Someone please explain to me how this is considered a sport. Why is it in the olympics?

Someone please explain to me how this is considered a sport. Why is it in the olympics?

Skating is hard. I have to use the cone when I skate to keep balance

If it's a sport then so is professional wrestling.

cooking is hard too. is that a sport?

why don't they put a horse on those?

>grug no like bone skating, grug like big jumpy-jumpy.

If you are on skates it is

not him, i actually like figure skating. Americans are pretty good at figure skating and it has good ratings

yes

remove all judged sports

> For Americans doing all sorts of flips and shit is impressing on a snowboard
> But its not on ice skates

Jesus can North Korea just nuke your dumb ass country already?

I'm not saying it's not impressive, but how is it a sport? Just like diving, how the fuck is making a small splash a sport?

for the last fucking time you dumb mutt, it's called the Olympic GAMES, not the olympic SPORTS, there is no rule saying a competition has to be a SPORT.

challenge pissing coming 2022

esports btfo

The entire point is to not make a splash you stupid nigger

Figure skating is the sport that makes the winter olympics relevant.

Same as snowboard acrobatics, tv channels (mostly US) pay billions to broadcast that, the Olympic committee loves money, so it's a"sport".

are you skating and doing jumps and spins while you cook, you fucking fat ass

Gimme the medals

Requires more athleticism than baseball tbqh
and many other olympic sports

Who said it was a sport? It's called the Olympic Games not the Olympic Sports. Tons of things require impressive skill with little to no physical effort - see curling, golf, shooting, etc.

Although I could never bring myself to go pro in an event that is so subjective to judges scores.

It's athletic.

>figure skating and diving
>little or no physical effort

more of a sport than hockey

Cause it requires insane athleticism, balance strength, and trust in your partner you fucking incel

Nope. Pro wrestling is fake and predetermined. It's not a sport.

Gotta attract that female audience

>implying you can even stay up on skates

>figure skating
>not a sport

explain how snowboarding is a sport

> hating on based slut slide

it isn't. most olympic events aren't sports at all, they're hobbies with competition thrown on there
the only real sports are curling, basketball, soccer, and the close combat sports. rest should be moved to

> and the close combat sports

>judges
>sport

OP is fat ass that’s never skated in anything more than a straight line.

>It's called the Olympic Games not the Olympic Sports
The word "game" originally refers to the period where the sport contests take place, not to the contests themselves, like "festival" doesn't mean it's just about partying.
The Olympic Games are eminently about body performance, and even the modern Olympic motto "Citius, Altius, Fortius" (faster, higher, stronger) is clear on that matter.

How is dancing a game? Who wins such game? It's just an exhibition of dancing/skating skills

thanks for posting a pic of a prototypical slav?

>boxing

I really hate "sports" where the result depends on a judge's verdict rather than some objective statistic. Completely arbitrary shit.

see

Yes boxing suffers from the same shit unless there's a KO. Which is why boxing is one of the most corrupt sports on the planet.

>Olympic medals in Architecture, Writing, Photography and Sculpture etc. were awarded as late as 1948
>two men in history have won medals for both their sporting and artistic ability

The Olympics have never just been about autistically proving who is #1.

>olympic figure skating on
>watch a bunch of petite white/asian girls do their routines
>pretty good looking for 3dpd
>here comes the french lady
>negress looks like halfway between leslie jones and kevin durant
>big tits and ass
>about to start skating
>music is fucking beyonce
>sticks her arms out before she goes for a jump
>she's got the wingspan of a fucking albatross
>absolutely nothing graceful about any of this
>jumps and spins around
>then eats shit

instruments are hard but music isn't a sport

did she get a gold medal?

is this a joke? baseball is one of the most athletic sports there is

>is this a joke? baseball is one of the most athletic sports there is
nigga what?

>luck swing
>athletic
maybe to wypipo but basketball and football are much more demanding athletically

baseball requires like everything. insane speed, strength, and coordination. good luck doing a pitcher's workout, 6 hours of hell in the weight room like 5days/week in the offseason.

>basketball
>demanding athletically
literally just jogging up and down a court

no but ur mom is doing that on my cock lmao

Meet Sup Forums's handy guide of "is it a wport?"

Dancing is not a game nor a sport, it's an art. I was just saying that Olympic Games is not about games, the name is confusing.

I trust what a Frenchman says about art.

Those brutes just can't comprehend the beauty of white and asian girls dancing and instead need to see Niggers beat each other up for entertainment

So Chess is not a sport? Bullshit

Tradition mostly. Figure skating used to be really popular a hundred years ago. Whenever someone suggests taking out a long standing discipline, there's an uproar.

>used to be really popular
It still is.

Not compared to back then. Sure, there are still people who value it, in certain countries especially. But it used to be that "everyone" knew the great performers. If you were to ask50 random people to name one figure skater today, under the threat of death, you're unlikely to get a response.

I watched that, top tier comedy

>france

It's exactly the same as snowboard halfpipe etc, a 'sport' judged by aesthetics.

If you go on YouTube there's plenty of videos of performances in recent years with millions of views. It's not some hugely popular mainstream sport but it's got an audience for sure.