Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmO5uwzFg0M
youtube.com/watch?v=c0jPryEaR3w
youtube.com/watch?v=aAnlBW5INYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ultimately no.

Only in our minds, OP

ye

Yes, consciousness is freedom from causality.

jews. control. everything.

>raises left hand
>raises right hand
>spits in your mother's asshole
>put in both hands

As free as it can be, user.

>you have no choice but to post on Sup Forums and masturbate to lolis

what a hell this world is

Let me put it this way: if your life sucks and you're over 18 it's your own fault.

the future is determined by the past. everything that has been done has led to this moment. the you of yesterday has forced you to be where you are today. you in this moment are a slave to your past self

yes, I have the free will gene

It is forcing me to type this

No. All our actions are a consequence of a cause. Our timelines are settled on stone, and there is no way we can change it.

This doesn't have anything to do with politics and manipulation, is just how the time works.

That fox is adorable.

You can choose right now to leap from your computer and shout Sweden's national anthem with black up on simply because you will it. Free will requires you never shutting off your brain so being lazy (which most of us would rather do something with less effort as possible) will leave you open to manipulation.

youtube.com/watch?v=hmO5uwzFg0M

Nope.
Only Cause and effect.

Nothing you do is your fault. Nothing matters. So meh..take it or leave it.

I don't understand the rationale for saying we don't have free will from an atheistic perspective, that seems to imply a transcendent force. Maybe someone can explain for me.

I say yes there is free will because God instituted it and I'm not a Calvinist

That transcendent force isn't intelligent. Is the nature, the laws of time and space

watch the new rubin report with Sam Harris and tell me turkroach

youtube.com/watch?v=c0jPryEaR3w

No, free will only exists in our minds. If anything we are more like an observer that is strapped into a body and we just observe their story.

youtube.com/watch?v=aAnlBW5INYg

Not even that, user.

All our thoughts, dreams and imagination are based on our identity, which was formed by the experiences and actions of others, and in our overall education and culture.

All was already established. What are you thinking right now, and how will you react to this comment. Your desire to reply or not, and your decision, was already established since you were born, and much before that.

Biologically, no.

That's why you need to meditate and gain magic to have real free will.

Except you could detect biological changes (that correspond with moving your hand) prior to you making a conscious decision to move.

Sorry.

entertaining video but I disagree.

no, but the human mind is kind of like the weather, while it is technically possible to perfectly predict it's behavior indefinitely if you knew every component of it, it's such a complex system that to get anything done in reality you have to act as if it was actually truly random and plan for all occurrences, since we don't have some supercomputer that's aware of every atom's position and state in the universe

eg I'm just typing this because of what my genes and environment are programming me to type but you don't know what those elements are so I can still share my opinion with you

and you'll only analyze this opinion based on how your genes and environment have programmed you to but I don't know what those elements are so it could still be a surprise to me if you tell me that's just like in your favorite anime I've never heard of or whatever (You)s I may harvest

Depends entirely on whether or not we have any effect on time.
So no idea.
Because no one is batshit insane enough to actually fuck with causality.
And it's really hard to do.