Hi everyone, a Buddhist here! AMA!

Hi everyone, a Buddhist here! AMA!

Attached: 7C48921C-3392-4A6E-8D85-8DBB8B56AD0C.jpg (290x174, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists#Pushyamitra_Shunga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists#Persecution_by_Hindus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mahayana or Theravada?

Mahayana, but still hold reverence for the Theravada path!

It has no meaning.

Cool! Do you think that the Buddha believed in a creator God or that he was an atheist?

peace

I hope this doesn’t come off as a ramble...

It’s quite difficult to say how the Buddha saw the world, bit my guess is that he probably thought it was irrelevant. Remember that the Buddha was raised in an environment where Hinduism was the predominant religion, and Hinduism teaches about the existence of many Gods.
I don’t believe the Buddha was an atheist, and i’ll explain my reasoning. Atheism came mostly from Western thought as an opposition to Christianity. It prioritizes rationalization over everything else, while firmly denying the existence of a God, or any divine beings. This mode of thinking isn’t common in the east. In Japan and Korea for example there are many people who are non-religious, but they still pray to ancestors and spirits, and believe in a divine reality. Spirituality is woven into their culture whether they realize it or not, and they aren’t really atheist.

In Buddhism we still revere divine beings such as past Buddhas and protector spirits; some may consider them gods. In fact, I even read in a scripture once about a concept of all divine existence as a single entity, very similar to how Judeo-Christian religions see a singular God. Perhaps it’s all the same, but a different way of understanding...

So personally, I don’t believe the Buddha was an atheist, I believe he acknowledged several divine deities while seeing humanities need to take responsibility for our own existence.

Love from your Christian brothers, and peace, goodwill toward men.

Peace back at ya!

Thank you! Love and blessings to you guys too, I have nothing but the highest regards for the Christians of this world

The respect is mutual

I have always thought Buddism is a better psychology (understanding the workings of the human mind) than a religion (a belief or worship of a 'higher power'). What say you?

Attached: 5GMkRZa.jpg (550x825, 126K)

Thoughts on Confucianism? Daoism?

I would say it’s both, and the beautiful thing about Buddhism is you can take whatever you want from it, and you will benefit! Focus on whichever aspect makes you a better person and helps you practice love and compassion towards others.

Thanks!

Free tibet

Ass or boobs

I have tremendous respect for both teachings and find they compliment Buddhism very well. Confucianism teaches us to respect our ancestors and elders, and hold wisdom in high regard, and Damian teaches us to go with the flow and respect the nature of existence! Can’t disagree with any of that! :)

lmao much love to the old world, from the present, but i do want to make clear that because of your inaction in pursuit of individual nirvana, your forcing humanity to endure indefinite suffering....

Ok, interesting but it was kind of a trick question.
For one about Atheism, did you know that the Western school of Scepticism was founded after Pyrrrho of Alexandria went to India with Alexander the Great and had talks with whom he called gymnosophists?
So, the West was influenced by the East.

Secondly, there's a story about the Buddha in which he was asked by a monk if he believed in a creator God and he responded with that the only thing he knew was that he once heard a story about an entity in the realm of the devas and that he was so isolated from the rest that he believed that he created the world he was living in.

My opinion is that the belief in reincarnation does not exclude one from being an atheist.
The devas in Buddhism are spiritual entities, while the Hanuman and Krishna in hinduism clearly are gods and half-gods.
And atheism really only means that you deny the existence of gods. Spirits and the such are not included, though most atheists don't believe in them.

The universal Brahman, the shared conscience of all is a concept that is taken from Hinduism.
Hinduism also has the individual Brahman, which is our personal conscience.
Though, the Buddha did say that the ego or the self does not exist.

What you're incorrect in is that say that this shared conscience and the Christian God are equal.
This can't be, because the Christian god is an entity in and of itself.

Maybe you can correct me on some points, I'm open to new information because I'm not an expert on the subject, just someone who enjoys religions and philosophy.

no

>hurr durr me want to achieve enlightenment
The very fact YOU want to achieve a higher state of consciousness is a contradiction of your entire religion. True enlightenment is suicide. That's your nirvana faggot; there's your eternal sleep. Or you could join the rest of the party and do a bunch of drugs until you die from a disease or OD. Up to you I guess. But at least stop with the pretentious holier-than-thou faggotry.

