Psychiatric Nurse here, ask me anything

Psychiatric Nurse here, ask me anything

Attached: t.jpg (450x337, 63K)

Why do you faggots act so mean to the people that are there for serious mental issues?

To protect our licenses, to establishment safety for that patient and that of the milieu.

scientologists are right about you, fucking scum vermin

Do you sometimes have to use psychological manipulation on any patients for a certain outcome?

I actually have no idea what Scientologists say about us, honestly.

where do you actually work? all of the psychiatric institutions in my state have been closed down.

L.Ron Hubbard had a lifelong hate boner for psychiatrists, because they always saw through the bullshit he tried to pull to get out of military service. he was worse than Commander Bonespurs in that respect.

You are doing a job that will never get you any proper kudos.
I hope you are getting paid well.
Keep it up.

In acute psych, a lot of state hospitals, everywhere are closing down. It's considered a 'crisis' center.

have you accepted that you are also a patient?

For the aspect of DnA, yes, however I am just self medicating and don't need to go Inpatient or outpatient, yet.

It really depends on the situation, but manipulation is a game used by everybody, I'd rather give a patient pills PO (Orally) than by IM, so if I have to sit and nod along their delusions to gain a good rapport for them to take their scheduled medications, then by all means, I will.

have you come to terms with the fact that everything you practice is pseudoscience

Thats Psychology, not psychiatry.

do you realize that the rate of misdiagnosis of bipolar disorder is around %70 percent? psychiatry is nonsense. Maybe I'm just biased because I was put onto medication that I didn't need that resulted in my going into full blown psychosis and becoming homeless.

What's it like to get paid 40$ an hour to sit on ur ass and ask crack heads how they're day went?

Honestly, I haven't witnessed a misdiagnosis of bipolar disorder in my time working, everytime my provider diagnoses a patient as that, it's usually when they're suffering through a very manic episode. My biggest problem with psychiatry is how much of a blanket diagnoses schizoaffective disorder is.
When my unit is full of people wanting to get off the streets, it's pretty fucking awesome because thats when my job is easy

I'm not crazy but my thoughts are poisoned with the knowledge that life is fruitless and mountains of effort are lost in a vast sea of struggle across the world, so it doesn't really matter if and when it ends.

That statement would be grounds for involutnarily emitting you.

and that's exactly why no one wants your "help"

Some people get my help voluntarily, though. However, it's usually strong armed. If you don't get my help voluntarily, thats when you're commited to us involuntarily.

It's not your fault though, plague doctors were also practicing the best medicine of their time and thought they were helping people.

I get really anxious on all drugs now, even drinking. I usually stick to weed and alcohol and that's all I've done since last year. I don't do them too often now but when I do I get so anxious I please wherever I'm at to go home. Is this normal? Am I just at a point where I've realized and my brain too that drugs are just retarded?

judging from your inability to spell, I'm going to guess you're not a psychiatric nurse

Why do they inject Haldol or whatever booty juice is in the ass cheek? I was in a psych hospital a few years back, when I was 15, and I never got an answer. Why the ass, specifically?

user poster here. I misspelled "leave wherever".

Peddling the latest and greatest poison to come out of America's big pharma sector. "Help" has a tone of benevolence that your strong-arming doesn't lend itself to. People come to you seeking help, you get them to open up, then you use their vulnerabilities against them. You're the definition of predators.

Nice trips, though, I know that there is a need. 'spell' I used the wrong word, since I am drunk. However, think what you will, that is on you. I meant comitting
We use the arm in my facility due to not wanting to deal with the repercussions of a Sexual assault suit, however the buttox is filled with a lot of veins. It's the same reason why people will bump illegal drugs up their ass. It will hit their bloodstream faster.
Latest poison being decades old, thats fine. We don't solve peoples problems, we get them in the right state of mind and social workers get them on track with aftercare.

Why doesn't anything fucking work? I've tried and I've tried and I've fucking tried and I can't fucking seem to escape this fucking despair. I'm uh..... infamous, a victim of gangstalking and gaslighting and I can not, for the life of me, put my shit back together. Everyone I know, everyone, down to my dying fucking grandma seems convinced that I am literal hitler, beyond saving and beyond all help. The fuck is even wrong with me, man? I've been to see psych docs and they have prescribed a bunch of shit, none of which remotely worked at all.
The fuck do I even do with this shit man

I can't honestly say anything to help you user, except go to your local E.R and get put into Inpatient care. Gangstalking isn't real, however, gaslighting is, it's a manipulation tactic. If all is hopeless, go seek help, your family is supporting you, you just don't know it.

Oh, that makes sense. Why don't, like, most psychiatric units do it through the arm if sexual assault suits happen 'cause of booty juicings? Like, especially in adolescent wards, even if a patient is fucked up, it's generally not a good look for an adult to pull down a patients pants while restraining them.

I've already been to Inpatient, that's where the nothing drugs come in.
You may say that gangstalking isn't real, but when motherfuckers you have never seen walk up to harass you, spouting intimate fucking details about your life become a common happenstance, I'mma have to say that yeah, that shit is real.
My family seems to think that it is my fault that I am this way, that I want to throw my life away.
Heckin, I can't even get straight reassurance from them as to whether or not this shit is real, let alone a bit of guidance or rest.

I've seen plenty of families that really *aren't* supportive at all. Don't just assume the water of the womb is thicker than blood.

It's probably due to ill education. I did my clinical's in adolescent units, for the most part and the way they are treated is rough. The younger adult population is even rough, however abuse isn't the issue, it's just treating adults like children.

Like I said, gangstalking isn't real, it's all a delusion, like you said, you can't even trust your family at the moment. You must go inpatient, because these "nothing" drugs, they will have them on record and the medication which isn't on file, will be used to help you. I hope your success, user.

You don't solve problems. You tax the hell out of people, not all of whom even need to be there. Maybe some people are batshit crazy and need a place to calm down but there aren't enough of those so you pray on the ones who are insecure seeking help and guidance. I've been on the receiving end of a leading line of questioning and know people who were involuntarily committed over nothing more than filling vacant rooms.

Of course, however when a patient is in crisis, they might not think their family is there for them, however, they are. Every situation is different.

Stay strong user, families are just human, and people in our society are conditioned to be afraid of mental illness and most things they don't understand. It's okay not to know why everything is happening, but don't just assume you're "crazy."

Keep your eyes and ears open, keep records, record audio, take pictures. The truth is more powerful when you have proof. And when nobody can deny what you see, they'll be forced to open their eyes too.

Do you have suggestions for figuring out your own issues, specifically self-evaluation and reliable external evaluation? I don't participate in therapy and nobody taught me shit about mental health when I became an adult.

Don't self-diagnose. It's harmful. Seek professional help.

There are some people who don't need to be there, however a good majority do.

Look at your behavior over time. Keep a journal and document what you do and say during your day, what you think, how people act and speak towards you. Try to find patterns of cause and effect.

Most of what we are is what we do and say, so if we know what we're doing and saying, and what others are doing and saying to us, we can paint a clearer picture of who we are and why we're doing and saying things.

If psychiatry wasn't a pseudoscience, then you wouldn't be able to walk into a shrinks office and lie to get drugs, but I've witnessed people doing it.

Psychiatry has destroyed my life. It has fucked up my brain and my body in ways I've never imagined possible.