Was the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s like Black Lives Matter where there wasn't actually racism...

Was the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s like Black Lives Matter where there wasn't actually racism, just people protesting and crying racism that isnt there, or was there actual racism back then?

excellent b8

Do you not have history lessons at school?

I'm sure your country teaches that shit.

But there WAS actual racism in the 1960's
Black people actually got killed for no justifiable reason and were segregated from the rest of society

That really makes me think

No there was actual widespread racism ingrained in society. Black people had to use shitty separate facilities and couldn't go in certain restaurants. We've come a long way...but apparently nobody thinks so anymore.

Martin Luther Kang actually called blacks out on crime. There's a speech he did where he said blacks in St. Louis were responsible for 56% of the crime. No modern black "leader" would ever say that. Modern black activism is derived from street gangs and shit. BLM is literally led by rapists, crack dealers, and murderers

Don't pretend that that doesn't happen by economic reasons now. Also, bad policing hurts white people too.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure.

The amount of overblown outcry for the smallest of non-issues is making me doubt some of the older stories.

Yes, there was, without a doubt, undeniable systemic racism in the 1960s. Whether niggers deserved it or not is up for debate, but in some areas of the South they were segregated, mistreated, and if you were a cop, you could literally kill niggers with no consequences. I mean, literally no consequences, no media coverage, no investigation, no trial by public opinion. Just "lol stupid nigger."

But that was then. Real, honest-to-God racists that think niggers are the scum of the Earth and don't even deserve to live on the same planet as whites are very rare these days.

Black Lives Matter is the result of a bunch of middle-class black kids who got to grow up in the world that their parents and grandparents fought for. But they want to be just like their grandma and grandpa, who marched on Selma and Washington, so they go out and they make a fucking issue where there isn't one anymore.

>Americans don't even know the history of their own country

>Be black in the 1960's
>Protest to having voting rights
>Get killed by KKK

>Be black in 2010's
>Commit crime
>Get shot by police

It's not that hard user

The amount of racism has and never will change, segregation kept everyone seperate and relatively calm and happy. But I wouldn't be suprised if shit was overblown just to push a politcal narrative. Lynchings happened, but it was a common punishment for rape and other crimes, not just reserved for blacks.

>relying on "history"

>Real, honest-to-God racists that think niggers are the scum of the Earth and don't even deserve to live on the same planet as whites are very rare these days.
but what about Sup Forums or the alt right? We're pretty popular and we hate blacks with a passion

But seriously mate, (((history books))) are going to say some wild shit about what is going on right now in america, I guarantee you they will paint everyone who doesn't agree with the BLM movement as violent racists. What's to say it wasn't the same for 1960s era (((history books)))?

Much like feminism, nigger rights movement got what it was fighting for, went away for awhile and when it came back it was staffed by newer younger people who grew up with the rights and freedoms thier parents got them but now that's not good enough for them and they want more, so like the retards they are they cant see how good they have it (free food, free money, free houses, free cars, free phones, job hiring priority, ) and instead they focus on small trival issues because they've got nothing else to dob classic western decadence

No, there was terrible racism back than. They also had adults running the civil rights movement. Not a bunch of dipshit twenty something race class and gender majors who've never had a real job.

>Literal segregation
>Current year
Shut up faggot

And most of us started off not minding niggers, it's the shit they do that causes us to fucking hate them. When I was little all I could think of was how terrible slavery was, now I think ending it was a fucking mistake

And we, like SJWs, make up a very vocal minority that punches far above their weight in the political scheme of things.

I'd say it wasn't so much that it was ended, but the way it was suddenly ended and the former slaves just dumped out into the world.

It was somewhat justifiable the way niggers were treated. The weak should always know their place and niggers are weak

Welcome to reality, we gave them 3 acres and a mule and offered them to go back, now that shitshow is named Liberia

Honestly i always thought of it. What if 50 years from now in the history books they portray BLM as heroes fighting against oppression? Did they do the same with the civil rights movement?

There was real racism back then.
Even in areas where there weren't' any jim crow or sundown laws.
Real estate was advertised by race.
My dad worked for a company that had separate white and black picnics.

....but yeah, I question how real all the events of that era were portrayed by the media

Something happened that made me question the poster children of civil rights.

It was different in the 60s, there was real racism.

Today stupid fucking niggers confuse a class divide with racism, just because blacks are on average poorer than whites. The ironic thing is that BLM could have been a movement to fix the massive violence problem within the black community, but instead they went along with the m-muh racism narrative of the MSM.

This. Racism used to be a real thing.

What if it was all exaggerated lies that weve been fed througu school
Do you guys ever wonder what theyll teach our grandkids about blm or innocent baby boy trayvon? Think they might make him out to be like emit till

60s civil rights activists:
>hey whites, end segregation laws please
>hey blacks, stop committing so much crime so we can have a good place in society once segregation laws are repealed

BLM:
>gibsmedat
>gibsmemo

Yes there was Very Much racism.

White and Colored everything - bathrooms, clinics, schools. White people would beat the living shit out of them and even shoot em if they didnt observe the differences. And the colored equivalent of facilities was always like Native American tier poorhouse broken shit.

Black dude fuck a white girl - next evening 5 white guys would drag his ass behind a car till he was dead, or shoot him, burn him, lynch him. Doesn't even make it to jail. Fight back and they'd certainly get put away for 20 years.