Agreed!

Haha both, can’t pick one over the other :P

Ah, I definitely believe in taking action! Even the Dalai Lama said “meditation is good, prayer is good, but action is better.” I Think the Buddhists who believe not doing anything is the path to enlightenment have interpreted the dharma incorrectly.

Why strive for perfection when you can shit on others for it on Sup Forums, right?

Not him, but did you know that when Buddhism was gaining popularity from Hinduism that the Hindu's (India was ruled by Hindu kings and Buddhists were creating their own Sangas/communities) that the Hindu caste persecuted them and spread propaganda in which they called the Buddhists thieves and leechers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists#Pushyamitra_Shunga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists#Persecution_by_Hindus

excellent, so then what is your qualification for right action

>when you can shit on others for it on Sup Forums
Wrong.
>Why strive for perfection
Right. Fuck being perfect. Just enjoy being alive and doing whatever the fuck you want, including shitposting on 4chingz

dont quote wikipedia at people like that its tacky

>that he was so isolated from the rest that he believed that he created the world he was living in
It was heavily implied that the Buddha thought that the deity in the deva realm was conceited/delusional for having those thoughts btw

This man got his shit sorted out.

Attached: 1546591614481.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Do Buddhists worship a "higher power"? What happened to "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him"?

Those were my own words. I'm simply adding a source where you can find more information on the subject so you don't have to look for those yourself. And really, sources should always be added, it's not tacky but a time saver.

Ah okay, sorry I’m not totally well-versed on this subject. This is just how I interpret for my own understanding. I think everyone interprets things in a way that helps them.

I don’t believe I’m holier than anyone. enlightenment isn’t about leaving the world, it’s about being better equipped to deal with it’s reality. At least that’s how I see it...

Hmmm I believe you have to have a clear mind, and act from a place of love and compassion. To put it simply, when you act from a place of genuine love you are right. But you have to be mindful to know when you’re not motivated by egotistical or negative desires

Buddhists essentially believe all of existence is divine, but it’s our ignorance which keeps us from seeing it truly. You could say we see everything as connected by a higher power.

In addition, we also hold reverence for Buddhas, bodhisattvas, and other protector spirits.

But it really depends on the type of Buddhist you are, some people don’t believe acknowledging a higher power is relevant, and that’s okay!

assuming ignorance of those within your sphere, also, excellent.
well said, i hope your sequence is beautiful and you are allowed release when you are fully realized

Sorry I forgot to answer your other question. The phrase “if you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha” is a Zen phrase basically meaning don’t cling to idolization or expectations, because those distract you from seeing the nature of reality. If you idolize Buddha and rely on some outer power, you’re hindering your own path. I don’t know if this makes any sense...

Thanks! I hope all beings to be fully realized

>At least that’s how I see it
That isn't buddhism dipshit. Religion isn't what you make it, that's called an opinion. And fuck your opinion, faggot.

>Ah okay, sorry
Hey, no need to apologize there bud. It's just that I'm currently writing a paper in which I try to explain two things:
1. That the West was influenced by the East. Did you know that we've found Buddhist graves in Egypt and that they were most likely responsible for the monastic tradition in Catholicism?
2. That Buddhism was intended as a push against the Hinduism and its caste system (you might have heard about it and the horrors it caused to the locals/lower castes). I have once read that the Buddha himself said that with Buddhism, he wanted to go back to the times before Hinduism but I don't know if this is a real quote or that someone added it later.
IMO, that he wanted to escape the cycle of rebirth seems like a clear indication to me, because it would take countless lifes to move up a caste, but someone born Brahmin would be reincarnated as a Brahmin causing the suffering to continue in the next life.

Have you ever heard or read something similar?

I’m thinking about becoming a Buddhist. Have scheduled a visit to my local temple (it’s not very big, actually in a commercial building near my house). Any tips?

Stop sniffing your own farts you fucking faggot.

>assuming ignorance of those within your sphere
Yes, because helping people to save time is now a bad thing.
Ok, boomer

Religion is definitely what you make it, because everyone has their own interpretations, and they practice based on what they perceive. For example, you and I seem to perceive Buddhism differently, that doesn’t Mean either of us are right, it’s just what’s true for us.

