3rd worlders that have visited 1st world countries (the better ones), how did it feel?

3rd worlders that have visited 1st world countries (the better ones), how did it feel?

Weird because no dogs to pet on the streets

I wouldn't say that portugal is hell on earth, nor would greece or spain be lottery of life

Like it shit and that I was better off home.

I got a backpack stolen in L.A.
I found Spain extremely gay.

Those are my two worse experiences...

Also in New Zealand people took the hobbit meme too seriously, they love to be barefoot.

>LA
so you didn't leave Latin america. next time try actually traveling abroad. LA is a 3rd world shithole anyways.

I spend most of my time in Colorado, I was in LA for only one day.

memes aside, what's wrong with portugal?
for some role reversal though I've visited Egypt a few times, it's shocking how much they rely on the tourism industry despite being capable of being a rich country

Highways were really nice in The Netherlands.
A lot of respect for public space in Europe in general.
Germany and the Netherlands had really nice bike ways.
Wien and Haarlem were exceptionally pedestrian friendly.

They can't fish cuz eu quotas, can't farm cuz Euro quotas... no industry cuz neoliberals.

Oh. And San Diego was nice too.

Egypt has been god awful the two times I was there when you went outside the resort. Trash everywhere, salesmen being extremely stubborn and taxis honking on you every 5s trying to get you in.

I felt so safe in Canada that's the thing I liked the most

>America
>Lottery of life winner
Jesus No

Then move to my shithole and try to make it without a degree.

oh definitely, we went there 3 times and didn't stay at a resort once and it's an absolute shit hole of a country, the worst was the locals trying to grope female family members and street vendors demanding backsheeh at every little thing

Newfag

Lived in the US for some time. Feels nice that you can go out without worrying about getting robbed, on the other hand, the weather was unbearably hot in comparison to the place I live here and you're a nobody if you don't own a car.

Spent some time in Argentina as well. Same thing, you feel safer on average and people kinda see you as " dangerous" just because you're colombian. Nonetheless, they tried to rob me at knifepoint twice but I was able to manage the situation and didn't get robbed in the end.

Coming back ho e felt nice and I learned to appreciate that every place has its downsides. Some things here are just plain amazing and can't be found in the so-called 1st world

W-What happened to your leaf?

>go to LA
>fucked in less than 24 hours
hah

mogadishu is very different from copenhagen

Then leave.

>equatorial guinea
You don't know much about them do you user

Thougt was coca leaf, so I ate it.

I was really impressed at how clean and timely the public transport was in germany, aside from that it was pretty much the same.

>I found Spain extremely gay.
?

>than leafe

>venezuela
>argentina
>uruguay
>blue

didnt felt anything really

>Venezuela
I agree, this is fucked.

Must be older than 5 years.

Spen might surprise you

Equatorial Guinea as well. It's a fucking shithole. They have a huge gdp per capita but all that goes to the dictator. The average joe doesn't have running water.

I've been to British Columbia, Texas, Chicago and Milwaukee
>infrastructure is better on general
>Mexico feels safer than Chicago
>people are warmer here
>everthing is too expensive there
>shitty weather
>food was better than expected
>too many wh*Toids

>Russia
>Saudi Arabia
>Oman

>"You'll be fine here"

Yes, everything is expensive, except for clothing, which is a fucking steal. Everytime I go to the states. I basically go luggage free and come back with a fuckton of clothes

>Chile being on par with Japan
>Equatorial Guinea being above Brazil, or Eastern Europe
This map is absolutely retarded

Ah, yeah
Forgot about that
Clothes and electronics are generally cheaper
Since we're closer, there's some people who drive to the border towns like Laredo and fill up a truck with clothes to sell here

I know. Lost some candies, a hoodie i bought as a gift and 4 16g sd cards with most of the pics and shit I had recorded and hadn't had the chance to backup. So yeah, when an American says he hates L.A. I absolutely know the feeling.

NZ
>Why is seafood so expensive when the ocean is all over
>Why is internet so slow and WTF is a data cap, what do you mean torrents are illegal
>Best tasting milk ever, 10/10 would visit again just to drink milk
Singapore
>Kinda like cleaner and better planned Kuala Lumpur,didn't feel much difference
>Not to be mean but feels kinda 'stiff'
Japan
>Nice trains and people
>why does all the salarymen in nightime shinkansen looks like they are drained of energy
>man must suck being hobo in osaka winter with cardboard box for blanket
>Kyoto preservation efforts is something worth learning from
>Nice cycling path
China (Shanghai & Suzhou)
>Damn son that is some mega construction work
>Shit son communism implementation of policy by force is cheat mode

Haven't visited Yurop yet to judge,maybe next year if I have the time. Will I get bashed by far right movement for being brown kebab in Yurop?

