1. Your native language

1. Your native language.
2. Do you support English-language spelling reform?

>English
>Yes

I don't know which reform proposal I support but English needs to be MUCH more phonetic. SR1 seems good.

>Draw a breth for progress,
>Tred abrest ahed.
>Fight agenst old spelling,
>Better "red" than "read".
>Spred the words at brekfast,
>Mesure them in bed,
>Dream of welth and tresure,
>Better "ded" than "dead".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-language_spelling_reform#Spelling_reform_proposals

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_accent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpel-Fonetik_Method_of_Writing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck no

no, don't touch english.

gjör engelsk norrönt igjen!

How's aboot we compromise and just pick one country's English?

No. All Englishes are retarded.

Yes! Fucking hell, for the love of god, how can a language be so utterly retarded when it comes to spelling?

Japonais
Yes
Do you know how troublesome it is to remember how to pronunce, along with spelling?
LEarn from Deutsch

French influence

1. Southern
2. Yes

English would be great with diacritics and added letters like the 'thorn' in Icelandic.

Yep. Look up 'Anglish'. I wish this was a thing. French ruined the English language after 1066.

G'luck trying to get future generations to read Shakespeare and Chaucer. It'll be a completely other language to them trying to read it, rather than an earlier form.
And just whose accent are we anglo-glots to base this reform'd English upon, the Hewm Caünteez, Oo-strey-ya (?)
Fuck no! The current orthography may make little sense to present–day's speakers, but I'm entrusting a bunch of empower'd linguo-crats whom nobody of citizenries elected about as far as I can throw them.

Spelling is there FOR a reason. You may not know it, but the spelling of a word tells you it's origin, meaning you can understand nuances you otherwise could not.
Changing spelling would make etimology a hell and scientific vocabulary would not make any damn sense.
Just learn to write the damn language and be done with it. Besides, English has pronuntiations not existent in the Latin alphabet, what do you do about those? Sometimes "a" is pronounced differently event though are looking for a phonetic system?

Rather ironic, coming from a country which has absolutely fucking butchered the English language.

Blame our niggers for that.

>G'luck trying to get future generations to read Shakespeare and Chaucer. It'll be a completely other language to them trying to read it, rather than an earlier form.
No. Shakespeare would still be completely understandable since he wrote in modern English, only the spelling would be standardised (just as his name has changed spelling but is still the same name). Chaucer wrote in middle English that already can be difficult for modern speakers because it isn't simply a matter of spelling.

>Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
>>(When Zephyrus too with his sweet breath)
>So priketh hem Nature in hir corages
>>(So pricks them Nature in their hearts)

>And just whose accent are we anglo-glots to base this reform'd English upon
It doesn't really matter because any accent would be natively readable/writable with trivial effort by any English speaker. If you must have an answer:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_accent

>it's origin
Trivial/pointless information that can usually be inferred regardless of spelling anyway.

>Sometimes "a" is pronounced differently event though are looking for a phonetic system?
Doesn't matter what the exact way is, as long as there is a way to represent the different sounds.

Who are you and why do you always show up when someone talks about English? You are very obsessed.
I thought about writing a paragraph about rhotic accents and how British English has nearly lost the subjunctive tense, but it's not worth it on you tbqh.

>origin of a word doesn't matter
An anglo making this retarded statement, like clockwork.

>"LEarn from Deutsch"
>from Deutsch
"tsch" when slavs can do it in one: č/ч
>o → ue
>doth not pronounce /h/
>utterly hacks Hellenic loanwords into nothing worthy above a cesspit
also, notice how "Xeres" became "Jerez".

It doesn't.

e.g. English speakers understand the difference between 'murder' and 'assassinate' without knowing which region of Europe the word originated from.

>Muh Anglos muhh Anglos le Anglooooooooooooos
Please just shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about

Hi English teacher. I see you're enjoying Japan life. Good.

haha YAS QUEEN fuck Amerikkka

>Spanish
>No, i don't support butchering the history and aesthetics of a language for the sake of some very marginal advantage in teaching retards.

1.English
2.No, and I'll send you, little dipshit, and all other cock gobblers who come up with such stupid ideas to gulag when I come to power. Fuck you. I hope you will die in your sleep tonight, you nigger faggot. Get ass cancer you stupid cunt

>1. Your native language.
Hungarian
>2. Do you support English-language spelling reform?
Of course! We reformed our own language back in 1848, and it was a wild success, it completely revitalized the language. Basically they asked everyone to send in suggestions, they also made some folk words mainstream if it was useful, they simplified spelling until our language became phonetic among other things.
We are using tons of words that were "invented" back then.
Actually, not even invented, as you guys may know, we have an agglutinative language. So, there are word roots, that can be combined to create new meaning. It's like a jigsaw that can grow bigger.

yes. I prife dis speiling ove de ritaded aneiseseiri confiusing letes

Just abolish English and use Esperanto all together.

>evolution is the same as artificial spelling changes
Retard.
>lack hellenic words
Are you stupid? Yes, yes you are.

Wow, this is amazing.

>It was on the först dei of the nuu jiir thät the ännaunsment was meid, olmoust saimulteiniosli from thri obsöörvatoris, thät the moushon of the plänet Neptuun, the autermoust of ool the plänets thät wiil öbaut the san, häd bikam veri errätik. Ö retardeishon in its velossiti häd biin saspekted in Disember. Then ö feint, rimout spek of lait was diskaverd in the riidshon of the pörtöörbd plänet. At föörst this did not koos eni greit eksaitment. Saientifik piipl, hauever, faund the intelidshens rimaarkabl inaf iiven bifor it bikeim noun thät the nuu bodi was räpidli grouing laardsher änd braiter, änd thät its moushon was kwait different from the orderli progres of the plänets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpel-Fonetik_Method_of_Writing