So when will I die

All lyies

No it isn't. Religion is a collective BELIEF from at least 50,000 people.
>For example, you and I seem to perceive Buddhism differently, that doesn’t Mean either of us are right
I'm right, you're wrong. Opinions can be right and wrong, but religions are based on beliefs, not opinions. Learn the difference.

I didn’t know about the first point, that’s very interesting!!

The second point, I knew about that to an extent but maybe not in that much detail. Much of my family is Hindu actually, so I’m quite familiar with the caste system. Many people who are drawn to Buddhism are disillusioned with the caste system, as it seems to do more harm than good.

I hope your paper is awesome!

Yes! Contemplate the teachings, and see if your heart agrees with everything. Don’t feel you need to blindly accept everything as truth. And if it works for you, great keep doing it! Also visit several temples to see which teaching style works for you. Good luck!

Most modern day scholars agree that Buddhism isn't a religion, but a philosophy because you're not spending your time worshiping gods. You're busy with self-realization.

For once in your life could you say something that isn't just a development of someone else's thoughts? Do you have any originality? You claim your "religion" is to be interpreted how you please, but simultaneously a foundation of knowledge, then why don't you shed some wisdom instead of the same old bullshit? Nothing you've said ITT has changed anyone's lives, and that's because it's meaningless dribble. Anyone can string a sentence of words together and make it a sentence of words, but that's doesn't make it anymore meaningful than any other string of words. More words.

More specifically: religions hold that there is a "higher power", or "God" that is above and beyond mortal humans, and that higher power or God should be worshiped. Do you and your Buddhist group put one entity above other living things, and do you worship that entity?

Personally I believe he viewed the world as a product of consciousness.
You being consciousness itself, aka. god.

So I guess the answer to your question is.... both... or perhaps neither.

Attached: 1571945665485.png (1024x1280, 88K)

someone fuck my ass

I’ve heard that too. It’s probably true too. I think whichever label you want is good, Buddhism is meant to help all beings!

Hmmm difficult to say. In Buddhism we tend to believe there is a higher power, but we are all part of that higher power together. There is no separation.

These words are here for all and all beings! I'm gay! What I say has no bearing and is just a collection of random thoughts and words! I'm super gay and I've achieved enlightenment!

Words do have bearing though. They still contain energy and create karma.

>I hope your paper is awesome!
Thank you!
Do you know the grandson of Chandragupta Maurya, Ashoka Maurya also known as emperor Ashoka and Ashoka the Great?

Attached: Ashoka-ili-99-img-7.jpg (700x953, 88K)

Now you're talking about belief finally. That's the one sensical thing you've written so far, and it isn't even your own thought lmao. Fucking hell dude, do much thinking for yourself?

Yes I do!

Good take. Wouldn't the answer then have to be neither, because we can't be both gods and humans at the same time?

But dude what if all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves?

Cool! He is my most favorite person in history, more inspiring than a Moses or Jesus with the addition that Ashoka actually lived!

Perhaps you should read some sutras, either Mahayana or Theravedin.
-The 6 classes of beings: demons, hungry ghosts, animals, humans, demi-gods, and gods.
-The ten subjects Buddha would not discuss.
-Madhyamika, the Middle Way, neither eternalism or nihilism.
-Co-emergence
-What the Teaching is Not, the first sutta in the 'Long Discourses of the Buddha's Digha Nikaya.

That’s awesome! Yeah it’s really cool to read about such an inspiring figure and finding out he was a real person. I think it sets a good example for us all to live up to. I’m currently looking for a figurine of him to put in my house :)

But what about the 6 classes of shitposters?
- zoomers
- boomers
- doomers
- gloomers
- bloomers
- coomers

enough weed for today dude.

What is Buddhism all about in a nutshell?
My crush is a Buddhist

Buddha taught Anatman.
Atman, or Adam, original and unchangeable self, soul.
Anatman, without original self. Selfless, dependant on conditions, impermanent, a collection of parts.

Said the faggot unto the enlightened Buddha. Buddha laughed and began masturbating into a cup and told the young pupil to drink up before the priests came back.

Wow like Adam from the bibble? That would mean Budder cums before the holy bibble holy shit!

