Apple Could Buy Disney

Hmmmmmm... really gets the ol' Noggin' Joggin'

>Apple could potentially find the cash to pull off a $200 billion-plus takeover of Disney — creating a company worth $1 trillion with “almost limitless opportunities in content and technology.”

>“Recently, investors have increased their expectations that Apple could seriously consider acquiring Disney,” RBC analysts Steven Cahall and Leo Kulp wrote in the note.

>“Content is a major focus for Apple, target size is not an issue, and Disney offers an avenue to diversify away from hardware without diluting the strong Apple brand,” RBC’s Cahall and Kulp wrote.

>The M&A rumor mill got new grist last fall, when Apple chief Tim Cook told analysts that the tech giant was “open to acquisitions of any size.” In addition, Apple execs met with Time Warner honchos in late 2015 in a discussion that raised the possibility of a merger — before AT&T moved on its $85 billion bid for Time Warner.

>But would Apple shareholders support such a bet-the-company move? Assuming a 40% premium for Disney, the deal would carry a hefty $237 billion price tag. If Apple investors balk, Disney could consider spinning off assets like ESPN and theme parks to make the deal more palatable.

variety.com/2017/digital/news/apple-disney-acquisition-rumor-1202029827/

Other urls found in this thread:

barrons.com/articles/apples-cash-conundrum-is-buying-disney-the-answer-1492093046
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disney is worth significantly more than $200b though

I thought Disney was one of those seven conglomerates that owns the world.

as if disney could get any worse

What would be the others?

Nope
>Disney currently has about 1.61 billion shares outstanding. With a share price of around $94 per share, that puts Disney's market capitalization at roughly $150 billion.

In comparison, Apple's market cap is $740 billion

Disney BTFO

According to the Jews at Disney. Apple could give them 200 billion in cash, their share prices would skyrocket and they'd get to still work there drawing huge salaries and bonuses.

I think Viacom, General Electric, CBS, Time Warner,
I can't think of the others off of the top of my head.

Apple even if it has an obnoxious userbase and largely overpriced products, they are still a productive tech company.
Disney is part of the legacy media in decline.
Why the fuck would Apple want to burden themselves with a dying industry?

They only need to aquire 51% of the shares and they already own a fair amount through pixar.

But apple has almost no cash position inside the usa and would have to call in all m2 and below monies, repatriate foreign cash and sell stocks to do it. And only idiots are leveraged on apple stock.

They literally make overpriced unexpandanle locked down phones with a dwindling market share. Apple is almost as meme a company as tesla.

It's a mega media company but media is not a mega industry compared to defense, electronics, real estate or banking

Unlike GE, we haven't reached the point yet where Disney warplanes are strafing ISIS

apple inc, alphabet inc. the future is libcuck super corporations controlling everyone. i wonder when the libtards will wake up?

So people are going to be using a mickey mouse operating system on their phone?

>company buying disney
never thought that would happen

What economic benefit would there be to buying out Disney (It'd be way more than $200bn btw) and forgoing all that money in assets and probably huge loans to instantly be in charge of a conglomerate of hugely diverse industries they have no experience in all at once?

controlling the mind is more dangerous than dropping bombs

Libcuck and corporations don't go together

Ah, nothing like more media consolidation.

But ge, even though they make nuclear reactors and war plane engines, is supposedly worth far less than a company that makes phones.

In a market where you can go to boost or metropcs and get a comparable phone FOR FREE.

Disney = Jews
Apple = Not Jews

So thats an improvement

the only minds they're controlling are retards to dumb too think for themselves.

As in, the majority of the population?

just enjoy your universal basic income, your weed, and vegetate in front of the tv.

But less profitable

For instance, this plane is worth approximately 300 times as much as the entire Star Wars franchise was

which is everybody

It's going to be less than 200B. They already own part of it through Pixar and they have common investmentd and liabilities.

I dunno what the fuck that dumbass Obama is doing letting this happen

Kanye West is gonna have an existential crisis

they go together like peanut butter and jelly

thanks otrumpa.

wait until the defense industry and media companies start merging.

keep on with your partisan bullshit you absolute subhuman. at least i have comfort knowing you'll be among the first to die. your nigger and chief did give unprecedented power to the government

What planet are you from?

Libcucks LOVE big-business. They only hate it when it is run by white non-liberals.

As soon as big-businesses starts replacing whites with cheaper brown people or threatening to leave North Carolina over tranny bathrooms, they can't choke that 1%er cock down fast enough.

Two cancerous companies for the price of one.

>source: my ass

>t. androidcuck

Meaning only in America?

The Bogdanoffs

>muh brand loyalty
Pathetic

>Apple = Not Jews

The #2 person in Apple, the Chairman of the board? His last name is Levinson

Comcast tried to buy them in 2004, before they moved on to Universal

Read the news everyone once in a while.

Well that settles it.

brb going to buy a samsung handmelter

>Why the fuck would Apple want to burden themselves with a dying industry?
Brand. Currently your brand is worth more than what you actually produce. In the 90s Philip Morris spent 3 times what Kraft was worth because of all their stablished brands.

Park attendance is down
Espn is shit and nobody watches it anymore except drunks at bars

Marvel studios is literally all that's holding the company together

And now nobody smokes cigarettes any more.

is this fair? is this the free market? isn't this a dictatorship of companies that crushes out the smaller guys and kills healthy competition?

You seen to have missed the point of that anecdote.