There seems to have been alot of the equivalent of that California University protest where the cop just sprayed em all down with burning red shit.

But back in civil rights days it was alot worse. They used firehoses and even shot people. But they just got right back up and kept doing what they "wasnt supposed to do".

Massive riots everywhere, enough to do more than just shut down traffic, was enough to even shut down the functioning of a town.

I dont know what happened next, my details are sorta fuzzy from history class. But id guess thats when laws got passed.

Though that didnt help much because for the next 20 years after that it was more like people only observed those laws if they wasnt gonna catch hell for it. And for black women - add another 20 years.

But user someone somewhere still does not like black people so they have to protest and make an issue until all white people are kissing their sorry asses.

(((History)))
I don't know what education is like in almost sideways Germany but it can't be that different

>Real, honest-to-God racists that think niggers are the scum of the Earth and don't even deserve to live on the same planet as whites are very rare these days.

If black assholes want to keep pushing I am almost there.

The BLM movement is a fucking disgrace. They have no leader, even if their leaders dont face substantiated death threats like MLK got constantly (which, if youll remember, ended him)

Because they have no central leadership, like most of this new-age leaderless movement bullshit, it's ended up like islam: There are countless sects and nobody can speak on behalf of the other.

Most importantly, nobody is teaching these kids how to have a NONVIOLENT protest. A lot of this BLM shit is causing looting. Yeah, it gets peoples attention but it makes them look like a bunch of unruly street thugs just there to take some shit.

Used to be that when you march on the street they would throw rocks at you, and you would calmly keep marching to show your resolve.

Now if someone throws a rock they chimp the fuck out and start breaking windows.

Fucking shameful display.

>disregarding history

No there was widespread discrimination and whites back then were openly anti black. They didn't have to fake racism because there was actually a lot of hate amongst the races

Lets put it this way. The Pentagon has a whole bunch of bathrooms, like in that massive building you really dont gotta walk far to get to the toilet.

Reason was even in that establishment they had to observe separate but equal, they had White bathrooms and Colored bathrooms. After all that was struck down... they just had twice as many bathrooms.

Still true to this day.

BLM is doing its damndest to turn me into a "Real, honest-to-god racist"

I used to have black friends. Now I actively keep all my circles 100% white. I started doing this after the Ferguson riots.

Correct.

Black people segregated themselves, and cities merely recognized that natural segregation.

Then White liberals didn't like the enclaves it created and blamed themselves.

Black people saw this as a was get money for dem programs, bused to better schools, and rallied.

It was all about getting money and preferential treatment.

That's all it ever was about. And still is about.

The end.

WE ALL LEADERS CRACKER DAME AS WE ALL ROYALTY

WE FACE DEATH THREATS EVERYBDAY FUCKER REAL TALK SO DONT U BE SAYING WE NOT INDER THREAT

Best answer.

What I heard was the nazi party first buddied up with the Gays and Blacks in germany and had them... the brown shirts... go around harassing and rounding up the Jews.

Then when their usefulness came to a close... they turned on them too and the SS put them in the cattle car as well.

Also I dont give a rats ass if people think the holocaust didnt happen. For whatever ones they didnt put in a concentration camp, they lined up the rest and shot them with MP40s and buried them in mass graves.

Maybe didnt burn them or gas them but does the means really matter?

Also slave-labor-till-you-die was a real thing too. Thats how they were cranking out so much shit, especially V2 Rockets and Rifles. When you couldnt work anymore, you got gunned.

Now you're starting to understand. Just an excuse for the feds to infringe on property rights and get black votes for gibs.

OP never read "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Smart. Remember the most dangerous word isn't nigger, it's friend.

Oprah and other Libtards have already made that comparison. As a black person myself, that makes me rage...

He's right

>we
Speak for yourself. I don't hate blacks I just want them to stay with their own kind and stop committing crimes.

Those were just safe spaces user.

kek

This is genuinely happening and its fantastic.

>fuck, if they cry this much over this, what was all that marching over......

Prejudice and segregation were certainly real. Opportunities were also far more restricted.
The Nation of Islam, however ridiculous they were, had a great impact on the black community. They built a self-determined economy and peaceful community for black Muslims.
Malcolm X used to be a criminal shithead prior to joining the NOI, George Lincoln Rockwell said that it could turn a nigger into a respectable black man.

Opportunities today are far more open for black people than ever before, but there isn't enough focus on that. People today love to play victim and be given thing to them instead of working for it. That's the result of a 'liberal' ideology over determination.
BLM would rather protest the deaths of a few scumbags rather than go out, get jobs and build a better black community by themselves.

>Taking anything you're taught in a 100% propagandized curriculum at total face value
>Ever

We're talking about an education system that teaches essentially nothing about WWII outside of a months worth of Holocaust propaganda and then we nuked Japan and America won the war forever BUT 600 TRILLION JEWS WERE STILL KILLED BY HITLER DONT YOU DARE FORGET IT
I wouldn't expect much of anything in a public school history to be accurate to real life events or to delve any deeper than is necessary to propagandize said events to fit the agenda of the ((Department of Education)).

>What I heard was the nazi party first buddied up with the Gays and Blacks in germany and had them... the brown shirts... go around harassing and rounding up the Jews.
I never heard that. Ernst Röhm was a known closet gay but he was killed for questioning Hitler. And that's as far as I can recall any known gay nazis. Blacks were so few that nobody even cared about them, but they were put into labour camps just like whites, if they failed to find a job.