Then we are merely energy, but why would you go the extra mile and call it god?
Also, you were on a roll until you called life a dream. Energy is unable to retain memories, so if anything it would be other way around. This is life and after it we enter a dreamlike state. IMO

>we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively
"We are the universe experiencing itself", this goes for all conscious creators because those are able to process experience. We are parts of what makes up the universe.

woah dude your so intellegent and so correct I shat my pants

Ah, I have read many of those. My memory on some may be a bit rusty though...

So essentially, Buddhism is the teachings of Gautama Buddha. He attained enlightenment, which means a state of consciousness where you see the true nature of reality, and are free from the cycle of rebirth.

Essentially, we all have a divine nature, but it’s our ignorance and attachment to worldly desires which keeps us trapped in a cycle of being born, dying, and reborn all over again. The Buddha taught a series of practices and insights for us to to also become enlightened. Meditation is one of the key practices to enlightenment.

It’s a all to digest, by I recommend you read about the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path to start with. If you have some knowledge about Buddhism, I’m sure you could have something to talk about with your crush ;)

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

>Anatman
Yes, afaik he taught that Atman does not exists.
He did this by referring to a tree with its leaves (it's been a while since I read it).
It was because we look at a tree and no matter the season, whether the tree is filled with leaves in spring or without any leaves in the winter, we still call it a tree.
It can also be linked to the impermanent nature of reality.

yEsssssssssss dear thos eggs be delicious

>I’m currently looking for a figurine of him to put in my house
That's a great idea! I might have to get one myself as well!

I'm gay!

Ignorance is the root of desire and aversion, the cause of discontent and unhappiness.
Ignorance is the mistaken assumption that a self is anywhere to be found.

B-BEJITA...P-P-P-PLEASE LET ME LICK YOUR SHAFT A-A-AND BALLS WHILE YOU F-F-FUCK MY WIFE RAW!!!!!!! BEJITA!!! LET ME SNIFF YOUR ASSHOLE WHILE YOU CREAMPIE MY WIFE! BEJITA!!! PLEASE!!!! MY WIFE!!! NOW!!! YES BEJITA PLEASE FART IN MY FACE OH! AND I COLLECTED JARS OF MY WIFE DROOL FOR YOU TO DRINK BEJITA ONLY FOR YOU PLEASE BREAK MY WIFE IN HALF WITH YOUR DICK BEJITA SAMA!!!! BEJITA SAMA PLEASE FUCK MY ANUS HOLE WITH YOUR POWER POLE!!!!!!!! FUCK ME LIKE YOU FUCK MY WIFE!! AND MY SONS!!!! BEJITA! FILL ME WITH YOUR LOVE AND INFLATE MY BELLY WITH YOUR ROYAL SAIYAN PRINCE CUM!!! BEJITA PLEASE KISS ME! BEJITA BEJITA LET ME SUCK YOUR COCK AND SPIT YOUR LOAD INTO MY WIFE'S PUSSY!!! BEJITA... I LOVE YOU BEJITA!! ILL NEVER LEAVE YOU BEJITA JUST PROMISE ME YOU WILL FUCK ME AND MY WIFE EVERY DAY!!! BEJTIA!!! LETS USE THE DRAGON BALLS TO REMOVE MY COCK AND ATTACH IT TO YOU NEXT TO YOUR SUPERIOR COCK SO YOU CAN FUCK ME AND MY WIFE AT THE SAME TIME!! BEJITA!!!! PLEASE FUCK ME WITH MY OWN COCK !!! BEJITA... PLEASE POOP ON MY WIFE! BEJITA YOUR HAIRY ANUS IS SO MANLY IM SO LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO KISS IT!!! *SLURP* *SLURP* MMMM ROYAL SAIYAN SWEAT SO HEADY I CANT THINK...! BEJITA! I NEED DADDIES CUMMIES NOW OWO PLEASE FUCK MY FURSONA... BEJITA! USE YOUR ENERGY RINGS AGAIN!!! CUT OFF THE CIRCULATION TO MY LIMBS SO THEY DIE AND FALL OFF AND I BECOME BEJITA'S ONAHOLE FOR LIFE UNABLE TO FIGHT EVER AGAIN!! BEJITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL I WANT IS TO BE FUCKED BY BEJITA EVERY SINGLE DAY AND FILLED WITH CUM UNTIL I DIE AND POOP THE CUM ONTO MY WIFE!!! BEJITA! PLEASE PISS ON ME I AM YOUR TOILET LOW CLASS SAIYAN MEAT TOILET BORN TO DRINK PISS!!! YOUR PISS BEJITA!!!!! BEJITA PLEASE LET ME SNIFF YOUR UNDERWEAR AFTER YOU TRAIN IN THE THE ROOM OF SPACE AND TIME!!! BEJITA! BEERUS SAYS I CANT TAKE THIS BUTTPLUG OUT FOR ANYONE EXCEPT HIS CAT PENIS BUT I NEED YOU SO BAD!!! PLEASE PULL THE PLUG OUT AND STUFF ME WITH YOUR BIG MANLY MEAT ROD BEJITA!!! BEJITA!! MY PATHETIC SISSY COCK NEEDS PUNISHMENT