>Will I get bashed by far right movement for being brown kebab in Yurop?

If you look asian people will think you look like any other Chinese tourist which isn't really a good thing but people won't bother you.

When I go I always come back with sneakers for the next couple of years

>>why does all the salarymen in nightime shinkansen looks like they are drained of energy
working 80 hours a week for fear of ostracisation in the workplace might have something to do with it
>>Shit son communism implementation of policy by force is cheat mode
kek, but it has more to do with them being a dictatorship more than anything
>Haven't visited Yurop yet to judge,maybe next year if I have the time. Will I get bashed by far right movement for being brown kebab in Yurop?
if you visit some primarily white underclass area in england you might get some shit for being brown until people realise you're a tourist, can't say for other countries but generally major cities don't really have the racism problem for obvious reasons

It's shit. I was in Austin, TX where everyone said it was the best city ever and all I saw were bars, gas stations, highways, minimalls, pawn shops, fast food restaurants and apartments. Also waiting 30 minutes for a bus. Everything was spread out and miserable.

There's so much more to do here and public transportation is everywhere. Also I never felt safe in Austin. This asshole loosed his attack dog on me one time. Also cab rides that cost 30 bucks plus 20 dollar tips.

Bangkok forever.

Went to Chicago and some nigger pointed a gun at me just because I was a light-skinned black. I will never go to Chiraq again.

The US is a shithole.
I'd rather stay in Mexico than live there.

>>why does all the salarymen in nightime shinkansen looks like they are drained of energy
yeah its a mystery

Can you convince the rest of them?

Chicago is more dangerous than 99% of Mexico. You are lucky.
I really fucking hate chicago.

C'mon m8

>Some things here are just plain amazing and can't be found in the so-called 1st world
Like what?

You seriously don't know how bad certain parts of the US are.

Chile blue jajakakakakkajsjakajjxjkakshfkaksjdjshajajajajdkkaja

>look asian
Far from it, typical brown SEAmen and depending on how much sun exposure can be any of colour in this pic.
My sister was held up by train conductors in Germany because they mistook her for arab since some arabs in front of her were talking about bombs in the train and making everyone uncomfortable, she started crying when she couldn't answer why her baggage is full of knives she bought as souvenir. Kinda makes me afraid of being shot for buying a lot of cheap knives for everyone in my neighbourhood.
Its those dead eyes staring blankly while playing mobile games on their phone that got me, its like the entire train doing that or still typing work stuff on their laptop while eating convenience store food at 9-10pm.
As for China since all the land technically belongs to the 'people' and since the party is the people they can just grab your land and give you a commie block somewhere as replacement, only connection or long court case can get you a decent compensation. Playing sim city instead of lengthy acquisition and compensation process is cheat mode town planning.
Sure the tax are lower but when paying for a house you only own the structure not the land.
Was hoping to visit the place where my mother used to stay in UK during her studies, London,Bangor and the tank museum.
Not having any armor museum in SEA is suffering.

sure

nak ikut gi yurop bang

And because you have your citizenship you simply leave detroit to somewhere else. unless you're one of the "people" that are why detroit is so shit, then stay there.

>Chile
?

I live in Tennessee. My city doesn't look that much better, not because of crime but because poor as fuck.

If you actually want to have a pleasant time traveling in the US, especially Austin, then get a rental car. You really shouldn't rely on public transportation here, since part of the enjoyment is driving across the country anyways.
Also, people in Texas generally aren't very forgiving when it comes to idiotic tourists.

I know, but you have people who unironically live in Peru, Malaysia, Colombia or England in this thread, and they don't complain as much.

Because America is a shitty country, has that ever occurred to you?

was only to japan, maybe i'll visit korea one day (but desu i rather go to thailand again), it's clean there and expensive, and that's all i guess, pretty boring overall

>it's shocking how much they rely on the tourism industry despite being capable of being a rich country
If you want to see a country that fully relies on tourism and has apparently no other industry go to Turkey.

>America is a shitty country
'no'

You really should try emigrating to Nigeria, Philippines, Nauru or El Salvador, and try to make a living there, to see what a shitty country really is.

you never been to japan, nor in any 1st world country. also what you mentioned are typical stereotypes you read on the internet

I own several Turkish products though: household appliances (Beko), clothing, and even software.

Look at those countries suicide rate compared to America and come back.

Not a good idea, I'm not a fun person to travel with since I like old stuff like museum,castles and such. Really wish our museum have dinosaur fossils and other cool stuff.
A country without industry doesn't manufacture licensed F-16 and its own armored vehicles.

couldn’t agree more.

