybe? I wouldn't put it passed him.

Forgot pic

Texans really like this? if so I'm moving

Oh yes, how dare a writer write about a current issue that affects people and is therefore relatable, what a fucking hack

>meme
Stop calling everything that you don't like a meme, you fucking loser.

Who the fuck cares about awards anyway?

There are more good movies that haven't won any awards than there are that have.

>make movies about blacks you're a hack
>make movies about gays you're a hack
>make movies about drug war you're a hack
>make movies about financial crisis you're a hack

It's impossible to please Sup Forums.

not him but
>ne'er do well troubled older brother and soft-spoken pensive younger brother
>sage wise Native American
>Sheriff Jeff Bridges on his ONE LAST CASE
>Forced tie-ins to a hot button social issue
It had a couple good scenes but it was certainly cliche.

>neo-western movies

Sicario

This. It did what it set out to do and nothing more.

Forgot where you are for a minute there user?

I was pleased watching Silence and it was snubbed more blatantly than Hell or High Water.

Silence was shit and Scorsese hasn't made anything good since his split with Schrader

He's a fucking actor who reads some wikipedia articles about things he wants to frame his dumb action flicks around.

Sicario plays out like a Criminal Minds episode about the drug war in Mexico. the writing was amateur and workshopped to hell. You could tell the writer (who is an actor primarily) just read some wikipedia articles and didn't really care about the subject matter enough to write something meaningful. He just used a touchy subject to further his own career. Disgusting.
>but kate, he is wearing FLIP FLOPS! something's going on with him, can't you see?
>wait a minute... you're a spook! right? the audience hasn't understood that yet, so let me say it again! you are cia, right?
>this illegal massacre witnessed by hundreds of civilians will be all over the newspapers tomorrow! wait no it won't be because we are cynical veterans and know this is always gets buried!
>be careful Kate, cops are the ones you can't trust! don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one, even if he comes out of nowhere
>by the way, they killed his wife and daughter, he is DAMAGED, in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
>by the way I'm an alpha wolf, I'm staring you down, like a wolf, get it?

Scorsese was already shit with Schrader for two fucking decades.

>make a bank robber movie
>without any tension or character development

Silence and The Departed are two of the ten best movies from the last 20 years.

I couldn't give less of a shit about what you wrote.

no

looooool you're projecting so much, it's pretty embarrassing desu

>mad

kys

This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.

I didn't know the financial crisis was a "hot social issue" in 2016. I would say going for a >90% white male cast is proof enough that he doesn't go along with whatever tides the rest of Hollywood does.

>I didn't know the financial crisis was a "hot social issue" in 2016.
Are you fucking serious?

?

which version?

How is that a metric? People are affected by what happened to this day. It shook the world.

Does that make it a hot social issue you fucking retard.

>he is wearing FLIP FLOPS
If someone comes into my work (mil) wearing flip flops, they are an important mother fucker
>spook
wasn't even remotely contrived in having her repeat that. civvies cant be expected to know and understand every single piece of lingo, and it was repeated once.
> illegal massacre
Highly debatable that it wasnt. There are also dozens of border checkpoint shootings a year. not to the same scale, but they still happen regularly
> don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one
Ill give you that
>in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
You would have just as likely complained there was very little character building if they hadnt
>alpha wolf
This didnt happen.

Overall 9/10 on the autism scale. learn to appreciate good movies. If the writing was amateur then your writing is like a middle schoolers diary.

Your argument was that he used hot social issues to advance his film career and you're mischaracterizing him. If his motviation for making movies was to bait people into watching him due to current social topics he would've cast some niggers and women in lead roles, like the new Star Wars, Ghostbusters and whatever else; and his shit would be getting ten times the attention

did we watch the same movie?

the new Star Wars and Ghostbusters weren't seeking awards. You have to play the game smarter than that.

>It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score
And that's all that matters in a visual medium

>The script was utter dogshit
Read a book you ADD millennial

>Just turn your brain off

And learn to paraphrase properly