Attached: 1572888197624.png (1328x1255, 312K)

Did you really need an entire religion to teach you that? Lmao

There's no you. It is only us in this dark room

You're not better than me, okay?! Just because you've created life doesn't make you some kind of god. There's more to life than life!

OP here, that actually made me lol xD

OP here. I’m gonna sign off now, it was great talking with all of you. Peace, love, and blessings, may you all have lasting happiness

Beings wander continuously, re-birth after re-birth, convinced of a self. Replaying mistakes, vengeance, and lost opportunities. Unable to stop their pathologies, unaware of reality in front of them, suffering over and about a fabricated self.
At its base the self is a blind animal reacting to conditions. At its greatest it is awakened, knowing all minds.

So you know what it's like to be a homosexual with aids?

>Good take. Wouldn't the answer then have to be neither, because we can't be both gods and humans at the same time?
I'm the guy you originally replied to.

Depends how you look at it I suppose.You could say neither if you want to look at them as individual things of a whole.
But that is precisely why I would argue both, since they ultimately are a whole.
See the story of the blind men and the elephant to get a better understanding of what I mean.

This fabricated self continuously generates concepts about it, separating itself from others. Then projecting those concepts onto others and responding as if that other was truly the fabrication created. Missing the actual right there, right now.

So
>projecting
And you needed an entire religion for this shitpost why?

Serious questions, what are your views on traps? Is copulating with a trap gay? If I want a cute crossdressing bf does that make me gay? I think it's not gay as long as they're feminine.

Dharma is neither thing or concept.
Humans create concepts like religion, you or me. Generating hatred or desire, further cementing the fabricated self into a condition of ups and downs, fleeting moments of rage and happiness.
There is a way out of both heaven and hell, but it is subtle and perceivable if you have little dust in your eyes.

See Without cum in our eyes, can we truly perceive? Have we not all been fucked by the man? What doth life?

Holy shit Buddha chan I haven't seen you in months. I'm the guy that read access to insight then pissed you off with the contradictions and exaggerations I found.

>helping

With the eye, a visible object, the mental capacity for sight; contact is possible.
Where contact is possible, feelings arise.
Where feelings are possible, perceptions arise.
Where perceptions are possible, thinking arises.
Where thinking is possible, the proliferation of thinking arises.
Where the proliferation of thinking arises, the being beset by the proliferation of thinking is found.

What if a blind man busts a nut?

Where there is no eye, no object, no mental faculty of sight, contact is impossible.
Where contact is impossible, feelings are impossible.
Where feelings are impossible, perceptions are impossible.
Where perceptions are impossible, thinking is impossible.
Where thinking is impossible, the proliferation of thinking is impossible.
There is nothing to be found here.

So fuck the blind? I thought some of Stevie Wonder's songs were pretty good though.

Answer my question about traps >:((((((((((((

Ikr answer this man's question about traps. Also busting a nut is feeling, therefore a blind nigga can feel just as much as a seeing nigga, so your entire belief is wrong within the first sentence lmao.

I think the answer might go something like this...
The Buddha neither believed, nor disbelieved, in a creator God.

I just want to debate this man if his views on traps are different to mine. A clash of civilisations, a philosophical debate on an equal astral plain is all I am asking of OP.