North america is an occasional bastion of ‘stuff to do’ with endless miles of malls and the same six fast food joints connected by massive highways. And the places with stuff to do are swarming with immigrants and are run as for profit tourist attractions so everything is overpriced

If people there don't commit suicide, they emigrate (to your country?), and in large numbers.

this.

fuck off yank the only worse thing than a patriotic american is a self-loathing american

>try to make it without a degree.
people without a decent education should anyway be culled.

*sigh*
Even foreigners are completely ignorant of America's problems.

speedtest.net data

Then your country would be deserted.

>or England
you fucking what mate

I've been to turkey too and while it was a city that was popular with tourists it was FAR better than ANYWHERE we went in egypt, that's not to say egypt is a complete shithole and we did visit some very nice non-resort places and I'd probably prefer going back to egypt more than going back to turkey but the swede has it right - outside of the resorts and direct coach rides to monuments egypt is a completely different country and feels exactly like you'd expect an african country to be

I get where you're coming from but suicide is a bit of a cultural thing and has a lot of factors, it's high in america but easy access to guns means it's relatively quick and with a high chance of "success" and the statistics for suicide show this with guns being most popular by far, other countries that have high suicide rates despite being pretty well off are the nordic countries (especially finland), japan, some baltic/slavic countries etc, and countries that aren't good places to live like egypt, pakistan, etc can have stupidly low suicide rates - often suicide in such poor countries can mean your family takes a serious economic hit and there's a very strong social stigma against it
I know america has its problems but there's other metrics you can use besides suicide rate to judge how well a country is doing, metrics like education, crime rate, life expectancy, child mortality, income levels, education levels, etc, america ranks pretty decently in all of these despite the stronger social issues it may face compared to say europe

venezuala is not a better place to live than serbia/belarus

>your country would be deserted.
it's better than having shittons of uneducated liabilities.

>In Russia you are fine
>you have troubles in Romania
On what planet do you even live?

Dunno

Your pop is equal to dead Jewish pop in ww2

Is the US the hell on earth because you got shot very often?

>Băiatu', băiatu'! Dă-mi şi mie mingea, să fac o schemă!

First world countries are really-really overrated.
I'd rather live in some polynesian island.

A degree from an Indian university is like a postcard from a Western Universities gift shop, not sure what you're pretending to be superior to

>Measuring up to 25mbps as the max

Internet that low shouldn't even be legal.

it would be more interesting if it could measure by province-state, im aware a lot of rural america and even some cities have shit-tier deals, some regions of spain too

>A degree from an Indian university is like a postcard from a Western Universities gift shop
prolly that's why left country is filled with Indian students for graduate studies, only next to canadians themselves.

the most shocking thing about Europe for me were the constant tv ads about perfumes and expensive clothes (stuff like Dior or Dolce Gabbana)
that almost disgusted me a bit, as in, found it rather decadent. Men here are still not as metrosexual, and we are a bit more reactionary about masculinity, taking a lot of care about yourself is still seen as something feminine.

The big differences in quality of life would be

-everybody is better dressed
-people drive better cares, working class europeans from western europe most likely will have a better car than a surgeon here
-considerably safer, even if I dont feel unsafe where I live. Anywhere being safe is the rule of thumb
-no shanty towns (but then, this is the smallest difference, because the muslim banlieu style ghettos serve the exact same role just with better architecture, and are in a way worse than shanty towns here because the people there tend to have another religion and culture)
-no stray dogs
-cheaper electronics because no protectionist taxes, they have accepted to make all tvs and stuff in China. a videogame console is much cheaper than in Latam
-3 kids is a big family

No, not even in EE but that probably depends on where you go. T. Arab

>Venezuela

bait

>constant tv ads about perfumes and expensive clothes (stuff like Dior or Dolce Gabbana)
But those are regular ads everywhere, no? I see them all the time. They usually come with good music from the 70s for some reason.

Then they're not in India are they? The ones that would not be culled by your criteria are the ones smart enough to get the fuck away from your literal shithole

I felt like those were 50% of ads in Europe

>Also, people in Texas generally aren't very forgiving when it comes to idiotic tourists.

I was literally walking on the sidewalk and minding my own business. If that's all it takes to justify getting people to loose their dogs on you and watch as you get bit, everyone in your state can fucking die in a septic tank.

yeah, I live in texas and every time I ride my bike I get fat moms in minivans honking at me for going slightly slower than them, this place is shit.

Scandi land are boring.

the only American cities people from here tend to visit are New York and Miami (and Miami is visited for the combination of beaches and cheaper electronic stuff, not the city)
apart from that, people visit stuff like Disney, or the Grand Canyon or Las Vegas, or Hawaii.
But pretty much the only city people visit because of the city is NY. The other American cities seem to be of the no public transportation drive everywhere/shopping mall type.