ABC still turns a profit. For now.

>media is not a mega industry compared to defense, electronics, real estate or banking

Can you recommend a book or website that discusses this more?

>worth $237 billion

That sure is a small company.

The 5 highest grossing movies of 2016 were all from Disney, and only one was Marvel. We may not like it, but fact is those jews know their business.

>Posted from my iPhone

The movie business.

But apparently not the theme park business, the sports business, the toy business, etc. because they're all going down the shitter.

This is just a rhetorical article made by a guy that wanted to write about the logistics of what would happen. It's not actually happening.

Did anyone actually read the article or did you guys just read the greentext and the OP Header? Read an actual business article about the subject, it goes intro further detail about this.

barrons.com/articles/apples-cash-conundrum-is-buying-disney-the-answer-1492093046

Goddamn it, I wish you fucks would actually research this shit, instead of freaking the fuck out over a theoretical merger.

remember when google (or fb?) was going to build this weird huge suburb covered in glass and shit

that was a year ago i think

Yet somehow they're still looking for buyers.

>Did anyone actually read the article

why would i waste my time on something i dont care about and give ad revenue to someone i dont care about

Yeah and now they're focused on driverless cars.

Will they be binned by this time next year?

Idk.

It seems to me people become retarded way before becoming disney sheeples.

I mean if you are gonna blame something blame education and the cultural elite of the ivy leagues schools.

>almost limitless opportunities in content
And thats why we'll get more generic capeshit and princess movies.

>there's somebody else to blame for all of my problems

Oh boy here we go

I gave up on the film industry when the transformer movies were the capeshit of today

>media in decline.
>dying industry
won't they just go.online once theaters and tvs are done for?

Me too but I just felt like venting irritation at such obvious bullshit.

>disney and apple

old money buys the new money unless they wait too long like heel dragging fucktards.

The Disney production back catalogue of films and TV shows is legendary. Literally hundreds of thousands of hours of content, film, TV, music, books, comics, games and shit you can't even imagine is sitting in Disneys vaults.

The future of online content is going to be delivering these old things to the public and whomever owns the biggest hoard will eventually control that market.

You think Disney/Apple will license content to Netflix cheaply with iTunes as competition? Or let Amazon sell eBooks from their publishing arm when they can push them all onto iPads directly?

Disney have stuff to fill all those empty hard drives with and people going forwards are going to want to be distracted.

Yeah but some people actually want to watch some good shit, not many though.

not if new money sells to dumb fucks

lol

should replace that chunk with a giant crooked jew nose

Thanks for your contribution, BULLY !NBPV.eUrhg

without your BULLY !NBPV.eUrhg namesake, your contribution to this thread would not have been the same.

thats just all of modern capitalism
every big corporate logo should have a little jew nose on the side next to the trademark symbol

>apple still exists
holy shit wtf o_o

I hope not. Driverless cars have genuine potential.

What does this mean for Marvel capeshit?

That's a good one, user. Really, quite astute. But I must ask you something. Why do this to a shitposter? I am under no illusions about my status. I tried hard to meme there, and what do you do with my time? Berate me. Mock me for being unfamiliar with the fees of people considered more traditionally unhandsome. Well no longer. What you did there, was a typically luckyboy action. Envious of my success, you attempted to bring me down so, in a relative sense, you could feel like you were climbing the viral ladder. You hurt me, so you could feel like someone. But I won't allow it.
Moot? CIA? Bill Murray? Those guys don't like being judged solely for their memes anymore than I do. So, we will work together. We will cut your IP from existence, blacklist you not just in Sup Forums but in every board on the chan.
I'm sorry, FAGGOT. But you are about to find out why Hurricanes are named after people.

I just wait for the autist to break it down for me, thank you

it gets even worse, somehow.

Look at fucking Orwell here

>monetary value and influence are the same thing

you people are retarded

>The Disney production back catalogue of films and TV shows is legendary. Literally hundreds of thousands of hours of content, film, TV, music, books, comics, games and shit you can't even imagine is sitting in Disneys vaults.

Yet the company is losing money.

All characters will have iGear

unironically, it really makes you think

>New York times
>notable
kek

Public companies routinely crash their stock so they can cheapen a buyback for control

Then they can become profitable again and watch their shares increase in value

HTH

Can't wait for Apple's buyout of Microsoft too

Super corporation(s) truly are the future

The point is that Disney have so much shit that somewhere in their collection is something you want and if they have it locked down to their platform only then eventually you will have to use them to get it(or a high enough percentage of people who want it will).
It is like Steam games, I know a ton of people with old games on Steam who've never played them or even downloaded and installed them. But they loved them when they were younger and grabbed them on sale/got gifted them, now Valve have made a few dollars from basically doing nothing and these people have a game they're never going to play but they have the potential to play them forever.

They haven't got a good platform to sell their old content right now. They're stuck in the traditional market model, so they think DVDs, broadcast media and Cinema are their main options.

You sound like a jew from another, disney-hating jewdom. Who are you, my hebrish associate?

So will this mean all Disney content including Marvel's capeflicks will only be available on Apple's new Movie streaming service exclusively on iDevices?

Good.

Quarantine that shit.

Microsoft is worth more than apple.

Nope

Apple is worth about $200 billion more than Microsoft.

>they already own a fair amount through pixar.
That was Steve Jobs. His wife owns his Disney stock now.

I hope they do it right after Disney buys DC.